PDA

View Full Version : Butt-time theory

Superguppie
Jun 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
I keep wondering whoever came up with the immensely moronic idea that drops are related to beat-time. I, like many, have noticed that sometimes there seems to be a lucky session where one rare drops after the other. But I've played at many different times of day, and never ever noticed rares (whether it be enemies or items) showing up at any particular time.
So, whoever got the idea is either a complete idiot, saw something noone else did, or is a particularly nasty prankster. The nastiness of the prank is not in the idea itself, but in the sheer tenacity with which it seems to cling to existance. Just look at the posts in Ep1&2 General and Item groups, and even, recently, in one of the Ep3 groups. We still get these posts. It's hardly amusing anymore. (Actualy, it's absolutely BORING!)

Hm, not much of a rant I think, but still this is probably the best place to vent my bewildered boredome.
Man, if only I could come up with a rant that could be just half as good as a real 'Uncle Bob'...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-06-24 08:30 ]</font>

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 11:06 AM
Well, It seems like one of the biggest PSO mysteries is how rare drops are determined. People are probably just posting to get out their ideas. I, personally, think it's a load of crap, though. I think everything is completely random.

Arislan
Jun 24, 2004, 01:13 PM
Its not the fact that people are trying to get ideas out, its that we get people who come in who CLING to the idea that Love Rappys pop at 127 constantly, or Hildes at 666. They do NOT understand the concept of a self fulfilling theory in a chaotic system, and that's what gets me. They simply see the results they want to see, and since it worked for them, and works for everyone else, it works.

Never mind the fact that if you pipe at around 127, just like piping around 500 or 620 or 938 every day, you WILL hit Love Rappys, or Hildetorrs, or the like.

Superguppie
Jun 25, 2004, 07:37 AM
I know about self fullfilling proficies. But someone needs to have started it. I never had reason to see any relation, and just reading through these forums alone will make one loose any reason there.
Still we get new people on that got the idea from somewhere. The only source I can think of is people already on PSO, that should know better by now. Yet, the illusion persists...