PDA

View Full Version : Mags for FOs

beatnik09
Jun 19, 2004, 07:13 PM
I'm sure you guys see a lot of these posts but i need to no of a good mag tht a FO can raise into a rare ep 1 and 2 mag. plz tell me what mag this would be, if there is a guide on here, please point me to that site. and if there is no guide then please help me out in section ID and other things in this issue.

beatnik09
Jun 19, 2004, 07:16 PM
sorry i forgot to specify what class i need well either FOmars FOnewms or FOnewearl

thank you in advance

Ketchup345
Jun 19, 2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1305

Sato or Nidra.

For pure teching, I would go with a 50/0/0/150 (even though it will be a major pain to raise, I'm currently trying to make 2).

For melee:
5/135/60/0 or 5/125/70/0 Depending on God/Arm availibility.

beatnik09
Jun 19, 2004, 07:47 PM
Thank you

beatnik09
Jun 19, 2004, 08:04 PM
I see no guides for Nidra with 50 0 0 50, i need specific guides, not facts, then having to look around for what i need, i need a guide like dropslashes Rati guide which i used to make the Rati i now have, are there any out there?

Eanae
Jun 19, 2004, 08:12 PM
Look at some of the feeding charts. They can be quite helpfull for raising a rare mag to your specifications. look at what does what to a mag, and make sure you don't raise what you don't need. (screwed up a sato accidently http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Ketchup345
Jun 19, 2004, 08:28 PM
On 2004-06-19 18:04, beatnik09 wrote:
I see no guides for Nidra with 50 0 0 50, i need specific guides, not facts, then having to look around for what i need, i need a guide like dropslashes Rati guide which i used to make the Rati i now have, are there any out there?

For that, what I am doing is Monofluids until level 50. Then, I will raise the MIND to 50, using *fluids. After that, I will look for a combination of items that will keep the DEX, POW, and MIND from going up (by feeding in a cycle), until they even out to 50/0/0/50. It is possible, you just have to figure out a way.

I may write a guide on it when I work more on them this summer.

Eihwaz
Jun 19, 2004, 08:31 PM
On 2004-06-19 18:04, beatnik09 wrote:

Use VioletSkye's "Mind Rati Guide", but give the Mag to a FOnewm with Pinkal, Skyly, or Yellowboze ID. It will have stats of 5/0/45/50 at level 100.

And for Mag stats:

Something with at least 150 Mind for a casting FOrce, and something like Ketchup said for melee. Or you could try something a bit different if you have 2 God/Arms: 5/100/50/45.

PJ
Jun 19, 2004, 09:52 PM
On 2004-06-19 17:36, Ketchup345 wrote:
For melee:
5/135/60/0 or 5/125/70/0 Depending on God/Arm availibility.

If God/Arm(s) are available, that's a ridiculous amount of Dex to use http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 19, 2004, 10:04 PM
Ketchup doesn't know the ATA growth on FOs from a hole in the ground. >_>;;;

FOmar has rather adequate ATA growth.

FOmarl's is even better than his is. Neither needs more than 50 DEX + God/Arms.

50/0/0/150 is wasteful(50 DEF = 50 DFP, whoo) and too hard to raise to be worthwhile. Just go for 5/0/50/145 or 5/0/45/150 depending on class/ID. Much, MUCH easier to raise, and the DEX will help you use things like a Double Saber's Geist much more effectively. Geist Raygun + Hit + DEX = Happy FO.

So, for teching:

5/0/50/145 or 5/0/45/150

Melee:

5/145/50/0 or 5/150/45/0.

Hybrid mags are usually pointless except at very high levels designed to work toward maxing out stats at L200. Hybrid would be something like 5/100/50/45. Just pointless. Especially on a FO, who drowns in MST anyway.

anwserman
Jun 19, 2004, 10:16 PM
If you're making a melee FOnewearl, I'd seriously do this.

50 POW mats.
45 LCK mats.
Rest DEF mats.

Then put like 100 DEX on the mag and do the rest MIND. I screwed up my melee FOnewearl with bad planning.

You'll max her ATP out at level 200 with just 50 POW mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nayru
Jun 20, 2004, 04:20 AM
I have a Varaha with stats:
DEF 50
POW 0
DEX 0
MIND 150
I'm happy with it because it rises a lot of TP, but actually it does nothing else (reviveing me time to time wouldn't hurt you know...)
Maybe I'll rise myself a Mnd Rati in the future http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Xaos127
Jun 20, 2004, 07:35 AM
myne is 10/0/40/150, and ATA isn't that bad for any force really

PJ
Jun 20, 2004, 08:14 AM
On 2004-06-19 20:04, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hybrid mags are usually pointless except at very high levels designed to work toward maxing out stats at L200. Hybrid would be something like 5/100/50/45. Just pointless. Especially on a FO, who drowns in MST anyway.

