PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely essential Sec. IDs

Toxic
Jun 18, 2004, 10:30 PM
I've been trying to narrow my character list down as small as possible, especially since I'm moving to the GC and don't want to have to buy an extra card, and based STRICTLY on the exclusives, I think I'm nearly done.

Skyly HUcaseal
Purplenum RAmar
Pinkal FOnewm
Viridia RAcast
Redria FOnewearl
Whitill RAcaseal

The exclusives (besides the cards, obviously) are: Greenil gives the Flame Garment, Yas3000-R, DB's Sword AUW 3062; Bluefull gives the Imperial Pick, HP/Revival, Flowen's Sword AUW 3067; Yellowboze gets DB's Sword AUW 3075, Flowen's Sword AUW 3075; and Oran gets Prophets of Motav, Twin Chakram, DB's Sword AUW 3070, Flowen's Sword AUW 3083.

IMO, the only notables are the Flame Garment, Imperial Pick, Prophets of Motav, and the Yas3000-R. Since other ID's find comparable rares, trading would be fairly easy; it's the drops that I worry about.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm going to be getting my GC on monday and I want to start with the essentials first before I have to move to another card.

EDIT: I should probably mention that if I was going to utilize those 4, the classes would be as follows:
Yellowboze HUcast
Bluefull FOmar
Oran HUnewearl
Greenil RAmarl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toxic on 2004-06-18 21:10 ]</font>

ViewtifulJoe
Jun 19, 2004, 01:09 AM
Skyly! It's the best ID ever and I don't have one and my friend does and it makes me mad. (Sealed J-Sword, Chain Sawd [very easy] and Red Sword [not exclusive, but easier than the other ID's])

Quo
Jun 19, 2004, 01:31 AM
I would ditch the pinkal and the viridia. Pinkal sucks. Pinkal. Flat. Sucks.

Eihwaz
Jun 19, 2004, 01:34 AM
If you were going to go with just 4 IDs, it's not a hard choice: Redria, Whitill, Purplenum, and Yellowboze.

That's my setup on Blue Burst, except I have a Skyly instead of Whitill. -__-

Redria gives super armor, units, and many weapons. For instance, Guard Wave or DF Field are better than Flame Garment.

Whitill has nice HUnter and RAnger stuff, and some good gear for FOrces. It has an easy Red Partisan, which is stronger statistically than the Imperial Pick.

Purplenum is excellent for RAngers especially. With a bit of work with Purplenum, you can get the Psycho Wand, which is just as useful as Prophets of Motav, perhaps moreso. And the Yasminkov9000M > Yasminkov3000R. It just plain owns it. Besides, Mechguns > Rifles most of the time.

Yellowboze is just about good for any character. It has a supposedly easy (ask lain2k3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif) Luminous Field, which is better than Flame Garment.

Oh well, Skyly could replace Yellowboze if you wanted to, I suppose. It's great with HUnter weapons, not so good for much else.

And the IDs for characters doesn't matter much, since you're gonna be trading anyway, but I'd go with:

Redria HUnewearl
Whitill HUcast
Purplenum RAmarl
Yellowboze FOmar

Quo is right; Pinkal sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-06-18 23:47 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Jun 19, 2004, 02:08 AM
On 2004-06-18 23:34, Eihwaz wrote:
If you were going to go with just 4 IDs, it's not a hard choice: Redria, Whitill, Purplenum, and Yellowboze.

Agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Those four IDs work miracles when put together.

[...] except I have a Skyly instead of Whitill. -__-

I deleted my yellowboze to make room for a Skyly. I really think you could do without a Skyly although the ID really is quite awesome for the swords.

And yes, Eihwaz, I know I said I was going to sleep... but I opted for the sofa instead of the bed and Return of the Jedi suddenly got good on me, so here I am, still awake.
Still... Trout > Lightsaber anyday
me---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif <---Darth Vader

Toxic
Jun 19, 2004, 03:15 AM
I knew I was going with Purplenum, thanks for confirming that.

I would go with a Hunny, but I have an impossible time getting thier stats to max out at level 200. I either have to neglect all others and go for ATP and MST, or pick one and even out all the others. It's a hell of a time, even for me.

The exclusives of a Skyly make me happy in the pants, and I just can't help myself. Redria is good for everything, no complaints there. I always thought that since Yellowboze had an equal chance at everything, it negated better-than average odds for certain items. Has that changed since DC?

