PDA

View Full Version : the inevitable SSBM sequel

iamthehbomb
Jun 13, 2004, 04:26 PM
Ah, what a great game Super Smash Bros. Melee is. It is incredibly deep with a simple to learn, yet complex mix of fighting strategy and style. I love pretty much everything about this game - its stages, event matches, home run derby, music, trophies...I could go on and on.

But, there is one thing that does bug me about this game and I think could be addressed in the follow-up to this game. The selectable characters leave something to be desired. I feel like HAL became lazy as far as creating new fighters. Instead of reaching back a bit to the SNES or NES days to revive original characters from older franchises - they just keep on adding more and more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon franchise characters. Were Mewtwo, Young Link, Pichu, or Peach all that necessary? I don't think so.

Most likely (although I'm hoping not) to happen in the next installment is that a couple more Pokemon will be added, another Mario character like Wario will show, or maybe a DK franchise character will pop up like Diddy Kong. I don't have anything against any of these characters - I just want some more variety. So, I'm gonna offer up some suggestions for NINTENDO franchise characters that have fallen by the wayside that I think would make cool fighters.

Mike Jones - Yo-Yo wieling, alien emperor battling, time traveling adventurer from the the StarTropics NES games in the early 90's. Kinda similar to Ness in that he was known to use a yo-yo and baseball bat, but different enough to warrant a try.

Thomas - Super courageous fighter battling his way through 5 floors of madness in Kung Fu, one of the original black box releases for the NES at the time of its inception. Could offer awesome potential for a stage mirroring the five floor design of Kung Fu with its snakes, dragons, knife wielding baddies and other various obstacles. Anyways, whats cooler than a kung-fu expert?

Pit - Pretty much everyone wanted Pit in this game, but I'll settle for him in the next. For the uneducated out there, he's the hero in the really great game Kid Icarus. If you haven't played it and have an NES, I suggest picking it up. I think he would be perfect for Smash Bros and he looks very cool. Imagine a fiery lil' dude with angel wings, slinging a bow and arrow sporting a nice white toga. That's pretty badass if you ask me.

King Dedede - I know this would be an expansion on the Kirby franchise in Smash Bros, but he's too good a char to exclude. He has shown up in various Kirby games over the years either as a boss or ally. Its about time he threw his hat into the Smash arena. It would be insanely fun to play with him - a giant penguin sporting colorful robe and crown crushing everything in his path with his hammer!

That's about all I can think of right now. I do want to hear from you all though. Feel free to offer up your own ideas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamthehbomb on 2004-06-17 03:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamthehbomb on 2004-06-17 04:00 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 13, 2004, 04:38 PM
Mewtwo must stay. He's not really a good fighter, but he's a heck of a lot of fun to play!

Characters to get rid of:

Luigi, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf (Or give him different moves), young link, Jigglypuff (Weak, and no fun to play -_-), Pichu, Give Marth or Roy different moves set, so they can stay, Falco.

Keep Bowser, cause he's fun to play
I wouldn't keep Peach, but she is different

I can't think of anything to add, but I know I will x_X

Cowboy
Jun 13, 2004, 05:08 PM
Add a custom fight option. make certain players metal, certain players tiny, ect.

You could have a giant metal pika versus 3 mini jiggly bash!

AUTO_
Jun 13, 2004, 05:53 PM
-The Pikmin guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-One of the Resident Evil franchise characters...just because it'd be funny to see an RE character in cartoonish form.

-The dog from Duck Hunt...he could throw dead ducks at you or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah, I'm out of ideas.

Zzzzzz
Jun 13, 2004, 05:55 PM
On 2004-06-13 15:53, AUTO_ wrote:

-One of the Resident Evil franchise characters...just because it'd be funny to see an RE character in cartoonish form.

I know you probably know this, but RE is Capcom's, and Capcom's alone. Still, it be fun to see.

And the dog from Duck Hunt...dude! That would be awesome!

TheOneHero
Jun 13, 2004, 05:57 PM
It would be real cool if they put some Golden Sun Chars in, or whoop out some dudes from the NES and Snes jiggly puff is good if you know how to use him*like me* though Roy is my Ultimate char...anywasy...GS chahrs would be awesome...think about kicking Kirbys marshmellow ass with some aw-inspiring synergy from Alex, Felix, Isac, Garet, Ivan etc, etc...i have lots of other ideas about ssbm but i dont feel like putting em down...*Maybe some zora link from MM*...idk...later all

TheOneHero
Jun 13, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-06-13 15:55, Zzzzzz wrote:

On 2004-06-13 15:53, AUTO_ wrote:

I know you probably know this, but RE is Capcom's, and Capcom's alone. Still, it be fun to see.

And the dog from Duck Hunt...dude! That would be awesome!

and yes that dog would kick major ass...so awesome...i alwasy wished i could somehow have been able to shoot him everytime he laughed at me when i missed a duck...*Breaks off barrel of zapper to gain the shotgun pistol* It huntin time now! *recently i did that...it works..

BlackRose
Jun 13, 2004, 06:50 PM
A Uniracer, and Samurai Goroh.

Skett
Jun 13, 2004, 08:45 PM
I actually think that instead of removing Y. Link, Ganondorf, and Dr. Mario, they should just make them extra costumes that might make slight variations of the main character.

Meaning, if you select Link and press Y to change costume colors, Young Link would appear at the end. It would make more characters while allowing more regular characters to be made.

Next time, Nintendo, Hal Laboritories, and Sega should coop together (like with G-Zero GX) to create a Nintendo vs. Sega game.

Gnarled_rose
Jun 13, 2004, 08:51 PM
Get rid of: Mr. Game and Watch, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Falco.
Add: Mallow (Super Mario RPG), Metaknight (Kirby), replace Ice Climbers with Joe and Mac, and the three Secret of Mana characters.

AquaFlare7
Jun 13, 2004, 08:53 PM
Jigglypuff (Weak, and no fun to play -_-

um I don't know exactly how long or competitive you play this game, but I can pwn with Jiggylypuff, especially with the one hit kill.

you must really not play this game much if you think peach isnt good. She is best in multi player games as her run-away tactics are extrordinary.

It has been done in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Jill)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-06-13 18:56 ]</font>

Bradicus
Jun 13, 2004, 08:58 PM
On 2004-06-13 18:53, AquaFlare7 wrote:
Jigglypuff was considered to be my best character for a very long time... Of course, i just used her because winning with link got too easy.

