PDA

View Full Version : Those wacky cheaters

oeagrus
Jun 22, 2004, 01:08 PM
This is actually just a humorous anecdote, but I'm sure most PSOers have experienced something like it...

so I saunter over to Apatite block 1 this weekend (home of the hackers) and make a game called "Legit Only PLZ" since I'm rather fed up with the hitting-for-1500 uberhacked cheaters, yet didn't want to play alone...

so the first guy joins & I throw him a pipe down to the Forest and he's a darn good player (polite, legit, using a Durandal or some red sword thingy). He's level 140 and hitting for 200-450. This is good! My Hunny, with her yellow Sato and her yellow Partisan of Lightning (0/20/0/0) is doing about the same.

So you know where this is going, yes? The next guy joins, level 86 RAmar, pipes down, and with his GULD MILA proceeds to deal over 1000 damage per shot, of which there are nine in a combo. I knew this was coming, so I ask him if he happened to notice the name of the game.

"Yes," he says "but there were NO OTHER GAMES to join, so I joined this one. You guys don't mind, do you?" (lol)

I say "If you put that hacked crap away, and play normally, you're welcome to stay."

So he goes back to town & returns with a Yasimkov-whatever & proceeds to start dealing out about 900-1000 damage per shot. Level 86. Yeah, right. So, naturally I say "If you can't play legit, please leave. It's not difficult. Legit, stay. Hacked, leave."

"For your information," he replies "a Yasmikov is not hacked."

So the other guy and I, in unison, literally laugh out loud saying "Level 86'ers can NEVER LEGITLY DEAL one thousand damage. Period.".

So, back to town he goes. While there, he asks if it's okay to have 100 on Native. The other guy just blurts out "No. Go away." I snicker. He whines some more, but then as we get to the dragon, he just up and leaves, but not before spreading a few insults.

Anyways, sorry for the novel, but some people just don't fricking get it. No matter how much you try or how polite you attempt to be, some people are so far down that path of cheating that they can't even tell they're doing it anymore. Kinda sad, really.

(typo edit)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oeagrus on 2004-06-22 11:10 ]</font>

Zinger314
Jun 22, 2004, 01:46 PM
Never (or, very very rarely) trust a HUmar or RAmar on Apadite to be legit. They are often made by anime-stricken 12-year olds who love to cheat.

(I hate anime.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-22 11:50 ]</font>

Siris
Jun 22, 2004, 02:20 PM
That is some seriously amusing stuff. I would have laughed my butt off. It is also sad yes but, in a funny sad kind of way.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2004, 04:21 PM
We've all experienced this.

It's like putting the sign out "legit only" is a cockroach magnet.

Maybe we should start calling games "shit-tards only" and only PSO players would know that it's a pass for legit games.

Vercingetorix
Jun 22, 2004, 04:28 PM
On 2004-06-22 14:21, Sitka wrote:
We've all experienced this.

It's like putting the sign out "legit only" is a cockroach magnet.

Maybe we should start calling games "shit-tards only" and only PSO players would know that it's a pass for legit games.

LOL !!! good one sitka. Haxors only would work too

Mixfortune
Jun 22, 2004, 04:32 PM
On 2004-06-22 11:46, Zinger314 wrote:
Never (or, very very rarely) trust a HUmar or RAmar on Apadite to be legit. They are often made by anime-stricken 12-year olds who love to cheat.

(I hate anime.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-22 11:50 ]</font>

Yes, we all know anime is what makes people use hacked characters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, it's particularly amusing how "there were no other games to join" when he could have either tried a different ship/block or have made his own game. Considering his damage output, he could possibly solo quite a few quests (provided he doesn't die every other minute).

Sitka
Jun 22, 2004, 04:32 PM
Yo Veric,

I'll try to see doc about making your enemy parts into weapons when I get off work.

Sorry for the delay.

Vercingetorix
Jun 22, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-06-22 14:32, Sitka wrote:
Yo Veric,

I'll try to see doc about making your enemy parts into weapons when I get off work.

Sorry for the delay.

I trust you. It ain't any good weapon anyway so i'm not that worried.

Sanzo
Jun 25, 2004, 06:52 PM
It is simple and you are right cheaters do not get it nor will they ever understand the definition of legit. Well some do but the vast majority do not.

SerialGAMER
Jun 25, 2004, 08:42 PM
That sucks man. Oh well, it could be worse, (i.e. DC PSO). NOLed up and down, PKed all over the place, CKed all over the place. I mean, at least he didn't have the power to NOL you. I say cheers to that!

K4t4n4
Jun 27, 2004, 10:13 PM
Yes, we all know anime is what makes people use hacked characters.

Amen to that. It must be a miracle that I am able to use a non-hacked character (well not that hacked) and yet can still watch anime without any nasty side affects. They should put me in a medical journal or something.