PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Pinkal and Tech Disk, new discover!

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 10:50 AM
when someone told me that some girl (i dont know her) decoded the game and found that all IDS got the same drops for the Tech disk, not matter if is Pinkal or not, well i found curious about it.

i searched the housoka.com web page and there says that the Tech(lvl) drops depends on the episode and stage you are playing, well THATS TRUE, i got no reget with that, but i still got looking for more information about it, i log online and a girl (i am not going to post her name) on the sega of america forum, said that she and her friends founds more Tech Disk on Pinkal than other chars. the girl knows a lot about this game, but still i could say, its just luck, anyhow, i surfed on the internet to get the truth, and guess what folks THERE IS ANOTHER GUY WHO GOT THE CODE!!!!, i found him on the http://www.ign.com
(good webpage by the way), we stayed in contact, also he got a list of the drops that he decoded, and if you compare to the Sounomi list, its equal 100%, but................ there is a small little detail about the Tech Disk Drops. i am going to post it down this message. look below!

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 10:53 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dont get you hopes up, anyone.

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yes, indeed Housoka was right!, Tech disk depends on the episode and location you are!

and... on the code says something else
on english says that on green boxes, actually pinkal found Tech Disk like Yellowboze found messeta, oh what does that means???, well simple.

like the game got a database of messeta, where depends of the episode, dificulty and location of it to get a random interval value of the messeta, yellowboze found more messeta than anyothers but still the ammount of messeta founded is linked to the database of the ammount of messeta.

Pinkal works the same. the ID is more often to drop Tech disk but the TechClass, TechLvL depends on Selection of Techs on the database of the game. (thats the database you saw on housoka). but when i saw the code (visual studio.net), was exactly everything that the guy on ign found it. so going to the point

Pinkal is able to find Tech as Yellowboze found messeta but the Tech Class and lvl depends on a database of Techs Disk that is equal to everyone.

you may look on this site (thats IGN dudes)

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.htm

also this

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/391/391966p1.html

and if you want this BIG guide on gamesfaq

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/phantasy_star_online_ep12_forces.txt

try to find the word Pinkal on find (control+F) on the last guide

i hope this can clear everyone about it, thanks for your time.

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 11:19 AM
oh lol a guy posted while i was typing, well look behind this post.

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 11:25 AM
Gamefaqs and IGN have no credibilty outside of their own sites, and for good reason.

No ID has a better chance for tech disks.

None. Not on ep.1&2, never will.

gream-green
Jun 21, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-06-21 09:25, lain2k3 wrote:
Gamefaqs and IGN have no credibilty outside of their own sites, and for good reason.

No ID has a better chance for tech disks.

None. Not on ep.1&2, never will.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^Indeed, found just as many tech disks if not more on Greenill than Pinkal. That's Not even to mention the disks I find on Skyly.

Dingo
Jun 21, 2004, 11:33 AM
lain whats your source then? not trying to be snappy or rude by the way...

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 11:41 AM
guys guys, i dont force you to belive what i wrote,
but anyway if i want you, i can give you the decode, and you open it on visual studio.net, try to download the demo from http://www.microsoft.com, and use Visual C++ for open it. its not a native Visual C++ but you can use it to see.

Hrith
Jun 21, 2004, 12:01 PM
All IDs have the same odds at finding technique disks, but Pinkal may have better odds at that disk being a higher level, I only started discussing that with Sou when she left http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I found about 80% of my Lv 30 attack techs in Pinkal, so I assumed it was true, but people with high lv Pinkal chars found no more tech disks at no better Lv than Terra or Kefka =/

Lesson is : your experience means nothing.

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 12:40 PM
i dont saw in the code, that experience counts for the drops, but thanks for the information i will search again (thats a big pain in the ass), all the code, if i get lazy....no i will not.. ok thanks

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 05:26 PM
oh another thing, if you are going to count the drops count every single tech disk..please dont tell me stuff like

"OH MY GOD, i found a lvl 28 Grants with my Purplenum", "Thats why all IDS got the same drops"
-but what the guy doesnt pay attention is that he founded like 10 Disk of grants at lower lvl.

again. Pinkal is for Tech Disk like Yellowboze is for messeta. thats it!

