PDA

View Full Version : Banned Cards

Kiri
Jun 24, 2004, 07:17 PM
Here is a list of some banned/deleted cards. If you know of anymore please post them.

Banned:

Biboo
Beat +
Mericarol +
Agito +
Domdarl

Deleted:

Del Lilly
Hildetorr
Demolition Comet
Egg Blaster
Mericarol
Delsaber
Card Back
Dolmolm
Myla Youlla
Pilla
Golla
..and the rest of the Photon Blasts
..all of the system mags

I know there's alot more but those are the ones that I know are banned/deleted.

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 12:54 AM
Nice repost from a site I wont mention. If you want a list of deleted cards, I have over 400 names for you. Not worthwhile. If you want any card that EXISTS look on the site, they are all up.

Garanz2
Jun 25, 2004, 12:42 PM
Why are those cards deleted/banned?

Starman
Jun 25, 2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah thats a good question - anyone know why?

Mean I could understand if some cards are too powerful or that they will be unbanned at a later date for a new quest etc..

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 02:11 PM
Banned cards- Cards that exist in game code, and will possibly be available as future quest rewards, much like the Game Mags, Flower Bouquet, and the like are. Much like The Weapons Shields or the DC statted rings, they aren't available normally, and thus are banned online.

Deleted- Cards that exist in a list of descriptions, but have no game code. Many of these were completely and utterly unbalanced (Double Edged Dice is a perfect example of this, 1-3, your card dies, 4-6, enemy card dies), and thus were not placed in the game.

tennis_guy
Jun 25, 2004, 03:05 PM
My friend and I saw a Delsaber in the intro movie in Ep3, so we were wondering why a Delsaber card wasn't posted on the card list on PSO World. I geuss that answers that question - it was deleted.

Cards have also been modified for online use already. A lot of cards have different stats online than they do offline, my friend noticed.

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yes, but descriptions cant be modified, since they are hard coded, while stats are not.

As for Delsaber, that movie was taken from footage of the Ep 3 Trial Edition, which had the Delsaber card in it.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2004, 10:22 PM
Wow I wonder what the Delsaber's card would look like.
Id imagine Triple Strike or something

agenevil
Jun 25, 2004, 10:33 PM
What is this crap? ST too lazy again? They couldn't just make them more balanced? =( How sad. I wanted to have a mag death deck before I got the game, too.

witicer_754
Jun 25, 2004, 11:14 PM
On 2004-06-25 20:22, Tingle wrote:
Wow I wonder what the Delsaber's card would look like.
Id imagine Triple Strike or something

Triple Strike would be cool.but they would have to lower the AP of the card.On account of people would build decks based around that and that would be crap.n.n.even if they did lower the cards AP people would find a way to work around it.lol.but it would be cool.

cleofus
Jun 25, 2004, 11:17 PM
I'd like to know what cards are deleted! It would be interesting what they were and why they were too powerful! They were probably mostly Hunter ( Hero side ) cards.

cheatachu72
Jun 26, 2004, 09:17 AM
I have a question about the Delsaber, I know they didnt change the intro, but couldn't they at least have deleted it from the card maker machine in the Arkz headquarters?

Arislan
Jun 26, 2004, 01:23 PM
Here's a link that has direct links to all the as yet unreleased cards' statistics.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=80730&forum=19

And here is a thread that listed a lot of the deleted cards' descriptions.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=79913&forum=18&51

Do not bump either of these, they are quite old.

As for being pissed that they aren't in the game, and that they should have been balanced and released, when a card is playtested, it needs to be looed at in combination with every other combination of cards in the game to ensure playability. The task that this requires goes up incredibly once you get a few cards together. Like, for example again, Double Edged Dice. The action card sounds fine on its own, but when combined with Dice Fever, you instantly have a game breaking card. And some cards rely off of combos of 3 or more cards to get going, and once they achieve this, they become incredibly powerful. This all has to be looked into when playtesting and balancing cards. A lot of these simply wouldn't make the cut if attempted.

Herogod
Jun 27, 2004, 09:02 AM
LoL they didn't play test very well at all!
Here is my killer combo!
It requires a dice of 8, easily achieved though...
Rufina->Penetrate->Bind->Beat
13 Damage direct to SC
(Bind can be replaced by any AC card with left purple and right red)
I wonder how many people will be exploiting this now!

Mixfortune
Jun 27, 2004, 11:46 AM
On 2004-06-27 07:02, Herogod wrote:
LoL they didn't play test very well at all!
Here is my killer combo!
It requires a dice of 8, easily achieved though...
Rufina->Penetrate->Bind->Beat
13 Damage direct to SC
(Bind can be replaced by any AC card with left purple and right red)
I wonder how many people will be exploiting this now!

This isn't the thread for this.
Oh, and Penetrate Guard or Penetrate Return...

Esoteric
Jun 28, 2004, 04:49 PM
On 2004-06-25 13:19, Arislan wrote:
Yes, but descriptions cant be modified, since they are hard coded, while stats are not.

What do you mean by this? If you mean the description on the back of the cards some have been changed, such as Flatland.

Arislan
Jun 28, 2004, 05:15 PM
Do you mean between US and EU? Possible, since the files could be changd. But if you mean the text for the cards have actually been altered offline and on, send me a screen, since it shouldn't be possible, given the way the game is coded and draws its card stats.