Meh. It works fine for my melee FOnewearl, but only because of low max ATP.

Rati, 85 ATP, 90 MST
Her ATP is practically maxed, and now her MST is over 1000. She's level 117.

Unless you mean hybrid being a combiknation of all 4/the 3 useful ones, in which my brother is the king >_>;;;

He likes to mkae mags that'd be pointless to just about everyone. 50/50/50/50

He has 3 characters, his HUmar has a 50/50/50/50 Rati (But it does look cool... blue wings http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), and his FOnewm's Nidra has, oh, guess what, 50/50/50/50 @_@

His RAcast of course has no mind, but even Defense, Pow and Dex... Not only is Defense useless on a mag, but hard to raise aswell http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 20, 2004, 09:41 AM
On 2004-06-19 20:04, Ian-KunX wrote:
Ketchup doesn't know the ATA growth on FOs from a hole in the ground. >_>;;;

FOmar has rather adequate ATA growth.

FOmarl's is even better than his is. Neither needs more than 50 DEX + God/Arms.

Ian, I go by without as many God/Arms, I would rather sacrifice some POW on the Mag to be able to get away with one less God/Arm, which that slot can be used for something better (like the ability to survive Megid; or a Cure/* unit).

If I can be able to go without a God/Arm at all, I take the opportunity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-06-20 08:20 ]</font>

DOG21313
Jun 20, 2004, 10:09 AM
My FOmar has been maxed for quite a while with 42 dex and one God/Arm, 60-70 is WAY too much. His mag stats are 15/54/42/89, it is his stat maxing mag. He will have all stats maxed at level 200 =P

He has been maxed since probably level 120-130.

beatnik09
Jun 20, 2004, 11:18 AM
thanks guys, that sorta helped, im still a little unclear about it all, but i guess i could just raise it however i want, lol

Nai_Calus
Jun 20, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-06-20 07:41, Ketchup345 wrote:

Ian, I go by without as many God/Arms, I would rather sacrifice some POW on the Mag to be able to get away with one less God/Arm, which that slot can be used for something better (like the ability to survive Megid; or a Cure/* unit).

If I can be able to go without a God/Arm at all, I take the opportunity.

Megid is only truly encountered in a couple of areas, and is only a problem at ALL in Caves or Temple. Note that while you feel that raping your stats is fine, others do not feel this way.

And how many Cure/Units do you NEED? If I were to properly gear Zero who doesn't even bother with proper melee gear and melees anyway, he would have two slots free. One slot would go to a God/Arm that would get him about 3 ATA from max with just the 50 DEX on his Rati, and the other to a God/Battle.

And a melee Force, especially at lower levels, CANNOT afford to rape their stats, especially not the ATA and ATP they don't have in spades.

ATA is also much more effectively gained from units. A God/Arm is literally 30 levels of DEX. How is it more efficient to put it on your Mag? You need 80 DEX to equal the ATA gain from 50 levels of DEX and a God/Arm. Those 30 levels could go to giving you 60 ATP or 60 MST.

Also, I'd say Dog and I are a lot more qualified to address the issue of melee Forces than you are, considering that we actually have them in use and at reasonable(me)/good(Dog) levels... It's one thing to look at the stats, and another entirely to know what they mean. >_>; I used to do that a lot. Then I levelled my characters to semi-decent levels(Well, my RAmarl is still a low level. HUmar is vaguely decent, FOmar is decent) and actually learned something about how stats work. I know you want to be helpful, but unless you actually have knowledge in the area from experience, your advice is as likely to be incorrect as it is to be correct.

Ketchup345
Jun 20, 2004, 04:09 PM
On 2004-06-20 13:53, Ian-KunX wrote:
Megid is only truly encountered in a couple of areas, and is only a problem at ALL in Caves or Temple. Note that while you feel that raping your stats is fine, others do not feel this way.

And how many Cure/Units do you NEED? If I were to properly gear Zero who doesn't even bother with proper melee gear and melees anyway, he would have two slots free. One slot would go to a God/Arm that would get him about 3 ATA from max with just the 50 DEX on his Rati, and the other to a God/Battle.

And a melee Force, especially at lower levels, CANNOT afford to rape their stats, especially not the ATA and ATP they don't have in spades.

ATA is also much more effectively gained from units. A God/Arm is literally 30 levels of DEX. How is it more efficient to put it on your Mag? You need 80 DEX to equal the ATA gain from 50 levels of DEX and a God/Arm. Those 30 levels could go to giving you 60 ATP or 60 MST.

