PDA

View Full Version : A night of milestones and legit wannabes.....

eatschildren
Jun 19, 2004, 06:45 AM
Tonight My First character reached 100, yay to me, 100 more to go. While travelign through the caves right before i hit 100 i killed a crimson assassin and recieved some Red Daggers 0/25/15/0/0 , I think im gonna add percents to it for awhile, i love daggers. My new mag finnally maxed out, i am the proud owner of a 5/125/70/0 Pushan, yay its a cute butterfly with a white tummy on a big android. Now onto my legit wannabes story....

SO i was cruising aroudn, no one on the legit servers so i cruised over to apatite to maybe do a coupel TTF with soem non legits for soem easy exp. But wehn i get tehre i get a legit only game on ultimate with a slot open, lucky me. I go in, there in the caves, i join them, they are between 94 and 105. All of them seem decently uber yet they didnt seem to know alot about the game with led me to believe these where there only characters (they thought luck helped drop rares). After a few minutes i noticed one had a chao mag and one had a Devil tail mag.....hmmmm they coudl be legit...maybe. But then somthign else happened, there switching aroudn weapons alot, good weapons, then one of them mentions he has a J sword and hes not using it..he mentioned gettign it earlier.....he also admitted to being a purplenum. Then the other one chims in with oh yeah ive gotten a couple of those, i jsut gave em away. Then one is looking through his bank and listing off his mags for the other guy and he lists off almost every mag cell mag there is, also known as the mags people hack, like devil wings, angelwings and other things, thats when i realise these guys are not legit, they just use weapons without high percents and they consider themselves legit. WHy do people claim to be legit just casue they dotn use high percent weapons? ITs really sad.

RFB
Jun 19, 2004, 06:59 AM
My "wrong forum" senses are tingling... I feel this will get moved to "cheaters".

And well, there is many people that has a veery wrong vision of legitness. Bleh. To hell with them.

Smelly_Hippie
Jun 19, 2004, 07:00 AM
I know what you mean.

The worst thing is when you make a legit game, unlegits join the game, you tell tell them that this is a legits game, and they get pissed off and says that their BKB and J-swords with like 300 percents is something they found and they dont leave the game, so you have to make a new one... It happens all the time to me.

Siris
Jun 19, 2004, 06:29 PM
Maybe they don't know any better? Many people who are new to the game get filled up with hacks and dupes and don't understand what the whole legit/nonlegit thing is until someone explains it to them.

Sitka
Jun 19, 2004, 10:47 PM
A agree with Siris.

Most noobs I come across simply don't understand the basics of PSO play.

I played with a chap the other night who was a decent enough sort, but he was playing pretty poorly and the other folks were giving him a real hard time.

Finally, he chattered back "my other character is a level 190 Hucast." HOLY SHIT. The flood gates opened and now the other players really gave him the what for as he had obviously recoboxed like hell or used a mod chip trick, because he had no frickin clue how to play.

Outside of the game, I had a chat with this fellow and he felt real bad. He truly didn't know any better, having played with some of the folks on Apatite, he thought this was how everybody played.

I gave him a decent mag, some decent weps/items and suggested he play legit and learn what the game is really all about.

Honestly, I've actually seen quite a few younger players who were eager to try and play legit - it's just that no one wanted to bother to expain why it was important and was willing to help them out.

If more of us showed a bit of patience and took the time to explain things a bit, maybe the community could grow and stay alive for a while. That's what I want: enough people around for a while so that there are fun people to play with.

To be brutally honest, some of the high level "legits" are really the biggest assholes on PSO. I respect their game and feel they have earned the right to feel the way they do about the cheating/duping/hacking, but I don't like the way they aggressively flame everyone who doesn't play or know enough to play as well as they do.

Just my opinion, of course.

HiroX
Jun 19, 2004, 11:04 PM
Yeah, some of the more legit people can be pretty harsh, like someone we know, but you should avoid them. Try Dav10 if you're on Xbox. Always a good place to find pretty nice, legit players.

Then of course there are legits who act like complete n00bs. Sitka knows who I'm talking about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

But anyway, yeah, you should avoid Apatite. As soon as I get back my PSO connection, i'll play with you and do basically anything.

ZangBa
Oct 2, 2004, 06:55 PM
i agree with sitka aswell. hey wat about if we make a team sitka. a team that helps the new and trys to help them become legit.

Corey
Oct 2, 2004, 08:09 PM
woah kid.

no bumping D:

Mystil
Oct 3, 2004, 04:04 PM
For shame that I was not here for this thread.