PDA

View Full Version : *obscenities removed for no reason*

navci
Jun 18, 2004, 04:01 PM
Rage #1: The past three days have been fucking tiresome of hell. No amount of sleep (or awakeness) seem to be able to clear the zombie-quality of mine. My eyes feel like they just want to be closed. I feel like I am about to collapse all the time.

Rage #2: I got a package from mom sent through FedEx. There is a layer of large green tape covering the package with big writings of "inspected by US Customs". Inside of the package are two mp3 players, one of the box is sliced open, with the software CD-rom disc being sliced as well. The disc is now un-readable. Not that we need the disc, but it's part of the package that gets significantly damaged. I feel wary about sending anything in or out or even past the US now. My mom sent the package from Hong Kong, I live in Vancouver, WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL is my package opened by US custom AND damaged?

Rage #3: The said mp3 player isn't cooperating with my PC. Supposingly I should plug the thing in, PC recognize there is a removable drive. I put stuff in removable drive and then blast music into my ears to my heart's content. But NOOOO, my PC want a driver to go with it and refuse to recognize this device as a removable drive ... or refuse to do anything with it. ... What the fuck, really. Nothing is working. I don't have a clue as to what to do.

#2 is irky.

Daikarin
Jun 18, 2004, 04:05 PM
Well, at least it's friday, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Scejntjynahl
Jun 18, 2004, 04:05 PM
Because your a national threat, they heard about your army of newms and are fearfull youll launch an all out shoe attack...!

Or becuase they are idiots?

Solstis
Jun 18, 2004, 04:06 PM
*Cries for Navi*

A thousand pats on the back Navi, I hope the durn Mp3 player starts working.

That and, the plane must have stopped somewhere in the states.

:/

navci
Jun 18, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-06-18 14:05, Even_Jin wrote:
Well, at least it's friday, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rage #4: To an unemployed person, Friday is no different from a Monday.

I am all green today.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 18, 2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, if I had to guess, I'd say the driver would be on the cd, no? Perhaps try the manufacturer's site, they might have some downloads so your mp3 player may co-operate.

I know how you feel about being tired - considering I usually get upwards of 9 hours sleep a night, I have very little sleep at all in the past few days, possibly only around 4 hours a night. I really hate that feeling, where your eyes are just so heavy, but it feels there's nothing you can do about it. I'm just going to sleep it off, and hope it clears it up, and I hope you feel a little better soon also! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 18, 2004, 04:10 PM
Something tells me the driver is on the CD that got slashed... in which case you could very well be screwed. If it's a minor scratch, there could be ways to repair it... but anything substantial is basically destroyed.

EDIT- Or, as Antimony said, try out the manufacturer's site. I completely forgot about the ability to download drivers off the internet... no clue how I messed that up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-06-18 14:11 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jun 18, 2004, 04:15 PM
On 2004-06-18 14:06, Solstis wrote:

That and, the plane must have stopped somewhere in the states.

:/

Crashed somewhere, more likely.

navci
Jun 18, 2004, 04:27 PM
A few ridiculous points:

1. Bro has the exact same player, he has the disc. The disc doesn't have drivers in it. If we try using it, Windows says there is an error.

2. According to the manufactuerer's site, our model of the player does not exist.

Yepps.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 18, 2004, 04:34 PM
On 2004-06-18 14:27, navi wrote:
2. According to the manufactuerer's site, our model of the player does not exist.

That's definately a bit of a problem...

Perhaps try a google search? Perhaps maybe There'll be a few forums with people experiencing the same problem, and have maybe found access to some working drivers? If not, I guess maybe you could wait and see if they update their site...you may just have been too quick for them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RFB
Jun 18, 2004, 05:20 PM
You could try to research on MP3 players with similar functions/specs than yours, and give them a try. And besides, if your mother sent it to you from Hong-Kong, you should check the chinese website of the company looking for the drivers. Maybe that model does not exist in Canada/America, but yes in Asia.

On a side note: America and it's "we fuck you as much as we can" security measures.

navci
Jun 18, 2004, 05:55 PM
PC now reognize the thing. Apparently it wants me to install the same driver as my DVD-rom. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I am still mad at the US customs.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 19, 2004, 01:40 AM
Hah. That sounds familiar. Did your mom use DHL by some chance? ^_^
My mom sent a cake up to my brother, who's studying in Waterloo, Canada.
Needless to say, the cake was intercepted by US Customs, opened, inspected
and resealed.

My bro ended up throwing the cake away. We didn't want to risk him eating
any possible chemicals that those dumb fools might have used to "inspect" it.

navci
Jun 19, 2004, 02:32 AM
On 2004-06-18 23:40, Crystal_Shard wrote:
Hah. That sounds familiar. Did your mom use DHL by some chance? ^_^
My mom sent a cake up to my brother, who's studying in Waterloo, Canada.
Needless to say, the cake was intercepted by US Customs, opened, inspected
and resealed.

My bro ended up throwing the cake away. We didn't want to risk him eating
any possible chemicals that those dumb fools might have used to "inspect" it.

Good god. That is just stupid.
And they dare to ruin a good piece of cake?! Them bastards who has no respect for edible goods!