After her it was Mewtwo, than ganondorf. I try to keep my lineup interesting : )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-06-13 19:24 ]</font>

chantez131313
Jun 13, 2004, 09:22 PM
This may not be adding characters, but how about some online play? This to good a game to pass up.

PJ
Jun 13, 2004, 10:01 PM
On 2004-06-13 18:51, Gnarled_rose wrote:
Get rid of: Mr. Game and Watch,

NOOOOOOO! O_O He is SO much fun to play!

On 2004-06-13 18:53, AquaFlare7 wrote:

um I don't know exactly how long or competitive you play this game, but I can pwn with Jiggylypuff, especially with the one hit kill.

you must really not play this game much if you think peach isnt good. She is best in multi player games as her run-away tactics are extrordinary.

For both Jigglypuff and Peach, I say get rid of them because they're boring -_-

And I used to paly this game extremely competitively. It was jsut between me and my brothers, and the only people that could beat us (In our area) was ourselves http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

_Ted_
Jun 13, 2004, 10:06 PM
On 2004-06-13 18:51, Gnarled_rose wrote:
Add: Mallow (Super Mario RPG)

No! If you're going to add a Super Mario RPG character then make it Geno....or Smithy!

Some things they need to do in the next game, make kirby and ness good again, tone down link and mario, and make Donkey Kong more slow!

Orange_Coconut
Jun 13, 2004, 10:15 PM
Or... Sniffit #4 :x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2004-06-13 20:15 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jun 14, 2004, 11:33 AM
NOTE: The below games have ALL graced the NES, so they COULD be SSB candidates (at least, some of them would be hilarious to see in an SSB game).

Dragon Warrior: the main char/class Hero

Legends of Gaia: the main char (forgot his name, but he had a flute and telekinetic powers).

A Star Tropics character would be nice.

The Bionic Commando: Hell yeah!

Bomberman: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Castlevania: so many sequals, yet he never makes it into SSB.

Contra: not sure bout this one...

Double Dragon: one or both of them.

Battletoads: maybe have Pimple, the big, mean, pink toad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Metal Gear: Solid Snake (LMAO! that'd be great)

Robo47
Jun 14, 2004, 11:59 AM
Put in the Noid!

I wana see Godzilla as like, a boss character or something. He had a game on the S-NES and then GC so why not?

other characters I want are:

Pit
Bomberman
Ray Man( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )
a Trainer from Pokemon (basic punches and kicks with Pokeball throwing action!)
a Ninja Turtle(preferably Raph or Don)

Mixfortune
Jun 14, 2004, 12:39 PM
I'll have to agree on _Ted_ about the Geno thing... may not happen, but it would be pretty nice nonetheless.

The support for Jigglypuff has already been said, so I won't continue that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And then there's the occasional support from hopefuls for PSO characters in SSBM. Won't happen, I hope...

segadrm10
Jun 14, 2004, 01:01 PM
i think they should add wario, and put more trophies and to be able to get the coins for the trophies easier.

Outrider
Jun 14, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-06-14 09:33, WraithVerge wrote:
NOTE: The below games have ALL graced the NES, so they COULD be SSB candidates (at least, some of them would be hilarious to see in an SSB game).

Dragon Warrior: the main char/class Hero

Legends of Gaia: the main char (forgot his name, but he had a flute and telekinetic powers).

A Star Tropics character would be nice.

The Bionic Commando: Hell yeah!

Bomberman: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Castlevania: so many sequals, yet he never makes it into SSB.

Contra: not sure bout this one...

Double Dragon: one or both of them.

Battletoads: maybe have Pimple, the big, mean, pink toad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Metal Gear: Solid Snake (LMAO! that'd be great)

It can't happen. None of those (barring the Startropics guy) can happen, as they're all owned by a different game company.

Mallow and Geno would never happen either, as (I was surprised to find out) they're actually owned by Square. Geno shows up in a mini-game in Mario & Luigi, and at the end of the credits, he's credited to Square... NOT Nintendo.

I don't really see why they would have to get rid of any of the characters, really. I mean, most of them play different from the character they were cloned from. (For instance... a good Captain Falcon will usually not be good at Ganondorf, and vice-versa.)

I say just throw in more characters. Tone down on the Pokemon though... It won't happen, but I would like it if they didn't add more of them. There's enough playable Pokemon as is. Who knows which ones they'll add in the next one, though.

Depending on when it comes out in relation to Star Fox 2, I'd almost expect to see another SF character in there. Maybe we'll get another main character in Metroid Prime 2, and they'll get added in? Perhaps they'll just give us the Phazon-clone as an alternate costume.

I liked some of the character suggestions already mentioned... such as the Startropic's Kid, Pitt, Captain Olimar, etc. But remember... if they're not owned by Nintendo, they're not gonna show up. Even the Golden Sun characters are iffy... I think that they would probably be owned by Camelot, and Camelot isn't owned by Nintendo.

I dunno... I think Cowboy has a great idea with the custom battles... I would definitely love to play using his example of one extra-large character vs. three tiny characters.

shifter
Jun 14, 2004, 01:57 PM
personally, i think that they should get rid of pichu, thee most annoying char in the game, either marth or roy, cause there almost identical except for a few moves, and make the sword players have a slower reaction times between moves. i cant tell you how cheap some of my friends can be using a sword weilder, especially link.
Dks speed is fine, they shouldnt touch it. leave jigglypuff in cause she can be very deadly if you know how to use her and the same goes with game & watch(man i love that guy), and leave falco, he may be like fox but if youve played with both with them, youd know the difference.

as for adding chars, geno would be soooo cool, maybe ridley, and for real this time sonic, knuckles(preferably), or tails. odd how i cant remember any other NES game chars right now.

Mixfortune
Jun 14, 2004, 03:26 PM
As Outrider pointed out, it wouldn't necessarily be of any use to remove characters. The "clone" characters (such as Marth/Roy, Fox/Falco, Captain Falcon/Ganondorf) are actually quite different from each other, to those experienced with using them or fighting against them.

As the games would only get more advanced (hopefully), there will be no reason to remove characters. Why would they?

Customizeable options, per player, as Cowboy as stated, would definitely pick up the replay value with different combinations of fights. Also, a Stock Modifier per player would be helpful as well. For example, player 1 starts with 3 stock while player 2 starts with 5 stock, etc.

lain2k3
Jun 14, 2004, 05:24 PM
O_o, why do you people want o get rid of half the damned characters in the game!?

