PDA

View Full Version : What Does BSOD look like?

SophiaSeed
Jun 21, 2004, 10:52 PM
simply like the post says.

Occasionally my gc will come up with an error saying that the machine can no long read the disk and to concult the manual for the GC.

I ended up buying a whole new GC and i just recieved the message again. In all honestly, it's only my PSO games that do this. Mario Kart did it too, but not yet. If i can i will try to put up a pic of it on here.

RFB
Jun 22, 2004, 09:08 AM
BSOD: Blue Screen Of Death. You know, typical windows error when a blue screen with text appears saying that a big problem has occurred? that is a BSOD.

And if it only happens with your PSO Games, the safest guess would be that your PSO Games are not right.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 12:35 PM
are you jokin? PSO wasnt workin so u bought a new gamecube....y not try a different copy of PSO?
anyway......did u even try cleanin the discs?

Rich_T
Jun 22, 2004, 02:13 PM
windows = Bluse Screen of death
PSO = black screen of death
basicly the entire screen goes black, and you have to power off, with the usual resultys of not saving ( these can be minimised with a bit of care)

Myopathy
Jun 23, 2004, 06:25 PM
It may be that your PSO disks are scratched up? If the GC is having problems reading it and getting a new GC didn't help, that'd be what I would guess.

PaleKid15
Jun 27, 2004, 02:12 PM
It's not the disk, it's not the game cube, it's sonic team. No matter what, you will occasionally BSOD, FSOD, and the like. Why? Because ST sucks, that's why.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jun 27, 2004, 05:46 PM
Strangely when I had just got my Gamecube few days before the release of PSO for the Gamecube and a few days following I bought a copy of PSO I had the same problem. I would play with my FOnewearl for hours then the problem didn't really start till I was playing online. I would turn it off clean my disk and still got the error then I tried other games no other game but my PSO had this problem, then I tried it on a refurbished gamecube that my brother loaned to me and oddly it works. I am waiting for my replacement lens from Lik-Sang...(I hope those fooks don't chip my clutch of my lens this time around grrrrrr!!!) Once I get my lens from them (hope they get it right this time around)I will see if it will work for me.