Well. On the other hand, they might as well just eat the cake and send your brother the box, and say something about the cake was a danger to national security and has been held for furthre interrogation? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-06-19 00:33 ]</font>

EJ
Jun 19, 2004, 02:48 AM
on the sleeping thing. I know how you feel. No matter how much I sleep or don't sleep I always feel so tired. Maybe FKl is getting to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dhylec
Jun 19, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-06-18 14:01, navi wrote:
My mom sent the package from Hong Kong, I live in Vancouver, WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL is my package opened by US custom AND damaged?

ok, this might sound unreasonable to you, but the Fedex plane that came from HK prolly had to stop somewhere in the US
thus the US custom label.. they might have picked your package by random to inspect..

navci
Jun 19, 2004, 03:33 PM
I am guessing they prolly take things through a US port. I just think the damage is unreasonable.

Sef
Jun 19, 2004, 04:08 PM
They should treat things as if they were their own.

WraithVerge
Jun 20, 2004, 12:17 AM
Have a family member replace 'Fragile' with 'I will rip your eyes out and ram sharp objects into your brain if contents are damanged' on the side of the box. Then, if someone hand delivers it to you, open the door holding a large knife and go "HELLO!!!!!" really loud. If it's at the post office or something and you have to go there to get it, do as above but add "... Is my package in yet?!?"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-06-19 22:19 ]</font>

navci
Jun 20, 2004, 12:54 AM
I dunno man. It was FedEx. They charge insane money, I shouldn't have to do all that to keep my stuff safe.

WraithVerge
Jun 20, 2004, 01:34 AM
I swear I hear at least one 'FedEX' tale or something equivilant to it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

seriously, I ordered a package on Wed. and it said it would arrive in two standard business days. FedEX doesn't ship on weekends, so I'm thinking maybe Friday or Monday I'll get it... I got it Thursday of next week XD ... and the package was a lump of wet cardboard box with mold on it. Luckily, the contents were unscathed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-06-19 23:34 ]</font>

Kadavreski
Jun 20, 2004, 04:39 AM
On 2004-06-18 14:01, navi wrote:

Rage #2: I got a package from mom sent through FedEx. There is a layer of large green tape covering the package with big writings of "inspected by US Customs". Inside of the package are two mp3 players, one of the box is sliced open, with the software CD-rom disc being sliced as well. The disc is now un-readable. Not that we need the disc, but it's part of the package that gets significantly damaged. I feel wary about sending anything in or out or even past the US now. My mom sent the package from Hong Kong, I live in Vancouver, WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL is my package opened by US custom AND damaged?

that bites dude. can u sue?

Crystal_Shard
Jun 20, 2004, 08:59 AM
On 2004-06-19 00:32, navi wrote:

Good god. That is just stupid.
And they dare to ruin a good piece of cake?! Them bastards who has no respect for edible goods!

Well. On the other hand, they might as well just eat the cake and send your brother the box, and say something about the cake was a danger to national security and has been held for furthre interrogation? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You know, if they'd at least eaten the cake, it wouldn't have been such a waste. ^_^

Oh, I forgot to mention that they kept the cake for nearly a week or more before they
sent it out again. Probably after they opened it.

Seems that certain US based postal services like to go through US Customs before
sending the package to Canada. Quite an annoying state of affairs.

But considering the damage done to your stuff, I don't suppose you could sue them?
Or is it that they aren't liable for any damage caused, despite the fact that you
didn't voluntarily send it through the US in the first place?

Sord
Jun 20, 2004, 11:17 AM
yes, while the US can brag about somethings, it definitly cannot brag about anything in the postal system, it suxorz!

Anyways, yeah, I get where you are on the sleep, though lately I've been fine. Got to bed at ten pm and get up at six forty-five am, so thats eight hours and forty-five minutes, so I'm fine. Sorry nothing has been working out to well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Although 3 hours straight of gym Mon.-Fri. is a killer on my feet and ankles X_X

Firocket1690
Jun 20, 2004, 11:56 AM
Shiping stuff from HK ..

Next time, tell her to ship w/o the box, and only the contents, and make the smallest package possible and rush it over with the fastest thing avalable from EMS. They won't bother to check those tiny packages sent by business mail, because it'll delay the arrival.

..Oh, and one last thing, if it's one of the newer mp3 players (which I believe so) you just remove one cover thingy and there's your usb port. (no cable)
Hmm ? Windows should recognize that as a generic usb storage device. If you can see into the thingy, then just copy/paste songs over.

.. all else fails, get the chinese version of windows XP (XP smiley, not windows xp)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-06-20 10:01 ]</font>

navci
Jun 20, 2004, 02:02 PM
On 2004-06-20 06:59, Crystal_Shard wrote:
But considering the damage done to your stuff, I don't suppose you could sue them?
Or is it that they aren't liable for any damage caused, despite the fact that you
didn't voluntarily send it through the US in the first place?

I read their terms of agreement, they are quite sneaky. They mentioned about inspection and they mentioned about how they are not liable, I prolly can't get any compensation, nevertheless, I'd prolly go complain anyway and have them tell me why must my stuff be inspected by US customs when neither myself nor my mom is a US citizen and we don't live in the US, what gives them the right to damage, or even inspect my property in the first place. We are not under your rule dammit!

I fixed the mp3 player thing, as I have already reported. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RFB
Jun 20, 2004, 03:36 PM
That is nothing. There have already been various reports of Spanish people being warned by the F.B.I. when searching/downloading stuff from P2P Networks. What the hell does the F.B.I. have to do with Spanish computers?? Who the hell do they think they are??