I think the only unnescessary characters were pichu and ganondorf.

The rest of them pwn ass!

And, I want there to be a RAmarl in the game...

Frozen shooter in SSB!

Outrider
Jun 14, 2004, 05:27 PM
While I can't really think of a use for Pichu aside from screwing around (that's the only time I use him), you guys obviously haven't seen what a talented player can do with Ganondorf. He can be devastating in a match.

And again... no Sega characters will be in Smash Bros. Let's try and get some realistic suggestions.

EJ
Jun 14, 2004, 05:54 PM
Mewtwo is a great character. If he is used right he is unstoppable. His only flaw is that he is too light. I seen a skill Mewtwo player in action and in the right hands he is unstoppable.

Bradicus
Jun 14, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-06-14 15:27, Outrider wrote:
you guys obviously haven't seen what a talented player can do with Ganondorf. He can be devastating in a match.

With good enough reaction time and knowledge of your opponents, Ganon's insane power is damn near unstopable. Unless items are on >_>

AquaFlare7
Jun 14, 2004, 06:22 PM
Just admit it, no matter how talented you are this is still a very RANDOM game! The only true waste of space is pichu, as he/she/it is completely identicle to pikachu, only a wee bit suicidal. But just to tell what I think would be nice, I think they should add:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Though I am not a big Sonic fan it would definately be cool.

Billy Hatcher
Opens the door for whole new movesets.

Bionic Commando
For obvious reasons, though I'm not sure about whoi has rights to him.

Sord
Jun 14, 2004, 06:47 PM
On 2004-06-14 16:17, Bradicus wrote:

On 2004-06-14 15:27, Outrider wrote:
you guys obviously haven't seen what a talented player can do with Ganondorf. He can be devastating in a match.

With good enough reaction time and knowledge of your opponents, Ganon's insane power is damn near unstopable. Unless items are on >_>

indeed, luckily for me my friends like to play with items off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My bests are respectively Kirby, Ness, Ganon, Game&Watch, Mewtwo, and Marth, so obviously (and selfishly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) keep them.

It would be nice if Nintendo could pay some Sega character, finally settle the Mario vs. Sonic issue XP

as for other characters, some more RPG ones would be nice, Pit's been mentioned about a million times (and now +1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) No more pokemon, though since most of the famous ones are weapons, hopefully that won't happen.

Also, how come hardly any one has talked about weapons? The baseball bat and hammer are effing annoying. Anyhoo, I'm out

LostHero
Jun 14, 2004, 08:55 PM
Some more game modes would be nice. Like a vampire mode, were each kill gives you another stock, or the damage you do replenishes your own health.

Maybe adding some grooves, or special move type meters.

As for characters, it would be awesome if nintendo bought the license to some other franchises. Grabbing final fantasy or sega characters would definitly spice things up and draw alot more sales too. Slap cloud as a playable character on the box and viola +2 million in sales lol - megaman or zero anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LostHero on 2004-06-14 18:57 ]</font>

Outrider
Jun 14, 2004, 09:08 PM
Ugh... if the first sign of the apocalypse occured and we did get Final Fantasy characters... don't waste it on Cloud.

And adding in grooves and different styles just goes against the whole point of the game. Smash Bros. is supposed to be a simplified fighting game. Anyone can pick it up and start playing. It's not the next Street Fighter or Soul Calibur.

Perhaps another Earthbound character would be nice... probably Paula or Poo. I just can't see Jeff getting put into the game.

And it's very annoying to have everyone suggesting non-Nintendo characters, especially Sonic... A Nintendo-character game will never EVER have non-Nintendo characters in it... so let's just drop it and get back to the topic.

TheOneHero
Jun 14, 2004, 09:08 PM
On 2004-06-14 18:55, LostHero wrote:
Some more game modes would be nice. Like a vampire mode, were each kill gives you another stock, or the damage you do replenishes your own health.

Maybe adding some grooves, or special move type meters.

As for characters, it would be awesome if nintendo bought the license to some other franchises. Grabbing final fantasy or sega characters would definitly spice things up and draw alot more sales too. Slap cloud as a playable character on the box and viola +2 million in sales lol - megaman or zero anyone?

i totally agree maybe add some GS chars too?

LostHero
Jun 14, 2004, 09:43 PM
You can implement those things in subtle ways that don't interfere with the aesthetic and gameplay values of SSBM. Like after so much damage taken, or how well your doing (like when the crowd cheers for you)... whatever your character could go into a rage or gamebreaker type mode as a reward for great preformance (pikachu eminating with electricty etc). In that mode maybe a special move? or each of the existing B moves is superfied! Like links' grass cutter move having a bigger radius and covered in flame etc

It's kind of balanced, because the opponent is aware you are going to be trying to be attempting such a move. I dunno I'm pretty high right now lol, so I am probably rambling jib.

By the way, nothing would be better than Cloud being in SSBM. Slapping down cloud fanboys with jigglypuff would be orgasmic.

shifter
Jun 14, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-06-14 19:08, Outrider wrote:
Ugh... if the first sign of the apocalypse occured and we did get Final Fantasy characters... don't waste it on Cloud.

but you just know they will to appease some of there fanboys/girls.

And it's very annoying to have everyone suggesting non-Nintendo characters, especially Sonic... A Nintendo-character game will never EVER have non-Nintendo characters in it... so let's just drop it and get back to the topic.

we can dream cant we?

LostHero
Jun 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
Hey! snk and capcom did it so nintendo can do it too!

Bradicus
Jun 14, 2004, 10:29 PM
Hmmm...
Anyone else think that the FLUDD would make a great item?

DarthFomar
Jun 14, 2004, 10:31 PM
On 2004-06-14 20:29, Bradicus wrote:
Hmmm...
Anyone else think that the FLUDD would make a great item?

Yes indeedydo........ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

What about using some of the items from "Mario Cart: Double Dash", that would be interesting?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bradicus
Jun 15, 2004, 02:19 PM
On 2004-06-14 20:23, LostHero wrote:
Hey! snk and capcom did it so nintendo can do it too!

Yeah, but then it would be more like Smash Second Cousins.

Mixfortune
Jun 15, 2004, 03:46 PM
If they do add Super Team Hyper Combo Finishes, or variations thereof, please god make them toggleable.

