PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Mag does affect drop rate

Vercingetorix
Jun 15, 2004, 05:17 PM
I am an 100% sure that Hacked Mag affect drop rate. I have play PSO over 200 hours before PSOX was hacked and I was getting regular rare drop.

I have went back to PSOX this week and the first room I got into was this level 200 guys who gave me a Dreamcast Mag. Since I have this Mag equip or in the bank, I had no drop beside 1 photon drop. I have currently log over 35 hours this week and play at level Hard and Very Hard. I've done numerous Telepipe trick on Addicting Food quest and didn't get any drop. The worst part is I haven't used the mag at all, only to use some hgih level technique and put it back in the bank.

I'm a Fonewearl Pinkal on NA server.

Vercingetorix
Jun 15, 2004, 10:00 PM
I've left my Dreamcast mag behind in a room tonight and closed it after. I started another game and I got 2 rare in the first run I did from Forest to Ruin. Might be coincidental but I don't believe so.

darthsaber9x9
Jun 16, 2004, 06:36 AM
ok so you think that by doing nothing with the mag it has affected your drop rate? doesnt make sense to me.

also have you ever heard of luck? and when you say you did the telepipe trick on addicting food....wtf? what do you mean? you didnt see rare enemies, rare enemies didnt drop what you wanted? elaborate

gallaugher
Jun 16, 2004, 09:08 AM
Not sure about PSOX but for the Game Cube version your statement is only true of PSO Plus.

Zinger314
Jun 16, 2004, 09:14 AM
*sigh*

It's been confirmed that it affects the drop rate on PSO Plus and PSOX. All I'm concerned with is how MUCH it affects the drop rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-16 07:14 ]</font>

Vercingetorix
Jun 16, 2004, 04:17 PM
On 2004-06-16 04:36, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
ok so you think that by doing nothing with the mag it has affected your drop rate? doesnt make sense to me.

also have you ever heard of luck? and when you say you did the telepipe trick on addicting food....wtf? what do you mean? you didnt see rare enemies, rare enemies didnt drop what you wanted? elaborate

I got rid of my hacked mag forever and I started to get rare again. I am a strong believer that by getting rid of my hacked weapon, my drop rate got back to a normal rate %.

Vercingetorix
Jun 17, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-06-16 07:14, Zinger314 wrote:
*sigh*

It's been confirmed that it affects the drop rate on PSO Plus and PSOX. All I'm concerned with is how MUCH it affects the drop rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-16 07:14 ]</font>

35hours of gameplay with Hacked Mag= no rare

3 hours last nite with legit mag = 4 rares

draw your own conclusion

Superguppie
Jun 17, 2004, 08:46 AM
You can't draw a conclusion on 1 isolated instance. I'm on GC/EU so I don't have any such effects. Yet I have seen periods of at least 20 hours playtime without a single Red Box dropping.
What I'm trying to say is, that just 1 person going through what is described doesn't make it proven. You could be the odd one out. If more people have the same experience, it will become more credible.

I'm no statistician, but I think it is safe to say that statistics can never proove anything. Best it can do is make something highly credible. And a single instance doesn't do that.

Vercingetorix
Jun 17, 2004, 09:21 AM
Only PSO Plus and PSOX has been affected by this problem. I have talk to other PSO player online who became legit and started to have more rare drop. Of course we can't proove with 100% certainty because we are not the developper of the games.

Superguppie
Jun 17, 2004, 09:32 AM
You don't have to be the game developer to prove it. If you disassemble it, you can read it in the code. That's how we know of PSO+... (I think)

Arislan
Jun 17, 2004, 02:48 PM
Super- That would be correct, Baru and another couple people I know of all did that independently, looked through game files and the like. I assume you could do the same on XBox, but I guess noone has the know-how or the will to do so.

XboxBaller
Jun 17, 2004, 03:15 PM
i believe that it affects the drop rate also.

when i first got teh game i was given a hacked chao mag. I played on that guy for a bout a month and got him to lvl 62. I only found a mesely photon drop cuz i had switched mags.

I have now made a new character. hes level 35 and legit. i did one hard ttf and found 2 rares. i also found another one today and one yesterday all in hard mode.

my friend played a hacked guy to lvl 85 on offline and online and didnt find one rare at all.

I am a firm believer of the hacked mags affecting drop rate.

Sitka
Jun 17, 2004, 03:34 PM
You can read some of my earlier threads on the same topic.

I am convinced that there is or has been a change in drop rates associated with the use of hacked mags and possibly weapons with over 100%. Having done, at this point, hundreds of laps testing that theory, in my mind, at least, I am convinced.

It really doesn't matter to me anymore as I have eliminated those items from my banks so that I do not have to worry about them and I'm done testing theories. The only concern I have is when individuals using those items enter my games. I prefer to be polite when asking about their mags/weapons, but it is important enough to me that I must ask at this point for them to leave.

