PDA

View Full Version : Perfect setup of characters

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 20, 2004, 08:43 PM
If you're offline and have 3 memory cards, which section id's would you give to each character class, and why?

Eanae
Jun 20, 2004, 09:24 PM
There's guides that go over this stuff, not to mention countless posts. Search the forums, or move your little mouse button over to the guides and look up a guide on it. *sighs*

jnblz316
Jun 20, 2004, 09:57 PM
i dont mean to sound rude or anything but there are guides for pretty much everything here. if you dont find it here you can check gamefaqs.com. also there are countless posts on this subject. just look around a little and you should find what your looking for.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 20, 2004, 10:09 PM
i think you guys misunderstood my question. I don't mean "Which section id is good for hunters?". I've played this game for almost a year, and i'm not an idiot. My question is if you want all ten section ids which specific subclass would you give them to and why?

EX: Fonewm = Yellowboze, because they have good all around drops and find smoking plate the easiest.

I also don't recall there being any guides that deal with this question. I use the guides a lot, and yes, they are EXTREMELY useful. Also, the one guide that does deal with section id's and character matchups is only class specific not subclass specific, and doesn't deal with having more than 3 characters. It's also outdated. Pinkal has been proven to not find higher level disks than other id's easier.

I guess I should have explained myself better. My bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-06-20 20:44 ]</font>

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 20, 2004, 10:57 PM
I was thinking, and this is what I cameup with:

For offline singlemode play, all 4 FOs and hunewearls and ramarls seem to be the easiest, due to the massive damage and nuking capabilities of forces, and the s/d/j/z that hunewearls and ramarls have. Humars and Ramars seem to be next in line, due to the j/z of humars and s/d of ramars, and resta and some casting abalities. Androids seem to be the most poorly built for offline singlemode play.

Keeping that in mind, this seems to be a possible optimum setup:

HUmar = Skyly
HUnewearl = Redria
Hucast = Viridia
HUcaseal = Bluefull ??
RAmar = Greenill
RAmarl = Purplenum
RAcast =
RAcaseal =
FOmar = Oran
FOmarl = Pinkal ??
FOnewm = Yellowboze
FOnewearl = Whitill ??

This I just came up with out of my head. I was also wondering which 2 subclasses would be best to leave out, or which 2 section i.d.s are worth making 2 of.

Siris
Jun 20, 2004, 11:06 PM
The guides on this here involve a lot of personal opinion as well. It's good to ask others opinions and experiences beyond the subjectivity of just the guides here. Eg. Skyly is a great Hunter ID (and recommended in the guides section for this) but, Redria would also be great as well as several other ones. In addition if you are going to have multiple characters you can choose section IDs to compliment each other and trade items between characters. The guides here do not go into detail about certain character strength and weakness in certain areas while looking for rares so asking about that is important as well. Another example of this is my Skyly HUnewearl (at lvl 171) that is still unable to make tower runs alone for all the awesome Skyly drops there but, would likely be able to if she were an android with traps or a FO with more powerful techs. There's no problem with his question here, it's actually a very good one. Give him a break.

jnblz316
Jun 21, 2004, 01:00 AM
i think you guys misunderstood my question. I don't mean "Which section id is good for hunters?". I've played this game for almost a year, and i'm not an idiot. My question is if you want all ten section ids which specific subclass would you give them to
and why?

EX: Fonewm = Yellowboze, because they have good all around drops and find smoking plate the easiest.

I also don't recall there being any guides that deal with this question. I use the guides a lot, and yes, they are EXTREMELY useful. Also, the one guide that does deal with section id's and character matchups is only class specific not subclass specific, and doesn't deal with having more than 3 characters. It's also outdated. Pinkal has been proven to not find higher level disks than other id's easier.

I guess I should have explained myself better. My bad

i think we all just kinda mistook that question. and im sorry for that. right now i have a redria humar basically to find armor and i plan on making a skyly hunewearl.i dont think i matters which hunter gets what section id. as long as you are able to trade between the hunters then going with lets say:
humar-redria
hunewearl-skyly
would be just as effective as:
humar-skyly
hunwearl-redria
i hope that makes sense lol. i hope that helped in some way. and again im sorry for sounding like such an a$$.

Kuea
Jun 21, 2004, 01:19 AM
you had a preety decent line up there

I would judt do purplenum and whitill twice for those rangers cause they get mechguns and guld milla

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 10:49 AM
He can transfer items between characters, I would base the ID's depending on the dropsets and who will be best suited to finishing a certain area over and over again.

Basically, didvide it like so:

Redria, purplenum, oran: cannot be a droid, due to tons of piping for some great stuff.

Bluefull, skyly, viridia, whitill, yellowboze: should be characters that have an easy time in seabed (forces, hunewearl, ramarl)

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 21, 2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the good replies. Don't sweat it jnblz316, I would have probably said the same thing. I didn't make myself clear.

Back on topic, I haven't heard anyone say which 2 subclasses they would leave out. To eclair, which 2 section i.d.s are the most worth having twice, not just because i have rangers left so you picked ranger ids.

Also, i'm not very experienced in this area, i only have 4 chars past 80, and haven't played ep 2 ult at all except for temple. So your advice is quite valuable. Thanks.

One more thing. The question I made in the 1st post is hypothetical. I actually only have 2 mem cards and my real lineup is in my sig. What do you think I should do for my 2 empty slots?

Toxic
Jun 21, 2004, 01:35 PM
IMO, if you wanted to match each and every ID to a class, then it would go as follows:

Bluefull FOmar
Greennill RAmarl
Oran HUnewearl
Pinkal FOnewm
Purplenum RAmar
Redria FOnewearl
Skyly HU(any, really, but my preference is HUcaseal)
Viridia RAcast
Whitill RAcaseal
Yellowboze Hucast

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 02:09 PM
The Racast at lower levels may not be the best offline character, but wait until you get a lvl 200 mag that can cast S&D regularly, add a PB create or two, complement that with traps and guns like frozen shooter, spread needle, s-rank needle with lvl 33 zalure and boys, you're looking at one of the baddest single offline characters in PSO, IMHO.

My Racast can easily run solo Towers, handle Seabeds with ease, waste Falz and Flow like the cool side of the pillow and recently completed a solo TTF run in 15:30 (killing only enemies needed to open doors and took chance with FSOD by bringing all my weapons). He's a Skyly ID and all those great finds he can't use, get passed on to my other characters (xbox - 12 characters - he he he).

I have a character in every section id (seven in ultimate). Every id has good items. With offline multiplayer, you can trade stuff back and forth, so it's easy to get each character twinked just right even if they're not in the perfect section id for that type.

The best advice I can give is make sure the characters you place in section ids with good drops from red slimes have the ability to cast rabarta. The only way I can get some drops is to go online with a friendly fo who will help my Racast/Racaseal/Hucast out.

Otherwise, don't get too hung up on being perfect - my Racast is far from perfect, but he's a lot of fun to play with.

excecutor
Jun 21, 2004, 02:37 PM
For doubles, make it the IDs that have good drops all over the place, albeit they might be hard to get. Yellowboze and redria I would reccommend for doubles as they have pretty good drops all around both episodes of ragol.