PDA

View Full Version : PSO is hard to find now

Tig3rzhark
Jun 15, 2004, 10:27 AM
I've searched every single store that sells video games and I can't even find Episode I and II for gamecube. Right now I plan to get the gamecube, but if I can't even find the game, then I'm better off waiting for the US release of the PC version.

I found out that it cost a total of 190.74 just to get the gamecube, episode I and II, and the broadband adapter.

What I'd like to know is where else can I get PSO Epi I and II other than Ebgames, Compusa, Sears, Target and all of those stores.

RFB
Jun 15, 2004, 10:33 AM
I can not tell you anything about other possible stores, except maybe amazon, but what I cant tell you is: Do not expect a US release of the PC version. It will probably be released only in Japan, China and Taiwan.

trypticon
Jun 15, 2004, 11:13 AM
You may be able to find a used copy of the game in some store like GameTrader, or something. You may even be able to possibly buy it from a video store, but I'm not sure if the game was ever released for rental due to the unique serial code inside. If you get the game in a used game store, there could be a good chance that it was never registered online, seeing as how the adapters seemed to vanish for a while during the hieght of the games popularity.

Vielka
Jun 15, 2004, 11:22 AM
check out a few sites that i get stuff from.. ebgames.xom and fye.xom

K-ne
Jun 15, 2004, 11:31 AM
Amazon.com was selling a number of used copies of 1&2 the last time I checked, which was fairly recently. Also, there's always Ebay, which is where I got my copy of the game (however, Amazon.com had the lower prices on average - just so you know). Some of the listings claim to have unused access keys, too; you just gotta look around a bit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alielle
Jun 15, 2004, 02:11 PM
If you get a used copy, there's a chance you can get a new serial/access key by calling Sega.

ZeroHeart
Jun 15, 2004, 02:42 PM
You can get a used "Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II" game on eBay, or at a store called Gameforce, Gamespot, or Book & Music Exchange.

hotdogs_r_us
Jun 15, 2004, 03:56 PM
Look in HMV.

Got a new sealed one. For £20 ( Xbox )

Squeege
Jun 17, 2004, 02:40 PM
Strangly enough, I saw a new copy of PSO in a Gamestop just a few months ago. So you do have a chance of finding it in a store....but you'd still probably be better off getting it off e-bay or amazon.

Sord
Jun 17, 2004, 03:41 PM
I found mine in Gamespot (the last three in stock, phew) As others have said, check there.

Eanae
Jun 18, 2004, 03:30 PM
Got mine from good old walmart. Online bought of course... ^.^;;

DementorsKiss
Jun 21, 2004, 01:09 AM
I was about to place a post on how friggin' hard it is to find PSO 1 and 2, then this one magically came along and did it for me. All I want to know is, what are these access code or key things that are discussed here? I don't want to play online, just offline, does the access code key thing apply to me at all?

Skett
Jun 21, 2004, 09:38 AM
Offline? No, you don't need all that access code stuff if your just playing offline. You should be fine if you bought a used one.

space_butler
Jun 21, 2004, 09:42 AM
bought mine off a friend...dont think the codes are used but i cant get online for a couple of months anyway

RavenTW
Jun 21, 2004, 09:50 PM
You think finding Ep. 1&2 is bad? Heck, only about two stores in my city sell Ep. 3! And neither of them we go to regularly, unfortunately.

Online is your best bet. You can find anything online.

Sef
Jun 21, 2004, 09:54 PM
Too bad it's hardly in stores anymore...Dang. My friend was going to get it...He already has a Lv.106 RAmar but no game since he plays on mine... Well online shopping away then.

Getintothegame
Jun 22, 2004, 01:57 AM
If all else fails, import it from Japan.