PDA

View Full Version : Why me?

Esoteric
Jun 12, 2004, 02:36 PM
Well this officially sucked. I finally decided to take a break from Ep 3 and go back to playing Ep 1&2 on my GC for a while. I plan out a new char that would reach max stats and also a feeding plan for mags I wanted to raise. I get everything the way I want it and begin playing and get up to about Level 14. Then I see a game that has two people in it that were Level 9 and part of some clan because they had *DA* in their names. I figured they would be harmless because of the levels so I joined in the 3rd spot. Then bam, I see one do a shortcut and the other laugh and I freeze. I'm not sure if they had anything to do with the fsod or if it was just a coincidence but it was very frustrating. So I give up. I couldn't even go one day without getting corrupted.

FOmarZophar
Jun 12, 2004, 03:00 PM
I have played with one or two members of these *DA* people in both a regualr game and a EP2 cmode game before and they never did anything that seemed to be suspicious or harmful. I dont know anything about them except the one whos GC i have got corrupted so I cant tell you much.

Esoteric
Jun 12, 2004, 03:23 PM
I can't accuse them of being the reason but I think the reason I froze was because of one using a shortcut that was possibly being spammed in attempt to freeze people entering the game. I noticed that both had full health and didn't seem to be playing although the game had been open for at least ten minutes and I had seen nobody enter which did make me a little suspicious. Also the fact that one "lol" when I entered made me even more suspicious as I froze. I guess I will never know and can't blame them though. I just wish I wouldn't have corrupted so early on. The first time I went without corruption for 1200 hours. But since then, I've corrupted 3 times within 20 hours of play each time I've tried to come back and level a new character. I just don't see a point anymore I hate being corrupted.

Dhylec
Jun 12, 2004, 03:53 PM
what ship were you on when this happened?

Esoteric
Jun 12, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2004-06-12 13:53, Dhylec wrote:
what ship were you on when this happened?

Umm.. Vega 2 I believe.

Dhylec
Jun 12, 2004, 08:50 PM
On 2004-06-12 17:19, Esoteric wrote:
Vega 2

that's your answer!

J3553
Jun 12, 2004, 09:10 PM
Umm.. Vega 2 I believe.

Vega is horrible. I've only been there a few times when I couldn't get a game anywhere else and almost everyone was some "1337 h4xx0r" with a 1304 Mag and annoying hacked symbol chats. Try your luck on Deneb 09, there are a lot of cool people hanging out there. Like me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

trypticon
Jun 13, 2004, 01:32 AM
I used to have a lot of problems with corruption of characters, as well. The problem continued to plague me until I bought a seperate memory card 251, or whatever amount of blocks, and put only PSO on it. I have read before that when there is a few games saved onto a single memory card, the compression can cause problems with the pso file or something. In any case, if you want to save yourself from being corrupted again, perhaps a new memory card would be just the trick.

rena-ko
Jun 13, 2004, 09:16 AM
251memcards save slower, regardless how many savegames of other games you have on them.
though, the game seems to be specialized on 251mems, so that might be a good solution.

i for my part use 251mems, 59mems and a 1019mem and dont have problems with neither card so far.

i'd second the thing about vega.
if youre playing there, and if youre joining open games with fishy people, then you agree on a certain level of risk. any consequences are on you.

better luck next time & have fun

Luis
Jun 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
well i dont go online on my gamecube right now, but i will when i get a new job, anyhow i got a lvl 113 Ramar with a frozen shooter and a heavens punisher, and my wife got a lvl 113 Formal with a summit moon, i am kinda excited and scared at the time to be online, i would like to play online with a lot of ppl and i am pretty scared of what i heard about corruption made by FSOD, any suggestions??, oh yeah i got a router with a pretty good hardware firewall, but still any suggestions?

excecutor
Jun 17, 2004, 02:34 PM
Play on deneb or altair, that may help. Vega is the land of all sorts of evil.

Luis
Jun 17, 2004, 06:38 PM
thanks for the advice, ill keep that in mind when i log on for first time =)

burnningthings3
Jun 17, 2004, 07:49 PM
Ya I'm not too much a Vega Fan... I saw some guy on Deneb who keep putting the nazi sybol O.o... too bad i don't have his guild card......

Lesson here kids:
Vega = Evil!

RFB
Jun 17, 2004, 07:55 PM
that is nothing... I remember a moron that was usually around Iapetus 1/16 back in the DC days... that kept using Walk Trough Walls to get in the middle of the lobby counter and then started to do the nazi symbol, then the USSR flag, then the nazi symbol, USSR flag... rinse, repeat until he was bored.