PDA

View Full Version : god, the Xbox actually amased me ... O_o;;

BWS-1
Jun 1, 2002, 08:40 AM
A few minutes ago I was watching a game show on TV and it was about the E3's games showed there (well, mostly about the Xbox) and hehe, for those who feared the voicechat system 'cause they wouldn't be able to speak as a HUnewearl in PSO ... will be happily suprised! Yep, you guessed it, you'll be able to modify your voice! God, if only the Xbox had a keyboard and a mouse, it would be the best machine on the market (unless you're a fan of ... childish games or Sony). I mean, geee, they dare say that they don't want to turn there console into a PC by making a keyboard and mouse ... GIVE ME A BREAK! it has a hard drive, a modem, and a lot of ''PC-like'' features that the other consoles don't have. FACE IT MICROSOFT! YOU ALREADY MADE A PC OUT OF THE XBOX JUST BY PUTTING A HARD-DRIVE IN THAT THING! NOW MAKE A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE AND I might BUY YOUR THING!!!

sry for the caps ... damn, I gone offtopic my own topic O_o

ABDUR101
Jun 1, 2002, 10:18 AM
I myself would rather have voice chat than a keyboard. Makes it easier to spread the S-Red's Blade love without having to tap the keys when I want to say "OMG FUXORS DIE!!"

...that, and the fact that you'll be able to morph your voice is pretty cool.

With or without keyboard, I don't care. No doubt after a while a third party will make one anyways, so just be patient. And if not..it won't bother me. o_O

TinyGrendel
Jun 1, 2002, 11:11 AM
On 2002-06-01 08:18, ABDUR101 wrote:
I myself would rather have voice chat than a keyboard. Makes it easier to spread the S-Red's Blade love without having to tap the keys when I want to say "OMG FUXORS DIE!!"

...that, and the fact that you'll be able to morph your voice is pretty cool.

With or without keyboard, I don't care. No doubt after a while a third party will make one anyways, so just be patient. And if not..it won't bother me. o_O

I like voice chat as well. On PC FPS games voice chat is a life saver. Also, you won't see much lag because i'm pretty sure they said that Xbox Live will be Broadband only.

ABDUR101
Jun 1, 2002, 11:32 AM
Yeah, not everyone has broadband, but for those that can get it, it will be a great experience. It's going to be great to hear your friends voice on the other end while you're playing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BWS-1
Jun 1, 2002, 12:34 PM
ya well, a voice chat surely is a life saver in first person shooter ... while you play on your keyboard and mouse! But when you think about it, Microsoft are stupid not to make a keyboard, take sega for exemple, once Quake 3 was out, people that didn'T have a keyboard and mouse were totally owned by the other players on the servers, so the pissed off players went to the store and bought a keyboard and mouse from sega just to kick ass in Q3. Having a guy with a D-pab and one with a keyboard makes the guy want to buy the keyboard, to AT LEATS have the same advantages then his opponent, but if microself never develops a keytboard, and no 3rd party does, then it's not that bad, everyone will have controlers so everyone will have shity control, and they'll have to get used to it. But buy doing that, SOME PEOPLE in SOME COMPAGNIES will not make money, and players will be sad and pissed, and some of them ,won't even buy the console just for that damn reason!

The only cool game, very well configured control for a first person shooter ever made on a console is, to me, GoldenEye on N64. lol, I'm trying to imagine how a Mad CatZ keyboard for Xbox qould look like, I bet you'd have a turbo for all the single keys on it and a trottle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

goldman
Jun 1, 2002, 03:06 PM
once Quake 3 was out, people that didn'T have a keyboard and mouse were totally owned by the other players on the servers, so the pissed off players went to the store and bought a keyboard and mouse from sega just to kick ass in Q3. Having a guy with a D-pab and one with a keyboard makes the guy want to buy the keyboard, to AT LEATS have the same advantages then his opponent, but if microself never develops a keytboard, and no 3rd party does, then it's not that bad, everyone will have controlers so everyone will have shity control

HA! maybe you and your little friends will paly with the controller but I will be using "THE CLAW"

and yes that is the name of it have you heard of it? I can go try to find pics of it if you like

goldman
Jun 1, 2002, 03:29 PM
ok I found pics of it for those who don't know what it is

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/theclaw01.jpg

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/theclaw02.jpg

TinyGrendel
Jun 1, 2002, 07:52 PM
ah yes.. the claw... that's a keyboard, right? i remember years ago they came out with the "one handed" keyboard that would do letter combinations with key presses.

X-thirteen
Jun 1, 2002, 08:24 PM
gah does nobody listen to me?
there will be an xbox keyboard. so stop bitching/worrying about having to use voice chat.

goldman
Jun 1, 2002, 09:38 PM
>>that's a keyboard, right? <<

nope not at all.

but it does have a mouse
it is basically a controller bulit like that. without the anolog sticks.

people have played with it and say it works well

Kent
Jun 2, 2002, 02:15 AM
On 2002-06-01 06:40, BWS-1 wrote:
(unless you're a fan of ... childish games or Sony).

Or a fan of Nintendo.

it has a hard drive, a modem

My Xbox doesn't have a modem. No, mine has an Ethernet port (which is completely different).

FACE IT MICROSOFT! YOU ALREADY MADE A PC OUT OF THE XBOX JUST BY PUTTING A HARD-DRIVE IN THAT THING!

...Okay, according to your logic, EVERY videogame system is a PC.

PCs have hard drives.
PCs have RAM.
PCs have GPUs.
PCs have CPUs.
PCs have some kind of user interface.

All videogame systems have all these except the hard drive, which only the Xbox has (built-in).

Try looking at more than one side before you complain.

watashiwa
Jun 2, 2002, 07:22 AM
X-Box and Dead or Alive 3 all day, whee.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 2, 2002, 08:45 AM
How much did that claw thing cost???

It's silly for MS to distance the X-Box from the PC. A lot of their games, both current and in the future, are PC ports.

TinyGrendel
Jun 2, 2002, 09:38 AM
On 2002-06-02 00:15, Kent wrote:

On 2002-06-01 06:40, BWS-1 wrote:
(unless you're a fan of ... childish games or Sony).

Or a fan of Nintendo.

it has a hard drive, a modem

My Xbox doesn't have a modem. No, mine has an Ethernet port (which is completely different).

FACE IT MICROSOFT! YOU ALREADY MADE A PC OUT OF THE XBOX JUST BY PUTTING A HARD-DRIVE IN THAT THING!

...Okay, according to your logic, EVERY videogame system is a PC.

PCs have hard drives.
PCs have RAM.
PCs have GPUs.
PCs have CPUs.
PCs have some kind of user interface.

All videogame systems have all these except the hard drive, which only the Xbox has (built-in).

Try looking at more than one side before you complain.

Correct except for one small thing. A PC doesn't have to have a hard drive. All the old computers just had floppy drives that it would boot an OS off of. It would be more correct to say SOME kind of storage device.