PDA

View Full Version : Best weapon for a ranger?

Luis
Jun 21, 2004, 10:56 PM
i wanna know what most of the people thinks about whats the best ranger weapon, and why?

Solstis
Jun 21, 2004, 11:15 PM
Pallash.

Why?

So you can feel like a pimp jedi. Now let me get back to getting prepared to turn off the laptop and then to bed, even though... blahblah

Acually, the Yasmikov mecs (forgot... sleepy) have incredible range and power.

Shintaro04
Jun 21, 2004, 11:48 PM
Guld Milla awsome mech power, but pain in the ass to get both handguns.

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 12:58 AM
Ok, there is no one 'best' weapon for any class. To be useful in all situations, one needs a variety of weapons.

I have said it before, and I will restate it here:

The only weapons a Ranger will ever need are a Frozen Shooter, an S-Rank Needle and a Yasminkov 9000M(Or Red Mechgun).

The three of those, and you have basically everything covered.

ViewtifulJoe
Jun 22, 2004, 01:02 AM
GULD MILLA!!! Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla Guld Milla!

Like 260 power for mechguns! Yeah!

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 01:31 AM
Guld Milla sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 02:04 AM
On 2004-06-21 23:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
Guld Milla sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

no, just because yas9k is better doesnt make it suck.

and there is no best weapon.

Fossil
Jun 22, 2004, 06:15 AM
Yas9k has range. Guld Milla has power. Superior in everyway shape and form as well.

But the core of all ranger ownage has to be from the needle itself.

SJ
Jun 22, 2004, 09:40 AM
Who the heck said yasminkov3000r over yasminkov9000m or v?
>_>

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2004, 09:56 AM
Highly suggested equipment for RAngers:
1) Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen with hit% - great rifle, best specials in the game
2) S-Rank Needle - not great in the power department, but it is better than shots in many situations. Also, you get a customizable special, though this weapon is fairly hard to get
3) Yas 9kM/Red Mechs - Nice ATP on mechguns, the Yas as insane range, and these are actually findable where the Guld Milla is not a very realistic item to get

ATHANASEUS
Jun 22, 2004, 10:47 AM
really, you need a good rifle, shot type weapon, and mechgun to get it all covered. you never said which ranger, either, and rangers with low atp arent as good with mechs, as say, a high leveled racast with a POW mag. i vote yas9k over guld milla however, because some of the faster ultimate enemies can catch up to you after a combo with a really short ranged, slow animation.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2004, 11:59 AM
My Racast (now 187 and edging ever closer to 200) finds he likes the s-rank shot with zalure (totally rocks with a good team ripping up seabeds), the spread needle (paralyze is good), frozen shooter (can anyone say East/West Tower?), and the Monkey King Bar?

Let me explain.

I can tank just about as well as anyone now (2040 HP, immune to most megid). It's kind of fun to wack away as well or better than the hunters - kinda surprises them. It's not what I normally do, but it can be kind of fun.

Also, no one mentions Baranz Launchers. The charge special is really awesome for annihilating swarms of bad boys and I put it to pretty good use on TTF solo runs as well as some boss fights.

Another forgotten hero has to be the s-rank rifle and either the Yas 3000r or the 7000v. When fighting Falz, Flow or Epsilon, those guns combine good pop with excellent range and with either zalure or beserker as a special on the s-rank rifle, it adds yet another good reason to bring it to the party.

As for the Yas 9000m, they are nice weapons; I just find the other guns to be more useful most of the time.

As for the Guld Millas, who really has a legit pair? I've seen hundreds of rangers on xbox with Gulds and yes they can waste bosses quickly, but they're not very good players and ... well.. they're cheaters. Most importantly, I've been killed more times on a TTF run by some noob opening up on Falz with his Guld's while my poor Robot ass was sitting in his fricking mouth - thanks alot asshole - I could have used those 50,000 exp.

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 07:03 PM
There is not a situation where yasminkov 3000 will do more damage than yasminkov 9000 is the same amount of time. unless you happen to have 200 base ata and 4 base atp.

yasminkov 7000 does not have rifle range.

and Charge arms with 50 hit are SO much better than baranz launcher it isnt even funny.

kazuma56
Jun 22, 2004, 07:35 PM
Although Charge Arms is arguably better, it would be hard to obtain unless you actually play till your lvl 150+, and it's special isn't as strong as the BL.

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 07:39 PM
but, it is insanely more accurate, hits more targets, and the bullets travel at a speed so that the enmies cannot physically DODGE the shots.

kazuma56
Jun 22, 2004, 07:46 PM
yea, it is more accurate, but does less dmg in all areas compared to the BL, but the speed of BL's shots are horrid, and the 4 enemy targeting isn't that great either. I guess its power vs accuracy in this case.

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 07:51 PM
when the power is extremely unreliable, and not enough more to make a difference, i say go with accurayc http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but, i dont like missing the oppotunity of shooting dirt clods at enemies.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 08:27 PM

RicoRoyal
Jun 22, 2004, 09:46 PM
On 2004-06-22 18:27, Fyrin wrote:

Dude, stop spamming. This isn't the only topic you've done this on either, so you should really stop now before you get warned by the mods .I won't post on that other thread as it is irrelevent to warn you again now that I have written in this thread (I suggest you go edit your posts). Also, I have nothing to contribute to that thread.

To stay on topic, I'd just like to pretty much agree with most of what has already been said by people like Ian. I vote for the needle though. It is great for the crowd control. Don't get me wrong though, snow queen is also great for crowd control, but it doesn't combo so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif .