PDA

View Full Version : FOmar help

rukus
Jun 22, 2004, 02:44 PM
im kind of new to the force bit, I had a 30 foneweral once and she was a lot of fun (til my mem card corrupted and she was lost) I restarted a FOmar, but I hear they possibly can melee?

What's better, using melee with your techs? Or stricly techs?

Im redria btw.

Any input is appreciated!

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 02:55 PM
Honestly, I will have to tell you that you would be better off just using techniques. On my files you find it interesting that by simply using a HUnewearl you be basically using your so called "Melee Force".

rukus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:03 PM
so is there a difference between a Foneweral and a Fomar? Does the Fomar benefit in some way over those midget newmans?

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 03:09 PM
See the Fonewearl and Fonewn have very low accuracy so if you were to use them as melee force you may not be able to even hit your enemy. Apart from that there attack power is not as high as Fomarls or Fomars.

And besides who wants to run around with midgets.

rukus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:13 PM
michael jackson?

So if you guys had to pick between Fomar and Foneweral, which would you pick and why?

once again any input is appreciated..

ps- Redria on my force right now is the ownage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:22 PM
Depending on where you are and what you're doing, you probably will NOT be better off using techniques.

Uhm, no. HUnewearl != Melee Force.

If you want to be a melee Force, of the two you've listed, FOmar is the obvious choice. A melee FOnewearl is possible, but she's much better off sticking to her techs, because she's so specialized into her role she can't easily get out of it.

LoreSeeker
Jun 22, 2004, 03:24 PM
FOmars aren't very good at using techniques, just because they have pretty lame MST/TP. I recommend using mechguns with high hit on them in conjunction with support techniques --Jellen especially-- to get the most out of your character. That's not to say that FOmars are incapable of nuking enemies from time to time, they just won't deal out as much damage as a FOnewm/newearl would.

Also, FOmars and FOmarls have the lowest ATA in the game, and are the only class that can't use S-Rank Mechs. That is why any hit on weapons is highly recommended (and is pretty much required online). FOnewms/newearls have decent ATA, and therefore can possibly get by without as much hit for meleeing. The problem with them is that they really don't have enough ATP to do worthy damage, especially the FOnewearl.

FOmars are a fun class to play if you're looking for a different side to being a force. They are very hard to play because of their low MST and low ATA, but they can effectively wipe out entire rooms by themselves at later levels, and eventually they will be able to do it in a more TP efficient manner than a FOnewearl could do while nuking.

I would personally choose a FOmar over a FOnewearl, just because I haven't had any problems with mine yet. If you have extra space on your memory card (or an extra memory card), I would make both classes. They're both very different from each other in the way that you play them.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 03:29 PM
I ought to commit seppeku.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 03:33 PM
lan-kun I want you to name one place where tecniques are not effective.

LoreSeeker
Jun 22, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:33, Fyrin wrote:
lan-kun I want you to name one place where tecniques are not effective.

Granted, I'm not the guy you wanted to answer this, but bear with me here.

Ian didn't say that techniques weren't effective, I don't think, but rather that there are more efficient ways to get the job done. Why waste TP on a single enemy when you could barrage them with a ton of damage from your mechs and get the same overall effect?

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:38 PM
Technically, a FOmar is a better tech nuker than a FOmarl. FOmarl has worse MST and TP, and no useful damage tech bonuses.

And GOD I hate mechgun FOmars. Especially ones that claim to be 'melee'. Nothing drove me battier online than a game with mechgun FOmars in it(Or for that matter, any class using mechs and nothing else)

Good melee equipment for a FOmar: Soul Banish/Rainbow Baton/Hit % Diska of Braveman, S-Rank Twin, Red Handgun/Holy Ray. Ok, you have everything you need there. Multiple enemies? Got 'em covered. Single enemy with lots of HP/Boss? Got it covered. Flying enemies/Recoboxes on wall? Got 'em covered.

LoreSeeker
Jun 22, 2004, 03:42 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:38, Ian-KunX wrote:
Technically, a FOmar is a better tech nuker than a FOmarl. FOmarl has worse MST and TP, and no useful damage tech bonuses.

And GOD I hate mechgun FOmars. Especially ones that claim to be 'melee'. Nothing drove me battier online than a game with mechgun FOmars in it(Or for that matter, any class using mechs and nothing else)

Good melee equipment for a FOmar: Soul Banish/Rainbow Baton/Hit % Diska of Braveman, S-Rank Twin, Red Handgun/Holy Ray. Ok, you have everything you need there. Multiple enemies? Got 'em covered. Single enemy with lots of HP/Boss? Got it covered. Flying enemies/Recoboxes on wall? Got 'em covered.

I can understand what you're saying about mechgun FOs driving you mad. I personally don't have a problem with them as long as I still get my share of exp.

I don't think that an S-Rank Twin would be a good idea for a FOmar. I tried that in Ult once, big mistake. With the FOmar's lack of ATA, it's really hard to hit anything enough to keep them from hitting you back. Instead of that, I would recommend a Double Saber or Twin Brand with decent hit %.

rukus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:43 PM
Cool

all I wanted to know is that my Fomar isnt going to suck ass and I'll be regretting make the mar instead of the neweral.

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:42, LoreSeeker wrote:

I don't think that an S-Rank Twin would be a good idea for a FOmar. I tried that in Ult once, big mistake. With the FOmar's lack of ATA, it's really hard to hit anything enough to keep them from hitting you back. Instead of that, I would recommend a Double Saber or Twin Brand with decent hit %.

