PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: H/A.WAR

HUShadow
Jun 20, 2004, 09:55 PM
This story(if I ever finish it) is based off of a RPG that my friends and I are currently playing(GURPS, if anyone's wondering). Character idea for Alliah comes from my friend Kenny, and idea for A-18(I didn?t come up with the name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) comes from his little brother Nathan. All other character ideas are from me, the almighty GM, Rich. Enjoy.

Prologue

"We've got ourselves a feisty one here, Darin."
"Yes we do, Mike."
Drops of warm water fell all around the two men as they closed in on their prey. ?We should do everyone a favor and getting rid of it. It's dangerous."
The drops stopped. Darin, the ranger, leveled his rifle, aiming it right at the head of his victim. A giant roar echoed through the air, and more drops of water came falling from the sky.
The other predator, Mike, stood on-guard with his partisan ready to swing at any moment.
"Please," said the prey. "Don't do this. You'll get us all in trouble."
"Aw, it doesn't want to die, Mikey."
"Shame. Oh, well, little friend. We don't always get what we want. I've wanted to be rid of your kind ever since I saw one of you hideous things, and that still hasn?t happened. But it will. And you're the next step to completing my dream. Bye-bye."
Mike swung his Partisan, taking off a chunk of his victim's head.

Chapter 1

As she walked down the street, Alliah observed the Pioneer 2. Junk heap, she thought. Nothing like home. Alliah was born and raised in a mansion. She hardly ever left her home, except for shopping...but she rarely needed to do even that. She looked down. "Oh, I knew I shouldn't have come in this dress! It's too long! It's getting torn at the bottom!"
She was too busy looking down to realize that she walked into a busy part of the street. She bumped into a man who grunted and turned away from her. "Excuse me," she said. "But I think you bumped into me."
"You 'wanna make something of it?"
The man turned around to show a patch on his eye, a scar across his cheek, and five o'clock shadow to top it all off. He didn't look like one to mess with. Alliah chuckled innocently and kept walking. People these days, she thought.
"Ah, the Hunter's guild."
As she walked towards the lit-up building, she said aloud, "I wonder what they called me for? Maybe they want to reward me for being so rich! Oh, daddy will be so proud!"
The electric doors slid open as she got a few feet away from it, and she walked straight through, not breaking her stride.
As she walked through, she tried to make herself beautiful by batting her eye-lashes and flipping her hair to make a good entrance. She tripped over something and fell down.
"What?"
She turned to see what she had tripped over. A slim android, painted black with red plates set on his shoulders, calves, and mid-section. "You!"
Alliah pointed at the android. "I think you owe me an apology."
"Huh?" the android said dizzily. "Apologize? What did I do?"
"You were on the ground. I tripped over you."
"Oh. Oops."
The android got up, walked a few paces away from the door and laid back down. "There."
Alliah groaned and got up. She walked over to the desk. She opened her mouth to talk, but before she could, the secretary said, "Excuse me. Are you 'Alliah'?"
"I am," Alliah said, slightly surprised. "Why?"
"I just got a message for you and a Mr. 'A-18'."
"Idon?t care about any ?A-18?,? Alliah said. ?What?s my message??
?The principle wants you to go to his office as soon as possible. He says it?s urgent.?
What? Alliah thought. No reward?
She grunted and turned her back on the secretary. She walked away, through the electric sliding-doors. She stomped through the crowd on the street and to the teleporter labeled, ?Principle?s Office?. ?I can?t believe this. What?s he going to do? Command me to do something? He can?t tell me what to do! I?m rich!?
She went through the teleporter. She started to walk, and she heard a zipping sound behind her. Someone else had stepped through the teleporter. She turned around to see the android from the Hunter?s guild in front of her. ?What are you doing here,? she asked. ?Me??
The android pointed at himself. ?Why, I?m A-18.?
?Oh, great. This better not involve both of us.?
A-18 shrugged and walked down the hallway leading to the Principle. Alliah grudgingly followed.

Anything after, "I got a message for you and a Mr. A-18" with question marks are either apostraphies or quotation marks. I'd fix them, but my computer's messing up. I'll try to fix them later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUShadow on 2004-06-20 20:12 ]</font>

HUShadow
Jun 21, 2004, 12:24 PM
Chapter 2

"So, when will my team members be arriving?"
"I'm not sure. I sent them a message. Hopefully they'll be here-"
"Hey! Are you the Principal?"
The Principal turned and saw two figures, a small FOmar and a tall HUcast, standing right outside of his room.
The woman was thin, small. She had blue hair that hung half-way down her back, and a yellow dress on with some patches of pink here and there, torn at the bottom. She had an angry look on her face.
The android was dizzily looking around like he had just run into a pole, or was in some type of "android hang-over". He looked too peaceful to be a Hunter.
"I am," the Principal said. "Are you the two I sent a message for?"
"We are," the android said. He straightened. "A-18 here, ready for orders."
"Well, let's not jump the gun here," Alliah shot out. "We don't know he's going to give us orders. I mean, I am rich and all..."
"Oh, no. Your android friend here is right."
Alliah scowled. "He's not my friend. And why did you choose us?"
"Well, I hear good things about this A-18.He's better than most in battle, and he's got a free spirit like no one else."
"And me? Why was I chosen?"
"You're rich. Rich people are the best for any job."
He winked at her and turned to the other man in the room. "This man will be your partner."
The man extended his hand toward A-18. The humanoid studied the man while extending his hand to shake. He was a RAmar. His armor had many dents and marks from battle. He must have been experienced. A-18 saw a handgun tucked away in the man's belt. Varista.
"I am A-18," he said. "Pleased to meet you."
"Blake," the man said. "Blake White."
The Ranger turned to Alliah and extended his hand. "How do you do?"
Alliah gave him a sickened look. She obviously didn't want to shake hands.
"Okay..."
"So, Principal guy, what's our mission, anyway?"
"Oh, right! Well, see...there have been some kidnappings. Just androids. We found a journal here..."
The Principal went around his desk and opened one of the cabinets. He pulled out a little orange ring and set it on his desk. He paused as he was about to push the button, then continued.
Yellow light sprang up from the ring, and a man with a rifle appeared. These androids do not deserve to see civilization. We're not doing this because we are bad people. We are doing this because this scum is growing across our galaxy. They don't have REAL families. Androids are an abomination to our life! They invade our families and pretend like they 'love' us. They don't know love! They're machines! They're waiting. They're waiting for the opportune moment to strike. They'll try to deystroy us! We won't let that happen!
Alliah and Blake looked at A-18. The android hung his head. "So you see," the Principal said softly. "We need someone to stop this. I'm sorry you had to see that. Especially you, A-18...but this needs to stop."
"Well," Alliah butted in. "Are we getting payed for it?"
The Principal turned to her, a furious look in his eyes. "This could be the beginning of a new war for the Pioneer 2, and you can stop it, and you want pay?"
"That's right. I don't care about other people. I want my money."
The Principal's face turned sad. "I am sorry to hear this news, but I need you on this quest. Very well...How much do you want?"
"Five hundred."
"Okay. You can pick it up after the quest is finished. Now go, go get supplies. You'll need them."
And with that, the new investigative team was teleported to the city's Bazaar, preparing to go on what would be the most horrifying trip of their lives.