Also, I'd say Dog and I are a lot more qualified to address the issue of melee Forces than you are, considering that we actually have them in use and at reasonable(me)/good(Dog) levels... It's one thing to look at the stats, and another entirely to know what they mean. >_>; I used to do that a lot. Then I levelled my characters to semi-decent levels(Well, my RAmarl is still a low level. HUmar is vaguely decent, FOmar is decent) and actually learned something about how stats work. I know you want to be helpful, but unless you actually have knowledge in the area from experience, your advice is as likely to be incorrect as it is to be correct.

Cure/* and other important things that are useful by area:
Forest: Shock, Slow/Paral (these are rare, but do happen), EDK if Hildetorr hunting [2-4 units]
Cave: Paral, EDK [3-4 units]
Mine: Shock, Confuse, Slow [3 Cure/* units]
Ruins: Freeze, Confuse, Paral [3 Cure/* units]
Temple: Paral, EDK [3-4 units]
Spaceship: Paral (this are rare, but does happen), Slow [2 units]
Ga Da Val: Not sure
Seabed: Not sure
Tower: Not sure

And I believe it was you who said most stats are useless except for equipping things.

Lets see stats compared to 5/145/50/0
5/135/60/0: 10x2=20 ATP more on the 145 POW, fairly useless, will never really amount to one less hit needed, especially at higher levels
5/125/70/0: 20x2=40 ATP more on the 145 POW, still useless at higher levels

Being able to hit is more important than a few points of damage. If you can free up some armor slots by adding a little more DEX to your Mag, why not take that opportunity?

A few more points in DEX will not kill you, and will allow you to max your ATA a few levels earlier. That few ATP will not do anything for you really. God/Arm may be more efficent, but when it will save you so little ATP, it isn't worth it.

Saving Slot Units > A few points of ATP/MST (if it is a Melee Mag, MIND is wasted).

Having 10/20 extra DEX on your Mag is hardly "raping" their stats. These extra points of ATA will allow the user to take off one God/Arm, and either use an easier to get */Arm units, or equip something else that is useful in the area, and still be able to hit reliably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-06-20 14:15 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 05:07 PM
You either need 80 dex on your mag, or one more god/arm. either one is fine.

I would rather, personally, sacrifice ~40~ extra atp to gain the use of another cure/unit. But, the thing is, I dont have cure/slow, paralysis, or freeze.

So I end up going with the god/arm... (-_-);;

Nai_Calus
Jun 20, 2004, 05:08 PM
On 2004-06-20 14:09, Ketchup345 wrote:

Cure/* and other important things that are useful by area:
Forest: Shock, Slow/Paral (these are rare, but do happen), EDK if Hildetorr hunting [2-4 units]
Cave: Paral, EDK [3-4 units]
Mine: Shock, Confuse, Slow [3 Cure/* units]
Ruins: Freeze, Confuse, Paral [3 Cure/* units]
Temple: Paral, EDK [3-4 units]
Spaceship: Paral (this are rare, but does happen), Slow [2 units]
Ga Da Val: Not sure
Seabed: Not sure
Tower: Not sure

Forest: Shock only occurs when fighting Hildelts. Easily cured by Sol Atomizer. Slow is not an issue and is VERY easily cured by Anti. Paralysis does not happen. Hildetorr Megid is a high enough level to carry Scape Dolls. Note that out of the 17 or so Hildetorrs I have seen, I have yet to be killed by a single one, because I do sensible things like, say, not letting them spit it in the first place.

Caves: Paralysis is easily cured with Antiparalysis. Megid can be dodged or avoided entirely by keeping the Lillies busy.

Mines: Shock does not happen often. Cured by Sol Atomizer. Slow only happens if you let Gilchichs beat on you, and is cured easily with Anti. Confuse happens from traps and Sinows and is again cured easily by Anti. You forgot Freeze from Vol Opt Ver.2, incidentally, which is easily broken out of.

Ruins: Freeze happens only from freeze traps and Dark Falz, which are not that frequently encountered. The condition can be avoided entirely outside of Falz by the use of an android or trap visions, and wiggled out of easily if it does happen. Confuse comes from Belras, Bringers and traps and is easily Antied. Paralysis comes from traps and Belras and is easily cured by Antiparalysis. Note that it only comes from Belras if you are stupid. You forgot Poison, which is easily cured by Anti, and while you're busy being hysterical over Megid, you also forget that Gran Sorcerors have rather nasty Megid which is easily avoided.