One, FOs cannot use Twin Brand.

Two, I have a L144 FOmar. I melee with him. I've meleed with him online in Ult Ruins. I don't have any more trouble with S-Rank Twin on my FOmar than I do with Demolition Comet on my HUmar.

>_>

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 03:46 PM
If you want to talk about time efficiency then simply get a hunter say a Hunewearl and actually do lots of damage on your enemies or use some Melee Force and do little or even any damage to your enemy.

You decide!

LoreSeeker
Jun 22, 2004, 03:50 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:45, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-06-22 13:42, LoreSeeker wrote:

One, FOs cannot use Twin Brand.

Two, I have a L144 FOmar. I melee with him. I've meleed with him online in Ult Ruins. I don't have any more trouble with S-Rank Twin on my FOmar than I do with Demolition Comet on my HUmar.

>_>

Heh, good call about the Twin Brand, I forgot that. XD I still recommend Double Saber with hit though.

Are you doing all normal attacks with your S-Rank Twin? If so, I suppose that would probably work, but I don't think I could ever do that. My thumb instinctively goes to X for the hard attack.

LoreSeeker
Jun 22, 2004, 03:56 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:46, Fyrin wrote:
If you want to talk about time efficiency then simply get a hunter say a Hunewearl and actually do lots of damage on your enemies or use some Melee Force and do little or even any damage to your enemy.

You decide!

I know Ian is going to disagree about a mechgun FO being a melee FO, but whatever, I'll say this anyway.

My FOmar uses his mechs all the time to do maybe around 2,000 damage per combo. On top of that, my Resta heals everyone around me. Add to that level 30 S&D. Then add J&Z. Then add the ability to cast level 30 attack techs if the need arises for them. There you have a FOmar who can sit back and use his support techs when the situation doesn't call for nuking, but can easily fall back on techs if the going gets tough.

A HUne can do a lot of melee damage, and has level 20 techs, and although it would seem that they should be able to do decent damage with them, they just can't. I have had no real luck nuking with HUnes, because their damage just can't match up to the a FO's higher level techs and higher MST potential.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I see your point.

rukus
Jun 22, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:56, LoreSeeker wrote:

On 2004-06-22 13:46, Fyrin wrote:

You decide!

I know Ian is going to disagree about a mechgun FO being a melee FO, but whatever, I'll say this anyway.

My FOmar uses his mechs all the time to do maybe around 2,000 damage per combo. On top of that, my Resta heals everyone around me. Add to that level 30 S&D. Then add J&Z. Then add the ability to cast level 30 attack techs if the need arises for them. There you have a FOmar who can sit back and use his support techs when the situation doesn't call for nuking, but can easily fall back on techs if the going gets tough.

A HUne can do a lot of melee damage, and has level 20 techs, and although it would seem that they should be able to do decent damage with them, they just can't. I have had no real luck nuking with HUnes, because their damage just can't match up to the a FO's higher level techs and higher MST potential.

=0 Thanks for that info lore thats kind of inspiring.

What mechs should a redria camp at what level? (what sec id is your fomar?)

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 05:22 PM
You shouldn't be using mechs on your FOmar. XP Unless of course you're offline only and can't get S-Rank Twin. Then find Charge Vulcan/Gatling with 50% Hit or an L&K14 Combat with decent hit.

Low levels, get a Soul Eater, get a Double Saber, any handgun will do.

You're REDRIA, so you'll want to hunt the following:

God/Battle(Ult Hildelts, do Forest of Sorrow)
Magic Stone Iritista(Ult Hildetorrs, pipe in Forest of Sorrow or do runs in hopes of scoring God/Battles between Hildetorr spawns. You'll want a Slicer-type with at least 50% Hit, no reason to make one with less)
Soul Banish(Ult Sinow... Spiegells, I believe? Central Control Area of Gal Da Val. This will take a while.)
Red Handgun(Very easy, Fake in Yellow for Pal Rappies)
Guard Wave(Ult Pofuilly Slimes. Just split all slimes you come across, addicting Food has a bunch, and kill them all.)
God/Arm(VHard Pan Arms)

You should find plenty of Secret Gears on Hard, as well. Secret Gears are great. So. Yeah. >.>

REDRIA is a nice ID. :3

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 07:40 PM
dont forget the units in VH, god/arm, cure/shock and the like.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2004, 08:29 PM

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 09:20 PM
On 2004-06-22 17:40, lain2k3 wrote:
dont forget the units in VH, god/arm, cure/shock and the like.

I mentioned God/Arm. Read it again. XP

EJ
Jun 22, 2004, 09:32 PM
A mech for a Fomar isn't good unless a higher lvls or with high hit. Also a varista with good % can be very useful until you get something better like Holy ray http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BarbieHunter
Jun 26, 2004, 03:04 PM
so what would be a good section id for a force.

iamfanboy
Jun 26, 2004, 06:18 PM
Well, for the first time today I started using mechs with my FOmar (50% Hit Vulcans), with his ATA maxed as well, thanks to a dex mag I've had for I don't know how long...

And I was most impressed with my ability to keep up with my HUcast buddies.

I am now not a melee FO, I am a gunslinger FO. I don't care what Ian thinks, I love using my mechs and my Holy Ray. Be damned his opinions, with mechs I can use power stuff and cure/whatever the area requires.

Maybe, once I get past level 140, I will bust out the S-rank twin that I haven't even ground yet and start to emulate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif my hero, Ian-Kun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif [/sarcasm]

Then again, maybe not.