PDA

View Full Version : Help onSuper Smash bros meelee

InfinityXXX
Jun 24, 2004, 02:25 AM
I only play as Marth and Dr.Mario and when my sister picks zelda, she constantly presses the c stick left and right activating zeldas smash attack. Its so hard to attack her and i end up losing. There is no absolute way to beat her. I tried attacking her from above but she dodges. Then i tried timing her attacks but it never works. Its worse when her, my bro, the cpu, and i play together. I atk the cpu or my bro but eventually i get knocked across from the stage and my sister, who is hiding somewhere while we 3 fight, pops out of nowhere and does that zelda heel kick. Please help me in finding a strategy to defeat my sister with cuz i am stumped. By the way, what makes me mad about losing to her is because she is only 6 years old and i'm 16!!!!!! I know.....i am so ashamed.

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 03:00 AM
it's simple, you just suck. other than that, just use your counter move (back + b i think) or roll behind her as she does it...

noob-of-fury
Jun 24, 2004, 03:38 AM
*cough* projectile *cough*

Dr. Mario is god.

InfinityXXX
Jun 24, 2004, 03:54 AM
You don't have to be that mean! In one on one fights i can beat her and i can beat her in a 4 person meelee but i lose in the whole meelee because shes always popping out of nowhere evrytime i get knocked into the sky its so aggrovating, so annoying. Its EVERYTIME I FLY IN THE AIR before i gain consciousness she pops up, heel kick me, i either die or receive heavy damage i go after her kill her real fast, she comes back to life, i attack my bro or the cpu, eventually i get knocked in the air, she jumps out of nowhere, heel kicks me or smash atk me, i die, i come back to life, kill her final life. but then i only have one life and my bro has two. I tried going after my sister in meelees and focusing on her but my bro starts hitting me evrytime i fly in the air unconcious, thus repeating the cycle.

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 04:07 AM
then say that. marth is a very bad group fighter, since he has no crowd control moves.

space_butler
Jun 24, 2004, 05:39 AM
kirby with his uber rockness could win...or ness if your bored...otherwise just throw stuff around, shoot or play super sydden death mode...no-one lasts more than about 20 seconds in that

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 24, 2004, 06:26 AM
Learn Link FAST.

Then learn to dodge and counter everything.
Don't forget the ever useful air dodges, hold block then tap a direction dodge/roll behind to counter, pressing block as soon as you hit the floor upon being knocked around to spring back up, also the hit block as soon as you hit the ground for Link's downward slash in case of a miss and less recovery time.

A friend taught me all of this through good words of wisdom in matches and constant Link beat downs.

Then tell your bro during the start of the match to help you kill off Zelda first. Please. No pride here. They may be ganging up on you without you ever knowing it. Not too hard to continue fighting between the better fighters once the "hide and try to pick off damaged fighters" players are tossed.

SS:BM is a damned fine game for multiplayer.
You will get humbled many a time.
Don't go for one character only.
Know your strengths, work on improving your weaknesses.

Learn Link(regular not Kid, not Kid ever), and pound Zelda all over the stages. Zelda is for n00bs pretty much. An experienced player with Zelda is hard to beat but not impossible. A n00blet using worn out tactics and strategies shouldn't be too hard. You know what they are gonna do. You should know how to defeat them.

Edit* "defeast" to "defeat" ooh tired typing funzo fun!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-06-24 04:29 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
Jun 24, 2004, 06:51 AM
On 2004-06-24 04:26, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Zelda is for n00bs pretty much. An experienced player with Zelda is hard to beat but not impossible.

Last time I checked Zelda was ranked last place nation wide, even with her transform. Link is in the upper tiers of the game as he has a wide variety of maneuvers. Just learn to time Jiggly Puff's one hit kill move correctly and have at it.

space_butler
Jun 24, 2004, 07:16 AM
jigglypuffs one hit kill thing gets quite hard to do if your fighting someone agile...but that makes it more fun when they die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Madzozs
Jun 24, 2004, 07:45 AM
Use Ness. Launch the fire at them, when she is stuck, crack her in the face with the baseball bat.