I'm really partial to androids, so I'll probably end up going with this:
Purplenum RAmar
Whitill RAcaseal
Yellowboze FOnewm
Redria HUcaseal

Hrith
Jun 19, 2004, 03:23 AM
In order I say:
Whitill
Purplenum
Redria

if you have those three, all others are ok, then

I suggest Viridia, because it finds the knack
PROOF:
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/thousandvisit.png

Ketchup345
Jun 19, 2004, 07:18 AM
On 2004-06-19 01:15, Toxic wrote:
I'm really partial to androids, so I'll probably end up going with this:
Purplenum RAmar
Whitill RAcaseal
Yellowboze FOnewm
Redria HUcaseal

I disagree. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you don't mind piping, having a Redria Android and no fleshie that is a Redria, you will go insane piping for some items (come on, you know you are going to try to get a Lavis).

If those are your 4 characters:
Purplenum RAmarl
Whitill RAcaseal
Yellowboze HUcaseal
Redria FOnewm

Luis
Jun 19, 2004, 11:06 AM
there is something that pinkal is good for, thats the best Id for find disk techs, easy to find, and faster than you can get a high lvl tech like (grants or megid) if you are a force

Cryo_
Jun 19, 2004, 11:16 AM
Stop spreading that rumour around, that is FALSE.
Pinkpal doesnt find better tech disks.

LoreSeeker
Jun 19, 2004, 11:19 AM
On 2004-06-19 09:06, Luis wrote:
there is something that pinkal is good for, thats the best Id for find disk techs, easy to find, and faster than you can get a high lvl tech like (grants or megid) if you are a force

Yes, but quite franky, that's just about all it's good for. It makes a decent ID for FOs alone, but even so, there are plenty of other preferable IDs.

Ketchup345
Jun 19, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-06-19 09:19, LoreSeeker wrote:

Yes, but quite franky, that's just about all it's good for. It makes a decent ID for FOs alone, but even so, there are plenty of other preferable IDs.

Both of you are wrong. PINKAL DOES NOT FIND MORE/HIGHER LEVEL TECH DISKS!

Before you post again, please read this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=69992&forum=7&10)thoroughly.
> Luis & LoreSeeker

Armok
Jun 19, 2004, 12:18 PM
Personally experince on my Ult ids goes (based on items I deam worthy of mention)

Skyly
lv 155 exp gave 1 red sword, 2 red daggers, 6 chainsawbs, 1 red slicer, 1 demo comet, sacred guard, twin brand, god hand and 1 sting tip
Rating not too bad bit hunter based though

Redria
lv 130 exp gave 2 red sword, 1 df field, 3 god ability, 1 spread needle, 1 electro frame, Magic rock Moola, 4 god body, 6 sacred cloth and 1 red slicer
Brilliant drops everything I want really quick

Purpleum
lv 115 exp gave 2 Yasminkov 9000M, 1 kasumi Braclet, 1 red handgun, 1 sacred cloth, 1 elysion and 2 windmill
Again really good drops

Whitill
lv 114 exp gave 1 red handgun, 2 meteor cudgel, 1 red partisan and 1 Asuka
Not bad drops sure there was more but oldish character

In my opinion it goes
1. Redria (god battle nuff said)
2. Purpleum (everything a amazing ranger needs)
3. Skyly (all your hunter needs)
4. Whitill (mis stuff alrounder drops)

Rest of ids after these ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-06-19 10:37 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 19, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-06-19 01:23, Kef wrote:
I suggest Viridia, because it finds the knack
PROOF:
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/thousandvisit.png

Hahas. While doing a Ruins run, I was thinking about what it'd be like to find, "The Knack."

Then a Merlan dropped a Red Box. Haha, nice job Photon Drop for screwing me over >_<

Actually, being offline for 6 months, I've hardly got ANYTHING to show for it. That's where most of the frustration comes in (Spread Needle, 2 Red Slicers, Red Scorpio, DF Field... and weirdest of all, a shitload of Photon Drops o_O funny, sicne when I WAS online, PDs were so rare >_<)

EDIT: And to make it worse, my friend just IMed me and said he'd fouond a pair of Red Mechies. >__<

Anyways, back on topic

1. Redria (Armor = Important)
2. Whitill/Yellowboze
3. Purplenum (Ranger ID)
4. Skyly (Hunter ID)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-06-19 12:35 ]</font>

Luis
Jun 19, 2004, 11:20 PM
On 2004-06-19 09:32, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-19 09:19, LoreSeeker wrote:

Both of you are wrong. PINKAL DOES NOT FIND MORE/HIGHER LEVEL TECH DISKS!

