PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Mag Colors

Sinuuyanea
Jun 16, 2004, 08:48 AM
Normally, I'd use the search function, but I keep getting an internal server error when I do, so here goes.

I read the Mag Color Guide, and saw why all the mags I looted, up until now, were grey/black. So, as per the guide, I changed my costume to the one where my mag colors would be random. Instead, for some reason, all the mags I've looted from the Mines since then are grey.

I am a HUcaseal, Yellowbose, hunting in Ultimate Mines. My current head and costume are basically Saligun from EP-3. Do I have the wrong costume?

Shintaro04
Jun 16, 2004, 10:40 AM
The mags color depends on you newly started characters. It doesn't matter after you start the character and then chang the costume if palyed the character already. If you want a mag that's the color you want just start another characrter and choose the color of the costume you want, then the mag will be that color of you new character, that's what i do every time.
BTW, the mags you find in Mines will always be gray. it doesn't matter what you characters are, how new or old they are, nor the color of the costume.

Ketchup345
Jun 16, 2004, 12:31 PM
Mag colors will never change after they have been seen and the game has been saved.

On 2004-06-16 08:40, Shintaro04 wrote:
BTW, the mags you find in Mines will always be gray. it doesn't matter what you characters are, how new or old they are, nor the color of the costume.

Partially true. This is only true for the origional JP, and origional US release. It has been fixed in EU and PSO+ copies. I'm not sure if it has been fixed in newer US copies.

In the corrected versions you can find any color Mag.

Sinuuyanea
Jun 16, 2004, 09:38 PM
So, I would need to create a new char in the so-called "random" costume, and run them to an area where Mags drop...changing my costume was pointless. Ok, thanks. The guide needs to be updated with this bit of information, then.

Thank you http://www.boomspeed.com/sinuuyanea/feliciachaohum.gif

Quo
Jun 16, 2004, 09:47 PM
If you want a mag of a specific color, your best bet would be to make a new character with the appropriate costume and take his mag.

Ketchup345
Jun 17, 2004, 09:14 AM
On 2004-06-16 19:38, Sinuuyanea wrote:
So, I would need to create a new char in the so-called "random" costume, and run them to an area where Mags drop...changing my costume was pointless. Ok, thanks. The guide needs to be updated with this bit of information, then.

Thank you

Not quite. The only way to get the Mag color you want is to make a new character with that color costume (the last 2 on the right are random, which is required for about 4 Mag colors). Then pipe down to forest, see if it is the right shade of the color, and if it is, save and quit and give it to an appropriate character. If it isn't the desired shade, but is the right general color (or if you are trying for a random Mag color), just do a soft reset, and keep piping down until you find the desired color.

Shintaro04
Jun 17, 2004, 11:20 AM
On 2004-06-17 07:14, Ketchup345 wrote:

Not quite. The only way to get the Mag color you want is to make a new character with that color costume (the last 2 on the right are random, which is required for about 4 Mag colors). Then pipe down to forest, see if it is the right shade of the color, and if it is, save and quit and give it to an appropriate character. If it isn't the desired shade, but is the right general color (or if you are trying for a random Mag color), just do a soft reset, and keep piping down until you find the desired color.

Really, i never though of that, i will try it someday, see what happens.