PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: News Update for Blue Burst

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 01:01 AM
Signups will be ending at 0:00 on 6/30. If you have any friends that want to join, have them do so before then.

Service in will be 7/15 as known. Beta will last till then.

Cheeky
Jun 25, 2004, 01:35 AM
I like your avatar. But wasn't there a big spelling change starting in Age of Heroes? LOL I thought that was so funny, too bad they never finished the story in the OVA.

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the info and me likey the new Avatar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Rainbowlemon
Jun 25, 2004, 05:49 AM
Does this mean that, If we want to continue with the trial after the beta ends (Not p2p, just having a bit of fun), we will have to get rid of all chars over level 20?

And, like the avatar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RFB
Jun 25, 2004, 07:33 AM
That, Antimony, would be pretty much useless, since there is not only a lvl 20 cap, but also a 15 gameplay hours cap, if I remember well what Arislan said. Better keep your characters.

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 07:35 AM
The way that beta game accounts will be handled is that any account with characters over level 20 will immediately be turned into Pay Required accounts. any accounts with characters below 20 will remain Trial accounts, and have 12 free days, or play until a character hits 20.

And, the spelling difference is really not one. Its a romanization preference which, in English causes a pronunciation difference. In this case, the katakana can be Arislan (as the VHS tapes used to say) or Arslan, as the newer DVD does. The OVA doesn't really end well without Age of Heroes, and even then, seems to be missing something. I'm going to see if I can dig up the original manga and see how that turns out. 14 years old though, may be difficult.

Para
Jun 25, 2004, 10:25 AM
The day limit sorta sucks... I wish atleast you could go into lobby and chat with your char but not play with the char if you didn't p2p.

Well Im towards p2ping anyways...
Arislan was there any mention of a new client coming or a big patch?

Arislan
Jun 25, 2004, 02:15 PM
Nothing at all on a new client or download. My guess is a large patch for us Beta Users, somethinglike the first patch, with a new data file, and a few megs of new downloads for the new content that we need to access some other features, as I'm not sure if the textures and the like for the non-Beta items and such are in yet.

Saffran
Jun 25, 2004, 05:49 PM
Arislan, you need the 10 books of the War Chronicles of Arislan... whatever little manga bits they made out of it aren't going to cut it.

Time to prepare webmoney....

ArrabA
Jun 25, 2004, 05:53 PM
hm.. any news on an english version of PSO BB?

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 06:06 PM
so far there is no news of having a english patch for BB. Only that it may appear in chinese also. But that is all so far that I know.