TESTED 100% decoded 100%, IGN, Gamesfaq, and bluemonkey thats for the code!!!

Hrith
Jun 21, 2004, 06:18 PM
Absolutely wrong, Sounomi decompiled the game, all IDs find disks equally.

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 06:52 PM
well i dont wanna be hard with you, but taking off the credit to another programmers like blue or steve, sounds pretty offensive, also not to offend but where is the sounomi web page???, and dont give me cheap awnsers like, she is bored or anything else
the truth is she is not the only programmer in this world, also in the matter of fact right now there is a lots of programmer and because of that some programmers cant find a job and they are working on KFC or MCDonnals (thats the real world), because that the number of programmers overpass the number of jobs available for programmer.

i am not going to be offensive for trying to do a good action, if you are going to belive what sounomi said, belive that, but like i said, she is not the only programmer in this world, she is not the only one who decoded the game, and i checked, and 3 programmers checked, and got the same results, and mostly of the web page guides (made by experts) says the same of what i posted, and if you wanna belive that all the programers in this world except sounomi are wrong you can belive that, but....................thats kinda weird dont you think???

Zinger314
Jun 21, 2004, 08:05 PM
Sounomi created Housoka PSO, the site you mentioned previously. That's definately enough credit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

teflon
Jun 21, 2004, 08:22 PM
Sounomi is much more trustworthy than some random guy who wrote a FAQ for Gamefaqs or IGN.

EDIT: Grammar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: teflon on 2004-06-21 18:22 ]</font>

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 08:24 PM
not one random guy, like 5 or 10 random guys

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 08:58 PM
On 2004-06-21 18:24, Luis wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif oh, thats so much better.

We will believe the person we know, not the 5-10 random people who will do anything to get attention.

Ketchup345
Jun 21, 2004, 09:09 PM
On 2004-06-21 18:24, Luis wrote:

1) GameFAQs and IGN are not that accurate for a game like this. And Gamewinners isn't reliable either. Sega of America boards aren't always that great either. Many at IGN believe there will acually be a quest for unsealing the SJS ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif ); and believe that 20 DEX on a Mag for a HUcast is enough (I use more than that on a RAmarl, and still can't pull off all Heavy-Heavy-Heavy comboes). I checked the IGN and SoA boards to a while back, and found nothing about the drop rates that involve techs.
2) You asked about Sou's site. It was taken down because she didn't want to run something she didn't have interest in (she was doing it for nothing in return except some compliments). Simple as that, that is the reason the site is down, nothing else. Wait a while for this site to put some of that data up.
3) Web page guides? Not all guides are accurate, or made by experts on a subject. Many can have incorrect data in them. Many web pages still use data and roumors from the DC version (like I pointed out above, this site has many DC gudes still around).
4) Who are these people that you are talking about? They could easily be some kids saying they looked at the code and found the stuff, and are just trying to support a false roumor.
5) If you looked at the game's code, can you post a page showing your results for everything?
6) Also, you/they may have searched the wrong parts of the code.

And none of your links above display the correct page.

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 10:48 PM
anyway in 1 month or so i am going to post a webpage for PSO players, also i am no try to expect to see a lots of housoka fans on there.

i am going to post some information of a man that got 5 years programming (not telling the name him, because i dont want attacks to him) and some other ppl that i meet online 2 or 3 months ago, and yeah they know programming on the ACM (ACM means something for you???)
look on http://www.acm.org and go to international college programing if you wanna know more about it.

well thats bad that she lost the interest of it, but
when people left, new people come, quite simple nobody is indispensable in this world. well maybe michael jordan. but if i lost the interest i wont take off a public site, maybe other people still interrested, when do something for certain people, think of them first then think about you.

