PDA

View Full Version : -_- Learn to give directions

geewj
Jun 21, 2004, 05:41 PM
Ok, so an employment place gave my resume to a few places and I got a interview with one of them.

So the employment place is giving me directions to the other places office.

"Ok, go on route 220 where walmart is, and then turn left on the big hill and right at the three brick buildings. 2 of the buildings are facing eachother and one isn't. It's in the building that isn't facing one, and it's on the third floor. (except she way emphesized wal-mart. Made me think the office was gonna be in the sporting good department or something)."

"Uhh...do you have a street address?"

"No, but it's easy to find, you can't miss it! You can see the office buildings from the street!"

"err, ok."

So I am off to find this mythical office building which is unbound by the laws of street names. I get to the walmart and look for a big hill. Hmm, wallmart seems to be in the middle of it's own little valley...ok. I guess I'l just turn left here then.

*Turn left and drive for 5 miles*

Hmm, this isn't really up a hill, and I would have seen the office buildings by now.

*turn around*

Well, I guess I'll try the next left then.

*drives 5 miles that way*

ok, this isn't a hill either...

*by this time I am 25 minuets late*

ok, well I'll just have to call them and ask where it is again.

*goes back to walmart to use the payphone*

new directions: ok, go until you see a nursery on the left, and turn right right there. Err, ok.

*Repeates everything looking for a nursery this time*

I am now 50 minuets late and there are no nurserys to be seen. I'm also out of gas and don't have any money on me, so I head home.

When I get home the first thing I do is I look up the company name in the yelow pages, I find their address, I put it into mapquest and I see where the hell the place is.

Simple instructions:

Go down the 220, turn left on Sibel, go down sibel for half a mile and the office will be on the right, 1745 Sibel Dr.

Thanks a fucking lot for the absolute worst directions ever.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 21, 2004, 05:53 PM
So... you missed the appointment?

Hell crap like that happens to me all the time. I applied to Cox, but was sent to take a test in an obscure office that is like one hour away. I barely managed to find in time, I take the test. Which btw, was a life test answering real life phone calls... shees. Then they said we eithe call you or email you. If we call you we are interested, if we email you better luck next time.

No phone call, or email for 2 months. Then I get a call, you must hurry back to testing service for second interview... I was like, ok. When? You must come now, today is the last day (last Tuesday) and you have till 4 pm (received phone call at 3:20 pm..) And I was, ok, where to. They said to the same location as before...(but that took me over an hour to get too..) So I couldnt find anyone to take my shift (I was currently working) and it was impossible to make it in time. So I called back, said I couldnt make it, but to please hold onto my application for the next opening, they said yes.

Today I open my email... and what do I find... "Sorry your application has been rejected..."

I know this is not about directions and such, but it pissed me off.

shifter
Jun 21, 2004, 10:54 PM
sorry to hear that Frink, for some reason placement companies are just really bad. ive been invovled in one since i got out of school(week before mothers day) and i dont have one yet. though i think its odd that they didnt give you good direction, let alone street names, i hope(and i do mean hope) that they have learn some sort of lesson. by the way, can you still talk to the company that you were trying to get to?