So, if you like messing with the funky stuff, please show enough respect for others to do it offline or in your own games.

Nuff said - let's get back to playing.

digigram
Jun 18, 2004, 03:45 PM
you don't have to worry about me entering a game sitka.. All the items I have are either found by me, givin to me by friends that found items in same game, or you have given me items.. you being sitka. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif no problem on my end? .. LETS PLAY .. lol

Sitka
Jun 18, 2004, 05:01 PM
Yo, digigram man.

I went back and read some of your posts, particularly some of the LONG ones on the cheating threads.

WOW.

You're obviously quite intelligent and you have some pretty strong convictions. Given your profession and your hobbies, I believe you have quite a lot to offer in terms of knowledge and insight.

I would love to roll through some levels with you if only to gain some insight and learn more about this and other games. I tend to agree with alot of your opinions, but sometimes I think Ian (XP) has a better way of saying it, if punctuated by a few explicatives.

In looking at some of your questions, I started to think back on some of my own PSO experiences. As this has some relevance to the original post regarding the 1308 mag affecting the drop rate, I thought, why not, share it.

I started PSO on the dreamcast and was pretty excited by that game, albeit I only played offline. I was somewhat late to the gaming world, having focused on athletics and studies for so many years. My first system was a Nintendo 64 which I snuck into the garage and hooked up to an old tv so my wife wouldn't see it. Ya, pathetic I know, but I was an arcade gaming addict and had never owned a gaming system before. My wife, also a literature major in college, didn't much care for games, so like a playboy, down into the garage it went.

I eventually got found out and after a little negotiating, got to move the system upstairs. That led to the Dreamcast, a couple of fighting games and finally, PSO.

I loved that game. All offline, I leveled up to 100, acquired some really cool items and bought Ep. II as soon as it was available. I continued leveling up and starting new characters and generally played the hell out of that game. No cheating, duping or anything other than chasing rares and leveling.

When the gamecube version was released, I grabbed it, played a few characters into ultimate and then lost interest. I didn't see anything really new as I was still only playing offline.

Then came xbox and the decision to do the online experience, the HL and the whole nine yards. My first few experiences online were awful, I was a total noob, I got FSOD and lost most of the best things I had collected up to then and I was not a happy camper.

So, I gladly accepted some uber weapons, some hacked units, some hacked mags and felt like I was actually part of the community. As I gained levels and experience, however, I began to meet older players like myself who knew the game well and expressed their opions about "legit" and "cheating." I also joined this board and saw the diverse opinions expressed about the game and its many facets, including yours.

I gradually started trading, giving away or eliminating the stuff that I saw was a problem. As I gained more knowledge and experience, I worked more on acquiring weapons and items that are effective, but more in tune with the legit game. I raised my own SATOS and RATIS and found good weapons to trade for the weapons and units I could not find but really wanted.

So, I have considerable sympathy for the young folks who come into this game and try to fit in. I have patience with the 12-year old J-sword users and don't mind helping him/her out. I feel there is a place for the gamers that like to explore this game in all its facets including the glitches and I don't have a problem with someone using hacked weapons/items as long as it doesn't affect my game and my ability to have fun with my experience.

The things I enjoy about PSO are the rare hunts, searching for and finally finding a Hildetorr, exploring a new quest for the first time, challenge mode, gaining levels and feeling more "experienced," helping others out, getting that drop you've been searching forever for, and, most importantly, meeting new people and sharing some laughs together.

Since you're in the music business, I wish they had better, more enjoyable music to listen to while playing (I like Burning Ranger, the Ult music and now that they have the sonic music in the lobbies - boy, that wedding music was rough). If they truly could create a game that was cheat proof with PSO, I think I'd join that game and never play another (maybe that's why they don't, who's going to buy the next game?).

Anyway, I've enjoyed going back and reading your posts and would enjoy getting together for some challenge mode and some runs. PM me and we'll figure out when.

And for those of you on the xbox or joing xbox PSO and trying to figure out who is cool and where do I go to find "legit" games or some fun people who can help in learning the game, look for some of us on Dav 10. We've got a good group there and it's growing.

Oh, and leave your 1308 mags at home...please.

HiroX
Jun 18, 2004, 05:48 PM
I know the feeling of being gipped by a rare enemy. I saw a love rappy today in the temple, one member was using a hacked mag, i found 987 meseta -_-

Sitka
Jun 18, 2004, 05:59 PM
Ya, makes you feel like you equipped scape goats instead of scape dolls, lol?

Most of the time I see rare enemies they cough up meseta or some worthless item - that just the way my luck goes.

But it sure helps if you can rule out the mag.