PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Unlikely heroes.

Slicer238
Jun 15, 2004, 04:30 AM
It's been awhile since I did a fanfic, so I thought I'd try to write one since summer began and I have some spare time. I know one of the characters is using my name but hey when I scanned through my two memory cards for characters I seen him and the other 5 out of the eight. ^.^;

Chapter 1

"Hey Rahn, wake up man it's time to go to the guild for our first quest." said a spikey blonde haired FOmar shaking a sleeping, short flat brown haired HUmar. A couple grumbles escaped the sleeping hunter's mouth as his eyes slowly opened accompanied by a yawn. "Come on damnit!" *fwapt* said the spikey haired FOmar as he lightly punched Rahn upside the head. Rahn shoot up holding his head and looked evilly at the Force. "You went and done it Easton. Come here I'm gonna....." a beep interupted Rahn as they both looked towards Easton's wrist communicator. "Whats this?" mumbled Easton looking at the words coming up on the little screen. Rahn stood up and walked to the other side of the room where he began to put on his hunter armor. "What? Is it about that quest we signed up for? asked Rahn as he struggled putting on his chest armor. "Uh huh....seems they are putting another guy into our group because the employer thinks we are too new at this." said Easton with a sigh. Rahn shook his head as he placed his photon saber hilt onto his side. "Well it's better then not being hired." he said as they began to leave their small apartment.
They walked onto the busy streets of the space based city Pioneer 2. The artificial environment generators were great achievements. The entire city looked as it was still on the home planet. Easton placed his hands behind his head as they walked down the streets. "Hey do you think we could stop by Silvia's place?" asked Easton smiling sheepishly towards Rahn. A laugh and a grin came from Rahn. "Sure, if you don't bug me EVERYTIME I'm with you to go there with you." Easton laughed nervously as they took the detour from the guild office. Silvia, Cora, and Megan, whom lived in their own apartment not very far away from Rahn and Easton, were not home at the time. As Rahn and Easton walked to the door a small slip of paper was found under the door. Easton picked it up and read it over quickly. A sigh escaped him as he turned to Rahn. "Looks like they went off on their own quest in the forests of Ragol." said Easton as he leapt off the steps. "Well if we HURRY IT UP we might be able to meet with them because we have a quest in the forest as well." said Rahn beginning to walk towards the guild office again.
Silvia,who stood about 5' 6" with lengthy blonde haired RAmarl wearing a camo fatigue outfit approached the guild office's counter to discuss her groups mission with employer. Meanwhile a 5 foot blonde and black haired fonewearl and a 5' 9" orange haired hunewearl sat on a bench waiting for the specifics of the mission. "Hey Megan, look at that guy over there." said Cora as she pointed to a RAmar wearing a large cloak-esque coat and has half spiked and half long brown hair. He stood in a shadowed corner and looked rather impatient. Megan raised a brow and looked back to Cora "What about him?" she asked with a tilted head. "Go on, he's your type.....hahaha." said Cora as she began to cover up a laugh. Megan punched her in the arm and sat back in her seat. "I don't think so, anyways he is probably better then that airhead, Easton, that Silvia likes and at least I don't like Rahn." Cora's eyes shoot open. The ranger looked over to the two appearing as if he heard the entire conversation and then turned his head back to the door. Both Cora and Megan looked at each other and shivered abit. "He just gave me the willies." said Cora placing a hand on her shoulder and began to rub it.
Just as she finished talking Easton and Rahn walked in. Rahn nodded to Cora and Megan and then walked to the counter. Easton walked over to them and decided to talk with them as he waited for Silvia. "Hey gals whats up?" he said smiling as he looked at Cora holding her shoulder. "Whats up with you?" he asked looking towards Megan for an answer. "She got the creeps from that evil looking ranger over there." she said glancing to the man leaning against the wall. Easton shivered and looked back to them "He is just trying to be gothic or whatever. I'm sure he's a nice guy." The ranger looked towards Rahn and Silvia as they walked back to the group. "Alright Cora, Megan let's go, we're on the clock." said Silvia as she glanced with a smile towards Easton. Rahn placed a hand on Easton's chest as he began walking towards Silvia "Hold on their stud we have our own job to do." Easton looked at him "Where is the the other guy then?" Rahn waved over the ranger who was leaning on the wall. Megan and the others looked in abit of shock seeing as he was going to accompany them to the forests of Ragol.
He walked up slightly beside Rahn and scanned the entire group of five. "Easton, this is.....Slicer." The ranger nodded slightly "Hello." escaped him in a cold low voice. Silvia shook her slightly "Man this guy looks like he would be an assassin or part of Black Paper." The group walked silently towards the transporters and set the co-ordinates to the forests. A flash of light came from the transporter and they appeared in the forests of Ragol.
"It's pretty nice down here." said Cora as Siliva and Megan began heading towards the direction their quest board radars pointed them. Easton, Rahn, and Slicer began walking the opposite direction due to theirs. Before completely leaving each site Easton turned around and looked towards SIlvia. "Hey Sil, how about tonight we meet at Petey's for some food and drinks?" She looked back with a smile "Sure, how about 600 beats?" Megan shook her head and muttered airheads. Thus they broke and went onto their missions. Rahn and Easton unaware of who and what they have in their midst.

