PDA

View Full Version : Severe Blue Blast Problem. (Help?)

Nendaiki
Jun 17, 2004, 06:51 AM
I've been everywhere I could, and all I could find related to my problem is other people with the same problem not being able to fix it.

After I put in my username and password and attempt to either log on normally or go to the patch server, it goes to a screen where it freezes in a matter of seconds. Shortly after my computer resets.

No matter what I've done nothing can fix this problem. It isn't my router as it does the same thing when I hook it directly to my modem. It isn't a graphics problem, because I've tested it, and moreso I have a Radeon 9800 Pro. This game is a puny ant to my little baby. The rest of my system is well beyond the requirements, and there is no remote reason I should be having problems with this. I have reinstalled windows, and it failed to fix my problem too. What would be a logical solution to me and many others fails to fix this problem, so I have to hope someone out there has what I would consider an illogical solution in hopes I can fix this.

Does anyone have ANY idea?

P.S. This would do no good in the support thread, so if you have that thought in your head, please understand my position.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nendaiki on 2004-06-17 04:53 ]</font>

Cryo_
Jun 17, 2004, 06:59 AM
blue burst http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I have the same problem, but I know why it is. My network card is inserted on the second port, because the first one is broken. And when it wants to connect on the server it searches for in the first port, but there isnt anything there, so it reboots.
I'm going to change the motherboard and I'll be able to test it monday, so I'll let u know then.

RFB
Jun 17, 2004, 07:01 AM
P.S. This would do no good in the support thread, so if you have that thought in your head, please understand my position.

I understand your position... and this should be in the support thread, no matter what you say. Only thing I can think of is, drivers. That, or your client is screwed up and you need to download it again. Try with different driver versions, newest ones and old ones.

If that does not work I do not know what can be causing the crash. It is completely illogical.

Nendaiki
Jun 17, 2004, 08:05 AM
Cryo that was a nicely illogical suggestion, but sadly another that doesn't work. All I can possibly do now is run through old Catalyst drivers... Unless I am given a better solution. :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nendaiki on 2004-06-17 06:05 ]</font>

RFB
Jun 17, 2004, 08:13 AM
On 2004-06-17 04:59, Cryo_ wrote:
blue burst http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I have the same problem, but I know why it is. My network card is inserted on the second port, because the first one is broken. And when it wants to connect on the server it searches for in the first port, but there isnt anything there, so it reboots.
I'm going to change the motherboard and I'll be able to test it monday, so I'll let u know then.

If it really needs the ethernet card to be in first PCI slot, BB programming sucks...

Cryo_
Jun 17, 2004, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure dudes!!!
I'm gonna try it this weekend (at college atm).
The first port is broken, because when I insert my card in the first port, my internet does very weird things.
When I play psobb on my brother's computers I dont have any trouble, so that was/is the only thing I can think of...
Don't make your conclusions yet about my post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, I'm gonna try it this weekend/Monday

gallaugher
Jun 17, 2004, 08:57 AM
On 2004-06-17 06:13, RFB wrote:

On 2004-06-17 04:59, Cryo_ wrote:

If it really needs the ethernet card to be in first PCI slot, BB programming sucks...

I don't think this is possible. Programs don't look for network cards (or any cards) in slots. Windows does. Windows is in control of your TCP stack. The game relies on Windows to handle the connection.

Topic poster: try another network card.

Kuea
Jun 21, 2004, 02:07 AM
I just let it sit for a minute and it starts again

Arislan
Jun 21, 2004, 02:13 AM
Thanks for that Eclair.

In any case, this problem was resolved, so...