PDA

View Full Version : Hacked mag problem..

Faust
Jun 24, 2004, 09:17 AM
Uhh, I know I shouldn't have been using a hacked mag in the first place, but the point is, I was... anyway, onto my question.

I had been using a hacked mag for a while, but after not finding a single red box, I asked someone online about it. They said you cannot find red boxes with a hacked mag. I figured as much... so anyway, I got rid of the mag...

But I still can't find any red boxes. All I can think is the worst -- can I ever find a red box on this character again? (Either that, or this lvl 100 Sato is somehow considered hacked...)

(PS: Also, there is a possibility that I just haven't come across a red box, but after 3 Ult Forest runs and a quest, I doubt that I would have found nothing. :|

Vercingetorix
Jun 24, 2004, 09:26 AM
You must have hacked weapons in your bank or equiped, You are using the x99 fluid trick. all these behavior prevents you from getting rare.

I haven't receive alot of rare in the forest myself. I think that once you go in the cave and mines you will get more rare on Ultimate level

Faust
Jun 24, 2004, 09:28 AM
Ah.. I DO stack... extremely useful for feeding a mag. Oh well, I can stop doing that, too. Hmm... I'll cut it down to the regular max and see if I can get any rares. If not, I'm gonna have to look over the weapons...

EDIT: Oh and, as for your comment about not getting many rares in the Forest... I have to agree, but I still usually find one every few run or so. Either way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Faust on 2004-06-24 07:45 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jun 24, 2004, 09:48 AM
Your profile says you frequent a GC ship, so I'm guessing you're on GC. For GC the hacked-MAG/no reds works only if you have PSO+. So, if you don't have that, you're just not so lucky.
And not getting any red boxes for 3 ULT Forest runs and a quest is not exceptional. I sometimes get nothing in 10 ULT runs. And I know where all my stuff came from.

In short, you're hacked MAG may not have had anything to do with it. You can just have been unlucky, like most of us are regularly...

Faust
Jun 24, 2004, 10:14 AM
Going from level 20 to 80 without finding a single red box? (going through each difficulty on the way?) I'd have to be cursed.

But anyway, I'm down to x10 per item, no hacked mags, and as far as I can tell, no hacked weapons. About 3 different runs, no rares yet. But I suppose I'll see what happens soon...

Also note: I'm doing most of this offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Faust on 2004-06-24 08:15 ]</font>

Callie
Jun 24, 2004, 10:17 AM
Hacked wepons don't matter...What ID are you?

Callie
Jun 24, 2004, 10:23 AM
oops or mags....Its luck

Faust
Jun 24, 2004, 10:48 AM
Obviously something DOES matter, because you don't go through every difficulty and then do a bunch of Ultimate runs and not see a SINGLE rare except for online (in which case it also depends on other people). So far, I've seen 0 red boxes offline. No PDs, no Add Slots, no nothing.

Meaning... there is DEFINITELY something effecting it. And apparently, it still is, or I'm just not lucky at the moment, and because of past experiences (I usually find rares, even if they suck, rather quickly), I think I just can't find any, literally. But I'm still looking...

Callie
Jun 24, 2004, 10:52 AM
Just take your time and chill about it...k?

BladeofDarkness
Jun 24, 2004, 11:04 AM
Don't listen to these guys it does effect regular GCN too because it happened to me too, a friend gave me a hacked mag and even though I never used it just having it in my bank made it so no rares appeared. I figured this out after piping 18 pal rappies none of which dropped my red partisan which is a 1/2 drop but as soon as I got rid of the mag I piped a rappy and it dropped a red partisan.

Vercingetorix
Jun 24, 2004, 11:52 AM
I can only confirm on PSOX. I've played 35hrs in a row without a rare with a Hacked mag. Next 15 hours I got 20 rares without a hacked mag. I guess it speak for itself.

Superguppie
Jun 24, 2004, 12:03 PM
Oh, so now the people that have been around here for some time are fools or liars. There is no telling whether it happened to you, as no red boxes doesn't mean you can't get any.
Personaly I have seen the opposite. I have been in many teams with hacked mags, some even multiple. NEVER stopped any red boxes from dropping.
On the other hand, I have also had entire weeks of dayly hours without a single red box. And I play about as much offline as I do online.

So, considering the many posts from people with reputation on this forum, (some even smart enough to just read it in the programming code!) I think it is safe to say that the hack/red thing is for the GC/PSO+ and XBox (with online patches) versions only.
I have to admit that some of the stories told can be pretty convincing, but you hardly hear any stories of people to whom it didn't happen. So, here's mine.
Even legit players have their periods of very low red counts, which all end at some time. Sometimes that even happens with multiple finds in a single run. The fact that it happens to some at exactly the moment they ditch a hack doesn't prove anyting.

