PDA

View Full Version : 2 hours wasted....

beatnik09
Jun 24, 2004, 10:26 AM
i dont no if i will ever go rare enemy hunting again in my life. one of my friends said tht in ttf just out of chance he found a nar lily and a last survivor. well today i went into ttf and got to the place i no he found the last survivor, i set a telepipe and continued to do so till i found a nar lily. I NEVER DID, lol. i wasted 2 hours and 200 tps on that, and i still have yet to find a nar lily...

Cryo_
Jun 24, 2004, 10:45 AM
Lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dont ever pipe for rare enemies online, caus it wont work ever...
Only do it offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Superguppie
Jun 24, 2004, 11:41 AM
On top of that, TTF is pretty much the worst place to go look for rare enemies. There's only a few enemies before each boss. There are charts with enemy counts for the quests in the guides section. Choose your enemy, see where it can be found the most and go for that.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 24, 2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah dude... Telepiping for rare enemies doesn't work online... And Last Survivors really aren't terribly difficult to find... I must have three or four. Just keep running around, and you'll find one, eventually. Keep in mind that they're only findable by Skyly, Oran and Yellowboze IDs, and friggin' EVERYTHING drops them for Skyly.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=61&sortby=name

doubletake123
Jun 24, 2004, 12:39 PM
and friggin' EVERYTHING drops them for Skyly.

please don't remind me i have like 20-30 and thats the only ones with percents i sell all the others for ten cents.

beatnik09
Jun 24, 2004, 08:49 PM
well my HUcast is skyly, well today i had the wierdest experience. today i was playing normal offline to get to unsealed door to change an enemy part and on claiming a stake in the first room where the three rappies are 2 were rag rappies, 1 was an al. how do i find them on normal and not on hard? tht is just wierd.

Superguppie
Jun 25, 2004, 03:18 AM
not weird at all. Al rappies appear on Normal-VHard. On ULT they are replaced by Pal Rappy

joncushing
Jun 25, 2004, 04:41 AM
well my HUcast is skyly, well today i had the wierdest experience. today i was playing normal offline to get to unsealed door to change an enemy part and on claiming a stake in the first room where the three rappies are 2 were rag rappies, 1 was an al. how do i find them on normal and not on hard? tht is just wierd.

Yes rare enemies tend to appear in the wrong places, i found an al rappy yesterday on normal mode with my new FO without even trying, i bet when i rech hard and vhard and go looking for them i wont be able to find them lol

beatnik09
Jun 25, 2004, 11:50 AM
Yes rare enemies tend to appear in the wrong places, i found an al rappy yesterday on normal mode with my new FO without even trying, i bet when i rech hard and vhard and go looking for them i wont be able to find them lol
agreed, it makes me so mad>:(

Gjl
Jun 25, 2004, 01:02 PM
Personally I would say piping for rare enemies is a waste of time on anything other than ultimate, and maybe V. hard for certain units. What items you can find, you will get by the truckload from normal crappy enemies and you will regret your effort. You could even argue that piping any enemy is a waste of time since piping isn't fun.

ArnaicMage
Jun 25, 2004, 02:49 PM
I spent a couple hours piping in ultimate with my pinkal and found 15 pal rappies and none of them dropped a rare. The 16th one did, though and it was a 1975 Agito (now an Orotiagito) so I'm happy.

Gjl
Jun 25, 2004, 03:14 PM
15 pal rappies in two hours? You must be extremely lucky. And also lucky for getting the agito in 15 pals rather than the 22 average

Rapture
Jun 25, 2004, 03:34 PM
^ Actually quite a few of the rare enemies drop an easy rare which is difficult to find by the regular means. E.G. Pal Rappy for Whitill drops a Red Partisan, much easier than having to find it from a regualr enemy being as it's a 1/2 drop (could be more or less) and Pal Rappies are pretty easy to find.