Before you post again, please read this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=69992&forum=7&10)thoroughly.
> Luis & LoreSeeker

ok, did read what you told me to read, and i read what sounomi said about the testing of tech disk on pinkal, well a good proven test will be "decode/debug" the PSO code, and see how is programmed, a example of program may be

if Id = Pinkal then Tech(Class).Probability > 0.5% else Tech(Class).Probability < 0.5%

that just and example of the line that will prove the theory, and thats the only way to prove it because if you are going to spend time on drops, the luck will became a factor and we cant prove something with luck, we want exact prove of how it works.

also guides HERE on this webpage qualify pinkal as the best Disk Tech finder for example the jack id guide

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1239

also on this guide says the same

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=306

Before you reply this message the code line was just an a example thats does not mean i got the code or whatever you may think about it, its just HOW you can find the id drops. and please if you reply try to quote the idea not a sentence, its just exchanging opinions without a fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luis on 2004-06-19 21:24 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 01:25 AM
OMGWTFBBQ.

Kef returns.

Whitill, purplenum, and redria > all else.

The other should be either viridia, yellowboze, or skyly. I prefer yellowboze as for statistical drops, but Its been more than a bit unfair to me.

And Eihwaz, you're a bastard, you know that? ;p

PJ
Jun 20, 2004, 08:24 AM
After reading all the posts more closely...

On 2004-06-19 10:18, Armok wrote:
Purpleum
lv 115 exp gave 2 Yasminkov 9000M, 1 kasumi Braclet, 1 red handgun, 1 sacred cloth, 1 elysion and 2 windmill
Again really good drops

Armok:

I hate you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

No, serioulsy. 2 Yasminkov 9000M? 2 Windmills?

For a LONG time I have been playing my Purplenum FOmar through the Temple. BTW, I HATE the Temple. And that was just for the Windmill. Ah yes... of all the stages, Purplenum Temple has probably pissed me off the most...

Not only did it take 9 Mil Lilies for my Windmill, but during those runs I never got any Yasminkovs, or Kamui... or anything that was good for that matter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And in between hunting Hildetorrs with Pinkal (Berdysh), with no sightings of a Hildetorr, I do a random run through Temple with my Purplenum FOmar and... wham! Hildetorr. Even drops its rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif (And keeping in mind it took me 3 Pinkal Hildetorrs for my Berdysh >_<)

On 2004-06-19 23:25, lain2k3 wrote:
OMGWTFBBQ

If you aren't gonna use that, can I put that in my mood? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SJ
Jun 20, 2004, 08:46 AM
On 2004-06-19 10:18, Armok wrote:
Personally experince on my Ult ids goes (based on items I deam worthy of mention)

Skyly
lv 155 exp gave 1 red sword, 2 red daggers, 6 chainsawbs, 1 red slicer, 1 demo comet, sacred guard, twin brand, god hand and 1 sting tip
Rating not too bad bit hunter based though

Redria
lv 130 exp gave 2 red sword, 1 df field, 3 god ability, 1 spread needle, 1 electro frame, Magic rock Moola, 4 god body, 6 sacred cloth and 1 red slicer
Brilliant drops everything I want really quick

Purpleum
Again really good drops

Whitill
lv 114 exp gave 1 red handgun, 2 meteor cudgel, 1 red partisan and 1 Asuka
Not bad drops sure there was more but oldish character

In my opinion it goes
1. Redria (god battle nuff said)
2. Purpleum (everything a amazing ranger needs)
3. Skyly (all your hunter needs)
4. Whitill (mis stuff alrounder drops)

Rest of ids after these ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-06-19 10:37 ]</font>

Well ur drops kickass.
But just to shove it in ur face, I found a Milla at lv 87 lol

Ketchup345
Jun 20, 2004, 09:37 AM
On 2004-06-19 21:20, Luis wrote:
ok, did read what you told me to read, and i read what sounomi said about the testing of tech disk on pinkal, well a good proven test will be "decode/debug" the PSO code, and see how is programmed, a example of program may be

if Id = Pinkal then Tech(Class).Probability > 0.5% else Tech(Class).Probability < 0.5%

that just and example of the line that will prove the theory, and thats the only way to prove it because if you are going to spend time on drops, the luck will became a factor and we cant prove something with luck, we want exact prove of how it works.

also guides HERE on this webpage qualify pinkal as the best Disk Tech finder for example the jack id guide

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1239

also on this guide says the same

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=306

Before you reply this message the code line was just an a example thats does not mean i got the code or whatever you may think about it, its just HOW you can find the id drops. and please if you reply try to quote the idea not a sentence, its just exchanging opinions without a fight.

