PDA

View Full Version : Another Darn Album topic

Solstis
Jun 18, 2004, 07:20 PM
Well, I feel like buying a cd (I get these urges every now and then), and I was wondering about what cds people love listening to.

My current faves:

Audioslave
Hoobastank: The Reason
Maroon 5: Songs for Jane
Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head (not so much Parachutes)

Any ideas fellas/gals?

Sayara
Jun 18, 2004, 07:26 PM
The Last Albums i got were...

Evanesence Fallen
and Chobits Character Song Tracks, <<;; Soooo yeah

Madzozs
Jun 18, 2004, 07:50 PM
The last album I bought was Archetype by Fear Factory.

Suggestions for albums:
Probot
Pantera
Damageplan
Sick of it All
Slayer
Skid Row

Skett
Jun 18, 2004, 07:58 PM
I have pretty much just been buying Bon Jovi CDs. I need two more and I have all of them that are on CD.

Blitzkommando
Jun 18, 2004, 09:45 PM
Either get the FLCL soundtracks if you don't have them, or the Queen Platinum Collection. Good stuff. But a tough choice, The Pillows or Queen.

LostHero
Jun 18, 2004, 09:47 PM
If you like rap: Immortal Technique
If you like reggae: Midnite or Pepper

Solstis
Jun 18, 2004, 09:52 PM
I was considering Queen... mmmm... Queen.

Sayara
Jun 18, 2004, 10:09 PM
Bohimeian Rhapsody = Super

Queen's good yo

dude3282
Jun 18, 2004, 10:32 PM
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - Smashing Pumpkins

Metallica (aka the Black Album), S&M, Master of Puppets - Metallica

So Long, Astoria - The Ataris

astuarlen
Jun 18, 2004, 10:49 PM
What I've been listening to recently:
Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle, Stunt, and Maroon
OK Go - OK Go
Chumbawamba - Tubthumpter
Cusco - The Best of Cusco

It's odd that I've suddenly started listening to actual CDs again instead of mp3s. Oh well, most of my CDs are a couple years old, but I don't really plan on buying any more in the near future. I wonder what kind of selection the local libraries have... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jun 18, 2004, 11:28 PM
Well aside from THE BEST MIX CD EVER that I've been listening to, these are the albums that've been in my cd player:

The Golden Hum - Remy Zero
Out of the Vein - Third Eye Blind
Pinkerton - Weezer
The Invisible Band - Travis

Eh... that's most of it. Oh, and I've had that darn Modest Mouse track stuck in my head for the longest time. It's catchy.

HotWaterDeath
Jun 20, 2004, 01:00 PM
For some nice, poppy, post-punk try;

Jawbreaker - Dear You
Lifetime - Hello Bastards
Gunmoll - Board of Rejection
Leatherface/Hot Water Music - Split on BYO
Envy - A Dead Sinking Story

For a knee-slappin', smackdown of hardcorage go for;

Terror - s/t ep
The Hope Conspiracy - Cold Blue
American Nightmare (AKA Give Up The Ghost) (RIP) - Year One (Which is basically their first two ep's)
With Honor - Heart Means Everything
The Distance - Your Closest Enemies

For just plain off-kilter rock (rock/hardcore/spazz/et cetera) hit up;

Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo
The National Acrobat - Complete Recordings
Black Cross - Art Offensive
Fugazi - Red Medicine

Go forth. Buy. Burn.

Madzozs
Jun 20, 2004, 01:33 PM
HotWaterDeath, I like your taste in music. I rarely see people mention the almighty Jawbreaker.

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 01:45 PM
Dude knows what he's talking about, although for you current choices, I would reccomend Either Machina or siamese dream over MCIS. But, all their albums are insanely good, IMO.

You may also want to try out Ryan adams latest album, Rock n' Roll. It is an extreme variation from his previous work.

And, as one last comment, you may also want to check out some of the goo goo dolls albums.

Outrider
Jun 20, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-06-20 11:45, lain2k3 wrote:
You may also want to try out Ryan adams latest album, Rock n' Roll. It is an extreme variation from his previous work.

My brother picked that up the other day, actually. Though I haven't really listened to it, what I heard is definitely quite good.

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 08:56 PM
yeah, ryan adams is an awesome songwriter, his songs vary so much from each other, yet they all remain great quality.

Great stuff.

(but billy corgan is better! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

BlackRose
Jun 20, 2004, 10:27 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

...I just recently slipped in Metallica's Black Album for the first time in a long time... damn, that's a good album. Especially in that situation. Know all the songs, but haven't heard them in a few years. mmm....

Other than that, recent infatuations include: Wagner, Prokofiev, Tool, music from Phantom Crash and
a version of Sakura played on electric mandolins.