Slicer238
Jun 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
Chapter 2

Easton looked around the landscape of the forest, a peace of mind came to him as he heard no sounds besides Rahn and Slicer walking through the grass. He took a deep breath and stretched his arms. "It feels good to be on a real planet and not on the ship." he said as cracked his neck looking towards the two. Rahn turned around and looked at him "Yeah, but right now Pioneer 2 can't land until people like us find out what happened. Now let's go." Just as he turned around Rahn seen Slicer looking around with a Varista pointed to his right.
Rahn slowly walked up to him placing a hand on his own saber hilt looking around. "Whats up, you hear something?" Easton was completely oblivious to the events about to unfold and looked at the two. "He's just paranoid." said Easton sarcastically trying lighten the mood. Easton looked towards Slicer with a grin and noticed his opened hand had an erect middle finger on it. He began to walk closer to the two "Haha, back at ya bud..." a loud growl was heard and a Savage wolf leapt from out of the cluddered brush and trees next to Rahn and Slicer. A rather silent and dim lit photon round came out from Slicer's Varista as the wolf leapt towards them followed by a few Boomas and other wolves coming from behind the trees. Easton watched in shock as the first wolf that leapt took the round into it's shoulder and continued it's jump towards Slicer trying to pounce ontop of him. To his surprise Slicer leaned to the side catching a claw to the flaps of his coat. Rahn withdrew his saber hilt and turned it on. The photon blade forming with a humming sound.
Easton withdrew his cane and looked towards at the slowly approaching boomas. He rose his cane up as he held an open palm towards the closest booma towards him. A small, red light beginning to form around the palm area of his hand. In a split second the small, red light formed into a dodgeball sized orb of fire and with a thrust from Easton was launched towards the Booma. The Foie technique hit the Booma right in the chest splashing the flames up to it's face. A howl of pain came from it as it fell to the ground, it's fur turning pitch black. Rahn forced his saber into the chest of another Booma and forced his way upwards cutting through it's shoulder. As it fell back it's claw flailed upwards slashing against his armor creating a few sparks. Rahn winced as he backed away from the falling Booma covering his eyes. Slicer turned towards the wounded Savage wolf and aimed his Varista letting loose a barrage of five silenced, dim lit photon rounds causing it to fall to the ground with a thud.
Easton raised an eyebrow noticing Slicer's altered weapon. "Thats odd." he thought to himself without releasing a few more boomas got closer to him. He created another Foie in a panic and missed a closing in Booma. As he watched it raise it's claw he put up his cane in defense blocking the slash. A cracking sound came from his cane as Easton looked upwards at the standstill. The Booma growled putting some more pressure on his cane causing another cracking sound. Within an instance a photon projectile flew through the Booma's upper portions causing small amounts of blood to be thrown onto Easton. The Booma fell to the ground and Easton looked up to see Slicer holding a hybrid saber,slicer weapon. Without saying a word Slicer turned around flinging another photon projectile towards two other Boomas, cutting one through the arm and the other through the chest. Easton watched as he aimed his Varista effortlessly and shot a charging Savage wolf in the head putting it down instantly.
Rahn cut into the last Booma and then turned to Easton and Slicer. "I didn't expect it to be this hard when I first signed up to be a hunter." he said with a nervous laughing looking at the dead corpses and back to his comrades. He noticed Easton was breathing alot heavier then himself and Slicer didn't even seem to break a sweat. "Easton you okay there, you let them get alittle to close to you." said Rahn walking over to him extending his hand to help him up. "I take it you're used to things like this eh Slice?" said Rahn trying to strike a conversation with him as he helped Easton to his feet. Slicer looked at him with a perked brow at the name he was just called. He looked at the two "Yes, I guess you could say this is my field of work." he said in a cold tone looking towards the dead body and then noticed he was slightly scratched across his cheek.
