PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the first in a new series of online videos: Phan

trypticon
Jun 10, 2004, 03:59 PM
Check out the link here. This is the first of the series, and it doesn't cover much, but it might have something of interest for a few people. The picture is small, and grainy, but this was just a first attempt here, so don't judge me too harshly.

http://adam.killsmurf.com/vids/psomovie.wmv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-06-10 13:59 ]</font>

RFB
Jun 10, 2004, 04:22 PM
The image hurt my eyes, and the voice my ears @_@ seriously, I couldnt understand almost a single word!!
Besides I think that putting the full EP1&2 intro is a very lame way of enlarging the video. Besides, you're starting to teach them how to play... IN ULTIMATE! and you dont even teach them first about the menus, or the different characters, or...

The idea is good, but it needs some serious improvement.

If I've been to harsh, I apologize.

trypticon
Jun 10, 2004, 04:31 PM
You haven't been too harsh. This is what I was looking for, to be honest. I put the intro in it only because I originally planned for it to be much longer, but then realized that I didn't want the file size to be too large for quick upload capabilites. This is also why the image is so grainy. The voice sounded much clearer before I uploaded the thing. When I viewed it just a moment ago, it did sound like I was underwater half the time, and the image, again, did appear that way as well.

But it does give a load of room for improvement, which is what I was hoping for. Thank you for your honest opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-06-10 14:33 ]</font>

Hooga
Jun 10, 2004, 06:10 PM
I would agree with RFB. The images are difficult to see, the gamplay needs some cutting. Eg. when you have a not very good example, go find a better one, and cut out the bad one. I didn't mind the sound that much.

Perhaps it would be best to start with the more basic game elements (like possible good ways to set up your commands). And leaves things like rare enemies, which IMO have nothing to do with HOW to play the game, out.

Butoden
Jun 11, 2004, 06:02 AM
I skipped the Intro Sequence, you could skip it too. I think when you do, you can give it some better quality too, so the filesize will be about the same size...

Flashlight
Jun 11, 2004, 09:08 AM
Well its a perfect Battle Training Tutorial much better then Kireek I must say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
The voice was good on my comp and the screen...not too good but good enough to see.
So my opinion:Good enough for late on-line players

Xaos127
Jun 11, 2004, 09:14 AM
i couldn't see any thing all i heard was some guy talking while i stared at a black screen!

trypticon
Jun 11, 2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks a lot, you people. I'm looking for some suggestions of things that people may want online players to know about in this. What you see here was made at the lowest quality grade possible, and I have seen personally now that this grade is not something I want to make again, so the I'll be improving the quality until I get one that looks like I'm not lost in fog or something. Seriously, saving it to a wmv format like I did for the online posting was not a good idea, I was getting seasick while watching it.

So then. Suggestions of stuff to include would be nice. I'm not sure if I want to go into the different menus, as some of you have suggested, only because the menus are the first thing a player should know about when starting to play. Talking about the quick buttons to get to those menus would be a good idea though, and would help expedite team progress through levels, if only by perhaps a few seconds. I'll be having some friends in the games too, particularly if it is important that I start in the normal levels, and I'll be mostly recording their playing abilities with the different character types. One thing I'm thinking I may want to do though is get proof of the 23,000 to 24,000 kill counter on the Sealed J Sword tested and proven on camera. What do you think would be the best way of doing that? Would simply showing that the Use option is highlighted be enough? I'm thinking that if people only saw that, they may have doubts about the validity of the item in question.