oh yeah i am going to post not all the code, because i think for a free domain all i got is 20 megas (angelfire), but i will post part of it (the most interresting) also finding rates and whatever i should put on there.

and oh yeah i saw cleary how the ID Sections works
(i am really really going to post that part)

postdata. for some reason you have to copy the link and paste it on address, dont click on it.

i know that there is a lots of Sounomi lovers, like i said, not surprised if some of them start talking bad about our job. but we are not trying to make all the people happy, cuz we cant, ask The Rock about it,
(he just beat some candy asses and not everyone love it....kinda sad, dont worry Dwayne, keep going)

and yeah i think is going to be a month for making a new webpage cuz there is something in the middle, Job for making money for going to the supermarket
(i am not in a MCDonnals, i do computers, no more details about it)

and on gamesfaqs and ign (guys they made money for some reason) you can contact they and say that certain guide, have something wrong, and they take off the guide or contact with the creator of the guide.

i did something like this on Diablo 2 before with the druids, i am used to be attacked, refused or congratulate. Anyway wait for a month if you wanna see the code ill post it.

Shintaro04
Jun 21, 2004, 11:09 PM
Sorry, I have a Question that doesn't matter this topic, but i have get on the site Housoka, and i tried to look up info for the pso, but they said i need to login, and when i click on the Resigeration, and they need the Invite Code, where can i get the Code.
thank you in advance.

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 02:06 AM
On 2004-06-21 21:09, Shintaro04 wrote:
Sorry, I have a Question that doesn't matter this topic, but i have get on the site Housoka, and i tried to look up info for the pso, but they said i need to login, and when i click on the Resigeration, and they need the Invite Code, where can i get the Code.
thank you in advance.

someone else has to give you one, but dont bother, the internal portion of the site isnt there anymore.

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2004, 12:36 PM
Luis-
1) One month is too long. This topic will be dead by then and everyone will have forgotten about it, allowing you to not make that site at all and not back up your claims.
2) What do the Rock and Michael Jordan have to do with a game at all? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
3) Many of the guide writers at those sites have probably forgot about those guides, and have stopped taking changes for them (especially if they were created and/or taken over from the DC).
4) You need to post the people's names, since you will not get any credibility without them.
5) Why pay for a site when you lost interest in what it's about? As far as I know, she didn't get that domain name free, since it wasn't an Angelfire or Geocities, etc. page.

Edit: You have until July 22nd to post a webpage with the info then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-06-22 14:34 ]</font>

SJ
Jun 22, 2004, 01:04 PM
I dont really understand programming but from the sounds of things this is complete bullshit, anyway why dont you just post the names of these people?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJ on 2004-06-22 11:06 ]</font>

Xaos127
Jun 23, 2004, 01:36 AM
i think its a complete load of bullshit. And if you post their names what do you expect to happen? We are civilized people we are not going to attack them or something.

AquaFlare7
Jun 23, 2004, 05:31 AM
Jesus Christ. Sometimes people can be misproven, the government changes it's mind over proof every year about cancerous foods and habits. What if he is right? You can't tell me you know for a fact he is wrong. I look at code for hours on end every day (It is kinda my hobby) and I can tell you right now it is very easy to overlook things. I neither believe nor disbelieve this situation, but give the man a friggin chance. I am so tempted to go to the rants forum right now, I see way too much of this.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 23, 2004, 06:27 AM
On 2004-06-23 03:31, AquaFlare7 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Sometimes people can be misproven, the government changes it's mind over proof every year about cancerous foods and habits. What if he is right? You can't tell me you know for a fact he is wrong. I look at code for hours on end every day (It is kinda my hobby) and I can tell you right now it is very easy to overlook things. I neither believe nor disbelieve this situation, but give the man a friggin chance. I am so tempted to go to the rants forum right now, I see way too much of this.

