PDA

View Full Version : S-Rank Weapons Help?

Lonarwolf
Jun 24, 2004, 03:02 PM
What exactly are S-Rank (ES) Weapons and how does one go about getting them? I know that in order to add elements to them, one has to complete the East Tower mission and in order to add percents to them one has to beat the West Tower mission, but how do you get one in the first place?

DezoPenguin
Jun 24, 2004, 03:07 PM
You get one by completing all stages of either Episode 1 or Episode 2 challenge mode online in under a certain total time, which, since I'm not online, I never bothered to learn. Your prize for demonstrating such kick-butt game knowledge and playing skill (and capacity for teamwork, natch) is to pick an S-Rank weapon from a given list.

Check the guides here for more specifics.

Sitka
Jun 24, 2004, 03:40 PM
Also, you can add a special to your s-rank weapon like Zalure, spirit, gush, etc..., but you cannot add percents. It will always show (0/0/0/0).

However, s-ranks can be grinded pretty well (save your trigrinders) and will ultimately be one of the best weapons you can play with - just don't choose a "Toy Hammer."

Those of you offline, believe me, c-mode online is simply the best.

It took me 187 levels of leveling up on all the other stuff before I finally tried c-mode. I'm absolutely hooked now. A lot of guys I used to play with have returned from Splinter Cell or Final Fantasy because of c-mode Ep 2 on xbox - the clan has united! Man you guys on gamecube had it good - now I understand.

Do what you can, but get over here online and play some c-mode. "Hydra," you're awesome. "Shigeki," thanks and you rock man!

Nai_Calus
Jun 24, 2004, 03:52 PM
S-Rank times are seven hours for Ep1 and five hours for Ep2.

Never finished Ep2, but my Ep1 time was well, well under the limit, and it was the only time I ever finished it... Something like 5 hours, 13 minutes. And my C1 time was atrocious, too. Ep1 is very easy.

Lonarwolf
Jun 24, 2004, 04:53 PM
Alright thanks.