Again, as Outrider said, it's more of a simplified game that can still take some strategy. There's a reason all the moves are based off a single direction and a button, not this down-to-right A+B+Y Rotate Counterclockwise back-to-left semi cricle hyper moves business.

How about a multiplayer Break The Targets or Board The Platforms? In multi-BTT, it could be a bit wider areas, with more targets, but the next targets only appear after a set number of times in random points. That way, it's not over too quickly, but it keeps things in a reletively competitive area. The one with the most targets broken wins... -1 point or so for losing a life. Multi-BTP would basically be like the original BTP, namely board all the platforms.

New character- Totakeke (K.K. Slider)

AquaFlare7
Jun 15, 2004, 07:06 PM
On 2004-06-14 16:47, Sord wrote:
The baseball bat and hammer are effing annoying.

Did you know that roy and Marth's counter-attack works magic against a hammer user? It's so easy to pull off and even better with the fact that knocking them off edges while they have the hammer is a gauranteed win http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-06-16 15:00 ]</font>

Kupi
Jun 15, 2004, 09:05 PM
People would probably want to lynch me, but... Raichu. C'mon! It would've been better than Pichu in the first place, and they *can't* go without giving us the evolutionary superior. But after that, no more Pokemon. I don't think there are any more that are popular enough to get an SSB spot anyway.

Wind Waker's Link, maybe? He could be really different, what with his "Hylian guided missle" (Boomerang) and that crazy extended Spin Attack, not to mention the fact that his fighting style is completely different from the OoT Links.

I think Ganondorf should be moved away from Captain Falcon's style, but kept in the game. Ditto with the other "clones"; I think they should assume their own styles unless they have good reason to keep their model's style, as in the case of Mario and Doctor Mario. Heck, I'd even be happy if they kept the same mechanics for the moves, but made them look completely different.

Peppy and Slippy would be neat additions to the Star Fox representation. Or perhaps, instead of them, Bill and Katt. I'm sure they'd have something other than standard Cornerian kickboxing training.

Fusion Samus could make an interesting clone for Samus. I've actually considered how I would make the two different before, at least in their B moves. See, they would modify the rest of their B-moves based on whether or not the charged shot is fully charged. Fusion Samus would shoot Freeze Missles (freezes the enemy on contact, of course) on the forward-B, whereas Samus would fire a Super Missle (strong smash damage and high %, but you only get one shot of it, because it removes the charge). The down-B bomb would change into a Power Bomb for Fusion Samus (high damage/smash, but a long timer), but normal Samus would do that carpet bomb from Super Metroid, with an extended range (we're talking several body lengths away). The up-B wouldn't change with the weapon charge; normal Samus retains the Screw Attack, while Fusion Samus uses the Space Jump, which goes higher but doesn't do any damage.
...well, THAT went on too long.

Hrm. Since Ganondorf's moved out of Captain Falcon's "clone" space in my little fantasy version of the future, put Mach Rider in his place!

Oh, and make Kirby copy ALL the B-moves once he inhales someone. I want to see Kirby do a Raptor Boost, Falcon Dive, and Falcon Kick, not just the Punch!

I think that's about it for rational ideas. If I could bring one non-Nintendo character to the Smash Brothers series, I'd pick Viewtiful Joe. Up-B would be a zoom jump (sans the Zoom, of course), repeatable once during the first attack, like Pi(ka)chu's Quick Attack. Forward B would be the Voomerang, and down-B would be the Shocking Pink. The B button would toggle him between normal speed, slow-motion, and Mach Speed. None of his speed changes would affect the other players, just Joe. In slow-motion, he of course moves slower but does more damage and smashes farther. Mach Speed reduces his damage but hurls afterimages at people and, of course, makes him really fast. I think he'd make a neat Smasher, but since he's not Nintendo-exclusive... ah well.

Alrighty, I'm done.

Bradicus
Jun 15, 2004, 09:58 PM
Give me an Iron Knuckle to play as in SSB and i shall be content.
Make the Iron Knuckle a playable class in a Zelda MMORPG and i shall be ecstatic.

You know you've always wanted to feel the brute strength that is the Knuckle. >_>
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/games/z6/characters/iron_knuckle.gif
Personally, i liked every other IK model better (Naburu, Light and Dark, Majora style etc) but this is all i could find.

Outrider
Jun 16, 2004, 02:13 AM
Kupi... I REALLY like the ideas for Fusion Samus/Standard Samus. I think those would be awesome.

And Bradicus... let's go bug Nintendo for a Zelda MMORPG, cause I'm definitely up for that.

Sayara
Jun 16, 2004, 03:05 PM
If ya want my take on the matter...

Character Ordeals-
Clones need their own moves or Altered Much More than they are now. They did a fine job with that with Luigi and Mario, Since 80% of their moves are alike. Yet Luigi has his own style to it. (Uppercut vs Cat Punch)

ADD NO MORE CLONES FoR THAT MATTER. If they decide to make a Daisy Character clone of Peach (Psst its a costume choice for Peach) I'll cry. <<;

Its becoming really hard to pick out characters new for the game since most characters have very little flow with them. Ice Climbers and GnW were exceptional for they have unique weapons (Hammers) or has a very comical style (GW). Probably ONE i could think of would be MetaKnight, but theres enough sword flingers already...

Stages-

The ones in Melee were fine, Except for Battlefield (Wireframe Duel Spot) since its Just the Kirby Secret Stage with Hightechness

A Stage for Bowser would be nice. Even if its simple as a Floating Tilting Platform over Fire...

1P Mode-
Adventure Mode Either needs to be Fixed or Removed. It was Perfect for Mario's Stage and Falcons Stage, and Ice Climbers Stage but stunk everywhere else. Though finishing with Bowser with the Mario Stage would of been perfect...

Items- We need no more and need No Less. Whats there is good, unless its really extrodinary.

VS and Melee in Action-
I'll kill someone if the Chanting for Characters are bad like last time (Kept Game in JP due to the lame-ness of the English Chants) And about Chants, Cheer for the CPU as well like the old days.

CPUs Also need to get smarter. They werent as bad as they were in the 64 version.. (Remembers the CPU dodge roll around an item for 30 second straight) But they could be alittle smarter.

Extra Misccy Stuff-
Sound Test = Good
Trophys = Good for History Purposes.
KEEP the Jp/English Setting its Godly.

And thats it!