Exactly my thought, Aquaflare. Why stereotype these people? It's like saying that all people on PSOW are legit, it just isn't true, and in my opinion, the same applies everywhere else, including IGN. Also, although Sounomi has provided extortionate amounts of information, people make mistakes, and this may be one of those occasions.

But wait, we want this guy to feel uncomfortable just because he's suggesting that maybe a possible correction to Sounomi's findings has been found. He has to be wrong, there is no doubt, because Sounomi is always right. I mean, he could be talking a load of rubbish, but come on, at least give him a chance to try and prove himself, and stop being so hasty to pass judgement!

~ Antimony

lain2k3
Jun 23, 2004, 07:53 AM
Its simple: He hasnt proven anything yet, sounomi did.

And juding from the collective experience of most of PSOW, what he is saying is a load of crap.

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 09:38 AM
you are wrong i did prove it, look at the pinkal id, post.

Ketchup345
Jun 23, 2004, 09:43 AM
On 2004-06-23 07:38, Luis wrote:

A) You have yet to prove the current "fact" wrong. You just showed a clip of the code that could be found by Google or something. It has to do with the log in message, nothing to do with tech disks.
B) Why didn't you post the relevent part of the code (reguarding tech disk findings) instead of some useless code? If you have figured out the code, then it would have taken you no time to post the part of the code in debate.

Hrith
Jun 23, 2004, 10:00 AM
You're hilarious, do you even know what you posted ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 10:04 AM
why i should help or more information, when every idea is rejected, and i am not dumb for give you a hell of information, when everyone is closing their eyes with their hand, and this is a HARD work, for say like is was founded on google, try to find the broadband code then guys by yourself, and tell me why i should give you important code when all i can see is rejection, discrimination, and take off credit to a work. But some persons are open minded and some of them are not, oh yeah i will post all the code! but in a way that, only the people who really appretiate it can see it, test it, and whatever they want to, because like i said, if you guys dont want it, its ok simple, dont want it ok, is your choice.

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 10:06 AM
On 2004-06-23 08:00, Kef wrote:

You're hilarious, do you even know what you posted ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah the broadband code

Ketchup345
Jun 23, 2004, 10:10 AM
On 2004-06-23 08:04, Luis wrote:
why i should help or more information, when every idea is rejected, and i am not dumb for give you a hell of information, when everyone is closing their eyes with their hand, and this is a HARD work, for say like is was founded on google, try to find the broadband code then guys by yourself, and tell me why i should give you important code when all i can see is rejection, discrimination, and take off credit to a work. But some persons are open minded and some of them are not, oh yeah i will post all the code! but in a way that, only the people who really appretiate it can see it, test it, and whatever they want to, because like i said, if you guys dont want it, its ok simple, dont want it ok, is your choice.

We are doing this because we actually want to see something useful that can actually disprove Sou's findings. So far you have not done that, but instead posted something irrelevent. Until you post actual info on the Pinkal Tech Disk, we will keep doing this.

We need actual proof, not just words to prove this. You have given us words, we are pushing you to go and post the relevent stuff so that we can see what you are "proving wrong" is actually wrong.

Once you give us what we want, we will stop being so critical of you.

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 10:32 AM
On 2004-06-23 08:10, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-23 08:04, Luis wrote:

We are doing this because we actually want to see something useful that can actually disprove Sou's findings. So far you have not done that, but instead posted something irrelevent. Until you post actual info on the Pinkal Tech Disk, we will keep doing this.

We need actual proof, not just words to prove this. You have given us words, we are pushing you to go and post the relevent stuff so that we can see what you are "proving wrong" is actually wrong.

Once you give us what we want, we will stop being so critical of you.

when you are working for free, what you expect at least is a "Thank you" so far, or having a chance, oh yeah i can prove it, but what warranty i got? of posting a usefull code, and all i will recive are insults, complaining, critics, post this, make a good looking webpage, takes some time maybe 3 more weeks or so.

