PDA

View Full Version : IT'S JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Not.

KodiaX987
May 25, 2002, 03:45 PM
Enough is enough, bastards and bitches. I thought I had combed the entire repertoire of fuckheads in the past but it seems like a new type has surfaced, which will duefully be named:

THE GAMEBIGUOUS FUCKHEAD

As usual, no pun intended, really.

The gambiguous fuckhead is characterised by an attention span of two seconds (one less than a goldfish) and a way to mix up his facts and arguments to a point that not even the FBI would be able to sort out and decode. That was only the ambiguous part, however. The GAMEbiguous fuckhead takes this approach onto games, mainly by stating whatever argument he wants as the absolute commandment using the words "It's just a game!"

Now, unfortunately this becomes a double-edged sword, mainly used by cheating advocators and roleplay killers. In the first case they claim not to give a shit about cheating because it's just a game. In the second case they tell us to give a shit about roleplay because it's just a game and whatever doesn't look like regular gaming is considered to be taking the game too seriously, hence leading off to a strange dilemma indeed.

I am supposed to let cheaters go because it's just a game, but I can't roleplay my RAcaseal among my buddies because it's just a game as well. Now considering the fact that a cheat is prone to make you tenfolds angrier than running into a roleplay, we need to step back and consider this typically gamebiguous problem. There isn't a lot of consideration to be done, fortunately, because the mass of induhviduals on their crusade to promote cheating and kill roleplay managed to shoot themselves into the foot. Way to go!

Next comes the argument itself. It has no substance, it has no punch, and it has no intelligence. The only thing it's capable to hold is one Goddam amount of annoyance.

Therefore, to all you fuckheads out there, I say you deserve to be shot! Why? Because it's just a game. My afterword? Grow up! Does this sound familiar to you? Ah-ha!

Now I bet you (you know who you are!) are going to lash out at me because my argument and my recommendation was lame and that it has been overused and that I'm dead or you're not playing anymore. Whatever, my dear moron.

Therefore my suggestion to all you people who claim that the simple word "game" takes you off any blacklists and sets you up as supreme ruler of the servers is to gently step away from the lobby (preferrably not by a teleporter if you know what I mean) and leave us to our own fantasy world, because we happen to find it quite fun. If you're the creator of the game, yes, you may ask me to stop any RP and I will. But if you are in a lobby, you can't say shit against the practice. We have three dozens of ships (more or less) with each about ten or so blocks each with ten or so lobbies. We end up with roughtly 350 lobbies in total, take or give a few. There should be at least one in the pack where you'll enjoy yourself.

And if that doesn't suit you; hey, don't blame me! You know why?

It's just a game; hey waddya know! Does the phrase sound familiar to you?

Shrevn
May 25, 2002, 09:12 PM
cant say sounds familiar to me-
So ill just move along now
btw, dude calm down its just a game.

jello44
May 25, 2002, 09:53 PM
not everyone has to RP in a game you know. I don't do it, PSO was the only game I have really cheated at, (getting a weapon does not really constitue as cheating per say, just someone else's opinion.). So yeah, I still say it's a game. And to be honest, running into a RP gets me more angry than a "cheater" because I don't want to nor have to, so basically, your argument is moot in my eyes.

Greg
May 25, 2002, 09:59 PM
Jello, will you marry me?

PlatinumGame
May 25, 2002, 10:29 PM
Jello44- "The legit man's lawyer!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumGame on 2002-05-25 20:30 ]</font>

Mystil
May 25, 2002, 10:34 PM
On 2002-05-25 13:45, KodiaX987 wrote:
Enough is enough, bastards and bitches. I thought I had combed the entire repertoire of fuckheads in the past but it seems like a new type has surfaced, which will duefully be named:

THE GAMEBIGUOUS FUCKHEAD

As usual, no pun intended, really.

The gambiguous fuckhead is characterised by an attention span of two seconds (one less than a goldfish) and a way to mix up his facts and arguments to a point that not even the FBI would be able to sort out and decode. That was only the ambiguous part, however. The GAMEbiguous fuckhead takes this approach onto games, mainly by stating whatever argument he wants as the absolute commandment using the words "It's just a game!"

Now, unfortunately this becomes a double-edged sword, mainly used by cheating advocators and roleplay killers. In the first case they claim not to give a shit about cheating because it's just a game. In the second case they tell us to give a shit about roleplay because it's just a game and whatever doesn't look like regular gaming is considered to be taking the game too seriously, hence leading off to a strange dilemma indeed.

I am supposed to let cheaters go because it's just a game, but I can't roleplay my RAcaseal among my buddies because it's just a game as well. Now considering the fact that a cheat is prone to make you tenfolds angrier than running into a roleplay, we need to step back and consider this typically gamebiguous problem. There isn't a lot of consideration to be done, fortunately, because the mass of induhviduals on their crusade to promote cheating and kill roleplay managed to shoot themselves into the foot. Way to go!

Next comes the argument itself. It has no substance, it has no punch, and it has no intelligence. The only thing it's capable to hold is one Goddam amount of annoyance.

Therefore, to all you fuckheads out there, I say you deserve to be shot! Why? Because it's just a game. My afterword? Grow up! Does this sound familiar to you? Ah-ha!

Now I bet you (you know who you are!) are going to lash out at me because my argument and my recommendation was lame and that it has been overused and that I'm dead or you're not playing anymore. Whatever, my dear moron.

Therefore my suggestion to all you people who claim that the simple word "game" takes you off any blacklists and sets you up as supreme ruler of the servers is to gently step away from the lobby (preferrably not by a teleporter if you know what I mean) and leave us to our own fantasy world, because we happen to find it quite fun. If you're the creator of the game, yes, you may ask me to stop any RP and I will. But if you are in a lobby, you can't say shit against the practice. We have three dozens of ships (more or less) with each about ten or so blocks each with ten or so lobbies. We end up with roughtly 350 lobbies in total, take or give a few. There should be at least one in the pack where you'll enjoy yourself.

And if that doesn't suit you; hey, don't blame me! You know why?

It's just a game; hey waddya know! Does the phrase sound familiar to you?

What in Halleys Comet, is this...? Some one here needs a hug.

It's only a game. Heh.

TeamPhalanx
May 27, 2002, 04:29 PM
I'm not too sure on what KodiaX987's trying to say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HC82
Jul 3, 2002, 06:20 AM
When it comes to dangerous cheats it isn't a game.

If you NOL someone your not just messing with there "game", your also taking away the time and effort the person put into that character. Personal time that can't be regained.

Just my two cents on folk who think it's ok to use cheats that mess with other players.

TedEdFred
Jul 3, 2002, 11:30 AM
I think its important to remember its just a game if you get down about the game or something. Like you loose a character, or your save or something (not due to someone else). Or so that you don't try too hard to do some near impossible task and drive yourself nuts trying to do it.

But online games sometimes aren't games at all. And sometimes its a mix.

-confusatron

hollowtip
Jul 6, 2002, 04:43 PM
I hate cheaters and role players, so that means I need to get a life? Sorry but the reason why I don't like role players is because I think they take a lot away from the whole gameplay experience PSO brings. If you want to communicate with your fellow online friends why don't you go to a chatroom or something? Shit, seems like a waste of money to just sit in F1 creating your own little fantasy when I want to level up while trying to get to Dark Faltz. My perfect PSO team consists of 3 other players of any class going at it only typing when it's crucial to communicate on whats relevant to the situation that we are in and at that only shortcut keys should be used.

It's great when each player just tears through each area, helping each other out whenever they need it. It's not great when players are having a conversation in their own little fantasy world in F1 while the other two players are trying to get through Ultimate C3.