PDA

View Full Version : Neo Genesis Evangeleon

Swan
Jun 20, 2004, 11:52 AM
I got my hands on a DVD containing the last 3 epesodes of this show. It was pretty cool, but I was completely lost. Is anyone able to explain what was happening there and what I missed?

DarthFomar
Jun 20, 2004, 11:56 AM
Suggestion........buy the very first DVD.

Also go on the web *Amazon.com* and see if you can't get any middle episodes for a good price.

ABDUR101
Jun 20, 2004, 02:05 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion >=|

And obviously if you only watch the last three episodes of anything when there are about 26 or more, you'd be confused, expecially NGE.

Go buy the entire series(there's a new, digitally remastered release coming out, I think the first one or two DVD's are already out), as well as the two movies. The one, NGE: Death and Rebirth is like a two hour or so sumation of the entire series, but you'll still be damn confused if you haven't seen the series in itself(character development, plot, general idea of what the hell is going on). Then there's NGE: End of Evangelion, which offers a nice conclusion to the series.

..then there's the manga and all that.

navci
Jun 20, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-06-20 12:05, ABDUR101 wrote:
And obviously if you only watch the last three episodes of anything when there are about 26 or more, you'd be confused, expecially NGE.

Listen to the Abdurness. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Seriously, the only type of anime you will be able to understand the whole thing by just watching the last three episodes are probably things that has no story and maybe is a kids show that they show a new letter everyday or something.

Evangelion is one of the animes where the last 3 episodes don't really make a hell lot of sense even after you view the whole thing. So... my best suggestion if you go ahead and watch the whole thing, then think about it for 7 days and 7 night, maybe then everything would become clear.

Maybe it won't. It depends on how hard you think. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Swan
Jun 20, 2004, 05:23 PM
What! you think if I had a choice 1-3 or 22-26 I'd get 22-26?! but fine. I'll see if I can find those (it was actually making SOME sence to me. I was just lost on a couple of things. namely the talking monoliths)

ABDUR101
Jun 20, 2004, 05:57 PM
I never said you'd make a concious choice to see the last three episodes, as opposed to the first three, I was stating that obviously if you watch the last three out of 26 or so episodes of anything(expecially NGE) that you'd be confused.

http://www.animenation.com and http://www.amazon.com should have the entire boxset and movies for sale, and prolly afew of the new remastered DVD's.

The "talking monolith's" would'nt be confusing at all, but I won't go into it due to spoiling anything, even something as insignificant as that. It's a good series, worth buying.

BlackRose
Jun 20, 2004, 10:14 PM
I dunno, I've watched End of Evangelion and none of the others and made perfect sense to me... you just have to ponder it all for a while... and maybe watch it several times.

Swan
Jun 21, 2004, 11:58 AM
Well, What I'm saying is that the monoliths are the only thing that didn't make sence. well, that and the fact that half the people in the show made tetsuo look sane.

KodiaX987
Jun 21, 2004, 12:03 PM
As we said, you'd need to watch the show from the beginning to get everything everyone says. Evangelion is by far one of the most confusing Animes out there if you don't listen carefully.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 21, 2004, 12:06 PM
Man... You sure did pick the wrong series to just buy the last DVD of... Neon Genesis is famed for being the single most confusing series ever made, and it's due to its extremely existential nature. Even 2001: A Space Oddessey is slightly easier to figure out, really.

ABDUR101
Jun 21, 2004, 12:16 PM
On 2004-06-20 20:14, BlackRose wrote:
I dunno, I've watched End of Evangelion and none of the others and made perfect sense to me... you just have to ponder it all for a while... and maybe watch it several times.

Yeah, but EoE is when the grand scale of the events in the series is truely understood. Before you see EoE, you're still all-but going "...the hell?". =X

Swan
Jun 21, 2004, 12:32 PM
Fine. but I don't care what you guys say. those DVDs arn't easy to find.

ABDUR101
Jun 21, 2004, 12:54 PM
Heh, we just gave you links to sites that have the entire boxset, the movies and the first DVD of the new remastered boxset being released.

If you're looking in your area, yeah, it prolly will be hard to find.

KodiaX987
Jun 21, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-06-21 10:32, Swan wrote:
I don't care what you guys say.

Dipshit, you made a topic asking about Evangelion, so right off the bat it shows you care.

space_butler
Jun 22, 2004, 06:36 AM
ebay has the whole series box sets really cheap...and the last 3 eps of that series are really brain-melting..

Daikarin
Jun 22, 2004, 09:27 AM
Even seeing the series, the ending is a bit abstract. I watched it as a teenager and didn't understand squat. Maybe if I see the series again, I'll take time to wonder what the hell are they talking about and what's happening.

Harder than figuring out something, is to figure how another guy figured out that same something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-06-22 07:28 ]</font>