Rahn looked at his quest board and then to Easton "Well all we have to do is locate a hunter that came down here the other day. He was suppose to collect data on plant life but it seems he never returned, so we need to find him and then we can go home." Easton stood up and dusted his robe off. "Alright, how many and which direction?" A slight, alomst unheard chuckle came from Slicer as he looked at a tree stump looking to have been cut down by a scythe like weapon. "Whats so funny?" asked Rahn looking up slightly. "Nothing....just an inside joke." Slicer replied walking away from the stump.
The group walked along a semi beaten path until they came up to a few gates made by the people of Pioneer 1. The gate opened with ease and they walked into a flat ground area by a small spring and waterfall. An object shining the light sat in the middle of the area. "That must be one of the capsules." said Easton walking over to it and picked it up. "Only question is where is the body of the hunter?" said Rahn walking over to him. "Probably eaten by the wild animals." said Slicer walking slightly behind the too looking at prints in the ground and then a shattered saber hilt. Easton and Rahn shook their heads "Thats not a way to go." said Rahn as he was interupted by a gate suddenly opening on the other side of the area. Slicer withdrew his Varista and aimed at the figures that entered and started coming at them quickly.
Before Slicer could fire a shot Easton looked at the figures. "Hey....it's Silvia and the others." he said waving them over. They slowed down as they got closer, Megan and Silvia out of breath, although Cora seemed to be dealing with the running. "Whats the rush there, Sil?" asked Easton placing a hand on her shoulder. "We.....*huff*...were being...*huff*...chased." said Megan looking up at the three. As she finsihed about twenty Mothmants came flying towards the group. "I have this." said Slicer as he withdrew a pair of Mech guns from under his cloakish coat. A hail of bullets soon followed ripping most of the tiny insects in half or seering right through their wings. A few were left as he layed off the trigger to let the photon rechare for another burst, but before he could finish the rest off Cora withdrew her own slicer and flung a pair of photon projectiles towards them cleaving them in half.
After the little skirmish the group began walking back towards the transporter. "So did you guys complete you quest?" asked Easton looking to Silvia. "Yea, we had to find this Hunter named Ash. This really creepy android was sent with us. He used a scythe and he ju.." before she could finish Slicer turned towards the lagging behind group " He just faught and killedl ike it was natural, right?" Megan raised an eyebrow as Silvia answered "Yeah, how did you know?" Slicer grinned and turned back around "Lucky guess." he muttered as they arrived to the transporter. "We'll see you guys at Petey's right?" asked Cora as they appeared back onto Pioneer 2. 'Surely, hey Slice you want to get some food wiht us later at this little bar/diner place?" said Rahn. He raised a brow at the name and shrugged. "If nothing is going on I may show up." he said walking towards the counter, Silvia and Rahn shortly following.
"Why do I get the feeling he isn't just a hunter?" said Cora to Megan and Easton. "What ya mean, Cora?" asked Megan looking at him walking. "I don't know he just seems like he would be an assassin or something from the underworld." she replied. Easton looked at the two. "Mhmmm, his weapons are alot more silent and the rounds come out dimmer then they should. Maybe he got them from a place them makes speciality weapons." said Easton with a shrugg. "Anyways, see you guys at Petey's later." he said walking to Rahn to get his Meseta.

