PDA

View Full Version : Question From An Old Player

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 08:50 PM
I'm a vet player, by which, I mean soccer fields were new when I quit lol. Oh well, probably for the better. I was banned over 12 times by sonic team, for being a gs/cb code tester with barubary. So if you saw a sega character running around lobbies casting resta and talking in colored text, you can bet it was me. You may also notice me on the weapons page of this site, I'm Angel, the first US player ever with the chainsawd (back when it was a uber rare and not caves trash).

Anyhoo, my curiosity has gotten the better of me and has forced me to ask one question:

- do people still come into games with spread needles (hacked or otherwise) and grief by killing everything instantly? lol

Lonarwolf
Jun 24, 2004, 09:09 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I sure don't. Then again, since I got the spread needle, I've had so many other weapons that I don't use my ranger as much any more. ^_^

RicoRoyal
Jun 24, 2004, 09:22 PM
In answer to your question, LostHero: Nope; rarely happens anymore. The power of the newer spread needle pales in comparison to the unbelievable power that it used to have back in the DC days (hacked or otherwise). Don't get me wrong though, hackers found plenty of other ways to annoy.

Hacked BKB and TJ Sword are annoying peoples' new best buddies. Games change, people dont.

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 09:28 PM
I am guessing the swords you listed are projectile melee weapons similar to the lavis?

RicoRoyal
Jun 24, 2004, 09:53 PM
On 2004-06-24 19:28, LostHero wrote:
I am guessing the swords you listed are projectile melee weapons similar to the lavis?

The Black King Bar is nothing more than a double saber, difference online being that it is hacked to high hell with percents in the 300%s.

The Tsumikiri J-sword on the other hand does posses a similar projectile attack comparable to that of the Lavis. However, the sword is quite capable of being annoying even without the special attack.
You can find an animation of the special attack on this here page:
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=586

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-06-24 19:55 ]</font>

Crystal_Shard
Jun 24, 2004, 09:57 PM
Close enough.

TJS's special uses PB and creates a massive screenwide blast of light rays across
the battlefield and Dark Flow does a wave of energy type attack if your HP is critical.

Whoops, didn't notice it said BKB... anyway, Ricoroyal said it already.

But I don't think it's the specials that annoy people - it's more that the people
who use it have no idea what they are doing, kill enemies too fast, lie about where they
got the weapon, among other things.

Quite standard, really. Personally, as long as it doesn't affect my gameplay, I couldn't
care less anymore. People are way too edgy with this topic sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2004-06-24 19:59 ]</font>

LostHero
Jun 24, 2004, 11:12 PM
This special attack new? I used to have a few Tsumikiri J-swords, and I don't remember them having any special abilities. Maybe I was using a sealed one, I tend to be forgetful.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 25, 2004, 03:58 AM
Not too sure. Were there even TJS in DC v2? Or are you still referring to GC?

You could've used a Sealed one before. A hack or a dupe I would have to assume?
Either way, the Sealed one has a special (I forget which one) and it inflicts
negative status on you. That's about it for the SJS.

LostHero
Jun 25, 2004, 06:46 AM
It was the DC version.

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 12:00 PM
Welcome LostHero.

The old spread needle (DC) was a frickin awesome weapon. I only played offline so I didn't worry about pissing people off by PWNING rooms with it.

There are many hacked things that annoy in the current edition of PSO (I play xbox) and it's not neccessarily the item that annoys, but the way that they are used by noob (and sometimes veteran) players.

In addition to TJ-sword, BKB, Double Cannons and such (hunter's fare), the ranger's have Yas series, Baranz Launchers series, Needle series and more that have stacked %'s. So they have a Yas 7000v with 127% stacked x 3 on native, another for A Beast, another for machines and yet another for dark. Add a 1308 mag (you pick it, Elenor, Dwari, Sato, Nidra, Rati) and maybe a couple of Al Rappys or God Arm++ and these Rangers are walking in and clearing a tough ult. ruins room in seconds (5,000+ damage for every hit).

I've seen ultimate Falz go down, all four stages, in less than 2 minutes.