BladeofDarkness
Jun 24, 2004, 03:08 PM
Listen, both my friend and I experienced the same thing and when I had the idea that it was the mag we both got rid of them and as soon as we did rares started occuring again, BUT I still was not totally coninced it was the mag for all I know I could've had absolute shit luck for 5 days where no rares (apparently not even 1/2 drops) would drop but since I wanted it proven one way or the other I tested it again with a different character once again there were no drops and I played for ten hours with that thing doing tons of runs through places that have low drop rates but still nothing dropped. Just because people say that they looked at the code and it wasn't there doesn't mean it's a 100% fact, they could've missed something, they might not have read it right I don't know exactly what could've happen since I've never taken interest in looking at game code but there is a possibility that they got something wrong. Just look at all the debates STILL going on about pinkal tech disks even though supposedly it's been proven that pinkal doesn't find disks any better then anyone else. I'm not saying I believe pinkal finds better tech disks but all I know is that those mags screw up the drop rate. As for what you said about people using hacked mags in online games, are you sure the game was started by one of the ones using a hacked mag? Because I could find rares online if I joined a game where the game starter didn't use a hacked mag. It's also a possibility that mags only effect offline play and not online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-06-24 13:09 ]</font>

hotdogs_r_us
Jun 24, 2004, 06:10 PM
On 2004-06-24 08:14, Faust wrote:
Going from level 20 to 80 without finding a single red box? (going through each difficulty on the way?) I'd have to be cursed.

But anyway, I'm down to x10 per item, no hacked mags, and as far as I can tell, no hacked weapons. About 3 different runs, no rares yet. But I suppose I'll see what happens soon...

Also note: I'm doing most of this offline.

I went from Lev 1 to Lev 88 and found me 1st red box. Then 1 more at Lev 105 so its all luck!

Sitka
Jun 24, 2004, 06:16 PM
I've posted quite a bit on this topic and I'm convinced there is some affect on xbox and that's having experimented A LOT - however - the proof that there is an affect, offline or online, does not yet exist.

Easy solution: forget about the damn hacked mag issue.

I did, and it's much better now, I assure you.

Don't use 'em, don't keep 'em - no worries.

And: "Friends don't let friends use hacked mags."

Get over it and get back to playing.

Callie
Jun 24, 2004, 06:33 PM
Why won't you belive me? I have played since DC.Its only luck...I use a hacked mag and no I'm not a hacker and plus I find many red boxes on my two forces....

BladeofDarkness
Jun 24, 2004, 07:36 PM
Heh, I've been around since dc too but that doesn't have anything to do with this conversation. OK wait a sec you're saying your two fos use hacked 1304+ mags and they still find rares? And you are on GCN right? If that's the case then maybe it is just luck but in any case I agree with sitka, I'm not 100% sure it's the hacked mags but I'm still staying far far far away from them and I think everyone else should too.

Callie
Jun 24, 2004, 07:58 PM
I say its 50/50 I really don't know I think it matter on what lv the mag is or something like that but if your not getting any rares from them...then well just don't use them, I dupe and plus I find rares but I have legit things like the items I found on White and Dark...

MrLostman
Jun 25, 2004, 01:05 AM
I happen to know many people who are offline only that I give hacks to alot that I dont use. (im legit, mostly.) I have given them many things, including 1304 mags. Thay always bitch about ult runs and how they are swimming in final impacts, silence claws, ect ect. So yeah, its luck, or if you still believe so, BEATS! Which I think has been througly disproven. So yeah, its all luck. As much as you would like to believe that BEATS matter or that your crappy luck is the hacks fault, it really isnt. Hacks effecting normal US/EU/JP (non plus) GC versions, not true.

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 02:00 AM
The hack mag theory of not dropping rares isn't true because I have tested this with a 1304 Angel mag and still found rares during all my runs in Ult. I don't have plus I don't know about that but regardless I still found rares with a hack mag both on and offline,

BladeofDarkness
Jun 25, 2004, 02:30 PM
Oh well, I guess it was just terrible luck, I thought I had tested it enough but I guess I was wrong.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 25, 2004, 02:42 PM
On 2004-06-24 08:14, Faust wrote:

Nah, you're one of the unlucky few. That happened to my RAmarl. Still hasn't found a rare yet, and all of her items are just hand me downs, no "hacks" or anything. Meh, not finding rares never bothered me anyway.

Ketchup345
Jun 25, 2004, 04:38 PM
On 2004-06-24 17:36, BladeofDarkness wrote:
OK wait a sec you're saying your two fos use hacked 1304+ mags and they still find rares? And you are on GCN right?

Hacked Mags do not affect drop rates unless it is with PSO+ or XBox.

Someone here has gotten 2 Red Swords in the same room with only one person not using a hacked Mag in a 4 player online game.

On 2004-06-25 00:00, ForceEJ wrote:
The hack mag theory of not dropping rares isn't true because I have tested this with a 1304 Angel mag and still found rares during all my runs in Ult. I don't have plus I don't know about that but regardless I still found rares with a hack mag both on and offline,

It only affects the drop rate if the team leader is using PSO+. Were you and/or the game creator using PSO+?

Miroku77
Jun 25, 2004, 05:08 PM
does stacking really effect drop rates, i have been hacking for some time, (so has my friend) and he has found some rares with 99 fluids. So whats the deal?