Outrider
Jun 16, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-06-16 13:05, Tingle wrote:
VS and Melee in Action-
I'll kill someone if the Chanting for Characters are bad like last time (Kept Game in JP due to the lame-ness of the English Chants)

You're uh... you're kidding about that, right?

I dunno, I personally think the Adventure mode was great. I'd like them to keep it, but of course make new levels. Maybe it's just that the Adventure mode plus the Trophies were a real treat for old-school Nintendo fans like myself.

ShadowNINJA007
Jun 16, 2004, 03:51 PM
But, there is one thing that does bug me about this game and I think could be addressed in the follow-up to this game. The selectable characters leave something to be desired. I feel like HAL became lazy as far as creating new fighters. Instead of reaching back a bit to the SNES or NES days to revive original characters from older franchises - they just keep on adding more and more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon franchise characters. Were Mewtwo, Young Link, Pichu, or Peach all that necessary? I don't think so.

Most likely (although I'm hoping not) to happen in the next installment is that a couple more Pokemon will be added, another Mario character like Wario will show, or maybe a DK franchise character will pop up like Diddy Kong. I don't have anything against any of these characters - I just want some more variety. So, I'm gonna offer up some suggestions for NINTENDO franchise characters that have fallen by the wayside that I think would make cool fighters.

Mike Jones - Yo-Yo wieling, alien emperor battling, time traveling adventurer from the the StarTropics NES games in the early 90's. Kinda similar to Ness in that he was known to use a yo-yo and baseball bat, but different enough to warrant a try.

Thomas - Super courageous fighter battling his way through 5 floors of madness in Kung Fu, one of the original black box releases for the NES at the time of its inception. Could offer awesome potential for a stage mirroring the five floor design of Kung Fu with its snakes, dragons, knife wielding baddies and other various obstacles. Anyways, whats cooler than a kung-fu expert?

Pit - Pretty much everyone wanted Pit in this game, but I'll settle for him in the next. For the uneducated out there - he's the hero in the really great game Kid Icarus. If you haven't played it and have an NES, I suggest picking it up. I think he would be perfect for Smash Bros and he looks cool. Imagine a wing footed, bow and arrow slinging lil' dude with a toga. That's pretty badass if you ask me.

King Dedede - I know this would be an expansion on the Kirby franchise in Smash Bros, but he's too good a char to exclude. He has shown up in various Kirby games over the years either as a boss or ally. Its about time he threw his hat into the Smash arena. It would be insanely fun to play with him - a giant penguin sporting colorful robe and crown crushing everything in his path with his hammer!

I think that pulling a bunch of random people from old games that weren't that great and nobody ever heard of, is just as bad as putting in more pokemon.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 16, 2004, 04:13 PM
On 2004-06-16 13:51, ShadowNINJA007 wrote:

I think that pulling a bunch of random people from old games that weren't that great and nobody ever heard of, is just as bad as putting in more pokemon.

But... Super Putty was the greatest hero in my humble opinion...

Ok, maybe not. But yeah, I would think that they'd probably add 1 or 2 spoof characters. Mr.Game & Watch was supposed to be a spoof character, but not all spoof characters are bad.

Though truthfully, I think that if they were to add someone in from Golden Sun that they should use one of the mages. They need more different fighting styles, if they were to have Isaac or that other guy than it would essentially be another sword fighter.

I also hope that they will keep with the keep the old - add more characters theme. Maybe they'll even change their styles completely... Though I doubt that.

They'd better add Jeff though, and if they do he'd better not suck =/ *sigh*

Mixfortune
Jun 16, 2004, 04:16 PM
On 2004-06-16 13:51, ShadowNINJA007 wrote:

Perhaps, but just because you've never heard of them doesn't necessarily mean no one has heard of them. Considering they are sticking to Nintendo exclusive characters, and that having only characters that were created in the past 4 years would be lame, there are bound to be characters from the older games that may be a bit more obscure.

TheOneHero
Jun 16, 2004, 04:35 PM
On 2004-06-16 00:13, Outrider wrote:
Kupi... I REALLY like the ideas for Fusion Samus/Standard Samus. I think those would be awesome.

And Bradicus... let's go bug Nintendo for a Zelda MMORPG, cause I'm definitely up for that.

im all for it too, i stil say Golden Sun characters should be added...picking ppl up with the move psynergy. burning them with fire, or with the mind read for Wind Adepts you could copy and enemies move? kinda like kirby? who knows...the possilbities for GS chars attacks are unlimited http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RavenTW
Jun 16, 2004, 04:38 PM
Meta-Knight.

There's half a dozen other good characters you could pick from those trophies. Ridley would be fun, though difficult to pull off, or maybe even a Space Pirate.

Personally though, I wanna see an SSB-style Megaman fighting game, with all the MM1-8 Robot masters playable, and maybe even X and Zero and a few other non-old skool MM characters. THAT would be a great game.

Kupi
Jun 16, 2004, 08:43 PM
Though it doesn't quite go to the extent you describe, I believe there was an arcade game called... Rockman: The Power Fighters? Something like that... that was a fighting game with Mega Man characters and bosses. I think they stashed it on the Mega Man Aniversary Collection which is soon to be released...

TheOneHero
Jun 16, 2004, 09:40 PM
Erie Voice : Golden Sun characters would be awesome for the next ssbm.

TheOneHero: Guys....guys....GUYS?! I hear something...

Erie Voice: GS chars would be cool!

TheOneHero: Hello?

Erie Voice: golden sun *fading* golden sun * almost gone* gold...en...su...n.

*Erie Voice leaves*

TheOneHero: Ya, that Erie Voice is...annoying... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif but he does leave a good point for everyone to consider http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Jun 17, 2004, 04:58 AM
Add in Isaac, Ivan, and an option to make tapping up on the stick not jump, and I'll be happy.

TheOneHero
Jun 17, 2004, 08:44 AM
On 2004-06-17 02:58, Kent wrote:
Add in Isaac, Ivan

Id rather have Alex than Ivan, but Ivan would be pretty cool with his wind powers.

PJ
Jun 17, 2004, 10:44 AM
On 2004-06-15 19:05, Kupi wrote:
People would probably want to lynch me, but... Raichu. C'mon! It would've been better than Pichu in the first place, and they *can't* go without giving us the evolutionary superior.

OMC.

You're a freakin' genius. o_o

No, no sarcasm. I LOVE Raichu! ^-^

...Don't comment, please >.>;;;

On 2004-06-17 02:58, Kent wrote:
Add in Isaac, Ivan, and an option to make tapping up on the stick not jump, and I'll be happy.