Temple: See Caves. You forgot Freeze from traps, Poison from Barba Ray and Confuse from Belras. All of which are easily dealt with.

Spaceship: Slow is cured by Anti, Paralysis by Antiparalysis, you forgot Gran Sorceror Megid, Freeze /confuse traps and Shock and Freeze from Gol Dragon. All of these are easily dealt with.

Gal Da Val: Shock. Shock, more Shock. The only area in the game where I actually do put on a Cure/ unit. Also Slow from Gee, Jellen and Zalure and Confuse from Gi Gue, Poison from Meriltas... All easily dealt with.

Seabed: Freeze from traps, Deldepths and Zoa/Zeles. Megid from Deldepth. Confuse, Shock, Jellen/Zalure from Delbiter. Unique status from Dolmdarl. Etc. All easily dealt with.

Tower: See Seabed and Gal Da Val with the addition of Megid from Ill Gill and Del Lily, Shock and Freeze from Ill Gill and the cute tendancy of the Del Lily to knock you directly to 1 HP. Getting actually hit by anything but Delbiters and Gi Gue in Tower itself is incidentally a sign that you're not doing it right.

You do not actually NEED Cure units in any area but Mountain of Gal Da Val, and even then you can do it without them. The only units I would actually ever consider using are Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

Megid is avoidable.

Again, it may not seem like much, but the POW will not become useless for quite some time, whereas the DEX very quickly will become pointless and wasteful. And let's not forget that that extra 40 ATP will allow you to use good weapons that much sooner.

And wasting all those slots regardless of Mag stats is indeed raping over your stats. Where you have those three Cure units or four resist/devil, you could put the useful combination of a God/Battle, two God/Powers and a God/Arm, or two God/Arms and a God/Battle, or any number of other useful things. God/HP, anyone? Cure units don't do shit in, say, Tower, when someone shoots that Gi Gue while it has its shield up and 900 points of fixed damage kills you because you've got 880 HP and were too worried about the possibility of Shock from an Ill Gill or Megid from a Del Lily and didn't actually, y'know, THINK.

And again, you want wasteful, the 10 points that gives you 20 ATP gives you only 5 ATA. Again, you need 80 DEX to equal the effect of 50 DEX and one God/Arm. You need 110 DEX to equal the effect of 50 DEX and two God/Arms. By that time, you really ARE seriously effecting your stats. Again, how is God/Arm wasteful?

Your approach is the lazy approach. "I'm too lazy to actually think about AVOIDING these effects or dealing with them if they do happen, so I'll just let them happen, yawn." If it works for you, fine, but don't expect me to see it as anything but being too lazy to try to learn how to avoid or deal with things.

And stats are largely meaningless on HUs and RAs, but a melee FO needs to make the most of their ATP and ATA. Sure, a FOmar might be able to hit in Ruins with less than max ATA, but he'll be a lot more successful if he takes the extra slot or two to max his ATA instead of stupidly worrying about status effects he can deal with VERY easily and probably won't even get in the first place.

...And if Del Lily Megid kills you, you don't know how to play Tower, or you're screwing up if you do.

Ketchup345
Jun 20, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-06-20 15:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
You do not actually NEED Cure units in any area but Mountain of Gal Da Val, and even then you can do it without them. The only units I would actually ever consider using are Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

Megid is avoidable.

Again, it may not seem like much, but the POW will not become useless for quite some time, whereas the DEX very quickly will become pointless and wasteful. And let's not forget that that extra 40 ATP will allow you to use good weapons that much sooner.

And wasting all those slots regardless of Mag stats is indeed raping over your stats. Where you have those three Cure units or four resist/devil, you could put the useful combination of a God/Battle, two God/Powers and a God/Arm, or two God/Arms and a God/Battle, or any number of other useful things. God/HP, anyone? Cure units don't do shit in, say, Tower, when someone shoots that Gi Gue while it has its shield up and 900 points of fixed damage kills you because you've got 880 HP and were too worried about the possibility of Shock from an Ill Gill or Megid from a Del Lily and didn't actually, y'know, THINK.

And again, you want wasteful, the 10 points that gives you 20 ATP gives you only 5 ATA. Again, you need 80 DEX to equal the effect of 50 DEX and one God/Arm. You need 110 DEX to equal the effect of 50 DEX and two God/Arms. By that time, you really ARE seriously effecting your stats. Again, how is God/Arm wasteful?

Your approach is the lazy approach. "I'm too lazy to actually think about AVOIDING these effects or dealing with them if they do happen, so I'll just let them happen, yawn." If it works for you, fine, but don't expect me to see it as anything but being too lazy to try to learn how to avoid or deal with things.

