PDA

View Full Version : Lionel: Addtional Quest

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 07:31 AM
I was playing Swirling Fire Dome (Burning Ranger) on xbox this morning around 3 a.m.

I completed the quest and went to the hospital to heal myself before collecting my meseta. Suddenly I received mail - you know, like someone was mailing myself.

WTF, I thought, I'm offline. I thought something was weird because I've played this quest offline before and never received mail.

I read the mail and it was from "Lionel." He said "If you like the item, it may be upgradeable in the future."

I looked for Lionel but couldn't find him (I think he was the robot on fire in the final room before teleporting to the top). What item is he talking about? I checked my inventory, and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know about this odd bit of information.

BTW, my banks have been awesome lately, yielding many 50% hit weapons including 50% charge vulcans last night - all my friends received a pair (no, not duping, just buying straight from the bank).

gream-green
Jun 21, 2004, 01:18 PM
On 2004-06-21 05:31, Sitka wrote:
I was playing Swirling Fire Dome (Burning Ranger) on xbox this morning around 3 a.m.

I completed the quest and went to the hospital to heal myself before collecting my meseta. Suddenly I received mail - you know, like someone was mailing myself.

WTF, I thought, I'm offline. I thought something was weird because I've played this quest offline before and never received mail.

I read the mail and it was from "Lionel." He said "If you like the item, it may be upgradeable in the future."

I looked for Lionel but couldn't find him (I think he was the robot on fire in the final room before teleporting to the top). What item is he talking about? I checked my inventory, and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know about this odd bit of information.

BTW, my banks have been awesome lately, yielding many 50% hit weapons including 50% charge vulcans last night - all my friends received a pair (no, not duping, just buying straight from the bank).

That was me dude I was online playing as Lionel, JK...
You should have a "Glory of the Past" in your inventory, that is why he sent you the note sounds like you got Doc injured(Bad Sitka)? Back at Pioneer a kid will give you the "Glory of..." if you did not have it. The Tekker in Blue and Grey outfit not in the Tekker booth but by the bank will turn it into the MK3 mag...if I remember correctly

But that was on the DC on x-box I think he say's, "You are a burning Ranger" and you may get some Meseta and then it is over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-06-21 11:24 ]</font>

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 01:23 PM
This is getting a little interesting, at least for me.

I posted this topic some six hours ago and a few folks glanced at it, but no one has chosed to post on it. No "Read the fricking guide, you idiot." Not even a classic Ketchup link without the assumed comment. What gives?

Do you know how freaky it is to get mailed by an NPC droid at 3:00 a.m. offline?

I know the quest is available on xbox and plus (gc), but I haven't seen anything about this "item" mentioned in the Lionel letter. Is it possible there may be a new or future sidequest involving Lionel?

If anyone has any idea what this part of the Central Fire Dome quest is about, I would appreciate some guidance.

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 01:40 PM
Hey Greem,

I guess we both posted at about the same time.

I do remember reading about that part, just not about some letter coming from Lionel. I talked to the kid and he's worse than the chick from Seat of the Heart (Ellie) - no one wants to give me my damn item.

As for doc, ya, I piped (blushes red) for Hildetorrs (thanks Siris) and after an hour of not seeing one, I looked up the Skyly drop for Ep. 2 Hildetorr: God Power - meh - I stopped piping, killed the hidelts, went to the hospital and got seriously freaked out by that letter.

jspacemunkey
Jun 21, 2004, 02:54 PM
i've also received mail in "central dome fire swirl". when i saw the mail icon pop up i did a double take. i actually went behind my tv and checked to see if i'd hooked up the xbox with an ethernet cord. i was really confused. the mail i received came from the npc who assigns the quest and said something about a suspicious person down in forest 2 (in reference to the doc). i too was piping 'torrs... which brings me to a question. sitka, from your post i get the impression that you accessed "central dome" through ep2. if you do that do the rare drops change to the ep2 associated drops? i ask because you said skyly gets a god/power, which is the ep2 'torr drop. i always assumed "central dome" would always have ep1 drops. if that's not the case, my life will be much easier when i pipe 'torrs for a flight cutter. and while i'm asking, if the drops change would love rappys spawn instead of pal rappys? maybe i'm reading into your post too much?

Sitka
Jun 21, 2004, 04:08 PM
This credit goes to Siris - Shout out.

She pointed out that if you load the quest from Episode II offline, you will get the episode II rare creatures, namely the Ep. II Hildetorrs.

Only having enough patience to pipe for one hour, I do not know whether I am likely to see a Love Rappy or a Pal Rappy, but the Love Rappy, particularly a big ole fat one, would be very cool indeed.

jspacemunkey
Jun 21, 2004, 04:36 PM
muahahaha!

thanks for the info, sitka. i'll find out soon enough whether you can get love rappys (i'll bet you can't, but it couldn't hurt to try). being able to pipe 'torrs for ep2 rares is a big blessing. it'll make it easier to get a flight cutter with some decent percents.