PDA

View Full Version : Cmode S Rank for FOnewearl.

Klaus88
Jun 15, 2004, 05:35 AM
I need help deciding a S rank for my new FO, plus special.

EXCEPT S rank Twins which i don't want.

Just give me advice on which wep to get and which special.

~Thanks.

lain2k3
Jun 15, 2004, 05:41 AM
There are no S-ranks that are even a bit good for a casting force.

For melee forces, Srank twin, claw, scythe, things along those lines are good.

Klaus88
Jun 15, 2004, 06:25 AM
I was thinking about a Rod with blizzard, foie or zonde special.

lain2k3
Jun 15, 2004, 11:14 AM
No, you weren't.

rena-ko
Jun 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
unless of course you actually want to waste a couple of PDs and a hand ful hours of work into a completely useless fo-weapon.

best bet is either you get a secondary srank for another char or you get, as mentioned above, a twin...
however, most sranks (like the twin) arent equipable for a fonl, since they're simply not meant to melee with.

Mixfortune
Jun 15, 2004, 12:21 PM
On 2004-06-15 04:25, Klaus88 wrote:

Keep in mind that with those specials you still have to physically hit them... it doesn't cast the corresponding technique.

S-Ranks like Rods, Canes, etc. are pretty worthless considering the other options, and should only really be gotten if you are trying to go for a complete set.

PJ
Jun 16, 2004, 09:03 PM
I chose an SRank Rod for melee.

Keeping in mind that

1) I'm aware the other weapons would have killed enemies faster and that they would be all around superior

2) I like using Force weapons to melee @_@;;;

But since this is for a FOnewearl... uhh, don't even bother?

Capricornus
Jun 17, 2004, 05:09 AM
I do have all the FO's S-rank weapons (for collection purpose and fun of given names to your weps) but no matter how hard I think about it, I just cant imagine grinding them or putting hard earned Photon drops into an S-rank special for these.

Even fully grinded with a good S-rank special, it still cant beat most 9 stars and higher FO weps (which do boost some techs, usually have a higher MST bonus, TP reduction costs,...)

S-rank specials and grinders should only be considered for RA and HU weps

Capricornus
Jun 17, 2004, 05:14 AM
On 2004-06-15 04:25, Klaus88 wrote:

I do have all the FO's S-rank weapons (for collection purpose and fun of given names to your weps) but no matter how hard I think about it, I just cant imagine grinding them or putting hard earned Photon drops into an S-rank special for these.

Even fully grinded with a good S-rank special, it still cant beat most 9 stars and higher FO weps (which do boost some techs, usually have a higher MST bonus, TP reduction costs,...)

PJ
Jun 17, 2004, 10:36 AM
On 2004-06-17 03:14, Capricornus wrote:

Hehe. I know I wasted 50 Photon Drops and 180 Grinders on my SRank Rod. ^__^ I love it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Klaus88
Jun 26, 2004, 07:30 AM
K, im gonna go with a s rank mechgun, with gush special.

lain2k3
Jun 26, 2004, 12:18 PM
Srank mechs suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif they are barely useable on rangers, let alone a force.

Klaus88
Jun 27, 2004, 08:51 AM
No, its for my ranger.
And shut up how is the srank mechs rubbish?

Srank mechs = Red mechgun w/custom special.

Capricornus
Jun 28, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-06-27 06:51, Klaus88 wrote:
No, its for my ranger.
And shut up how is the srank mechs rubbish?

Srank mechs = Red mechgun w/custom special.

Small correction

Srank mechs = Red mechgun (with 5 ATA less) with a (photon drop free) havoc special and 0% chance of ever having hit% on it.

While you will do fine hitting things in the early ulti stages with your charachter (and a high ATA), I really doubt it will work very well in Ruins and Towers, even for rangers.
Lain is right, rangers are the only ones really being able to use mechs (due to their higher ATA), but even then, I really doubt they will hit Ill Gills a lot with them, even with their maxed out ATA.
Mechguns are without doubt the weps that need hit% the most, something the Srank doesnt offer.

Klaus88
Jun 29, 2004, 11:45 AM
I never had a problem with hitting enemies..

Probably because I have a Red ring equipped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif