PDA

View Full Version : finally, back on the rare hunting track!

darthsaber9x9
Jun 25, 2004, 08:18 AM
ok to end my drought of rares, i put effort into levelling up my lv38 redria fomar to ultimate.

so after a week or so hes now lv 71 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

anyway i decided to hunt me some rares. and in particular a demolition comet. so after a long hard slog comming from hard ruins to ult caves, i completed my gruelling task of unlocking waterfall tears.

so i enter addicting food, and come to the 2 slime room. ah what the hell i thought, and began piping and splitting to find a slime. this i did in a matter of minutes. my heart was literally racing as i was well aware of what the redria red slime drop was. spam gifoie to get rid of the blue slimes and then proceed to own the red slime. he drops a box! its a gibarta lv 22! joy!

anyway i enter waterfall tears and arrive at the 9 lily room. i pipe for about 20-40 minutes and bam mil lily right there! spam gizonde to kill em all off without dying, and then repeat for the milly! meseta ¬_¬

so then i decide not to be beaten and later that night/early morning, i decide to make my way to the room again, confident in my 1/2 drop rate.

on the way, 3 rooms into cave 1...what do i see? oh yes, a milly! i spam gifoie(see a pattern here?) in order to kill off the vulmers and then proceed to kick lilly ass. red box...and its ...A DEMOLITION COMET AND NOT A PHOTON DROP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D

and with decent % tekked to 25/0/30/40. i promplty hand it over to my hucaseal and get down to soem serious ownage!

my god do i love this weapon!!

jnblz316
Jun 25, 2004, 09:03 AM
congrtas on the find man. im still trying to get my humar to ultimate. he level 43 right now. i went looking for a custom barrier in the FOS quest. i wound up finding 3 custom barriers in 2 runs!. that amazing even for a 1/46 drop. now im playing to get my hildeblue so i can get my cure shock.

Shintaro04
Jun 25, 2004, 09:43 AM
lol, i had same experience as you, i piped for 3 mile lillies with my redria, but no luck at all. however, i was trying to finish my SoaB quest, i had a mil lilly resparm in cave 3, and it drop a DEMOLITION COMET,oh man was i happy, but my percenage is not that great.
Anyway, Congrats, its a pretty good weapon.

Butoden
Jun 25, 2004, 10:30 AM
On 2004-06-25 06:18, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
on the way, 3 rooms into cave 1...what do i see? oh yes, a milly! i spam gifoie(see a pattern here?) in order to kill off the vulmers and then proceed to kick lilly ass. red box...and its ...A DEMOLITION COMET AND NOT A PHOTON DROP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D

and with decent % tekked to 25/0/30/40. i promplty hand it over to my hucaseal and get down to soem serious ownage!
Grmbl. Good job. I'll get mine soon enuff, you'll see, with uber hit %s too! Muwhaha! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif
Anyways, congratulations http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ArnaicMage
Jun 25, 2004, 05:13 PM
I piped for red slimes to get a Demolition Comet with my skyly FOnewearl. Shouldn't have wasted the time but ended up with one that had 0%/20&/45%/30%. That made me happy.

RedXII
Jun 25, 2004, 09:44 PM
Demolition Comets are easy to get at least, if you find one that sucks look for another.

Dyras
Jun 25, 2004, 10:36 PM
Not a big deal (Edit: For me), but I had 2 proto regen gears in the same run, and consecutive rooms as well. 1/468 I think. Nice job, I wish I had that luck with stuff I'm hunting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dyras on 2004-06-26 08:56 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jun 26, 2004, 05:27 AM
*grumble*

am i the only one thats had to gone through 50 damned mils to get a demo comet? ;_;

either way, congrats on the luck. now youll have to spend to meseta to match the caseal wtih the wep

Xaos127
Jun 26, 2004, 07:49 AM
Congrats it took me 4 Mils to find my Demo, but i prefer the Twin Blaze me RAmar can use it

Fyrin
Jun 26, 2004, 11:01 AM
Double Cannon.
That what true power is.

Paronis
Jun 26, 2004, 10:00 PM
Speaking of the lovely Demolition Comet , I'm having problems getting one from a Pouilly Slime and I'd appreciate it if you lovely folks could help me out. ~_^

Okay, my character is a HUcast. That means that instead of splitting the slime with magic I must resort to using a combo. Generally I just use the special attack of my Sange, and on the third hit it splits. No big deal there. I do know of the room with two slimes, however, this is where the trouble is for me. When I enter the room and begin to do a combo on the first slime, the other one attempts to attack me. This attack usually ends up killing the slime that I'm currently trying to split. Even if I do manage to split one, or even a few, a slime is always killed before the maximum of eight fills the room. (I've read that if one slime is killed, once you telepipe back, if a Pouilly Slime does appear, it will not drop a rare, no matter what.)

So how do I stop these stupid things from killing each other off? Would it be best just to waste my time and telepipe back and forth to the room with two slimes without splitting them?

Any help would be appreciated! (I'm dying for this weapon...)

segadrm10
Jun 26, 2004, 11:43 PM
congrats, i need to pipe a mil for a demo cause the one i have doesnt have any %.

Shintaro04
Jun 26, 2004, 11:47 PM
On 2004-06-26 05:49, Xaos127 wrote:
Congrats it took me 4 Mils to find my Demo, but i prefer the Twin Blaze me RAmar can use it

Speaking of Twin Blaze, what's the easiest way to find one? i have been looking for some time.

Shintaro04
Jun 26, 2004, 11:52 PM
On 2004-06-26 20:00, Paronis wrote:
Speaking of the lovely Demolition Comet , I'm having problems getting one from a Pouilly Slime and I'd appreciate it if you lovely folks could help me out. ~_^

Okay, my character is a HUcast. That means that instead of splitting the slime with magic I must resort to using a combo. Generally I just use the special attack of my Sange, and on the third hit it splits. No big deal there. I do know of the room with two slimes, however, this is where the trouble is for me. When I enter the room and begin to do a combo on the first slime, the other one attempts to attack me. This attack usually ends up killing the slime that I'm currently trying to split. Even if I do manage to split one, or even a few, a slime is always killed before the maximum of eight fills the room. (I've read that if one slime is killed, once you telepipe back, if a Pouilly Slime does appear, it will not drop a rare, no matter what.)

So how do I stop these stupid things from killing each other off? Would it be best just to waste my time and telepipe back and forth to the room with two slimes without splitting them?

Any help would be appreciated! (I'm dying for this weapon...)

You could use Freeze Trap to freeze them first.
Set up a trap, then use a hangun to blow it up, make it easier if you need to.