PDA

View Full Version : meteor cudgel vs. demo. comet

FattyMcGee
Jun 9, 2004, 02:59 AM
Seems to me that most people prefer the meteor cudgel. Or at least, talk about it more. Just wondering which you prefer, and why.

Seems to me the cudgel has a wide range in ATP, so its' average hit would be below that of the Demolition Comet. it does have 4 more ATA, but that's not such a huge boost... However, the Cudgel has the freeze special, which is awesome. correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that special only work 10% of the time in ultimate? That's what I read somewhere, but haven't actually looked for a Meteor Cudgel yet so haven't tested it out.

Anyway, which do you prefer/use? Right now I use the demolition comet on some of my hunters, just because it was much easier to find for me.

--fatty

Superguppie
Jun 9, 2004, 04:10 AM
I remember VulpesMundi explaining that Demolition Comet does more damage. I've tried both, and the main reason I stick to Demolition Comet is that I think it looks cooler...

lain2k3
Jun 9, 2004, 05:33 AM
Demo comet, without the help of a 3 or 4 way mylla and youlla, will always do more damage than meteor cudgel, and either special is worthless without good hit%.

rena-ko
Jun 9, 2004, 05:54 AM
srank twin actually... does fixed damage and looks very cool.

with shifta, the comet has more atp than the meteor. if it really does more damage... well, the difference would prolly lie in the tenths and thus would be ignoreable in ult mode anyway...

lookwise, i'd go for cudgel.

Superguppie
Jun 9, 2004, 06:11 AM
Hm, yeah. SRank Twin is the best. I'm working on it...
But ofcourse, you do need to be online for that.

PJ
Jun 9, 2004, 06:16 AM
Lookwise: Demolition Comet
Stats: Comet has 4 less ATA, but would hurt more on average. And when your ATA comes to around 210-230, that 4 ATA won't matter much.
Special: Gibarta/Rabarta/Freeze Traps are much more effective for freezing things. I don't like to use weapons that have Freeze specials unless they're Frozen Shooter... and that's not a Freeze Special >_> The DC's Demon's (Or is it Devil's?) I find more useful.

Superguppie
Jun 9, 2004, 06:30 AM
Hmmmmm, just did Item comparison. There is one that's even better than SRank Twin: Double Cannon. And that one really has the looks!

Klaus88
Jun 9, 2004, 06:53 AM
The Double Cannon in my opinion is the ugliest double saber in the game. Don't bother transforming your Lavis cannon at all!!

iamfanboy
Jun 9, 2004, 06:57 AM
*snort*

Double Cannon is 1) Insanely difficult to get (A lavis cannon and TWO syncestas??) and 2) .....

Well, okay, I can't lie, it kicks ass, other than that. One of my friends who is gone for the summer has used enough Photon Drops on his legit one to get the Dark % on it up to 100! Man, turner SMOKES Ill Gills, kills Belras in one combo... it's scary-but-cool to see him in action with it.

I know one other person with a legit one, but imolestkids prefers to use his BKB instead (because fully ground it has more ATP, a fact that DUFTs are all too acquainted with.) Because of that, you aren't TOO likely to be accused of duping it, as long as you show that it isn't an untekked double cannon (impossible to achieve without hacking) and can actually state where you got the items from.

If it sounds like I hang with some pretty crazy folks, you would be right. Quite a few of my friends online have 180+ level characters, and while I have no urge to emulate them, it's always nice to have someone to hide behind when the Ill Gills come to play...

Klaus88
Jun 9, 2004, 07:03 AM
Ok, fair enough.

It might be very good, but it's overused online, it's incredibly unfashionable!

....or maybe it's just be who likes to be an individual?

PJ
Jun 9, 2004, 10:51 AM
I dunno. Double Cannon is Purple http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But the best looking of the Lavis set is the Lavis Blades, can't wait for those ^-^

lain2k3
Jun 9, 2004, 11:51 AM
On 2004-06-09 03:54, rena-ko wrote:
srank twin actually... does fixed damage and looks very cool.

with shifta, the comet has more atp than the meteor. if it really does more damage... well, the difference would prolly lie in the tenths and thus would be ignoreable in ult mode anyway...

lookwise, i'd go for cudgel.

With , shifta, meteor will read as having more atp, but will really do less damage.

And holy fuck double cannon is ugly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 01:04 PM
Double Cannon is the secksiest weapon ever. Except for katana, but they kind of suck in this game.

On Topic: I use the Demo Comet because I have it. The Demo Comet's special is Demons, Nice for Pan arms and Dark gunners and stuff like that.

