PDA

View Full Version : Hey ppl Online prob

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 12:16 PM
MT ISP username and password will not be recognised....keeps failin to authenticate them. im on tesco.net, ill b gr8full for ant helpful suggestions. Yes i do know this is a long shot but its annoyin me.

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2004, 12:21 PM
Stuff to include:

* Dial-up or Broadband
* Internet Service
* What type of Broadband (Cable or DSL)
* If Broadband, what type of modem (if it has a USB or ethernet connection)
* How you are setting it up (such as Broadband router, or linked through computer)
* If using a router, what type (company and wired/wireless)
* Description of error(s)
* What type of cables being used

And please use proper English on these boards, it makes you easier to understand (especially true on this Tech Board).

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 12:24 PM
oh yea soz

System: Gamecube (PSO ep I & II)
Connection: dial up modem
ISP:teco.net

Rich_T
Jun 22, 2004, 01:12 PM
Tesco's are probably re-selling another ISPs product to you
how does your P.C connect to the internet?
can you set up a conection with windows dial up networking?
dou you have to use a tesconet dialer to connect on your P.C

How are you paying for access to this ISP?

Pay as you go
call charges are based on local rate, and the dil up number begins with 0845, you pay for each minute you are conected and this charge is added to your phone bill.

subscription
You pay tesco net a certian amount per month and for this you get access to a special number that does not incur charges.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 01:31 PM
AHA! thats IT!!! you are a genious dude!! im on Subscription, ive put the pay as you go number in!
man i owe u
=D

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 01:36 PM
aaaww bumflaps.....how do i find out the other number?

Rich_T
Jun 22, 2004, 01:59 PM
your dial up number should be displayed when you dial up on your P.C, using the windows dial up networking
it should give the name of the serice your conecting to, your user anme and your pass word as ****** s

If your thinking of upgrading to broadband have a look at http://www.adslguide.org.uk

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 02:03 PM
the number it uses is sumin like 08007****02 is that the right number? ( btw tht isnt the number its just a sorta example) and it says that at the bottom when it tells you what it is doing

Rich_T
Jun 22, 2004, 02:11 PM
looks like the one, try it and see what happens.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 02:31 PM
right that hasnt worked. the number is 1470126308005****20 and that wont all fit on.
i did try it tho without the 1470 and without the ****20

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 03:22 PM
please help me....i am but a lonely offline player seeking new friends! someone HELP!!!

Rich_T
Jun 22, 2004, 04:01 PM
hmm, i had a simalar problem when setting up my dreamcast to recieve e-mail from my ISP the address was too long and i couldnt use the e-mail function, there was no way round it.

As for your problem, i dont have any expeirience of sing the gamecube modem, however on the dreamcast modem set up there was a option to add in a number for an external line, i think this was called the outside line in the set up.
if a number is entered here, your gamecube modem should dial it before the main number, put the firts chunk of the dial up number into the outside line option, and the second chunk into the main dial up number.

To check you have the correct number, pick up your hone and dial that number as if you were making a normal phone call, you should hear a squarky noise like you do when your P.C connects.