Amen to that. I've always said Isaac should be a character, and Ivan is a better idea.

And the control stick thing... on the original SSB, I used the Up C to jump, on melee I use the Y button to jump... I don't know how people get used to using the Joy stick to jump XD

My brother wanted to know how I could jump so well using a controlller that wasn't... *ahem* so great... then he's like, "Oh... you use the Y/X button, don't you? -_-"

Aunt_Betty
Jun 17, 2004, 01:25 PM
DON'T DEBDECUT new cahacters. Add new ones!

RavenTW
Jun 17, 2004, 01:39 PM
On 2004-06-16 18:43, Kupi wrote:
Though it doesn't quite go to the extent you describe, I believe there was an arcade game called... Rockman: The Power Fighters? Something like that... that was a fighting game with Mega Man characters and bosses. I think they stashed it on the Mega Man Aniversary Collection which is soon to be released...

Power Battles was taking the annoying crap out of Megaman (the boss stages to get to the boss) and adding what everyone wanted: Protoman and Bass.

But yeah, you can't play as any of the Robot Masters. It's just Megaman 1-8 with character selection and no stages. I want Marvel vs. Capcom 2-like character selection.

btw, Power Battles and Power Fighters is gonna be on the Anniversary game.

Outrider
Jun 17, 2004, 04:08 PM
I too jumped with the C-buttons and now jump with the X-button.

Ahya
Jun 17, 2004, 04:47 PM
They should put in Sonic since he might soon join the Nintendo ranks of characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But me, I'd prefer Knux than Sonic. thats would be cool and add Lyn from Fire Emblem, she is awesome .. and maybe plays as a Goomba http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif that would be very nice.

Outrider
Jun 17, 2004, 06:23 PM
On 2004-06-17 14:47, Ahya wrote:
They should put in Sonic since he might soon join the Nintendo ranks of characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No, don't even say that. Before we know it, that rumor will be circulating the 'net again.

It'll eventually devolve into "OMG MICRO$OFT IS GOING 2 BUY SEGA AND NINTENDO N HAVE SUPER HALO BROS. THE HEDGEHOG!!!1" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Threw in some extra typos for effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-06-17 16:25 ]</font>

Bradicus
Jun 17, 2004, 06:33 PM
On 2004-06-17 14:08, Outrider wrote:

Aye. The only time my friends can beat me is in single button mode. I just end up falling limply to my doom >_<

One of my pals used to hold the N64 controller from both sides and hit the control stick with his left index finger O_o
And he was good!

FIDELCASTRO
Jun 17, 2004, 06:33 PM
change ganondorf to ganon.

Ahya
Jun 17, 2004, 06:37 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:23, Outrider wrote:

They should put in Sonic since he might soon join the Nintendo ranks of characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No, don't even say that. Before we know it, that rumor will be circulating the 'net again.

It'll eventually devolve into "OMG MICRO$OFT IS GOING 2 BUY SEGA AND NINTENDO N HAVE SUPER HALO BROS. THE HEDGEHOG!!!1" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-06-17 16:25 ]</font>

Scary.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 17, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:33, Bradicus wrote:

On 2004-06-17 14:08, Outrider wrote:

Aye. The only time my friends can beat me is in single button mode. I just end up falling limply to my doom >_<

One of my pals used to hold the N64 controller from both sides and hit the control stick with his left index finger O_o
And he was good!

I always have and always will jump using the main analog control stick.

Not a Nintendo exclusive character, but Pumpkinheads would be quite the cheap Smash Brothers character, I must say -_-

Jason
Jun 17, 2004, 06:54 PM
The thing I'm disappointed with in SSBM is that there is no stage of Hyrule Castle, one of my favorite stages from the N64 version. I can't stand the Super Happy Tree stage of Yoshi's Story of the N64 version that is in SSBM, why oh why not Hyrule Castle instead!? Those tornadoes on that stage would be great fun in SSBM...

Another thing is some new characters. I only like Roy, Mewtwo, and Mr. Game & Watch for the fun of it. Luigi was a secret character in the N64 version, and again this time!? And the same goes for Jigglypuff. I don't really like Pichu, Pikachu is good enough for me. Instead of Young Link, I would prefer Dark Link (the one from Water Temple in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time). That Dark Link should be able to wall jump like Young Link, so why not? That Dark Link from Ocarina of Time can stand on Link's blade when jump on it so he isn't all that too heavy. What I would like Young Link to have is a Hero's Shield from Majora's Mask instead of a Deku Shield, and a Gilded Sword instead of an incorrect Kokiri Sword's blade measurement. And I don't mind Ganondorf.

Bradicus
Jun 17, 2004, 07:06 PM
Not a Nintendo exclusive character, but Pumpkinheads would be quite the cheap Smash Brothers character, I must say -_-

I love you

Ahya
Jun 17, 2004, 07:07 PM
When does Young Link get to use a bow and arrow...and the hookshot.. it dont make sense to me.. And Marth , in my opinion is better than Roy.
Speed is power, and Flaco is gay! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jason
Jun 17, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-06-17 17:07, Ahya wrote:
When does Young Link get to use a bow and arrow...and the hookshot.. it dont make sense to me..

Young Link in Ocarina of Time couldn't use a bow and arrow, and the hookshot, because he got these items when he was an adult from 7 years later. The stuff he got as an adult can't be brought back with him by going back in time. Hmm, the bottles you filled from adult time can be brought back in time though...

Have you played Majora's Mask? Young Link there can use a bow and arrow, and a hookshot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheOneHero
Jun 17, 2004, 08:18 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:23, Outrider wrote:

OMG SUPER HALO BROS. THE HEDGHOG!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif WHEN IS IT COMIN OUT! I CANT WAIT! I WONDER IF THEY ARE GONN HAVE LIKE SONIC CHARS AND MAYBE PSO CHARS AND CHARACTERS FROM THE FF SERIES! oooo and maybe some pl that dont belong to sega or nintendo or microsoft ..maybe sony will pitch in too!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Outrider keep me posted on SUPER HALO BROS. THE HEDGEHOG! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ahya
Jun 17, 2004, 09:03 PM
On 2004-06-17 17:14, Jason wrote:

On 2004-06-17 17:07, Ahya wrote:
When does Young Link get to use a bow and arrow...and the hookshot.. it dont make sense to me..