Akulamenuri
Jun 9, 2004, 02:52 PM
Meteor Cudgel because it matches my outfit. Im so stylish http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dana
Jun 9, 2004, 03:02 PM
i use my cudgel as i think it looks better and has more atp(the range doesn't bother me)as they always die in a combo, and DC is ugly, when walking, MC looks smaller when walking, thats all i don't like that much about the cool D-sabers they are small untill you attack

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 05:14 PM
If its looks your after, Meteor Cudgel all the way. As the Demo. Comet looks like something you'd see a female mage weild in EverQuest *throws up just mentioning the title of that game* When it comes to power, Meteor all the way. I dunno, there something about how it extends when you attack and then gets compact again when you're not, and then the blue glowing crystals. Hey, you can't go wrong with blue!

lain2k3
Jun 9, 2004, 06:33 PM
Sure, face value atp of meteor cudgel may be better, but Its atp per hit ranges by like 300, making the average hit do about 50 less damage than demo comet.

so for performance, go demo comet, looks, either on is fine.

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 08:37 PM
Meteor Cudgel is too bulky too look good on a female. I'd take the Demo Comet for looks.

FattyMcGee
Jun 9, 2004, 10:42 PM
Demolition Comet makes my HUcast look like a (big) little pansy. Watch out boomas, I'm going to smack you with my pink flower stick!!!!

yea, so I've been playing with the Demo Comet for way too long :-/ perhaps I should get me one of those meteor cudgels.

--fatty

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 10:48 PM
Ok Fatty, let's just say Meteor Cudgel for the guys and Demolition Comet for the ladies.

FattyMcGee
Jun 9, 2004, 10:50 PM
agreed! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

--fatty

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 11:28 PM
*just laughs because he knows he could make this battle worse by adding in another Twin Saber that could top both the Meteor Cudgel and Demo. Comet when it comes to looks, but leaves it alone........for now* MWUHWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 11:37 PM
On 2004-06-09 21:28, KveerRaven wrote:
*just laughs because he knows he could make this battle worse by adding in another Twin Saber that could top both the Meteor Cudgel and Demo. Comet when it comes to looks, but leaves it alone........for now* MWUHWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yup, It's called the Double Cannon. Anyone who disagree's gets a kick in the face. *prepares for a fight, looks around for first attacker*

FattyMcGee
Jun 9, 2004, 11:50 PM
I was just comparing the meteor cudgel and demo comet because both arent too hard to find, and have similar stats (atp/ata-wise).

yes, double cannon is cool. Mostly for the stats. but I'm not too hard to please, I even like the way a plain ol stag cutlery looks

--fatty

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 11:56 PM
On 2004-06-09 21:50, FattyMcGee wrote:
I was just comparing the meteor cudgel and demo comet because both arent too hard to find, and have similar stats (atp/ata-wise).

yes, double cannon is cool. Mostly for the stats. but I'm not too hard to please, I even like the way a plain ol stag cutlery looks

--fatty

Meh, Stag cutlery. For dudes only. Meh. And the male double saber animation is way too slow for my tastes. At least its better looking than the male twin swords *bursts into hysterical laughter*.

FattyMcGee
Jun 10, 2004, 02:07 AM
yuk, I hate that animation.

I had forgotten how much I hate it, and decided for a change of pace from my demo comet I would get an Asuka, since it would do comparable damage.

Once I got one I strapped it on my char I was playing at the time (HUcast) and shuddered with horror at the ensuing movements. seriously, what game designer was sitting there thinking "whoa, wouldnt it be cool for the double sword animation on males to look like THIS!"

oh well, I guess if EVERYTHING in the game was supercool to swing, it'd be even tougher to decide on equipment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jason
Jun 10, 2004, 08:42 AM
I prefer a Meteor Cudgel. But a Demolition Comet have this Triforce symbol when the special attack is used which I like and I like what that special attack does than freezing. But I would go for a Black King Bar (BKB) over a Demolition Comet for more power and with that same special. I choose a Meteor Cudgel over Demolition Comet because I love the ice element. Frozen Shooter? No thank you, one of my characters will never be a ranger. Hunters and forces for me.

KveerRaven
Jun 10, 2004, 11:31 AM
Personally, even though the ATP is weaker, the Twin Blaze has a more desirable look. There's just something about fire than puts me in a trance. I had a chance to actually use one and the look of it more than made up for the loss of ATP.

Jarek
Jun 10, 2004, 11:43 AM
Heh, I'd say if the crystals on a demo comet were blue, black, or even red I'd use it a whole lot more.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I just prefer using the Meteor Cudgel now for some reason. 0.o