PDA

View Full Version : Insane in the Membrane

Sitka
Jun 23, 2004, 11:31 AM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five - but six. Six rare enemies in six of the last eight runs. Whoa!

Last night, running challenge mode episode II, stage 1, we get a love rappy in our first run - the middle rappy of the three in the first or second room. Drops nothing, force dies, start over.

Second run, same room, middle bird, love rappy. Drops nothing, force dies, start over.

Third run, same room, middle bird, love rappy. Drops nothing, force dies, start over.

Fourth run, two rooms up, Nar Lily, drops nothing, force dies, @#$%, Traps = 4; Force = 0; Traps>Force.

Give up on Ep. II for the night, move on to Ep 1, hook up with savvy veteran and blast through challenge run in record time. Everybody's happy, quit for the night.

Log on this morning, nobody on, run solo TTF, caves, Mil Lily. Kill Mil Lily, drops meseta (oh boy!), finish TTF.

Log on, roll through Central Fire Dome Swirl, hit second part, Hildetorr. Kill Hildetorr, drops nothing, finish game.

Six rares in eight runs - why oh why did four of them have to be Ep. II challenge, stage 1? So now you know if you've been hunting them, they're all hiding. I'm quickly become the unluckiest person in all of PSO: Current running totals = 13 Pal Rappies + 4 Love Rappies + 12 Mil Lily's + 5 Hildetorrs + 3 Red Slimes + close to 1000 bosses = no rare drops (my last rare drop from a rare enemy or boss was over a month ago).

Post = General (Challenge + Quest + Rant = General). I couldn't decide where to post it.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 23, 2004, 11:38 AM
Thats quite unfortunate. I like your topic name though! What should the mil and torr have dropped?? Just curios. The last random rare enemy I found was when i was beating FiY a coupla days ago with my skyly hucast. I had a feeling I was going to find one, and sure enough, in the third room, when the ring of 6 rappys dropped down, one of them was a pal. Of course, he didn't drop his treasured ANGEL HARP, but hey, if i ever search for one, I one pal ahead.

Ketchup345
Jun 23, 2004, 11:39 AM
I believe that if you fail a Challenge Mode game, the enemy patterns are saved for the next try, as long as it is in the same game.

So those enemies reappeared because you started the stage over because it was failed. At least it gave a fairly nice EXP boost to anyone who helped kill it.

I once found a Hildeblue in E2 C1. I was away from the others as a HUcaseal, it took a while to kill with my Handgun, but I did it. I believe that was also the run I finally finished the stage.

I was ripped off by a Mil last night too. Would have been a God/Power I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-06-23 09:41 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Jun 23, 2004, 12:10 PM
That is INSANE bad luck! You have my warmest sympathies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Here, you can have some of my luck, I'm not in need of it at the moment. *Bottles luck, tosses to sitka*

shifter
Jun 23, 2004, 12:15 PM
i can somewhat feel your pain. the last time i did a c-mode with my friends, i saw a red slime. the last time i saw one of those was about thre months ago. and dont feel to bad a barely see any rare monsters, two pal rappies, one al rappies, one hildeblue, three nar lillies, one mil lilly, and two red slimes, thats it. and ive been trying to get a froozen shooter for ages it seems and still no hildetorr. dam you rares, i hate you and love you at the same time.

lain2k3
Jun 24, 2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, thats pretty fucked up. Not the worst luck, but far from good.

And besides, the ONLY hildeblue Ive ever seen was in Cmode >_>...

PatserGOUKI
Jun 24, 2004, 03:00 AM
Too bad of luck, but as someone already said, the enemies are saved as you fail the Challenge mode.

So in final, you came along 2 special enemies, at least as I would have said, in normal game.
Im sorry you didn't find any cool stuff...

greetz

PatserGOUKI

Sitka
Jun 24, 2004, 11:49 AM
Follow-up to yesterday's post.

C-mode Ep. II last night, completed first run (yea), force survived - crappy time, but completed.

C-mode Ep. II, 2nd run, completed much faster and got both a Nar Lily and a Hildeblue in the same run. Force survived, ready to move on to 2nd stage everybody happy.

TTF run this morning, Mil Lily and Red Slime on the same run. Only dropped meseta.

Adding it all up, three love rappies, 2 nar lilys, 2 mil lilys, 1 hildetorr, 1 hildeblue and 1 red slime in 11 runs. No drops. Lucky? Unlucky? I'm going insane! And c-mode rocks!