PDA

View Full Version : GC: Ice and Frozen Status

Euseuse
Jun 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
I was just wondering how the state of being frozen is handled in the game. To put it more clearly, I was frozen by certain enemies' attacks at lower levels, but only damaged by the same attacks when I have returned after leveling. Is one frozen only if an ice attack does a minimum ammount of damage (making you immune at higher HP), or are there monsters/traps in the game that can freeze your lvl 100+ char regardless of his/her HP and resistance? Thanks!

Luis
Jun 20, 2004, 11:44 AM
the only thing that make you inmune to freeze is the Cure/Freeze unit, life, hp, defense doesnt make you inmune to freeze

lain2k3
Jun 20, 2004, 12:50 PM
Cure units and Resistances are the only things that affect freeze chances, along with the specific enemy.

you need 74 EIC, or cure/freeze to guaranteedley avoid freeze.

Keep in mind however, you will still take the damage from the attack with cure/freeze, whereas with 70+ EIC, you will not even take the damage.

Ahya
Jun 20, 2004, 02:15 PM
If u get frozen just tap the left analog stixck left and right to get free quicker

Solstis
Jun 20, 2004, 03:34 PM
On 2004-06-20 12:15, Ahya wrote:
If u get frozen just tap the left analog stixck left and right to get free quicker

I'll say it before anyone else does:

Resistances are important: cure freeze/wiggling ain't gonna do anythin' if yer dead.

There.

dark_agenda
Jun 20, 2004, 04:40 PM
Thank you, Solstis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ahya
Jun 21, 2004, 03:20 AM
On 2004-06-20 13:34, Solstis wrote:

On 2004-06-20 12:15, Ahya wrote:

I'll say it before anyone else does:

Resistances are important: cure freeze/wiggling ain't gonna do anythin' if yer dead.

There.

Your right.. haha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahya on 2004-06-21 01:30 ]</font>

SLON
Jun 21, 2004, 06:52 AM
If you are high level, resistances dont matter too much (ok, except dark resist). My current resistances are only: 10,0,0,15,15 and my HP are 1300 or so. I use Cure/Shock (very useful), Cure/Paralysis and Cure/Slow; the last two simply out of laziness! I have an Attribute Wall in my store but hardly ever use it. My current level is 183. I still have to avoid Megid, but I have so many scape dolls it's not a problem.

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 10:59 AM
Resistances are hella important online.

My hunewearl dies to ult. falz rabarta onine with 43 EIC and 1400 hp. I dont even get to see the darvants, just the rabarta kils me.

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 11:11 AM
Echo Lain.

My 187 Racast cannot survive the ice attack/darvant attack without cure freeze. I have tried, but I cannot wriggle my damn toggle stick fast enough to escape the ice, suck down a mate and run before the darvants take me down.

We had one battle the other day where he threw ice attack after ice attack - must have been about 12 or more in a row - no Rafoie, no Heaven's Punisher - just consecutive ice attacks. I survived them all with my cure freeze, but my partner was SOL after 10 because I ran out of moon atomizers. If he only had equipped a cure freeze ...

Cure freeze can also help in temple when you're hunting down the Yas 9000m in Purplenum (Red Assassins), against Vol Opt (Red pillars spewing ice) and against Sinow Zele (pretty important when multiple Delbiters, Morphos and Deldepths are chasing you).

I would put cure freeze as one of the most important items you can hunt down/equip - not for every situation - but for many.

SLON
Jun 22, 2004, 07:03 AM
Ok, if you are fighting Dark Falz or Olga in Ultimate on-line, then yes, it makes a big difference. Point taken. In general play, though, I still think it doesn't matter too much.

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 10:58 AM
no, it doesnt matter outside of bosses, and even then, the only one you have to wrry about EIC for is Vol opt v.2, dark falz, and gol dragon.