I dont want to expect nothing for this, but if what i am going to get is rejection, ill keep it for me and for who else are really interrested.

the broadband is a "usefull" code and not important, and since i know you will not use it, or pay attention, thats why is posted, so you can reject it, made critics, or insult. also is part of it not the full code.

Think of this, ill give you all the information you want, i mean all you can have it, and then i got a kick in my butt, i got banned or whatever, after that everyone is using it, happy like stimpy and i am the one who got punished. Because by the way that thing goes, is going to be like that

Ketchup345
Jun 23, 2004, 10:39 AM
On 2004-06-23 08:32, Luis wrote:
when you are working for free, what you expect at least is a "Thank you" so far, or having a chance, oh yeah i can prove it, but what warranty i got? of posting a usefull code, and all i will recive are insults, complaining, critics, post this, make a good looking webpage, takes some time maybe 3 more weeks or so.

I dont want to expect nothing for this, but if what i am going to get is rejection, ill keep it for me and for who else are really interrested.

We will give you a chance. Just post the relevent code and such. Its just we are always skeptical at first, and never believe something when someone only claims to know about it, we need proof (look what happened with the SJS -> TJS claims). We don't give thank yous for just claiming something, we give thank yous for giving proof to something.

It doesn't have to be a good webpage. Just something done in 10 minutes on Angelfire with black text and a white background would work.

You are only being rejected because you are claiming somethign without backing it up at all.

And if you would get banned from PSOW for posting the site, then just IM (through AIM or such) a link to some members involved in this discussion and then they will most likely tell others involved in this discussion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-06-23 08:44 ]</font>

J3553
Jun 23, 2004, 12:15 PM
Man calm down. If you want people to be more thankful or whatever, post something that actually matters! Prove to us that Pinkal finds better techs, I'm sure everyone would love to find out that was true (especially those with Pinkals!).

Hrith
Jun 23, 2004, 04:44 PM
On 2004-06-23 10:15, J3553 wrote:
Man calm down. If you want people to be more thankful or whatever, post something that actually matters! Prove to us that Pinkal finds better techs, I'm sure everyone would love to find out that was true (especially those with Pinkals!).
But he cannot, because it was proven that all IDs find tech disks equally.

What he posted in that other topic is a pile of crap meant to dazzle us, 'MISS' I say.

LoreSeeker
Jun 23, 2004, 05:25 PM
On 2004-06-21 20:48, Luis wrote:
anyway in 1 month or so i am going to post a webpage for PSO players, also i am no try to expect to see a lots of housoka fans on there.

i am going to post some information of a man that got 5 years programming (not telling the name him, because i dont want attacks to him) and some other ppl that i meet online 2 or 3 months ago, and yeah they know programming on the ACM (ACM means something for you???)
look on http://www.acm.org and go to international college programing if you wanna know more about it.

well thats bad that she lost the interest of it, but
when people left, new people come, quite simple nobody is indispensable in this world. well maybe michael jordan. but if i lost the interest i wont take off a public site, maybe other people still interrested, when do something for certain people, think of them first then think about you.

oh yeah i am going to post not all the code, because i think for a free domain all i got is 20 megas (angelfire), but i will post part of it (the most interresting) also finding rates and whatever i should put on there.

and oh yeah i saw cleary how the ID Sections works
(i am really really going to post that part)

postdata. for some reason you have to copy the link and paste it on address, dont click on it.

i know that there is a lots of Sounomi lovers, like i said, not surprised if some of them start talking bad about our job. but we are not trying to make all the people happy, cuz we cant, ask The Rock about it,
(he just beat some candy asses and not everyone love it....kinda sad, dont worry Dwayne, keep going)

and yeah i think is going to be a month for making a new webpage cuz there is something in the middle, Job for making money for going to the supermarket
(i am not in a MCDonnals, i do computers, no more details about it)

and on gamesfaqs and ign (guys they made money for some reason) you can contact they and say that certain guide, have something wrong, and they take off the guide or contact with the creator of the guide.

i did something like this on Diablo 2 before with the druids, i am used to be attacked, refused or congratulate. Anyway wait for a month if you wanna see the code ill post it.