OIh, you must not have been around long enough then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sou has done several things with the games code, such as the rare drop rates, and tech disk frequency. She did not find anything that says Pinkal finds more/higher level tech disks. She found that all IDs find the same level tech disks at the same frequency.

About those guides:
Some guides on this site are recycled from the DC version, and contain wrong info. Also, they may have been written when there was no game data proof out about the tech findings, and still believe the roumers that Pinkal finds them at higher levels. Some guides on this site aren't relevent. Also, those guides still say that certain IDs find certain materials more often than others, which was also proven false by game data. Not every guide on this site is reliable, or up to date.

Luis
Jun 20, 2004, 10:31 AM
thats cool and nice, and i would agree with you, but one question, where is the code that Sou tested, and why those guides still up on this webpage without a update, of course what u can expect if everyone thats doest know Sou check on this web pages the guides, and if there isnt any note on the guides, people will trust what this guides says, and is not their fault its just BAD information.

just dont post the information in a forum, made a guide a put it "new guide", and thats how you can notice that to the people.

Luis
Jun 20, 2004, 10:34 AM
oh by the way, there is a side where Sou (i dont know her) have the programming code available??

Ketchup345
Jun 20, 2004, 10:40 AM
On 2004-06-20 08:31, Luis wrote:
thats cool and nice, and i would agree with you, but one question, where is the code that Sou tested, and why those guides still up on this webpage without a update, of course what u can expect if everyone thats doest know Sou check on this web pages the guides, and if there isnt any note on the guides, people will trust what this guides says, and is not their fault its just BAD information.

just dont post the information in a forum, made a guide a put it "new guide", and thats how you can notice that to the people.

Those guides really should be updated.

Sou somehow got the code onto her computor (I don't know exactly how, but it is possible). She then somehow was able to be able to tell where each part started, and what it meant. Don't ask me for further details, PM Sou (if she ever still comes here).

I'm sure you can Google at least parts of the code, and possibly the whole thing.

Luis
Jun 20, 2004, 11:10 AM
i know how, even i can decode or debug the code with visual studio.net (C/C++, Java, C#, Visual Basic) lots of tools there, i got the quake code =), but what i need is to get a gamecube size DvD reader, or if i can get my hands on a xbox DvD, and since i dont have those i am with my hands tied, but if i get it i will and belive me if i can do that i will post a web page with that data.

Toxic
Jun 22, 2004, 10:40 PM
Alright, I made a Whitill RAcaseal already, since I know that's not changing. Now I need classes for the other three.

I was thinking a FOnewm for Yellowboze and a Ranger for Purplenum, but I don't want to go double FO for Redria. Yellowboze needs to have a strong class that can troll around in Ult. Ruins no problem, and I have no idea what to go with other than a FO.

Pistons2010
Jun 22, 2004, 11:32 PM
Skyly is the best ID for HUmar because u get alot of sword and daggers and weapons HUmars use.

lain2k3
Jun 23, 2004, 02:42 AM
On 2004-06-22 21:32, Pistons2010 wrote:
Skyly is the best ID for HUmar because u get alot of sword and daggers and weapons HUmars use.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

I hate it when people neglect page after page of information placed in front of them.

oh well, at least he knows how to spell 'weapon'

Eihwaz
Jun 23, 2004, 02:56 AM
On 2004-06-19 23:25, lain2k3 wrote:
OMGWTFBBQ.

Kef returns.

Whitill, purplenum, and redria > all else.

The other should be either viridia, yellowboze, or skyly. I prefer yellowboze as for statistical drops, but Its been more than a bit unfair to me.

And Eihwaz, you're a bastard, you know that? ;p

Agreed. I would much rather have Redria on a HUmar than Skyly. -__-;

Oh well, at least Skyly has some good finds, and it can make Rati. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You forgot to mention that I'm a evil bastard. Mwahahaha.

AquaFlare7
Jun 23, 2004, 05:15 AM
narrow to 4 eh? Do what I'm doing for blue burst. Choose your top 3 ID's, spread them across one of each character type, and leave the last slot open for temporary ID excavations. If you go online it isnt as big of a deal since the ID is dependant on the leader alone.

Fyrin
Jun 23, 2004, 07:16 AM
Pinkal is the best section ID because you can find all the techniques disks faster than with any other section I.D.

lain2k3
Jun 23, 2004, 07:48 AM
On 2004-06-23 05:16, Fyrin wrote:
Pinkal is the best section ID because you can find all the techniques disks faster than with any other section I.D.

No, it doesnt, now stop spreading bullshit across this site.