And stats are largely meaningless on HUs and RAs, but a melee FO needs to make the most of their ATP and ATA. Sure, a FOmar might be able to hit in Ruins with less than max ATA, but he'll be a lot more successful if he takes the extra slot or two to max his ATA instead of stupidly worrying about status effects he can deal with VERY easily and probably won't even get in the first place.

...And if Del Lily Megid kills you, you don't know how to play Tower, or you're screwing up if you do.

1) Not everyone can dodge Megid porperly (how many people say tey do but always die by it at least once? Anyone who doesn't use enough EDK). Megid is dodgable, but there are times when it is IMPOSSIBLE TO DODGE, especially if the Lily spawns by having a key enemy killed, and you are handling the rest of a wave. This is true in teams and solo. Even the most experianced players fall to it.
2) You can't always use Anti, especially in the Mines with Sinows around. If you are unlucky and have the status ailments inflicted on you enough, you may be low on Sols.
3) Not everyone uses Trap Visions. Again, Megid isn't always avoidable, unless you have enough EDK.
4) 40 ATP is rarely going to make much of a difference in number of hits. Even at low level areas.
5) Extra ATA on a Mag will help you equip better guns earlier (such as Geist Raygun, or Inferno Bazooka, or Angel's Harp).
6) 5 ATA can still help, and it will help max ATA up to `0 levels sooner than without it.
7) God/Arm is wasteful when it can be switched for something that will help you live longer (such as God/HP or EDK). Also, when you don't need it because of your Mag's extra little DEX.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif 5 ATA is better than 20 ATP 99% of the time.
9) DEX is useless only when you are near Max, when you should be switching to a Max stat Mag anyway. POW is useless when you hit a fairly early point, since it takes very, very large amounts of ATP to reduce the number of hits.
10) Cure/Units aren't needed, but are preffered by some players, and are nice since they mean you don't have to waste a Sol Atomizer or cast Anti.
11) God/Battle is not a necesity. It is just nice to have, and helps a bit. It will not allow you to use less of an item like Cure/* units will do.
12) Your God/Arms can be used to pump up your HP when youneed it, and having more DEX on your Mag makes it less painful to take away.

Nai_Calus
Jun 20, 2004, 06:00 PM
Ketchup, are you reading a single fucking thing I'm writing? I don't think you are.

Extra ATA on your mag helps you use guns sooner? Yeah, no shit. Guess what a God/Arm does, and BETTER?

No, ATA can be maxed LONG before anything else. You should NOT be switching to your stat-maxing Mag when you near max ATA, particularily not if you're using God/Arms. A HUmar will max with two God/Arms and 52 DEX at L124. This is a bad example. The Mag with 52 DEX IS his maxing Mag - 7/141/52/0. Note that HUmar is the only class with a usable maxing Mag.

Not all classes get enough ATA with just DEX on their Mag. Sorry. ATA growth differs. LEARN THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. FOmarl has awesome ATA growth. FOnewm has shit ATA growth. Are they both going to get the same good out of a Mag with 70 DEX? No. No they are not. And if you're at a level where a God/Arm is worthwhile to use, the extra 10 ATA will not make the pain of getting rid of that God/Arm any less. It's still 5 ATA which as you noted is useful. If you need 15 ATA, why the shit are you going to lose 5 of it so you can be lazy and not need that Anti?

Oh, and personally I don't have any trouble casting Anti in a room full of Sinows. I don't know why you're having trouble.

Sorry, come back when you learn how to play. -_-;

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 08:44 PM
Sorry, Ian, but ketchup really does bring up good points.

Online forest, where there are 3-4 hildets at a time, is insanely difficult without cure/shock. Sol atomizers will get you nowhere in these situations, all they do is use a sol atomizer. Thats it, because you are shocked again with the same second.

In the the sinow room of ttf, no one besides male forces cxan cast techniques, and the can only do it unarmed. Freeze traps are the only way clear that room in a reasonable amount of time without cure/confuse and a male force to heal.

Cure/slow in mines is ESSENTIAl if you plan on using melee weapons in the mines, otherwise, you will spend more time casting anti than actually swinging the weapon.

The only thing i disagree with him about are god/battle and resist/devil. God/battle will allow you to finish comboes faster. Slow or akward combo animations are the only reasons I get hit by megid, and god/battle solves that most of the time. God/battle is better than resist/devil, flat out. And even more often, enemies hit me out of the way of megid, not keep me in its path http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 20, 2004, 09:34 PM
I find I don't usually have any problems with Hildelts. XP The Sinow room doesn't really irk me either. *shrug*

Then again, I do use a male FO. XP