I know it's kind of long, but I hope it's a good read for those reading. I'm also open for feedback so feel free to thrash it if it sucks. ^.^;

Slicer238
Jun 27, 2004, 02:55 PM
Chapter 3

Easton and Rahn sat in their little apartment about an hour before going to Petey's to meet Silvia and the others. "Think I should try and dress alittle flashy or should I stay completely casual?" asked Easton looking at Rahn sitting in a chair looking at the ceiling. "What my honest answer? Honestly I don't give a damn what you wear as long as you don't make us late." said Rahn looking down towards Easton with a serious glare. "Alright, alright I'll go casual." he said leaving the room with a pair of jeans and a button up shirt. Within a few minutes the two left towards Petey's.

Silvia and Cora stood infront of a slightly large mirror in their own house putting on light make-up and fixing their hair from the day in the Ragol forest. "So, why exactly did you agree to this anyways?" asked Cora towards Silvia as she brushed his hair looking into the mirror. "Because we need it especially after that quest today." replied Silvia as she walked towards Megan. "Whats up with you?" she asked looking at Megan looking as if she zoned out. "Huh? Nothing just wondering why Rahn invited that creepy Slicer guy." Silvia looked up "I don't know, but maybe Easton was right about him. He did help out during the quest without hesitation." said Cora walking over to the two. "Alright we better get going or we'll be late." said Megan standing up looking at the clock.

In the more privledged civilian area of Pioneer 2 a rather big mansion sat surrounded by astro-turf and artifical trees. One light in the entire building was shining brightly through an home office window. A small newman male sat in his chair looking the cold eyes of a shadowed figure. Shivers running throughout his body as he slowly approached him. "I told you I don't know anything." he sad forcing himself back into his chair as the figure raised a hand up with a handgun of some sort in it. "I think you do and if you plan on living you'll tell." the person said in a cold voice wrapping the newman upside the head with the barrel of the gun. "Now tell me or else." said the figure glaring down on the little newman.

The newman look up to him "Why do you want to know about Black Paper's deals? Answer me that and I'll answer your question." The figure glanced at him with a slight chuckle. The newman's spine shivered hearing it as he began rubbing his cheek. "You're pretty ballsy for a man that's about to die." said the man lowering the barrel of the gun towards the newman's forehead. The newman looked up. "Alright in about a week a meeting will be held in the supposed caves under the Ragolian forest. One of the top members of Black Paper making the deal." said the newman in a nervous and squeeky voice as he remained looking at the barrel of the gun. "It'll happen regardless of the dragon that's been rumored living in the dome of Pioneer 1." he said squinting one eye afraid the man was about to shoot. The man grinned evilly and lowered his weapon. "Now was that so hard?" he said in a chilling voice and slightly turned around.

A sigh escaped the newman as the man walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. "Now all I have to do is warn them about that man and it should clear me." the newman said in a soft voice looking for his communicator. He shifted through his cluttered desk and noticed it wasn't on it, he looked to floor remembering when the man bursted in he threw some things off his desk. He leaned over looking through a pile of objects and found it. He sat back up in his chair and flipped it open. He punched in some numbers and an rather sinister voice answered. "Yes, can I help you?" said the person on the communicator. "Yes, the caves meeting has been compromised, some mercenary hunter just hit me up for information and it seems the Hunter's Guild also may have information on it but I'm not sure." said the little newman rubbing his cheek again. "Well thank you for the information, the plan well still be going but security will also tighten up. Oh, and before I go, your services will no longer be needed." The cominucator became silent and the newman looked at it with open eyes.

At Petey's the group sat at a table in the back laughing it up some waiting to order and listened to the variety of music being played. "So is he gonna show or not?" said Easton looking at Rahn. 'I don't know so get off my ass alright man." said Rahn shaking his head. Megan looked around at the crowed place, quite a few hunters dancing on the dance floor trying to relax from the hard day on Ragol. Rahn was talking to Cora and Silvia was talking to Easton, both conversations interupted by a loud "HEY RAHN!". Rahn looked up and quickly his head shot back down. Easton looked over to Rahn and then without looking who it was whispered to him "It's John isn't it?". "Yeah, just what we need, that arrorgant jackass to act like we're friends." said Rahn with a sigh. "Whose John?" asked Megan looking at the two curiously as did Silvia and Cora. "He's a jerk, just ignore and maybe he'll go away." said Easton watching as he arrived by the table and looked at the small group.

