PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

Jason
Jun 13, 2004, 09:57 AM
Read the topic. Are you going to get it? I will, for old times sake with extras, improved graphics, there are some Pokemon that are not catchable from Ruby/Sapphire, and that pak of wireless connection that is included free. Those who are not a fan of the original games or a fan of Pokemon in general will not know half the thing I'm saying here. I also am going to get it because I only really am a fan of the original 151 Pokemon. I experienced and trained in Pokemon Yellow for, like, 4 years or so with Pokemon Stadium for N64. Now that I sold my N64 and my Pokemon Yellow, it is time for me to start all over again in this newer version of the original I'm looking forward to. I have someone to use with the wireless connection which is going to be fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-13 08:07 ]</font>

Madzozs
Jun 13, 2004, 10:32 AM
I'm prolly gonna get it just because I've played all the others.

Link00seven
Jun 13, 2004, 11:04 AM
Sorry, if you ask me, the whole Pokemon thing is dead and gone...they should just stop right now...

PJ
Jun 13, 2004, 01:10 PM
The Pokemon games are awesome...

It's jsut the rest of the stuff that actually made money previously was lame http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Kadavreski
Jun 13, 2004, 01:41 PM
yes. iam. i hope it can link to colloseum.

Aunt_Betty
Jun 13, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 2004-06-13 11:41, mechgun_mike wrote:
yes. iam. i hope it can link to colloseum.

You can.

Link00seven
Jun 13, 2004, 04:11 PM
I used to like the games, cards, everything. But its just all boring to me now...ah well.

Cinnamon
Jun 13, 2004, 06:38 PM
I'll definitely get it! I loved all the other games (aside from the Pikachu one on the N64), but a remake of the games that started it all? Fantastic! Though we'll probably get "Sky Blue" or "Ocean Blue" though. =P

Jason
Jun 14, 2004, 08:38 AM
On 2004-06-13 16:38, Cinnamon wrote:
I'll definitely get it! I loved all the other games (aside from the Pikachu one on the N64), but a remake of the games that started it all? Fantastic! Though we'll probably get "Sky Blue" or "Ocean Blue" though. =P

I know what you mean. It happened with the original Red and Blue versions, the Yellow version came out after those versions. But Fire Red will fit my flaming red GBA SP just fine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

segadrm10
Jun 14, 2004, 08:45 AM
i think im going to get it just to see how it is. cause i all ready got red and yellow so probably the same thing except for the graphics.

space_butler
Jun 14, 2004, 01:08 PM
I might get it, but ill probably get it secondhand like i did with ruby

Jason
Jun 15, 2004, 08:34 AM
On 2004-06-14 11:08, space_butler wrote:
I might get it, but ill probably get it secondhand like i did with ruby

Second handed games may be cheaper, but it won't last longer than if you're having it brand new. For cartridge games there is a battery save, so... As for disks, it is better for second handed than cartridges as long as there's no scratches as the disk doesn't save your game but depending on your memory card to.

Ahya
Jun 15, 2004, 08:45 AM
Can I get Scizor on it? Thats all I want to know.

RFB
Jun 15, 2004, 09:08 AM
Pokemon: or how to blatantly steal the gamers' money with repetitive shit and stupid stories. u_u

And please do not come with the shit that I have not played any or such. I had Pokemon Ruby. I grew tired of it after a few weeks. I do not wish to play any other Pokemon game ever. If I want to fight, I will play Soul Calibur II. If I want Role Play, I will play Skies of Arcadia. Pokemon stinks...

Jason
Jun 15, 2004, 07:04 PM
On 2004-06-15 07:08, RFB wrote:
And please do not come with the shit that I have not played any or such.

I don't know you (I don't know everything you like and dislike), and this topic isn't meant only for you but for everyone. If you don't like what's on this topic, why bother coming here being rude? I don't like it.

Ahya, Scizor isn't one of the original 151 Pokemon so it will not be obtainable in Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green. But with either one of these versions, you do can obtain Scyther and train it, then transfer it to either Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. With the Scyther from Fire Red or Leaf Green, you can transform it into a Scizor on Ruby or Sapphire when transferred from Fire Red or Leaf Green.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-15 17:06 ]</font>

K-ne
Jun 15, 2004, 08:56 PM
I might get it. Pokemon Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and holy crap, was I addicted to it for the month after I bought it. But after I broke down and bought Pokemon Colosseum, I started to lose interest, and I'm taking a break from it. I don't know if it's worth getting into again, especially since I *know* I'm not ever going to be a hardcore Pokemon trainer (heh, that sounds funny).

But you know, I do need more games for my GBA. Hmm. Maybe I'll finally check out Shining Soul instead. >.>

PJ
Jun 16, 2004, 06:38 AM
On 2004-06-15 17:04, Jason wrote:
Ahya, Scizor isn't one of the original 151 Pokemon so it will not be obtainable in Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green. But with either one of these versions, you do can obtain Scyther and train it, then transfer it to either Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. With the Scyther from Fire Red or Leaf Green, you can transform it into a Scizor on Ruby or Sapphire when transferred from Fire Red or Leaf Green.

That's not true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

When you beat the game on Fire Red/Leaf Green, you get the National Dex (Not sure exact name though), so you can obtain all 3xx Pokemon in the 3 other games (Ruby, Sapphire, Colloseum), but even then, you can't trade with R/S/C in the beginning, or in the end, you need to do something on the new islands ^_^

BOO YAS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PhotonDrop
Jun 16, 2004, 08:32 AM
Speaking of new islands, I hear that Deoxys has a different sprite in Fire Red/Leaf Green than in Ruby and Sapphire.

Jason
Jun 16, 2004, 10:05 AM
On 2004-06-16 04:38, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2004-06-15 17:04, Jason wrote:

That's not true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

When you beat the game on Fire Red/Leaf Green, you get the National Dex (Not sure exact name though), so you can obtain all 3xx Pokemon in the 3 other games (Ruby, Sapphire, Colloseum), but even then, you can't trade with R/S/C in the beginning, or in the end, you need to do something on the new islands ^_^

BOO YAS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

That, I did not know okay? ><

Ahya, sorry for giving misinformation. Thank you Supah Chao.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-17 06:53 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 16, 2004, 10:31 AM
Not trying to bash you Jason, just pointing it out ^_^;;;

On 2004-06-16 06:32, PhotonDrop wrote:
Speaking of new islands, I hear that Deoxys has a different sprite in Fire Red/Leaf Green than in Ruby and Sapphire.

Yes, in Fire Red, he's got a tentacly form that specializes in Attack/Special Attack, and in Leaf Green, he's got a bulky form that specializes in Defense/Special Defense.

RavenTW
Jun 16, 2004, 03:10 PM
Meh, I don't know. Of course, since my friend deleted my Pokemon master file on the original Red, I may have to go back and nab this to get my Master rating back. And if I can transfer from Ruby and Sapphire, I could bring in my Blaziken, Kyogre, and Rayquaaza (caught with an Ultra Ball, by the way) to the old skool field. ok, maybe I will get this game. But I need to get Ep. 3 first.

Jason
Jun 17, 2004, 08:54 AM
On 2004-06-16 08:31, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Not trying to bash you Jason, just pointing it out ^_^;;;

I knew that. Did you missed my thank you? >>