Blade_270
Jun 24, 2004, 08:06 AM
Marth is a somewhat decent chracter but his attacks are not as strong as roy's. Roy has moves identical to marth (except the charge). If you need to beat her, try using B+down. that's the counterstrike. any attack will have no effect and you will quickly strike back. It's cheap, but it will make you win....eventually.

AquaFlare7
Jun 24, 2004, 08:32 AM
On 2004-06-24 05:16, space_butler wrote:
jigglypuffs one hit kill thing gets quite hard to do if your fighting someone agile...but that makes it more fun when they die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you land inward from above the enemy with a downward kick, it gets pretty easy to pull off. Once I got the timing down I rarely miss, though my friends force me to use someone else these days.

derBauer
Jun 24, 2004, 10:45 AM
You and your sister don't deserve help because you are playing Nintendo.

Screw Nintendo.

InfinityXXX
Jun 24, 2004, 10:46 AM
I guess i was kinda closed minded with the characters i used. Its just that i like marth for his/her agilness.(its been so long since i looked at his/her profile so i forget his/her gender) With Marths agilness and speed i'm able to tear only one person to shreds but due to the fact that i'm doubled teamed by my bro and sis its hard to hit both of them. Next time i fight them i'm gonna use adult link. I think his spin slash will take both of them out when they corner me. Do u think thats a good idea? I SUCK at fighting games and this is the firs time in 4 years i played a fighting game.

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 11:12 AM
On 2004-06-24 08:45, derBauer wrote:

Screw Nintendo.

The reason they deserve help is because they are playing Nintendo.

Nintendo > you

Jason
Jun 24, 2004, 11:17 AM
On 2004-06-24 08:45, derBauer wrote:

Screw Nintendo.

Why did you say screw Nintendo? If Nintendo didn't exist, you won't have a GC yourself to play PSO unless you are getting a X-Box version if Nintendo didn't exist.

doubletake123
Jun 24, 2004, 11:59 AM
well there are a couple of things to do:
roll behind and use c stick smash
roll behind and grab her grabbing is one of the most underused moves in the game but when you do that you can throw a combo together easily
time the parry move umm down b i think ok that was for marth here is what to do with dr. mario:
roll behind and c stick smash
roll behind and grab and throw backwards or up and throw together a nice combo.
time the cape move then grab
shoot pills at her
hope that helps

learn to use captain falcon and link fast.

Butoden
Jun 24, 2004, 12:15 PM
Is noone here a Fox player? I always play with Fox! Link is even worse than Youngh Link, who's spin attack is much more effective IMHO!!

Saciel
Jun 24, 2004, 01:52 PM
Take yourself into special melee and play super sudden death 99 stock... me and my friend play it all the time when we get bored of all the other games lieng about... it really givesyou the edge.

One thing that you must make sure of to win super sudden death... make sure you hit first before your opponent... that or just don't get hit, hence the perfect training for being quick and evasive

...I'm a fan of Pichu myself... just as annoying as pikachu but even faster and if used right damaging yourself with your own attacks shouldn't matter.

Firocket1690
Jun 24, 2004, 02:40 PM
@ above poster, with the SD thingy and 99 lives..

Attack that does most damage usually sucks, try going for something that gives high impact.

.. and roy > marth
roy > all

..and all who use fox/falco suck, cheapest little bastards in teh game
=/

.. oh, and have you ever tried SINGLEB BUTTON MODE ?
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(a button only)

Rainbowlemon
Jun 24, 2004, 05:35 PM
Samus > all

Take a breather, power up that wonderful charge beam of hers, and blast her to oblivion.

Or, if you're slightly more experienced, use mario. His cape is so underused, she'll start getting really annoyed if every time she tries to hit you, you just turn her round http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, and Samus and Link can hook onto the arena walls. That's GOTTA be worth something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-06-24 15:35 ]</font>

Gnarled_rose
Jun 24, 2004, 05:39 PM
Try expanding your characters. Marth/Roy are pretty great, but Zelda's a freaking powerhouse! Play with some other characters, expand your horizons, try playing against Roy/Marth as another character. If nothing else, you'll find their weak points.