"Heya everyone, been awhile Rahn. Haven't seen ya since the academy days." said John smiling at Rahn and glancing over towards Megan. Rahn looked up slightly "Yeah, John we're kind of busy discussing some things here. Maybe if you come back in alittle bit after we're done....". "Oh, alright then, but before I go would you like to dance with me lilttle lady." said John looking at Megan with a smile. Megan reeled her head back rolled her eyes and then raised an eyebrow and was speechless on how to say no. Cora looked at her and shook her head "Sorry John, but she is waiting for her..........date to arrive." Megan and the rest of the group looked at her out of the corner of their eyes not to show surprise. "Oh, well alright then were is he?" said John getting the feeling he was being lied to. Cora smiled nervously and looked at the door seeing Slicer walk in. "Right there coming in." she said smiling and then sighing as John turned to look. Megan's eyes shot open looking at Cora and then shook her head.

Slicer completely oblivious to the entire conversation began walking towards the group. John turned back around to them "You're date is some short, goth guy?" he said with a chuckle. He looked back with a grin and waited for him to get to the table. Slicer looked at John with a raised eyebrow wondering why he was smiling. Slicer stopped and stood almost face to face with John except John stood at around 6' 2 " and Slicer stood at 5' 10". John looked down into his eyes "Hey shorty mind if I take your date for a dance?" he said with a chuckle. Slicer's eyebrow perked at the comment and he looked to his right and seen Megan shaking her head holding her hands. He rolled his eyes and looked back at John "What did you say?" John looked at him "I said hey shorty..." before he could say anymore Slicer six inch punched him right in the stomach taking him to his knees. "Now who is shorter here?" he asked with a smirk looking down at John and then walking around him; taking a seat at the table. John slowly got up and walked away holding his stomach.

Rahn smiled looking at Slicer "Glad you could make it and also get rid of an annoying person, Slice." Slicer looked at the group and shook his head "Next time give me a fair warning when I'm being used in a lie." he said smirking. Megan tapped him on the shoulder from her seat. "Thanks, that guy was a jerk." she said with a cheerful smile. He nodded and looked back as Rahn began talking "So you guys ready to order now since everyone is here?" As the time went on and they finished eating Easton looked at Slicer. "So man, what kept ya?" Slicer looked at him "Nothing, just stopped by the Hunter's Guild for quest information that I was requested for." Easton and Rahn looked at him quizically "What kind of mission?" asked Rahn. "Just going to the Central Dome to explore some things and check out some rumor." They looked at each other and then back to him "You wouldn't by chance need any help would you?" asked Easton smiling nervously. Slicer raised an eyebrow ".......Yeah, if you call it a favor and plan help me out when I ask you for one....they can come along as well. Also find just a few other people to come, you two may need help." he said with a smirk.

"Alright, we got some people in mind. When and where should we meet?" asked Rahn looking at him. "Tommorow meet around the main transporter and bring at least a sleeping bag. We'll be camping. Now I need to be on m yway, it was a nice night and all but I need to pick up a few more things." said Slicer getting up and shaking hands with Rahn. As he started walking away Megan walked back from the counter and bumped into him. "Leaving so soon? How about a dance before you go?"she said with a wink and a laugh. "I don't dance, but I'm sure that John guy or whoever would like to dance with you." he said grinning back getting an angry look from Megan. She gave him a hug noticing that John was looking at her "I'll take that as a rain check then and thanks again." she said looking up as he looked down at her with an almost confused look. "Sure." was his reply as he turned walked towards and out of the door with a wave. Megan noticed for a moment there his entire cold and sinister appearance was gone he looked to be a normal happy person.

Rahn and Easton explained what little they knew about the quest to Silvia and the others. "So do you want to go?" asked Easton to the three. "Sure, but the camping on the Ragol forest doesn't seem appealing with all those beasts running around." said Megan looking at Silvia and Cora. "I'm sure Slice has some sort of plan worked out so we're nto attacked while sleeping. He seems to be able to handle his own anyways so I'm pretty sure we'll be safe." said Rahn looking at them. The three talked it over and agreed to going along with the two on the quest. "Alright so I guess get alot of sleep tonight and meet by the transporter in the morning. I'd suggest bringing some extra monomates and fluids as well" said Rahn looking at Easton and Cora knowing about their fighting styles.

