PDA

View Full Version : desperate dc player

prometheus818
Jun 8, 2004, 11:50 PM
hey everyone ive been playing pso for the dc for some time and ive heard so much about being able to play online again so i was wondering if anyone knew how to do so without a cheating device (i.e. the codebreaker) if so PM please thanks

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=75731&forum=1&1

Yes, there is a way. No, don't ask on PSOW about it. And an AR/Code Breaker/Game Shark would be required in any case, unless you have the EU or JP versions, in which case, the servers are still up.

ExoZero
Jun 12, 2004, 03:13 PM
yep sega hates us thats why the only took off the us dc servers again cause they think were not worth it but thats just bullshit

GUN
Jun 23, 2004, 07:11 AM
So the legit EU servers are still running? (Dreamcast)

may have 2 dust down the ole white box again.

gallaugher
Jun 23, 2004, 09:41 AM
On 2004-06-12 13:13, ExoZero wrote:
yep sega hates us thats why the only took off the us dc servers again cause they think were not worth it but thats just bullshit

Are you kidding me? The original PSO was released in Japan on 12/21/2000, almost 4 years ago. You're talking about playing a game for a platform that isn't sold or supported any more. I don't know why they have any DC servers still up. It probably made perfect (business) sense to take down the US servers.

I can't believe anyone would still want to play either Dreamcast version. They pale in comparison to the GCN or XBOX versions which pale in comparison to Blue Burst (IMO).

Solstis
Jun 23, 2004, 09:35 PM
On 2004-06-23 07:41, gallaugher wrote:

On 2004-06-12 13:13, ExoZero wrote:

Are you kidding me? The original PSO was released in Japan on 12/21/2000, almost 4 years ago. You're talking about playing a game for a platform that isn't sold or supported any more. I don't know why they have any DC servers still up. It probably made perfect (business) sense to take down the US servers.

I can't believe anyone would still want to play either Dreamcast version. They pale in comparison to the GCN or XBOX versions which pale in comparison to Blue Burst (IMO).

V1 was free?

But yeah, XBOX/GCN are much better (sadly) than anything Sonic Team would of/could of done with the DC.

Wow, that was a vague comment... *shuts up*

MrLostman
Jun 24, 2004, 05:46 PM
To the person who wonders why anyone would play DC still...
Sure its outdated, but its not one less bit fun then it was back when the game was alive and kicking. DC has a few items that you cannot find in the newer versions, like State/Matenince, ect. And also alot of people just love the older version, cause it brings back great memories of old friends and good times. Dont you remember the first time you took down falz with 3 of your buddys? And if DC pails in comparison to GC/XBOX/BB, then this can be aplied to other games. Why play the origional Sonic or Mario or any classic game. Why play an old atari, or fire up that colecovision? Cause the games are still fun after all this time. And thats why he wants to play DC So much again.

prometheus818
Jun 25, 2004, 11:29 PM
On 2004-06-24 15:46, MrLostman wrote:
To the person who wonders why anyone would play DC still...
Sure its outdated, but its not one less bit fun then it was back when the game was alive and kicking. DC has a few items that you cannot find in the newer versions, like State/Matenince, ect. And also alot of people just love the older version, cause it brings back great memories of old friends and good times. Dont you remember the first time you took down falz with 3 of your buddys? And if DC pails in comparison to GC/XBOX/BB, then this can be aplied to other games. Why play the origional Sonic or Mario or any classic game. Why play an old atari, or fire up that colecovision? Cause the games are still fun after all this time. And thats why he wants to play DC So much again.

you made some awesome points there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif also the dc still aint a bad system. it wa the first console to support online gaming and still does (just not pso) and also the graphics are pretty good. so there is no reason to diss the dc it has good graphics and is cheap and has quite a few good games on it too

Fyrin
Jun 26, 2004, 01:51 AM
It would be awesome if all of a sudden DC server ports in the u.s came up. I played on DC for a very long time, it would cool to play online again.

Saffran
Jun 26, 2004, 09:54 AM
For us europeans, V2 was and still is free of charge as well.

You know, I actually played V1 the other day (had to look at some item stats) and the first thing I noticed was : boy, Very Hard is even harder than Ultimate... Can you say "errr, that Delsaber just outran me, didn't he?" or "wow, Darvants hit you 7 times in a row and interrupt the Trimate shortcut..."

MaxiColor
Jun 29, 2004, 06:52 PM
Gamecube PSO 1 & 2 mutilates the DC version anyway.

Fyrin
Jun 30, 2004, 11:40 PM
What a classic game PSO ver 1&2 on a classic system.
Cool.