AUTO_
Jun 21, 2004, 03:31 AM
Instead of making a huge list that you probably don't wanna bother reading through, just take my word for it and buy:

The Mars Volta: De-loused in the Comatorium

www.themarsvolta.com

They're progressive rock, but there's no sense in putting a label on it--they just kick ass no matter how you dice it.

Click these (off their website) to hear a few of their songs:

Inertiatic ESP (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/01_ineritatic.asx)

and

Drunkship of Lanterns (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/05_drunkship_of_lanterns.asx)

and lastly

Televators (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/televators/02televators.asx)

PS sorry mods I don't think this goes against any rules if off their website?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-06-21 01:48 ]</font>

HotWaterDeath
Jun 21, 2004, 03:49 AM
On 2004-06-20 11:33, Madzozs wrote:
HotWaterDeath, I like your taste in music. I rarely see people mention the almighty Jawbreaker.

Why thank you, Madzozs. Its a shame that more people aren't into them (An even bigger shame that they aren't around anymore). Everyone should at least check them out, as the legacy of Mr. Schwarzenbach is one that has influenced countless bands, and will countinue to do so on account of its all-around goodness.

Nai_Calus
Jun 21, 2004, 04:16 AM
What are albums?

Meh, I'll give you the tracklisting for what would be my current mix CD if I had a CD player in my car:

Onmyouza - Hotaru
Psycho le Cemu - Michi no Sora
Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk
Jade - 1000 Words(Orchestrated)
MYU - Nameless
Gackt - Secret Garden
Annie Lennox(Lord of the Rings Return of the King soundtrack) - Into The West
Aerosmith - Janie Got A Gun
Psycho le Cemu - Kono Hoshi ni Negai o...
Jack Wall(MYST III: Exile soundtrack) - Theme from Amateria
Naoki whatever name he was using at the time - L'amour et la Liberte
Psycho le Cemu - Aquaria
Phantasy Star Online - Leavin Flow
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Motto Suteki na Asa ga Kuru yo
Hamasaki Ayumi - Evolution

Yeah, I like Psycho le Cemu a lot. XP Deal. XP

Outrider
Jun 21, 2004, 02:40 PM
Just some additions:

I've gotten into an emo mode (but in a good way!) recently, so I'd like to throw some Dashboard into the mix. Either A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar or their first album, The Swiss Army Romance.

I also really really want to get a hold of the first Third Eye Blind album, but it's somewhere in my brother's car along with pretty much every other CD we own, so uh... yeah. But that is an example of how to make the perfect album.

space_butler
Jun 22, 2004, 06:53 AM
scarling are good! theres some stuff on thier site http://www.scarling.net/music/index.php but you now need to sign up or something...

Innervision
Jun 22, 2004, 08:31 PM
On 2004-06-22 04:53, space_butler wrote:
scarling are good! theres some stuff on thier site http://www.scarling.net/music/index.php but you now need to sign up or something...

Oooh, I've been wanting to check out Scarling, but last time I looked (awhile ago...) they hadn't released anything. They have the lead singer from Jack Off Jill in the group, right?

As of now, I'm listening to all of Nirvana's albums, but before that I've been skipping around between Chevelle, Lacuna Coil, Snake River Conspiracy, Jack Off Jill, Royksopp, and Cold.

EDIT: The board won't let me put the letter o with the double dotted accent mark needed over the first o in Royksopp...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Innervision on 2004-06-22 18:34 ]</font>

agenevil
Jun 22, 2004, 11:03 PM
Nine inch nails - pretty hate machine
Nine inch nails - the fragile
All other nine inch nails
Aphex Twin - windowlicker
Velvet Revolver- contraband
Paul oakenfold - great wall
Random songs submitted to dnbscene.com

DarthFomar
Jun 22, 2004, 11:13 PM
On 2004-06-18 17:20, Solstis wrote:
Well, I feel like buying a cd (I get these urges every now and then), and I was wondering about what cds people love listening to.

My favs:

Disturbed
System of A Down
Star Wars Soundtracks
Kill Bill vol 1 Soundtrack
And whatever's on the radio from time to time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

lain2k3
Jun 23, 2004, 03:19 AM
On 2004-06-22 18:31, Innervision wrote:

On 2004-06-22 04:53, space_butler wrote:

Oooh, I've been wanting to check out Scarling, but last time I looked (awhile ago...) they hadn't released anything. They have the lead singer from Jack Off Jill in the group, right?

As of now, I'm listening to all of Nirvana's albums, but before that I've been skipping around between Chevelle, Lacuna Coil, Snake River Conspiracy, Jack Off Jill, Royksopp, and Cold.

