View Full Version : How the max stats in v2 SHOULD have been

Uncle_bob
May 31, 2002, 07:23 PM
HUcast: Stats are fine
HUmar: ATA should be higher than the HUnewearl: hp should be slightly higher
RAcast: HP, DFP, and EVP shouldn't be higher than HU characters
RAmar: HP and EVP shouldn't be as high as it is
RAcaseal: HP and EVP are WAY too high for a Ranger
(FO's need slightly higher DFP than they do)
FOmarl: DFP and EVP should be higher than the other 2 Forces
Fonewm: DFP and EVP should be lower than a FOmarl, other stats are fine
FOnewearl: EVP should be lower and ATP should be higher

Enemies in Mines and Ruins need much much lower ATP and DFP. (Doing 50-75 damage with lvl 30 shifta and getting knocked down every hit is just bull shit)

This is just my opinion of how the max stats in v2 SHOULD have been. :|

saffaya
Jun 1, 2002, 09:54 AM
GC PSO is stated to have a revamp of all ingame stats.
So hopefully, it will have better balance than PSO DC v2.

Alisha
Jun 1, 2002, 10:05 AM
eheh hucast reeks of nerf me he badly needs his ata nerfed the only other change id make is allow force weaps to push a forces mst past it max

Malkavian
Jun 1, 2002, 11:37 AM
I don't agree in all that.
Basically fomarl higher dfp evp than other fo?? ¬_¬
Humar higher ata than hunewearl?

Well maybe the pso v2 stats aren't perfect but i like it more than pso v1 and i hope they improve the balance in next PSO

Zio
Jun 1, 2002, 12:44 PM
The monsters in Ultimate had WAY to much DFP, and not enough exp. Some characters needed a hacked super rare 60% with lv 30 shifta just to do reasonable damage in mines and ruins.

Parn
Jun 1, 2002, 01:32 PM
Um... ultimate mode is not meant to be easy at all. Difficult to clear the ruins? Good! If it was easy, then it wouldn't be an "ultimate" difficulty mode, now would it?

And, the line about needing a 60% weapon and level 30 shifta to clear the ruins effectively is bull. Forcers should be consistently using jellen and zalure in the ruins, or they're shitty forcers (cannot stand forcers that play like hunters... you want to swing your weapon around, play a hunter). You know those "crappy" Red weapons that people don't like because they're not RAREZ? They're actually quite strong, try them out some time when they're fully grinded to +90.

HUmar: ATA should be higher than the

I played a HUmar all the time, and if anything, their accuracy should be lowered. HUmars are muscle-bound morons, and nothing more.

HUnewearl: hp should be slightly higher

Look at a HUnewearl, and tell me that again, implying that she's going to be able to take a beating. If anything, their MST should have a bigger influence on tech effectiveness, or at least go up to level 20 techs. But a HP increase... no way.

Wrong. HP and DFP, definitely should be as high as it is. Just look at a RAcast. They are literally tanks. EVP though, I would agree with, they should have the worst EVP. I would boost RAcast attack power to compensate.

Why not? They don't have much else going for them.

No, it isn't. First off, RAcaseals are not organic, so they'd take less damage. That, and RAcaseals aren't exactly big hulking androids like RAcasts are, they should have excellent EVP.

No, they don't. What they need is for their MST to influence tech damage a lot more.

Yeah, because it's REAL easy to jump around and dodge things without trampling on that dress.

This is the only one I fully agree with. The FOnewm has ridiculously high defense, given the physical build of a newman. Someone that lanky can't possibly be that resistant to damage.

Nope. She's trained to use magic, and she's short to boot. NOT meant to be fighting hand-to-hand, period. Since she's small, that also makes it easier for her to avoid attack.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 1, 2002, 02:40 PM
It'd be really nice if speed was a factor. For example, HUnewearl would move the fastest among HUnters when carrying something like a saber but slow down if they're carrying a large sword. In contrast HUcast would be the slowest but wouldn't be affected much by carrying a sword. But, this is just one of many on my wish list for how the game would be http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2002-06-01 12:58 ]</font>

Parn
Jun 1, 2002, 02:54 PM
I'd say that may be something they'd consider in a PSO2, among other things. I just hope that if they do make a PSO2, that they retain the action-based combat system, since in my opinion, it's the sole reason why PSO is ahead of the other online RPGs and has retained my interest a lot longer. In my opinion of course.

All the skill-based elements of a standard MMORPG, mule-skill type characters to create items, and action-based combat.... that certainly would be a dream come true.

Greg169
Aug 13, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2002-05-31 17:23, Uncle_bob wrote:
HUcast: Stats are fine
HUmar: ATA should be higher than the HUnewearl: hp should be slightly higher

Enemies in Mines and Ruins need much much lower ATP and DFP. (Doing 50-75 damage with lvl 30 shifta and getting knocked down every hit is just bull shit)

This is just my opinion of how the max stats in v2 SHOULD have been. :|

What. You think Fonewearl need more ATP? No way. The whole point of Fonewearl are to use spells only. They have bad ATP and adding more to that would do nothing except temp people to use regulat attacks which is pointless because their spells are much stronger. other than that I agree with everything.

Twilite
Aug 13, 2006, 04:04 PM
I haven't been here long, but are four-year bumps allowed? This is referring to version 2, so that might explain the difference of opinion.

Fossil
Aug 13, 2006, 07:32 PM
Why would you dig back SO FAR in the forums to respond to topics with users that probably don't come here anymore? Seriously now.

Neith
Aug 14, 2006, 11:04 AM
Biggest necro-bump I have ever seen. Stop the madness.

Feelmirath
Aug 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
Holy crap, I didn't even know PSO existed back then O_o