Slicer238
Jul 10, 2004, 09:07 PM
Chapter 4

Megan and Cora sat at their house talking as SIlvia was already asleep. "I just have a bad feeling about this." said Megan rolling up a sleeping bag. Cora shrugged placing a few monomates by her equipment for the next day. "He doesn't seem like a bad guy, I mean he did cover for you on the fly." said Cora as she went to her own bed. Megan stayed up alittle longer getting things ready for the quest still unable to shrug the bad feeling.

The next day Rahn and Easton stood outside the front of Silvia's and others house. "So how do you think this quest is going to go Rahn?" asked Easton as he created a flame on the tip of his finger. Rahn shrugged as he looked through his items. "Hopefully it'll go well and it's nothing to difficult." Easton nodded and blew the flame out as he heard the door open. "Hiya" said Silvia as she walked out with Cora and Megan. "Guys ready for the outdoor slumber party?" said Cora sarcastically as they started walking towards the transporter.

As the got into view of the transporter they noticed the absence of Slicer. Rahn looked around as the ygo to the transporter. "Where is he?" asked Silvia as looked towards the Hunter's Guild. Rahn scanned the ground and looked noticed a communication capsule there. He leaned over, began inspecting it, and pressed the activate button. Easton and the rest looked over as they heard Slicer's voice coming from the capsule. "If you're hearing this then you did come for the quest. I'm currently warming up for the mission in the Ragol forest. There is a Hunter's GUID card in the storage space of this capsule, place that into your personal radar's to locate me. See you then." The capsule cut off the the group looked at one another. "Well....let's go then." said Easton walking into the transporter and vanished.

In a wooded area of the Ragolian forest Slicer stood facing down two Boomas and a GoBooma. A grin creeped along his face as his weapon lit up the immediate area. One of the Boomas lunged at him meeting an almost instant thrust into the stomach. The weapon pierced through the Booma's entire body leaving the limp corspes leaning against Slicer's shoulder. The rest of the group appeared in the Ragolian forest looking around. "Where do you think he is?" asked Cora learning on Rahn's shoulder as he looked at his radar. Rahn looked to her nervously "Well the GUID he gave us shows him to be about 60 meters in the woods."

The group began moving foreward hearing a tree fall and seeing it in the distance. "I guess we found him." said Easton laughing placing his cane on his shoulder and began walking towards the sound. The radar showed two dots along with the tracking arrow of Slicer as they got closer. "Looks like he could wait to start a fight." said Silvia withdrawing his handgun and beinning to move forward. "Think he needs help?" asked Megan as she tapped Rahn on the shoulder. Rahn shook his head with a laugh "I really doubt he needs any help."

Silvia looked over a log and seen a Slicer and a Gobooma squaring off. Her hand began to slightly shake and she fired a round. The round sailed through the air skimming Slicer's hair. "What the hell!?" escaped him as his saber slashed the GoBooma's arm completely off. Silvia covered her mouth and then yelled "Sorry, just trying to help." He quickly spun around taking the Booma down in another swipe. "Well at least hit it not me." he yelled back as he put his hilt away. Silvia placed her gun at her side as the group began to walk alongside Slicer.

"So why did you come here early?" asked Easton as the found the path back onto some flat, open land. "I felt like warming up, only these creatures are too easy to kill." he said with a sort of air of arrorgance. Slicer looked over to Silvia "Nice shooting there too." he said with a slight chuckle. She shook her head and replied "Can you do better?" He laughed slightly harder "Much." With that he flung up his lengthy cloak revealing his pair of mech guns and a Varista. "Distance is my job, I just like using this weapon to save time." he said placing his cloack back down.

