PDA

View Full Version : Numb with pain.. is there any hope..

DCKaz
Feb 9, 2001, 02:26 PM
Went to save after hitting level 20, completeing a 45minute ticker quest in 44:38 the second time around in caves, upgraded my mag two more forms, finally in a place where I'm stocked with mana potions AND have cash AND have items, life it too friggin good, I'm have a grand time on and off line, beat caves and the cave boss again (long ass fight) just before nailing the couple online quests.

Get up to get a drink while it saves, controller drops, card pops out. It wants the card back, put it in.. suggests it isn't the same card/file (?!). It's all over folks. 40+ hours, my lovely character, almost my love for the game. Smashed by the fact Sega's dumbass VMU jumps like a spawning fish out of water when the controller even lightly hits my carpeted floor, unlike any of the third party VMUs which remain snug (I did a lot of testing afterwards). goddammit.. seems the worst thing I could have done is put my important save on SEGA memory.

So I have this file I haven't been able to bring myself to overwrite yet, but PSO won't let me use it. I know it's over.. I just can't bring myself to admit it. But here I am on the tech board if anyone had *ANY* idea how I might come out of this ok.

Short of that I'm turned off gaming for a bit. I'm trying to raise a character, but I got to do all the same damn things over again.. I wanted to get through with my force first.

Like getting hit in the stomach, and the wind just won't come back..

You might want to tape/glue/weld your blessed memory cards into your controllers.

Good vs cheating? Sure. But it's also good for ruining a great gaming experience with one simple mishap. *cry*

DCKaz

ragnarok
Feb 9, 2001, 11:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That happened to me, well not exactly...but I did lose alot of gameplay TWICE !!!!!!!!!

Maverick
Feb 11, 2001, 11:51 PM
That blows. I had my memory card pop out during the game once before. Now I use 3 patches of duct tape. There's no way those VMUs are coming out on their own.

Anonymous
Feb 12, 2001, 05:33 AM
Still bites I had to do it over.. but I've been hard at work lol.

FOmarl 21 Terra Prime

(I didn't think people would get Terra')

chuckles

DCKaz

QVirus89
Feb 13, 2001, 03:34 AM
Oooh...... the horror. Yeah that's happened to me a few times. Really annoying. I haven't tested it, not having mulitple VMUs right now, but can you copy the Guild Card and save file from VMU to VMU? I used to do that with other files, and copied save files every time I reached something. (call me paranoid and slap me silly) But backing up files is good. And how can your VMUs fall out? I can barely get mine out, and I use my shirt to get enough grip to pull the dang things out.

--sympathetic PSOer

DCKaz
Feb 13, 2001, 06:34 PM
duck tape it if you have to :b

I'm using the jumpack/vmu combo, that thing doesn't move. You can't copy, but there is a rumor you can mail yourself the VMU file and that might work.. I might try it with some goof characters.

I'm kinda hoping I never run into a problem again :b

FOmarl Terra Prime 26