EDIT: The board won't let me put the letter o with the double dotted accent mark needed over the first o in Royksopp...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Innervision on 2004-06-22 18:34 ]</font>

w00t. lacuna coil is pretty good. =)

Rainbowlemon
Jun 23, 2004, 07:01 AM
My fav's ATM (They change so often, I''m one of those people that like every type of music http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Enya - 'Only Time' Compilation

James Brown - 'Greatest Hits'

Alanis Morisette - 'Under Rug Swept'

'StreetVibes 8'

Spooks - 'S.I.O.S.O.S'

space_butler
Jun 23, 2004, 11:53 AM
On 2004-06-22 18:31, Innervision wrote:

yea thats jesika from joj in the group. ive got thier album and its damn good, think ill buy the new single soonish..

InfinityXXX
Jun 23, 2004, 04:10 PM
The diary of Alicia Keys
Crazy in love-Beyonce
Mood Ring- Mya
Chocolate Factory-R.Kelly

Solstis
Jun 23, 2004, 04:26 PM
*wanders in*

Ooh, I'll be checking these out, thanks for the tips guys!

Saciel
Jun 23, 2004, 04:38 PM
Reel Big Fish - Cheer up
Barenaked Ladies - Gordon
Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
Guilty Gear XX ost
Goldfinger - Hangups
Aquabats - The return of.
Aquabats - Myths, Legends and Other

...just a whee selection, meh, I dunno my taste of music is not the norm... throw in some Bowie... some Queen and a bit of Adam Ant and Madness for good measure... put in a blender and serve with a dash of Tears for Fears and some Simple Minds on the side

AUTO_
Jun 23, 2004, 04:42 PM
On 2004-06-23 14:26, Solstis wrote:
*wanders in*

Ooh, I'll be checking these out, thanks for the tips guys!

Inertiatic ESP (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/01_ineritatic.asx)

Drunkship of Lanterns (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/05_drunkship_of_lanterns.asx)

Televators (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/themarsvolta/audio/televators/02televators.asx)

All performed by The Mars Volta (http://www.marsvolta.com)

Buy the CD, become enlightened, play pong with Buddha.

EDIT--BTW those songs are from Windows Media...if you have Real Player go to the website (marsvolta.com) and go to songs then click on the RM option...just thought I'd clear that up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-06-23 14:44 ]</font>

HotWaterDeath
Jun 24, 2004, 03:10 AM
On 2004-06-23 14:38, Saciel wrote:
Reel Big Fish - Cheer up
Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
Guilty Gear XX ost
Goldfinger - Hangups

Nice!

I guess I'm a sucker for zany, Mormon, Devo-ska. Its just too bad the Aqua Cadet Brigade never graces NC with its presence.

space_butler
Jun 24, 2004, 07:19 AM
jack off jill- humid teenage mediocrity

ok I just got this album an hour or 2 ago, but it rules, its all the stuff they did before sexless demons and scars, so you get demo versions of things like my cat and girlscout...(if you know what im on about then go get this, if not then get it anyway)

Outrider
Jun 25, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-06-24 01:10, HotWaterDeath wrote:

On 2004-06-23 14:38, Saciel wrote:
Reel Big Fish - Cheer up
Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
Guilty Gear XX ost
Goldfinger - Hangups

Nice!

I guess I'm a sucker for zany, Mormon, Devo-ska. Its just too bad the Aqua Cadet Brigade never graces NC with its presence.

Whoa, I completely missed any mention of the Aquabats. Those guys are awesome.

Myopathy
Jun 25, 2004, 01:33 AM
On 2004-06-18 17:20, Solstis wrote:

My current faves:

Audioslave
Hoobastank: The Reason
Maroon 5: Songs for Jane
Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head (not so much Parachutes)

Any ideas fellas/gals?

Sugarcult - Start Static and/or Palm Trees and Powerlines
American Hi-Fi - American Hi-Fi
Velvet Revolver - Contraband (If you were a STP or GNR fan, it's got both band's sound in there)

I personally have heard Maroon 5's album a lot, and I'm not too impressed. I liked the singles and maybe 1 or 2 other songs, but they others were not impressionable. Hoobastank always seems to have good singles, but they always seem to get old relatively quickly. This new one is better than their last one though. I don't think I'd ever buy an album by them, but I like their music. I've thought many times to get the new Coldplay. Coldplay had some really good singles, but I listened to some of the other tracks and they weren't nearly as good.

Guile
Jun 25, 2004, 04:34 AM
On 2004-06-18 19:47, LostHero wrote:
If you like rap: Immortal Technique

That fool is the shit, he raps about real life stuff..

Lately just been listening to The Chronic, Benefit, and Living Legends - Creative Differences but outside of rap Mars Volta and 311 - 311 have been good for me.