I could sit and point out all of the grammar mistakes in your post, but I think I'll save myself the time and just get to the point: how can we believe you checked out the code and understood it thoroughly when you can hardly pull off writing a coherent sentence in English? Your last paragraph had two major grammatical errors which disrupted the flow of your sentence (without counting capitalization or punctuation). I would consider it unfair to critique your capitalization and/or punctuation because it's just plain terrible. It would be unfair for my keyboard to have to type out everything that you did wrong.

If you want us to believe you, there are a few things you can do. First, you could always upload a picture for us to check out. You could also invite one of the random programmers you know to come tell us how he/she did everything to figure this out.

For all we know, you're just one of the silly 12 year olds who is trying to spread false rumors. Have a nice day.

Hooga
Jun 23, 2004, 05:40 PM
Dude, just either get it over with and post the code, or don't post the code and let the issue die as it is.

If you post the code relating to pinkal tech disk findings, or a screenshot of the code, or a link to a site with the code (the real code, as if it was proven it was modified or incorrect everyone would flame you to no end), and you are proven correct, then everyone will get off your case and appreciate it.

Otherwise, if you don't or do and are proven wrong, people will continue to treat you as they do. Its a matter of providing proof to go with your word.

Oh and the sooner you get on it the less you will have to endure this.

In short: prove it now and people will get off your case.

LoreSeeker
Jun 23, 2004, 05:50 PM
I think I need to flame one more time, just for good measure.

Luis, do you have any idea how ridiculous it seems that you have come forward with a very rebellious statement, and yet you seem completely unable to back up your claim? It's like if I were to accuse Kef of being a murderer. I could try to take him to court, but if I can't prove that he did anything wrong, I have no case. You have no case at all without posting the code.

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 09:39 PM
[/quote]

I could sit and point out all of the grammar mistakes in your post, but I think I'll save myself the time and just get to the point: how can we believe you checked out the code and understood it thoroughly when you can hardly pull off writing a coherent sentence in English? Your last paragraph had two major grammatical errors which disrupted the flow of your sentence (without counting capitalization or punctuation). I would consider it unfair to critique your capitalization and/or punctuation because it's just plain terrible. It would be unfair for my keyboard to have to type out everything that you did wrong.

If you want us to believe you, there are a few things you can do. First, you could always upload a picture for us to check out. You could also invite one of the random programmers you know to come tell us how he/she did everything to figure this out.

For all we know, you're just one of the silly 12 year olds who is trying to spread false rumors. Have a nice day.

[/quote]

simple english is not my first languaje, and i got a degree on computer science, and no 12 years old kid got a degree

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 09:42 PM
look at the code on this webpage, i wont talk anymore
with brainrocks people, this is where the code is posted, thanks you have a good day!

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/pso/index.htm

also pirates aren't cool.

LoreSeeker
Jun 23, 2004, 10:30 PM

This is kinda changing the topic a little bit, but, uh, pirates rule. When was the last time you saw a pirate that wasn't cool? They're rugged, manly, and plunder villages as a hobby. Even modern pirates are cool, because they beat the system and get expensive software for free. What's not cool about that?

Back on topic, thank you for posting the code. I'll have a bit of a look at that when I have a moment; I'm sure some of the other people around here will be quite eager to check it out as well.

Oh yeah, also thanks for listing my name on your quick thank you list of assholes. <sarcasm>I'm truly honored.</sarcasm>

Luis
Jun 23, 2004, 10:33 PM
On 2004-06-23 20:30, LoreSeeker wrote:

Back on topic, thank you for posting the code. I'll have a bit of a look at that when I have a moment; I'm sure some of the other people around here will be quite eager to check it out as well.

Oh yeah, also thanks for listing my name on your quick thank you list of assholes. <sarcasm>I'm truly honored.</sarcasm>

no problem, anytime