Bradicus
Jun 24, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-06-24 10:15, Butoden wrote:
Is noone here a Fox player? I always play with Fox! Link is even worse than Youngh Link, who's spin attack is much more effective IMHO!!

Link is your god. Bow to him.

Trust this coming from a guy with several thousand kills as the green wonder.

Anywho: No one has the right to insult the first poster. None of you started SSBM with the insane skills that they have now, so just chill.

Your C-stick problem will evaporate with time. By the time you can consistantly recover against walls and pluck thrown items out of the air, repeated smashing will be far below you. I would suggest surprising your sister by using the Doc's cape followed by a quick "-> -> A" dash or Marth's insanely quick air attacks. The latter will take lots of time to master, but it will be worth it.

Sayara
Jun 24, 2004, 06:41 PM
Anywho: No one has the right to insult the first poster. None of you started SSBM with the insane skills that they have now, so just chill.

Ahem,

Anyway, I think Marth can be used well for your case. i THINK Zelda's Foward Smash has a smaller Range than Marth swords (Someone tell me if thats right) and Marths Strongest point is the tip so if you can pull in a Quick Smash on her you can do some fine damage, and she's a light weight so 90-100 will be enough to wipe her out.

For the Suprise Strikes If you can break out of your "downed falling atate" [like kicking or something in the air] And either Air Dodge or Down B it, (Down B is the counter attack, it works better for Roy but its decent for Marth)

Well other than that, Practice and keep an eye for Weakspots on your foe.

Bradicus
Jun 24, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ahem,

Anyway, I think Marth can be used well for your case. i THINK Zelda's Foward Smash has a smaller Range than Marth swords (Someone tell me if thats right).

I would duck and use his superb poke to stop her smash spamming and leave her open for more attacks.

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 07:18 PM
Gannondorf is my favorite character, and if used right the best character. His insane power, fast normal attacks and combo ability when used with evasion/rolling is nigh unstoppable.

Sheik is probably my best character though, simply because you can be soooo cheap with her its unbelieveable. Super speed + master edge guarding + best combos + items > all.

Pikachu or Pichu however are the best crowd controllers IMO and easily the most annoying characters.

Bowser wins the prize for highest learning curve with highest pay off. A good bowser user is chaos incarnate.

doubletake123
Jun 24, 2004, 08:59 PM
ganondorf is not that greay of a character i could own you with dr. mario you couldn't keep up with me.
I'm not saying your bad its just that hes just not fast enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubletake123 on 2004-06-24 19:03 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Jun 24, 2004, 09:19 PM
I had the game for a while but i just started playing it recently, i'm not that good at it yet. My bro and sis are more experienced than me cuz they play more than me. I'm getting the hang of dodging and air dodging and i lost to my sis with link because she teamed with my bro and killed me.(I swear, my bro and sis got something against me) I fought them using dr.Mario's cape trick.......and I WON. I trained all last night with lv.9 cpu's, from 9 pm to 3am and i guess practice does pay off. My new fav character is now Dr.Mario.

doubletake123
Jun 24, 2004, 09:48 PM
good choice he's one of mine but definatly try to get good with marth ive been owned by him plenty of times.

Bradicus
Jun 24, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-06-24 18:59, doubletake123 wrote:
ganondorf is not that greay of a character i could own you with dr. mario you couldn't keep up with me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubletake123 on 2004-06-24 19:03 ]</font>

I find that the speed of the character is not nearly so important as the speed of the player.

Sayara
Jun 24, 2004, 11:12 PM
On 2004-06-24 19:19, InfinityXXX wrote:
I had the game for a while but i just started playing it recently, i'm not that good at it yet. My bro and sis are more experienced than me cuz they play more than me. I'm getting the hang of dodging and air dodging and i lost to my sis with link because she teamed with my bro and killed me.(I swear, my bro and sis got something against me) I fought them using dr.Mario's cape trick.......and I WON. I trained all last night with lv.9 cpu's, from 9 pm to 3am and i guess practice does pay off. My new fav character is now Dr.Mario.

Doc Mario Eh... hmm, Wow, I dont really know anyone who can use the Doc Correct.

