PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-OH!!

Mr_Snuggles
Jun 2, 2002, 10:03 PM
Sup everyone..i was wondering...does anyone here play yugi oh cards? (duel monsters) or watch the show? if so reply maybe we can duel

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jun 2, 2002, 10:08 PM
I watched the show yesterday! Oh yes so boring in Michigan, I had nothing to do but pet some cats and watch TV =@_@=.

I use my PK trap card, you die... -1500 points!

dekar
Jun 2, 2002, 10:12 PM
i watched it. it was ok.
saw the cards, thought about buying them, saw the price...
saw the game... didn't see it to rent..
everything is against me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nerd
Jun 2, 2002, 10:38 PM
The kid looks like he has a pot-leaf for hair...i love me pokemons tho!

Vitamin_D
Jun 3, 2002, 01:50 AM
Yu Gi Oh! I Doooope! I love the show, and I got the PSX card game (just to let you know...the rules in the show and the PSX one are Very different...) It's time to duel!

DarthWufei
Jun 3, 2002, 01:55 AM
I used to just LOVE that show, but now my interest in it has gone down a bit. That always happens to me though, I like somethng for a month or two.. then it fades for a while. I doubt it will happen to PSO, hasn't happened with any online game I've played.

Balthor
Jun 3, 2002, 02:19 AM
the show is awesome!the animation is pretty cool,the story is...eh corny,and the duealing is exciting to watch.the cards interested me,but GOD! 10$ for a pack of yugi cards here....what a rip off!*continues on with magic the gathering instead*

Crawurm
Jun 3, 2002, 04:53 AM
I've played the game for the playstation, it wasn't too bad, I've seen the anime on kids WB too..... It wasn't too bad....

I just wonder about the different rules used for the card game, the PS game and the Anime

LostHero
Jun 3, 2002, 07:27 AM
First balls, then cards, then chains, then digital pagers, then small boxes... the japanese have to be the largest animal abusing nation ever...

Moo2u
Jun 3, 2002, 05:14 PM
Your move! Yuuuuuuu-gi-oh!!

I can't get that theme song out of my head. If anyone can find an mp3 version of it, give me a shout.

The show's not bad. The monsters look cool. The card cost money I don't want to spend. That's my thoughts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shrevn
Jun 3, 2002, 06:04 PM
If you ask me the PSX game blows....
Its in tournament type and in the cartoon they battle street way... that's what sucks about it... but i like Yu-Gi-Oh!!!
The cartoon ROCKS!!!
I only have one card no its not the BIWD
i got the Black Eyes Red Dragon! My fav!

Kaiba: I will get you for this Pegasus
Pegasus: Stop being childish and duel me Kaiba Boy!

Tuir
Jun 3, 2002, 06:48 PM
On 2002-06-02 23:55, DarthWufei wrote:
I used to just LOVE that show, but now my interest in it has gone down a bit. That always happens to me though, I like somethng for a month or two.. then it fades for a while. I doubt it will happen to PSO, hasn't happened with any online game I've played.

Try Ragnarok Online. ._.

Alisha
Jun 3, 2002, 07:19 PM
i got the game for psx and i watch the show oh and wobba its red eyes black dragon derrr!!!!!

Sojo
Jun 3, 2002, 08:17 PM
I've never seen the show, but my sis has; she loves it!

Only problem is, cards that are printed in English are like gold dust round here! They've got tonnes of Japanese cards but they're no fething use...

Sounds to me like it's a cross between Pokemon and Cardcaptors. Quite an interesting idea.

With any luck they can get a story better than Pokemon!! I used to be amused by that show, then it got boring as hell, Digimon beats it hands down for plot!

Oh, and there's a new series coming ot over here on Cartoon Network to promote the new toy; Beybladez.
Sounds crap...

Think Pokemon but with plastic spinning tops instead of monsters.

Shrevn
Jun 4, 2002, 06:46 PM
lmao !!!
CONGRATULATIONS ALisha!
YOu discoverd my TYPO!!!
YOu have won a BIG BAG OF!!!

NOTHING!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wobba on 2002-06-04 16:47 ]</font>

Last_Saiyan
Jun 4, 2002, 06:55 PM
I never liked that show primarily because every single fight involves the Blue Eyed Dragon kicking the snot out of everyone and that kid's voice is just way out of whack with his look. Is is just me or has someone else noticed it also. Yugi's voice sounds like it belongs to someone 10 ft tall. I don't know, I guess I can grow to get used to it, I've done it with Mike Tyson.

Shrevn
Jun 4, 2002, 07:02 PM
hmmm.... the blue ice white dragon...
(if i said the name right...)
isnt on every battle... only one person owns him and that is KAiBA!!!
There are only 4 BIWD cards in the world and he owns 3 of them.
Yugi's Grandfather had one but kaiba ripped it up because he wants to be the only one who has them.
and the deal with yugi's voice is because the millenium item that he has with him,
has some type of ancient spirit that helps him out on battle's only who i believe is called Yu-Gi-Oh!!! so the voice changes because its not yugi talking its the ancient spirit...

Last_Saiyan
Jun 4, 2002, 07:09 PM
Oh cool, that explains and answers alot then...however, well, I guess it's just me but everytime I tune on, they're always whipping out the blue ice dragon and the times that I watched it, Kaibe brought out his but Yugi oh has his also and it didn't seem like there were any strategies were involved. I should watch it more often, I love that darn Mancala Knights though, or something like that. Those two midget knights do tread pretty darn close to Hentai waters at times though. hehehe

Mr_Snuggles
Jun 4, 2002, 11:12 PM
uhhh its Blue EYES!! White Dragon btw. and that "spiritual force" taht u said is Yami Yugi, Yugi back in egyptian time. BEWD doesnt always appear only if kaiba is there. the show and the card game are completely different. cuz in the card game u have to sacrifice a monster of ur own to bring out BEWD. if the card game was like the show id be kickin azz with my 3 summoned skulls and 3 bewd!! neways does anyone play the cards?

Sojo
Jun 12, 2002, 11:53 AM
A cousin of mine spent a couple of years in Japan teaching them english, and he said that Yu-Gi-Oh was plastered all over the place there!

It's supposed to be quite a different sort of card game, even in the quality of the cards. They cost about 50p per hundredweight over in Japan and they're like A4 regular paper, none of that glossy, rigid stuff like pokemon cards are made of.

They've even got vending machines which churn the things out.

Ian D
Jun 12, 2002, 01:59 PM
I saw one episode when a clock kicked the crap out of a dragon... yeah, that's about all I know about it.

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2002, 05:49 PM
On 2002-06-12 11:59, Y0SHI wrote:
I saw one episode when a clock kicked the crap out of a dragon... yeah, that's about all I know about it.

I saw an episode where the main character used a clock card to fast forward 1,000 years, which turned his young dragon into an ancient dragon(much stronger) and it turned the enemy harpies into old, decrepit ladies XD

...woohoo..eh..not enough controversy.
*loads up Neon Genesis Evangelion*

Kent
Jun 13, 2002, 03:36 AM
I saw the episode where Kaiba ripped up that Blue Eyes White Dragon card, and then Yugi kicked the shazbot out of him with those 5 cards that make that one unstoppable ... thing or whatever.

Needless to say, that's the only episode I've seen, and that was a long time ago.