PDA

View Full Version : Is colour blindness going to be a problem?

SLON
Jun 24, 2004, 07:22 AM
Does colour play a big part in Ep3? I would like to get it, but not if I can't see what is going on. Any colour blind people out there playing the game?

Malkavian
Jun 24, 2004, 10:07 AM
Uhm... ypu can play it without seeing colours. In fact I needed many time to understand how the colors worked and still I played.

The colours are basically for know to which attacks the defense cards can be used.
And which Action cards you can combo with the weapons/characters or other action cards.

Anyways the game already let you defense or combo the cards if is possible. And it doesn't allow you to if it's not possible.

It may puzzle you why you can't combo those cards or why you can't use that def card. In those occasions you could use the card database here to read which colours has the card.

Also but is just anecdotic you wont be able to see the traps colours. But they are on very few stages, only humanoids can see them and they arent much relevant.

Superguppie
Jun 24, 2004, 10:16 AM
Often the biggest problem for colourblind people playing a game is not such fine-tune things as those combo colours. Many games are utterly unplayable because some things that are plainly different in colour to most, are completely indistinguishable to colourblind people. Also, there are different forms of it, causing different effects.
As I am not colourblind, I have no idea how playable Ep3 is to someone who is...

Mixfortune
Jun 24, 2004, 11:38 AM
You could try checking out some of the tournament videos and see how it looks. Although that may not be the best indicator, it could only help, I would think.

zimmk2vgc
Jun 24, 2004, 04:54 PM
I am colour blind myself and have had no problems playing the game. Although once you get into it, you notice that you know whats what after a while. I don't the degree of your clour blindess, but the colours for combos are quite different. Myself, I have a very weak colour blindness, which i cant see the difference between similar colours such blues and purples. But the colours arent similar, the ones that matter anyway...

SLON
Jun 25, 2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks for your help, everyone. Like most colourblind people I have problems with red/green/brown, blue/purple/pink, and other strange combinations! I've played games before that need you to tell colours apart (eg to activate the computer press only red switches) and it's really frustrating! If you think it's not too important I will give it a go. Thanks again.

RFB
Jun 25, 2004, 07:38 AM
You could also check the card databse, and give a look at the card colours, and see if you can identify them nicely enough.

Skorpius
Jun 25, 2004, 08:39 AM
I've got basic colorblindness, with the red/greens, and blue/purples. The colors are easily distinguishable, i feared about it myself, but it's pretty simple once you get used to it.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 25, 2004, 10:51 AM
With time youll learn the card names and wont be needing the color guide as much. You can also use psow to help you out.