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 06:04 PM
On 2004-06-25 14:38, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-24 17:36, BladeofDarkness wrote:
OK wait a sec you're saying your two fos use hacked 1304+ mags and they still find rares? And you are on GCN right?

Hacked Mags do not affect drop rates unless it is with PSO+ or XBox.

Someone here has gotten 2 Red Swords in the same room with only one person not using a hacked Mag in a 4 player online game.

On 2004-06-25 00:00, ForceEJ wrote:

It only affects the drop rate if the team leader is using PSO+. Were you and/or the game creator using PSO+?

I really don't know if the game creator had pso+ even though it was on a JP server. But a rare was still drop when using a hack mag.

GuerillaPimp
Jun 25, 2004, 07:11 PM
I know we're talking about hacked mags here. But what about Al/Rappy's? Do they also affect drop rates too?

Faust
Jun 26, 2004, 12:54 AM
I haven't read this entire thread since ... well, since my last post pretty much. But anyway...

I removed my mag, no change. Dropped all my stacked items. No change so far as I knew. Dropped any suspectable items. Boom, 2 rares in one run.

In other words, so far as you guys have shit luck, I do not. I know when something is buggy. Never in the history of GCN PSO have I not found a rare in that large of amount of time. I usually find at least one per run, and if I don't find any, it's usually only one round in a row. But there is no way in hell I play 35 hours and not find a single red box. It is NOT all luck. There was apparently something stopping it. What? I don't know for sure. All I know, is that yes, I am saying that whoever said it's all in luck is wrong. Sure, when you can actually find them, it's luck... but I know for a fact that I couldn't find them at all.

By the way, being a respected forum member doesn't always make you right.

Fact is, problem is solved. In my case anyway.

NOTE: Later on, I'm going to try stacking again, and doing more runs. If I find a rare, then I definitely know that stacking does not do it. Then I'll find a hacked weapon and stash it in a bank or perhaps even use it. If no change, I'll try a hacked mag again. I'll get it cleared up with an answer that suits me, and just so you know, the answer will be for me only. Whether you all would accept the conclusion or not is not for me to decide.

On another note, are you all using the US version?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Faust on 2004-06-25 22:57 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 08:31 AM
On 2004-06-25 22:54, Faust wrote:
In other words, so far as you guys have shit luck, I do not. I know when something is buggy. Never in the history of GCN PSO have I not found a rare in that large of amount of time. I usually find at least one per run, and if I don't find any, it's usually only one round in a row. But there is no way in hell I play 35 hours and not find a single red box. It is NOT all luck.
35 hours isn't that much compared to what some people have gone through. Someone here has gone 6 months without finding a rare. It is personal luck.

On 2004-06-25 16:04, ForceEJ wrote:
I really don't know if the game creator had pso+ even though it was on a JP server. But a rare was still drop when using a hack mag.

So your findings may not be useful, since it was proven that 1304 Mags don't affect drop rates in non PSO+/XBox games.

adamgnome104
Jun 26, 2004, 06:28 PM
I have a hacked mag and I found a DB's Saber, Left Delsaber Arm and some random crappy gun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif After finding that stuff I really don't think that hacked mags can affect drop rates...

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 06:34 PM
On 2004-06-26 16:28, adamgnome104 wrote:
I have a hacked mag and I found a DB's Saber, Left Delsaber Arm and some random crappy gun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif After finding that stuff I really don't think that hacked mags can affect drop rates...

For the thousandth time:
Are you on PSO+ or XBox online?

HiroX
Jun 26, 2004, 06:53 PM
On 2004-06-26 16:34, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-26 16:28, adamgnome104 wrote:

For the thousandth time:
Are you on PSO+ or XBox online?

Adamgnome plays on GCN, i've talked to him for sometime now. PSO+ with him, i doubt it.

Johan
Jun 29, 2004, 09:50 PM
I have the original US release, and I found a Sange while toting 255 Trifluids, so.

Vincent02
Jun 30, 2004, 03:05 PM
I play xbox, i have a file thats a legit hand me down, and I've found 5 rares (excluding I gave away the attrubite wall and someone jacked my talis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ), but 0 red boxes. atm, this file is lvl 56 and raising 5 lvls a day (I dont play it 24/7 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

now my question was, has it been completely prooven about the stacking trick? because i've had trouble using 10 trifluids at a time, and having to do 4-7 TTFs to make the money for em.

Plus I have some weapons I traded for that the people said they found... but i'm not so sure. Is there a way you can tell if a weap/armor thats rare (Ie: Brightness circle, red ring(which hasnt been seen dropped yet))is hacked without having hacked precents? thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vincent02 on 2004-06-30 13:08 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 1, 2004, 02:02 AM
I want a lvl 200 baby mag.

Firocket1690
Jul 1, 2004, 03:55 AM
On 2004-06-25 22:54, Faust wrote:
By the way, being a respected forum member doesn't always make you right.

More often than not, that means they've been here longer. Being here longer means they're read more than you and have posted more than you. That also means they knew the result some crap was debatedsome six months ago. There is a huge thread somewhere in mqis section, go dig it up. >=o