PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Looking for a Baranz Launcher.....(need some Help)

mrdiaz
Jun 23, 2004, 05:16 PM
ok, I'm a Whittil RAmar Lvl.121, offline only. I am looking for the Baranz Parts. I am repeating the (Ult Mode) Quest: Soul of Steel because there is a Baranz right there. My question is, the two people I'm with Montague and Elenor they keep shooting it and have killed the thing quite a few times and if they kill it before I do, does it count as their kill and drop whatever their color ID would get? or does it still count as a Whittil Drop? Does anyone know of a better place for finding this thing?

Ketchup345
Jun 23, 2004, 05:19 PM
The ID of a drop depends wholly on whoever is player one. So in single player games, including quests, it will be your ID.

Check the enemy count guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=50) for where the most of an enemy can be found in a quest.

mrdiaz
Jun 23, 2004, 05:24 PM
is this even a good weapon to look for? Right now, I'm armed with a L&K 14 Combat+20, a Arms+1 and a newfound Stag Cutterly. what whould you suggest for me? (I can go all the way to Ult Seabed and Ult Ruins).

Sitka
Jun 23, 2004, 06:58 PM
I tried that same quest way back when trying to get a Red Scorpio and finally gave up after about 100 tries - later I found out that the weapon wasn't that good, meh.

The Baranz Launcher, on the other hand, is a good weapon. With a charge special, you can destroy packs of baddies and bosses too. I like it, anyway.

In the meantime, as you slowly level up to 150+, keep checking the shop and the ???weapons for a charge vulcans or charge arms. They work real well too and will probably be available before you get that launcher.

But I would say go after the launcher - I like it. And I like doing the first room of that quest over and over again as well. You'll pick up some other good stuff and gain levels as well. Of course, just my opinion (flame guard).

mrdiaz
Jun 23, 2004, 10:13 PM
alright thanks. I will continue to search for it. I want to say though, I WAS looking for the L&K 14 Combats, until I came to the Mines...and this quest. I now have over 20 Combats. I'm starting to regret the "I wish I could find that Mechgun..." Now I'm swimming amongst them. and I will keep an eye out for the Charge Vulcans/Arms, though, I don't believe I'll get anymore arms anytime soon. Thanks for all your help everyone.

lain2k3
Jun 23, 2004, 11:55 PM
Baranz launcher is TERRIBLE in comparison to charge shots with hit% from the store.

It has about 30-40 less ata.
It only hits 4 targets.

but mostly it is the fact that the bullets from the thing are so slow that enemies can phsysically dodge them. I have had artle and cilchis move out of the way of my shots as i fired at them X.x

Blue-Hawk
Jun 24, 2004, 12:07 AM
Good luck. I, myself, have killed literally a thousand + Baranzes in multiple id's that can get the parts and no go. Hell, I have been trying to get a legit one since v2. >_<

Xaos127
Jun 24, 2004, 03:03 AM
charge arms are a lot better, but baranz launcher is in no way bad except maybe only 4 shots, their incredibly slow and is fing shit!!
although i really like mine, it matches my RAcast quite well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SJ
Jun 24, 2004, 03:08 AM
Isnt the effect charge anyway?
If Im right I agree with lain

Carlocijs
Jun 24, 2004, 03:10 AM
huh? Im missing anything? Can you get weps with hit at the shop?

And yes the baranz launcher is a good weapon to hunt for. I liked it too but you should find out yourself.

lain2k3
Jun 24, 2004, 09:44 AM
On 2004-06-24 01:10, Carlocijs wrote:
huh? Im missing anything? Can you get weps with hit at the shop?

And yes the baranz launcher is a good weapon to hunt for. I liked it too but you should find out yourself.

Yes, you can get any percent at the store, including hit. There can only be 2 different percents on any given weapon, and they will range from 5%-50%.

Carlocijs
Jun 24, 2004, 10:49 AM
At what moment in the game can you buy good weapons like that?

lain2k3
Jun 24, 2004, 10:50 AM
pretty much anything outside of normal, and then at higher levels, you can come back and buy normal mode weapons with hit%

Sitka
Jun 24, 2004, 12:23 PM
There are very few times I find myself disagreeing with Lain, but this is one of them.

I do like the Baranz launcher. For a high level Racast, it hits pretty well and the charge special works great against bosses in particular. Yes, there are better weapons and I don't use it that much, but I like it a lot better than say Iron Faust, Nug Bazooka, Gi Gue Bazooka and so on. Of course, that's just been my experience and I wouldn't know how well it works for other characters. It also looks kinda cool and makes an awesome booming sound when you unload on say Da Rol Le.

The charge arms are better - I now have multiple sets with 50% hit - fire sale at the bank - willing to trade if on xbox - and the charge vulcans with 50% hit really rock - another fire sale - willing to trade.

I started seeing 50% hit weapons somewhere around level 150. Now at 187, I see some kind of 50% hit weapon almost every time. I have quite the collection of 50% hit everythings which are quite handy when friends want something to make a combination/special weapon out of. If you're on xbox and you need something with 50% hit, PM me - chances are I have it or can pipe for it pretty quickly.

Butoden
Jun 24, 2004, 12:33 PM
I found 50% hit weapons from around lv 100 so maybe you just started looking for them around lv 150? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 24, 2004, 08:33 PM
On 2004-06-24 10:33, Butoden wrote:
I found 50% hit weapons from around lv 100 so maybe you just started looking for them around lv 150? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

50% hit items appear around the 60s-80s I believe.

The 150 point that was mentioned is when you can start buying the gold weapons from the shop (Laser, Arms, Vulcan, etc.).

ViEtBoi
Jun 24, 2004, 10:48 PM
On 2004-06-23 15:19, Ketchup345 wrote:
The ID of a drop depends wholly on whoever is player one. So in single player games, including quests, it will be your ID.

So what about offline multiplayer? Does this apply to?

Xaos127
Jun 25, 2004, 01:01 AM
On 2004-06-24 20:48, ViEtBoi wrote:
So what about offline multiplayer? Does this apply to?

ofcourse, and online.

mrdiaz
Jun 25, 2004, 01:17 PM
so let me get this straight, Say I'm playing offline multiplayer, I'm player one, my little bro (P2 is a Redria HUcast and my GirlFriend (P3) is a Purplenum FOnewearl. and my little bro kills a delsaber expecting it to drop a left arm, will it instead be counted as a Whittil Drop instead of a redria?

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 01:25 PM
Whoever starts the game sets the section id for that game. If the game starter leaves, the second person becomes the new section id. And so on.

It works well online or offline.

Let's say you start a game on Pinkal as player 1. Two people join and as you're playing they complain about your section id because, as everyone bitches about on PSO World, Pinkal sucks.

Player number 2 has Purplenum id - you all decide to use his id instead. Online, player one drops out and rejoins the game = Purplenum id. Offline, start new game with Player now Player 1 = Purplenum id.

At least that is how I understand it.

KveerRaven
Jun 25, 2004, 02:36 PM
I think thats about how it goes. I was playing (on the Japanese version for GC) with my friend in the Ruins on V.Hard. He had a Redria and mine was Yellowboze. I felled a Delsaber and he dropped a rare. If his character section ID had been mine, it would have been the Right Arm, but is the Left Arm due to his section ID and because he was the 1st player.