PDA

View Full Version : Weird weather

Nai_Calus
Jun 17, 2004, 04:49 PM
Ah, it's a beatiful day, the sun is shining, the grass is green, it's raining...

What the hell?

Mixfortune
Jun 17, 2004, 04:56 PM
Where exactly do you live?
Here in Washington State, it rains under a lot of different weather variances. It could be cloudy, partly cloudy, sunny, foggy, whatever... it can still rain.

Of course, it's more likely that there will be a cloudy day during rain, but having a basically clear day with blue skies and sun while it's raining can sitll be frequent, especially in the summer.

I think it looks rather funny when it does that...

Nai_Calus
Jun 17, 2004, 05:02 PM
North Carolina. The sun is shining, it's not all that cloudy, I walk outside and it's raining. Had to turn on the windshield wipers while I was driving to go grab dinner.

By the time I came back it had stopped and the 90-degree heat we have today had evaporated nearly all of it.

Again, what the hell. Make sense, weather.

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 06:15 PM
It rained here, earlier today.......it also happens to be the first day of the week my Mom was off work, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's all her fault.....she's a bad luck charm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Armok
Jun 17, 2004, 06:36 PM
Its going

Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny

Every day this week

Cinnamon
Jun 17, 2004, 06:44 PM
Mmm...I hope it rains all week! Speaking of rain on a clear day, I think there's some form of fortune telling done during days like that. I forget what it's called though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Link00seven
Jun 17, 2004, 06:51 PM
Weather for Dearborn Heights, MI. From May-June and continuing.

A shit load of rain...

Kupi
Jun 17, 2004, 07:32 PM
It is entirely within the laws of phsyics for that sort of thing to happen, so it does make sense. It's a contradiction to what we accept as normal, but not necessarily weird.

Huh, we live in the same state. That's not necessarily weird or outside of the odds either, but interesting.

geewj
Jun 17, 2004, 07:56 PM
It's been doing that here.

Driving down the I-81, sky is blue, sun is shining everything is clear and happy. 5 minuets later I have my windsheild wipers on thier higest setting and I'm hydroplaning my way around the freeway.

Sord
Jun 17, 2004, 08:16 PM
happened here last week. It's not often, but it does happen. One time our hole area was surrounded by storm accept a large hole right above our house XD

Nai_Calus
Jun 17, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-06-17 17:32, Kupi wrote:
It is entirely within the laws of phsyics for that sort of thing to happen, so it does make sense. It's a contradiction to what we accept as normal, but not necessarily weird.

Huh, we live in the same state. That's not necessarily weird or outside of the odds either, but interesting.

It's weird to me. XP I'm from California, it rains two months out of the year, and when it rains, it does it properly. Not this 'Ok, where the hell are the CLOUDS this is coming from?' stuff. XP

And what part of North Carolina?

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-06-17 17:56, Prof_Frink wrote:
and I'm hydroplaning my way around the freeway.

Sounds fun...... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've done that several times before, when I used to go to High School. I'd have to put the pedal to the medal b'cuz the road I turn off from my neighborhood gets a lot of traffic. Though I've hydroplaned, I've always managed to slower speed and traction and ultimately get back up to mark......luckily.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-17 21:46 ]</font>

burnningthings3
Jun 17, 2004, 11:56 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:36, Armok wrote:
Its going

Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny

Every day this week

Ha, an party cloudy to the mix and you get Dupage for last few weaks. But never happened ^.~

Evil_Althena8
Jun 18, 2004, 01:49 AM
not all too entirely rare for it to be raining and sunny here. I love it when that happens, though

Alielle
Jun 18, 2004, 02:23 AM
I used to live in NC. Freaking weirdest weather I've ever experienced. It's the only place I've driven through a torrential thunderstorm with 4 feet of visibility right into perfectly dry, clear weather. I could literally look back and see the rain falling from the sky not even a mile away.

I kinda miss the NC-style downpours. Washington rain is just... cold and constant.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 24, 2004, 10:55 AM
Scorchio!.... Scorchio!.... Scorchio!.... Cloud?!

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately, I live in Syaracuse, NY, the 4th couldiest city in the USA. I hate it here. It can be frickin' June and be 45 degrees!

Kizaragu
Jun 24, 2004, 11:09 AM
For the last 2-3 days (and until late morning today) it has been tipping it down with Rain.
What's the weather like now?
Blistering Hot and barely a cloud in the sky. Weird.

Solstis
Jun 24, 2004, 11:14 AM
Some of you people have obviously never lived in Missouri or the surrounding area.

0 degrees in the mornng, 60 in the afternoon. WTF?

Yah, we get spotty rain like that in Missouri, too.

Wyndham
Jun 24, 2004, 11:25 AM
ou're in NC too, Ian?
well, it is weird weather.
I love rain tho.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 24, 2004, 01:59 PM
On 2004-06-17 16:36, Armok wrote:
Its going

Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny
Rain
Sunny

Every day this week

That sounds like pretty much every day of the year in Manchester >.<

_Ted_
Jun 24, 2004, 02:05 PM
There was some nice "June Gloom" happening here, but it seems to have cleared up now. Which is unfortunate, I would have liked some rain or some colder weather....

teflon
Jun 24, 2004, 05:13 PM
It's been raining like hell here in Northern Florida for the past few days. Not surprising, though, considering I'm right next to the Atlantic Ocean. It's not much better when there's a day when it doesn't rain, due to the fact it can easily hit 95 F or even 100 F during the day.

Solstis
Jun 24, 2004, 09:42 PM
On 2004-06-24 15:13, teflon wrote:
It's been raining like hell here in Northern Florida for the past few days. Not surprising, though, considering I'm right next to the Atlantic Ocean. It's not much better when there's a day when it doesn't rain, due to the fact it can easily hit 95 F or even 100 F during the day.

You silly northern Floridians.

When will you learn that west/central Florida has the best weather?

[edit]: now in English

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-06-24 19:42 ]</font>