Outrider
Jun 24, 2004, 11:49 PM
On 2004-06-24 16:28, Bradicus wrote:
None of you started SSBM with the insane skills that they have now, so just chill.

I did.

Really!

But uh... just learn how to attack from above, use items.. y'know, the basics of kicking people around in Smash Bros.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-06-24 21:49 ]</font>

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 01:45 AM
learn hoow to use the all powerful Mewtwo. He can destroy anyone when use the correct way.

Firocket1690
Jun 25, 2004, 02:16 AM
all else fails, take out mr g&w and toss bacon.
he is so underestimated it's not even funny.
the forward A smash kills most thihngs with 50+ damage.

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 02:48 AM
Yes GW is overlook alot is quite good when you know how to use him

LostHero
Jun 25, 2004, 06:56 AM
That simply isn't true. Gannondorf, is at the highest tier of characters competivley, as ranked by professional SSBM tournaments. The only character currently ranked higher than him is Luigi (mewtwo or falco one below I think), who is a god when you compensate for his poor vertical recovery. Gannon, simply needs good use of L canceling, dodging and tact - if you are a beginner and don't know the various methods for manuvering/recovery than of course he will seem slow.

Dr.Mario is a middle tier character, plain and simple.

doubletake123
Jun 25, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-06-24 20:08, Bradicus wrote:

I find that the speed of the character is not nearly so important as the speed of the player.

your partly correct...I can throw moves together with dr.mario and marth sooooo much faster than with ganondorf and i forgot to mention that ganondorf does not have a very good recovery move.

LostHero
Jun 25, 2004, 06:52 PM
then the problem would fall on you, not the character. if you are going to make claims as to what character is better than another, you might want to add "for you" or "for how i play."

Bradicus
Jun 25, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-06-25 13:29, doubletake123 wrote:

On 2004-06-24 20:08, Bradicus wrote:

your partly correct...I can throw moves together with dr.mario and marth sooooo much faster than with ganondorf and i forgot to mention that ganondorf does not have a very good recovery move.

I am totally right and nothing else >_>
If you can predict an attack, it doesn't matter how fast your character is. That was my point.
Ganon sacrifices speed (which, as i said, is not needed) for power.

And i'm not sure what you mean by "recovery move" (Up B, revival attack, edge revival attack, or R recovery?). If you mean his Up B, that is balanced by the fact that he has defence comperable to Bowser. Therefore, you shouldn't spend nearly as much time out of the ring.

LostHero
Jun 25, 2004, 08:40 PM
Indeed, and considering gannons godly throwing and combo ability, you really shouldn't be spending much time trying to get back to the stage. If you use L-cancel or similar tech's, his spike downtimes etc are almost non-existant. Also, if you are playing the NTSC version of the game, his tilt attack is is so strong it's broken. His tilt and falco's spike are the only 2 broken things in the NTSC (us/jp i think) version of the game, which is why they are banned from tournaments.

Bradicus
Jun 25, 2004, 08:42 PM
On 2004-06-25 18:40, LostHero wrote:
Indeed, and considering gannons godly throwing and combo ability, you really shouldn't be spending much time trying to get back to the stage. If you use L-cancel or similar tech's, his spike downtimes etc are almost non-existant. Also, if you are playing the NTSC version of the game, his tilt attack is is so strong it's broken. His tilt and falco's spike are the only 2 broken things in the NTSC (us/jp i think) version of the game, which is why they are banned from tournaments.

?
What is this Tilt attack thingy?
Does it have something to do with his extended bunny hood combo?

InfinityXXX
Jun 25, 2004, 09:08 PM
DANG, you guys must be very good. I'm strugglin with the final mission. Um..I was wondering who is the hardest character to play as cuz i wanna try to beat my bro and sis with that character so i can prove that they sux and are meerecheap players.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2004, 09:27 PM
People say the following are tricky...

Game and Watch [WAY Light and very tricky to control]
Jiggly [Light]
Pichu [Suiciding self with B Attacks]
Yoshi [Lack of 3rd Jump]
Ness [Tricky 3rd Jump]