There is also some question about hacked mags and weapons/items affecting drop rates. No proof, but a lot of anecdotal evidence that on at least a couple of platforms (PC/XBOX) that the presence of these items may be lowering the normal drop rate for rares.

The great equalizers tend to be playing areas like Episode II and, of course, Challenge Mode. Ep II still attracts the hackers mainly with mags and weapons with 127% on hit, but the multiple attributes tends to discourage specialized weapons.
I have had the most enjoyment lately playing challenge mode as the abilities of the players and the ability to work as a team allows for success and not the ability to create or trade for some uber weapon/item.

I'm not a super-legit that believes everyone should play the way I do. I believe people pay their HL fees and are free to play in whatever style they choose. All I ask is that they respect others and work with other players so that everyone gets what they're looking for in this game. In other words, if I'm trying to find rares and I believe your hacked mag/weapon is affecting my chances of finding that rare, whether it's proven or not, I would appreciate if you remove the hacked stuff and play legit during the time that we play together - if you catch my drift.

Anyway, welcome back to PSO, enjoy the game and have fun picking up on all the things that have changed since the old DC games. IMHO, this game is the best game I've ever played and nothing on the EB shelves has even the slighest interest to me (at least until Halo 2 comes out).

Welcome.

KveerRaven
Jun 25, 2004, 01:13 PM
On 2004-06-25 10:00, Sitka wrote:
IMHO, this game is the best game I've ever played and nothing on the EB shelves has even the slighest interest to me (at least until Halo 2 comes out).

Welcome.

I second that! I can't wait to grab hold of an Elite's energy sword and do some uber slaughtering to them!

Oh yeah, waaaaay off topic, my move to Florida (like my description says) is happening sooner than planned, which means I'm going to have some MAJOR off time from PSO, even Halo 2 once it comes out. I'd say, at least 6 months to a years time, at the LEAST. I'll also be having some off time from here as well. So, Sitka, we'll have to keep in touch because I'm thinking about getting PSO for the XBox myself.

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 01:57 PM
You've got my email and I ain't going anywhere (Great place to live, good job, family ...)

Keep in touch and definitely get that xbox. PSO or Halo 2, we'll have some fun!

KveerRaven
Jun 25, 2004, 02:29 PM
On 2004-06-25 11:57, Sitka wrote:
You've got my email and I ain't going anywhere (Great place to live, good job, family ...)

Keep in touch and definitely get that xbox. PSO or Halo 2, we'll have some fun!

Yeah, it is a great place! Just visted my Fiance there, and I'm going to LOVE it! And yes, we'll definately have some fun. I was looking at some trailers of the gameplay, for multiplayer online, and thats going to be some uber slaughter house type shtuff! Its great!

LostHero
Jun 25, 2004, 07:14 PM
I am not coming back to PSO, sorry if I was unclear. PSO is indeed a fun game, but in my opinion (coming from playing it religiously over 2 years, imported it the JP version, so I was playing from the second day the ships first opened) PSO is really just an advanced chat room.

It simply doesn't compare to other MMORPG's out there, in terms of depth, scope and replayability.

Then again, PSO recieves major points for quality. What it does, it does extremely well! Something, you can't say about most online games. The majority of MMORPG's out there are so terrible it's almost comedic. The only decent MMORPG's out there are UO, DAoC, EQ and WoW (I got beta).

This is one of the reasons, I am developing my own MMORPG (one I hope to get funding and a team together for after I graduate from college) so I can incoporate all the ideas that make MMORPG's fun and concrete in addition to some new ideas.

Shintaro04
Jun 26, 2004, 12:21 AM
On 2004-06-25 17:14, LostHero wrote:

This is one of the reasons, I am developing my own MMORPG (one I hope to get funding and a team together for after I graduate from college) so I can incoporate all the ideas that make MMORPG's fun and concrete in addition to some new ideas.

Cool man, i would love to play a game like that.
Good luck with the developing, hope would see one of these games soon.(with your name on it, or logo)

LostHero
Jun 26, 2004, 08:06 PM
Thank you. Although most of the game is concrete in its tempo and design, feel free to pm any suggestions you have on what you would like to see in a MMORPG to me.