They walked through the forest for a few hours several times getting into fights with the creatures. The last fight was the most draining on them all. Rahn took a seat on a log as Easton just fell to the ground breathing heavily. The rest of the group soon began to take seats needing a break. Slicer remained standing watching as the Ragolian sun began to set. "Mine as well set up camp for the night." he muttered pulling out a sleeping bag. Cora walked over to him after everyone placed their bags down. "So what exactly are we going to the Central Dome for?" she asked as he watched the sun set. "Just going to check on a rumor." he said as the sun set completely. Cora eyed him up and then went back to her bag. "So who is going to be on first watch?" asked Megan loking around. Slicer rose his hand and without turning around "I'll watch for half the night."

As the rest of the group slept stood with his mech guns withdrawn looking through the the trees. During the entire four hours of his watch he didn't see one creature come towards the camp site. Rahn woke up and looked at Slicer still awake watching. "You get any sleep yet?" he asked as he got up. Slicer shook his head and Rahn smiled nervously "Well get some I'll stay up and watch for the rest of the time." Slicer stood up from leaning against a tree and patted him on the shoulder "After I pick up a few things from Pioneer 2." With that a telepipe opened and Slicer vanished.

After thirty or so beats Rahn heard the telepipe activate and Slicer came out. Slicer yawned and headed over to his sleeping bag. "Wonder what he picked up." Rahn thought as he waited out the last three hours. The sun rose Rahn fell asleep just before the rest of the group got up. "That was a good sleep." yawn Easton as he woke up rolling up his sleeping bag. Cora walked over to Rahn and shook him awake "Any action while we were out?" she asked with a giggle jump some when she shook him. Rahn looked at her with half opened eyes. "Nope, none at all." He glanced around noticing Slicer was already gone. "Where did he go now?" he thought as the group started eating a quick breakfast.

"Anyone seen Slicer?" asked Rahn as they began moving out. "I think he went to go look ahead for the transporter to get by the Central Dome so we don't have to walk." said Silvia as she placed her sleeping bag on her back. Rahn shrugged and looked at his radar "Time for cat and mouse again." he said with a sigh as they began moving. As they followed the tracer on the radar Rahn stopped and looked around. "Something is here but I don't see it." he said looking around. They stopped and heard a giant moan. A Monest was coming down from the sky. "Holy hell!" yelled Easton as he cleared it's landing.

The Mothnest landed throwing some dust and leaves into the air and many mothmants began coming out of the top of it. "So this is what you found the other day." said Rahn slashing at a few of the mothmants. Cora withdrew her slicer and began attacking them as well. "Yeah, and there gets to be so many that we had to run away." yelled Silvia as she took a shot at another one. Easton and Megan were launching Foie widly at the groups as their numbers grew. "We can't keep fighting like this, they'll overwhelm us like they did before. yelled Megan as she began to feel the drain of all the Foie techniques she was using. Rahn looked at the giant nest housing the creatures and began heading towards it. Cora noticed Rahn and shortly followed assuming he had a plan.

Rahn looked at her and gestured his head towards the Monest and grinned bringing up his saber. Cora stopped and flung a photon projectile from her slicer towards the Monest hearing a loud moan as Rahn jammed his saber into it as well. It moaned and fell to the ground, the opening at the top of it collasped causing the numbers of the Mothmant's to stop growing. Megand and Easton grinned finishing up the stranglers with their Foie. "Nice one." yelled Easton as Cora and Rahn walked back to the three. "Can't believe it was that easy to stop them." said Silvia feeling ashamed about the first incursion with them.

They walked away from the giant body of the Monest and began following the radar seeing Slicer on it but not moving at all. "Think he got hurt....nah." said Rahn as they got closer. They seen a giant red transporter by some Pioneer 1 techology in the distance and noticed a figure sitting by it on a fallen concrete block. "That must be him." said Megan looking at him from the distance. They appraoched and looked at him. "He's sitting there asleep." said Silvia overlooking him. She got ready to poke his shoulder and before she could his eyes flew open. "I was asleep sitting there." he said with a yawn looking at them. "I got some things from Pioneer 2 because I know you'll.....we'll need them." he said taking out several techinque discs. "Two barta discs, Two zonde discs, a resta, and three foie. " Slicer handed a Foie to Silvia, Rahn, and Cora, a Barta and Zonde to Easton, and the last three to Megan. "Get ready for a real fight after this transporter." he said as he walked in vanishing. "Real fight?,...He meass there are stronger creatures here?" said Easton with a groan.