Young Link in Ocarina of Time couldn't use a bow and arrow, and the hookshot, because he got these items when he was an adult from 7 years later. The stuff he got as an adult can't be brought back with him by going back in time. Hmm, the bottles you filled from adult time can be brought back in time though...

Have you played Majora's Mask? Young Link there can use a bow and arrow, and a hookshot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Oh.. never played it..just didnt like the idea of a scary moon hitting the planet!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Bradicus
Jun 17, 2004, 09:06 PM
I was impressed with the feeling of impending doom that Majora's Mask managed to portray in the last few moments of the last day.

I was actually kind of freaked out >_>

LostHero
Jun 17, 2004, 09:35 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:54, Jason wrote:
The thing I'm disappointed with in SSBM is that there is no stage of Hyrule Castle, one of my favorite stages from the N64 version.

??Hyrule Castle is a stage. It is one of the few stages I play exclusivley.

Outrider
Jun 17, 2004, 09:57 PM
On 2004-06-17 19:06, Bradicus wrote:
I was impressed with the feeling of impending doom that Majora's Mask managed to portray in the last few moments of the last day.

I was actually kind of freaked out >_>

Ya gotta love the music and feel to those last few hours.

Bradicus
Jun 18, 2004, 06:49 AM
On 2004-06-17 19:35, LostHero wrote:

The thing I'm disappointed with in SSBM is that there is no stage of Hyrule Castle, one of my favorite stages from the N64 version.

I think you mean Hyrule Temple.

Genoa
Jun 18, 2004, 11:23 AM
They should throw in Geno from Super Mario RPG (or Mallow). Yeah, that'd me awesome...

I don't think they should take out any of the characters. And JigglyPuff pwns you all!!!11!!

TheOneHero
Jun 18, 2004, 02:14 PM
On 2004-06-18 09:23, MegamanX wrote:
And JigglyPuff pwns you all!!!11!!

I love to play as jigglypuff ppl think that little marshmellow is a lamo, but put in the right hands *and given the ninja costume* jigglypuff ownz especailly with that one hit kill, jigglypuff is my second best character, my best *I am alwasy undefeatable with this character* would have to be Roy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jason
Jun 18, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-06-18 04:49, Bradicus wrote:

On 2004-06-17 19:35, LostHero wrote:

I think you mean Hyrule Temple.

Bradicus is right. LostHero, I mean the classic Hyrule Castle stage from the N64 version. You do know that there are some unlockable stages in SSBM that are the classic stages from N64 version, right?

Yes, Outrider, gotta love the music. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Firocket1690
Jun 18, 2004, 03:34 PM
Let's see...

Proportionally, ridley would be bigger than the master hand =/
(except for the SNES, ridley was always bigger than samus and about half the damn screen)

Megaman is owned by capcom.

oh, and that guy who said to use king dedede, kirby already stole his hammer in ssbm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

let's see ... roy > all
Nuff said about that.

I'm all for less pokemon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

bomberman is too simplistic, he's only got bombs, not much more. -.- (oh, and owned by hudson)

oh, and one more thing, considering I'm just making a very vague random guess, but the next 'ssb' will probably be on nintendo's new console, promised in 2005. By then, I assume the media will be able to hold all this crap and more. No need to get rid of junk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 18, 2004, 03:40 PM
I don't think we need to worry too much about proportions, given that proportionally everything would be bigger than the Master Hand (since it's the size of... a hand)

But, I see what you mean. Perhaps it could be like some sort of "Onslaught" chracter... heheh...

"Ivory Deathwish!"

TheOneHero
Jun 18, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-06-18 13:34, Firocket1690 wrote:
I'm just making a very vague random guess, but the next 'ssb' will probably be on nintendo's new console, promised in 2005.

speaking of the new nintendso console, does anyone here know if you will be able to play gamecube games on it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif kinda like playing playstation games on PS2?

Outrider
Jun 18, 2004, 04:43 PM
On 2004-06-18 13:47, TheOneHero wrote:
speaking of the new nintendso console, does anyone here know if you will be able to play gamecube games on it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif kinda like playing playstation games on PS2?

That's what Iwata said a while back, but who knows if that'll stay true.

And actually Firo, don't you mean on all systems but the NES, Ridley is huge? I seem to remember him being pretty large on the SNES, but not too big on the NES.

Jason
Jun 18, 2004, 04:57 PM
Let's not get too fussy on size of characters in SSBM (including ones from the intro). According to a trophy of Kirby, the information of him says he is only about 8 inches tall. In battle, compare to Kirby's size to other characters. You'll notice that Kirby should be smaller than what he is in battle. But it doesn't bother me, the characters there in battle aren't the real them. In the end of Single Player, you'll notice the character you battled with is actually a trophy, and also from the end of the intro as well. In the original N64 version, they are toys. This game is nothing to be serious about with the characters, it is only a fun fighting game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-18 14:59 ]</font>

Outrider
Jun 18, 2004, 06:10 PM
That's true. They could maybe put Ridley in as some kind of Bowser-size character?

LostHero
Jun 18, 2004, 06:54 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but destructable stages would be awesome too. Oh yeah, that and Gorons.

Kent
Jun 18, 2004, 07:13 PM
...They could always add in Samus from Metroid Fusion and replace the current Samus with the SA-X...

And while they're at it, add a couple more racers from F-ZERO...

Jason
Jun 18, 2004, 07:25 PM
On 2004-06-18 16:10, Outrider wrote:
That's true. They could maybe put Ridley in as some kind of Bowser-size character?

Yes. That won't hurt then. Or for fussy players, Ridley can take Giga Bowser's place which means Ridley won't be playable that way.

Hmm. Instead of Young Link, I would prefer Fierce Deity. With him being in the game and playable, we would learn more of him from the trophy of him. All we really know of him is that there's a transformation mask of him from Majora's Mask. We don't know whether it is a spirit of the real him contains in the mask like Darmani the Third in the Goron Mask.

TheOneHero
Jun 18, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-06-18 17:13, Kent wrote:
...They could always add in Samus from Metroid Fusion and replace the current Samus with the SA-X...

I would prefer the Phazon Suit Samus from Metroid prime one like at the end where metroid prime takes it and goes into it, *HINT* *Big deal with metroid prime 2* i think that would be cooler than the SA-X, though that would still be awesome either one...

