PDA

View Full Version : Z.O.E. Zone of the Enders

Genoa
Jun 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
omg, when I rented the game yesterday and started playing I was like "this game pwns!!!".... I beat it this morning... 6 hours. I got to this one part and was like "wtf??? they jokin right?" 6 hours!!!. I know there's a second one, and ima rent that one probably some time today or tomorow.... but still, 6 hours to beat and it was my 1st time playing it. Anybody else feel the same way?

ABDUR101
Jun 18, 2004, 12:06 PM
I've never played the first one, but quite enjoyed the second one. Haven't played it since it's release though. A lot of stuff to unlock.

Gnarled_rose
Jun 18, 2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I've heard the game's rediculously short. I've only seen the Idolo anime DVD, and I love the series.

Evil_Althena8
Jun 18, 2004, 04:29 PM
it is really short but it's awesome. I have yet to play the second one

Cinnamon
Jun 18, 2004, 05:57 PM
If you think the first one's awesome, play the second one. It blows Z.O.E out of the water. I think the script could've really used some work though, and a the camera was a little iffy.
Personally, my favorite in the Z.O.E. saga is on the GBA. It's a great little strategy game, and the story is simply amazing. It was good enough I would have liked to see a novel based on the storyline. Great music too!

LostHero
Jun 18, 2004, 06:50 PM
I hated the first one... the story was just to terrible to even coupe with. But the second one, easily ranks on my list of best games of all time - simply amazing.

Skett
Jun 18, 2004, 07:08 PM
Yes, the second is one of my favorate PS2 games. Yeah, the game is rather short but any longer and the game much become tiring. Again, Hideo Kojima brings us a great game and the it feels more like an anime than the actual anime!

Genoa
Jun 18, 2004, 11:49 PM
Sounds like I need to get the Second one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I hope its longer though. Man, now i've got caught up in Xenosaga, PSO (again), and Z.O.E. ... 3 at ounce is hard for me.

dark_agenda
Jun 18, 2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, the second one totally blows Z.O.E out of the water. I bought the first one when it came out, but I felt it was way too short though really good. Then I rented the second one and my jaw honestly dropped

DarthFomar
Jun 19, 2004, 01:38 AM
The first was good.........the second was unbelievably fun multiplayer *the first lacked a few multiplayer elements*. And the single player is down right amazing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

They are really funs games. I enjoyed every minute of play. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-18 23:39 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 20, 2004, 07:03 PM
I was kinda disapointed with the first game. I had a great time playing through it, then it ended all of a sudden and i felt that plot points just werent resolved. The game felt like a pilot episode for an anime series. Still a good game though.

Picked up the second game for 10 pounds the other day and im slowly playing through it, but it seems alot harder then the first. Getting a wee bit pissed offby geting swarmed by Raptors constantly, but im guessing thats just the way the game goes.

RavenTW
Jun 20, 2004, 07:18 PM
Law of Classic videogame/movie Balance: For every sucky original, there is at least one uber awesome sequal. For every awesome original, there is at least one uber sucky sequal.

ZOE was a good game, but I think Kojima was working a little more on MGS2 (which follows that rule as well) than this one. But since no MGS3 was issued, that set the stage for the uber awesome ZOE2.

Fist of Mars, though it lacked real gameplay (just avoid the dozens of enemies while attacking the main badguy and you win the mission), had perhaps the best story of the three. You could make a movie or novel out of it, though you would need two for each path split (I prefer the 25 scene path because you fight Ares at the end, like a battle of rivals, but the 24 scene path is good because Phil doesn't die).

Swan
Jun 21, 2004, 06:08 PM
that's nothing! I beat it in 3 hours!

Dingo
Jun 22, 2004, 03:37 PM
I only saw a e3 trailer once..totally flipped me out! loved the music, the style, the cinematics...kojima is quite good...I'll hopefully play second runner one day

Thrash777
Jun 22, 2004, 04:16 PM
ZOE is excellent. The gameplay is the best. The speed and flow of the battles is amazing.
Haven't played the second, but the first was awesome despite it's length (completed it in like, 4-5 hours) enjoyed every minute of it!