Assassin_Tom
Jun 18, 2004, 11:51 PM
more fire emblem dudes!!!!!!
pent,erk, canas would be cool, except i could already imagine him turning out to be another mewtwo

AquaFlare7
Jun 19, 2004, 12:22 PM
On 2004-06-16 18:43, Kupi wrote:

I have all of the rockman arcade games ^_^. They are great on multiplayer and I love using proto man. There is actually an English arcade one that was made, though I have never seen it in person.

Gnarled_rose
Jun 20, 2004, 10:37 AM
I think most of these could be corrected by making more characters transform like Zelda. Don't remember which ones. (Three and a half pages is too long to remember)
And I was also disappointed that Hyrule Castle wasn't an unlockable stage. Can you imagine the next SSBM with that in?
"Hey, so far, so good. Let's play on Hyrule Castle!"
"Hey, it's back!*Tornado starts* Crap, those are back too!"

Jason
Jun 20, 2004, 11:16 AM
On 2004-06-20 08:37, Gnarled_rose wrote:
I think most of these could be corrected by making more characters transform like Zelda. Don't remember which ones. (Three and a half pages is too long to remember)
And I was also disappointed that Hyrule Castle wasn't an unlockable stage. Can you imagine the next SSBM with that in?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Agreeing with me on the Hyrule Castle, huh? Now that I think about it, about more characters using a transform ability like Zelda's, won't it be great for Young Link? One of Young Link's moves would be putting on Fierce Deity's mask, transforming into Fierce Deity. Young Link may be swifter than adult Link, and can walljump but adult Link cannot, but his hookshot is shorter and his sword wielding is weaker. Transforming into Fierce Deity would be great for Young Link then. I know there are players who prefer Young Link over the adult one and he have his own good benefits, but I prefer the adult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-20 09:18 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jun 20, 2004, 01:58 PM
On 2004-06-20 09:16, Jason wrote:

On 2004-06-20 08:37, Gnarled_rose wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Agreeing with me on the Hyrule Castle, huh? Now that I think about it, about more characters using a transform ability like Zelda's, won't it be great for Young Link? One of Young Link's moves would be putting on Fierce Deity's mask, transforming into Fierce Deity. Young Link may be swifter than adult Link, and can walljump but adult Link cannot, but his hookshot is shorter and his sword wielding is weaker. Transforming into Fierce Deity would be great for Young Link then. I know there are players who prefer Young Link over the adult one and he have his own good benefits, but I prefer the adult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-20 09:18 ]</font>

I like young link better than old link for many reasons, tho my number reason would have to be his spin blade attack grabs and holds enemies so you can rack up nice damage quicker

*tho everyone sys its cheap*

and it can be if used in that way, infact almost EVERY move in the game can be cheap if you use it in cheap ways, so i think every that bashes sword chars should stop...ya...this doesn't make no sense at all.

*note* typos added, for no sense making time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Outrider
Jun 20, 2004, 06:36 PM
Well, my general rule of thumb when explaining the difference between the Links is that Link is stronger and slower, while Young Link is weaker but much quicker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-06-20 16:36 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jun 20, 2004, 06:37 PM
all righty then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jason
Jun 21, 2004, 10:15 AM
I wasn't booing Young Link. He did have these advantages that adult doesn't: inflicts weaker damage but his faster speed make up to that; more control over the boomerang according to one of the trophies of him; he can wall-jump; his arrows are fire arrows; and so on. But I would like to have Fierce Deity in it, too.

Ah well. If there will ever be another Super Smash Bros., I bet there will be Mushroom Kingdom III. Mushroom Kingdom I is a secret stage for original SSB, Mushroom Kingdom II is a secret stage for SSBM, so Mushroom Kingdom III will be a secret stage for the next I assume. It just would be cool to have that stage. At first I was kind of disappointed that the pipes cannot be used in Mushroom Kingdom I of SSBM but you can in SSB. But I got over that.

Sayara
Jun 21, 2004, 12:51 PM
Hmm... Werent BOTH Mush I and II hidden in SSBM?

ee; And if they do have another Mario Stage it needs more flavor... or Bowser-ish-ness

Outrider
Jun 21, 2004, 02:29 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I LOVE Rainbow Cruise.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 21, 2004, 06:55 PM
Rainbow Cruise is a fun level, that might be my favorite moving one. That or one of the Falcon stages.

Bradicus
Jun 21, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-06-21 12:29, Outrider wrote:
I dunno about you guys, but I LOVE Rainbow Cruise.

The only problem is: Captain Falcon is duty-bound to go down with the ship.

Gnarled_rose
Jun 21, 2004, 08:35 PM
AWESOME! Besides, we all know Capt'n Falcon actually copied Ganondorf, then tied him to a chair so he couldn't be SSB.
(Anyone got a picture of Ganondorf gagged and tied?)

Extreme2
Jun 21, 2004, 10:20 PM
I would like some different camera angle animation. Let me elaborate. Since the game knows what is going to happen before the attacks actually clash etc. Make so u actually c a little cinema throught to eyes of the players involved of the clash.

another thing I would like is I sort of last strike that characters can only access at very high percents like 200% or something like that.

Those would be cool!

Orange_Coconut
Jun 22, 2004, 12:24 AM
Speaking about Camera Angles, I wish you could take pictures in the regular mode anyways. But still have a camera mode for different angled shots.

Firocket1690
Jun 22, 2004, 02:14 AM
On 2004-06-21 20:20, Extreme2 wrote:
I would like some different camera angle animation. Let me elaborate. Since the game knows what is going to happen before the attacks actually clash etc. Make so u actually c a little cinema throught to eyes of the players involved of the clash.

another thing I would like is I sort of last strike that characters can only access at very high percents like 200% or something like that.

Those would be cool!

Basically, pause for a second, cinema a two second attack, then continue ?
.. what about the other two guys not involved ?
(attacker, attackee, x, y)

.. and what do you mean by cinematic scenes ?
What attacks to cinema ?
... even if only special (B) attacks, some kdis tend to overuse those a lot >.>;

Gnarled_rose
Jun 22, 2004, 08:02 AM
Last strike? So, when you get past maybe 180%-200%, your attacks are stronger? (I know what you meant originally, but this way would probably be easier to program.)

Bradicus
Jun 22, 2004, 08:54 AM
On 2004-06-22 06:02, Gnarled_rose wrote:
when you get past maybe 180%-200%, your attacks are stronger?

Yeah... that would be new >_>

-if you were being sarcastic, forgive me-