PDA

View Full Version : GC-Quest: The Respective Tomorrow - EP2 TTF info

Jack
Jun 25, 2004, 09:09 AM
Sonic Team news page (http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49.html)

The laboratory has obtained enough data to compile a VR simulation of Gal Da Val Island. The new system is known as VES.

http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49_1.jpg

In addition to the existing VR Spaceship and VR Temple, every location on Gal Da Val Island has been reproduced faithfully, right down to the enemies. This makes for a tough quest!

http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49_2.jpg

At the end of each area, of course, an enormous boss appears! In order to reach the boss, as well as defeat it, co-operation with your teammates will be indispensable.

http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49_3.jpg

A rank will be gained after completing the mission, based on number of enemies destroyed, time taken to complete the mission, and number of team fatalities. Use all your knowledge and skills to aim for a high rank!

http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49_4.jpg

Oh? It seems a secret is hidden in the VR system as well! It seems to be linked to a secret faction inside the laboratory, conspiring with a certain organisation...

http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event49_5.jpg

There are multiple ways to complete the quest, but please enjoy the battle that never ends!

Hurray. Not only do we get a romp through Episode II, but also a healthy dollop of plot information as well.

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 11:44 AM
Nice.

DOG21313
Jun 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
I am sensing a possibility of Parasitic Gene: Flow or Red Ring! Nah, thats probably just me wishing it would happen. ;_; This is gonna be cool. =P

Dhylec
Jun 25, 2004, 06:37 PM
very interesting!
another reason to play online for me..

RicoRoyal
Jun 25, 2004, 06:42 PM
Must fix credit card problems... NOW! *drools*
*drools some more*
"Get me a towel" (Bart Simpson)
God, please let there be at least a dozen crimson assasins on the way to that there temple boss.
*drools to death*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Alli
Jun 25, 2004, 06:44 PM
SWEEEET this quest is coming in just 4 more days on the 29th (in Japan, which means it'll be a little earlier even for us)!!! Awww Sonic Team loves us~~~!

Primrose
Jun 25, 2004, 06:56 PM
Nice, some additions are finally made after the release of Episode 2 challenge.
I think its needed, since many items still have to be released. I hope this time its Black Ring, and maybe something else.
But then again, Mop Up, Endless Nightmare and Lost whatever item are still missing in Episode 2.
And i do hope they will get a release, since
A. Many items need to be released, and
B. There are quests that need more amounts of certain enemies for rare hunting.

But i think if Red Ring/Parasitic Gene Flow should be aviable through a quest, then by Lost whatever item in ruins and Lost whatever item in Seabed.
But we will see...

lain2k3
Jun 26, 2004, 11:04 AM
yes, there needs to be a temple quest with lots of assassins. all others are covered by famitsu.

there doesnt need to be a GDV style quest, tower covers those. and there are too many gees as is.

Spaceship needs lots of delsabers and baranz that can actually drop rares ;_;

and yesh, of course the items need to be released.

Fyrin
Jun 26, 2004, 11:10 AM
Man, I need to buy another Gamecube so I can play online.

Malkavian
Jun 28, 2004, 12:45 PM
Why isn't this in news page? Neither any of the last news of updates in pso ep1&2&3.
Im lazy for check babelfished Sonicteam page every day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NeoLon
Jun 28, 2004, 09:32 PM
Whee!!! A new EP2 quest! I wished upon an eyelash about and hour ago for new quests for ep. 1&2 and I got my wish! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LoreSeeker
Jun 28, 2004, 09:35 PM
On 2004-06-28 19:32, NeoLon wrote:
Whee!!! A new EP2 quest! I wished upon an eyelash about and hour ago for new quests for ep. 1&2 and I got my wish! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wish some more, we need more quests.

I should work for ST, I'm so lazy... I'd be their best employee.

Johan
Jun 29, 2004, 01:29 AM
It's up on the JP servers on GC. Nothing on US yet.

heyf00L
Jun 29, 2004, 02:23 AM
It's pretty fun. I just ran through it once and didn't discover any of the secret stuff, altho I saw some blocked passages.
It's slower than TTF. Took about 40 minutes for a team of 3 to do. I think I got about 100k exp.
There are a good number of dubchichs. But only good dubchich drop is Oran's secure feet.
Other than that there weren't any massive ammounts of enemies.

Overall I liked it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2004-06-29 00:28 ]</font>

_Ted_
Jun 29, 2004, 02:32 AM
YAY! Sounds great, but you know what this means right?
They have to compensate for pleasing us by being lazy for several months......

Kuea
Jun 29, 2004, 02:33 AM
I can not wait to play it

I will be plaing it a whole lot

Firocket1690
Jun 29, 2004, 02:36 AM
oh poo ....

Johan
Jun 29, 2004, 02:37 AM
You can't use Telepipes anywhere in it. >_<

Also, Olga gives no drops - you are immediately pulled to the lab on beating him.

I just finished it for the first time. 1 hour 11 minutes on VHard with my 134 RAmarl and friend's 112 HUnewearl. Ooghoogh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johan on 2004-06-29 00:45 ]</font>

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 03:03 AM
Also finished VH on 32 min solo - Rank S got 100000something meseta

They stole most parts of it of EP2 Challenge lol... lazy Sonic Team.

NOL gives hints on the secret part but didnt notice anything because was rushing thru. From the pictures above I guess its one of they lil glowing spark teleporters also seen in Challenge that will lead you to secret area. Nol said "You better be close to getting high rank to enter"

teflon
Jun 29, 2004, 03:06 AM
Is there a fair amount of Grass/Crimson Assasins in the temple section?

Zarode
Jun 29, 2004, 03:11 AM
Not a lot. Not in my run. I will have to say, it would be best the explore everywhere. :3 There are a ton of secrets...

Sharkyland
Jun 29, 2004, 03:16 AM
WHY ARE THE STAGES LIKE EP2 CMODE?! AHHH! x_x

Johan
Jun 29, 2004, 03:25 AM
I saw... um... I think 2 assassins.

Kuea
Jun 29, 2004, 04:03 AM
I liked it

I was just going into a game at 12:30 and noticed it there

I went through normal with my level 40 FOnewearl

there was around 5-7 assassins I believe

still it is preety good

no jungles or mountain though

I was suprised to see it on the US servers

I was actually gonna check the JP to play it untill I seen it there

must have been put on at midnight

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 04:05 AM
Now tried on ULT. We got to enter tower. The last room will open another way - we were under 30 min there so maybe that was it.

Anyway tower is mean - also stolen parts of Challenge including a row of 3 deadly flowers.

Sonic Team did it again and put a bug in the Quest. Friends (Hello Malk) got like 9 hrs on their timer while my time was 0,00 lol I got SS and.... 20.000 meseta X _ x

Apearently there are some kind of "item" in the quest hidden - called WIS. Collect 30 of it to get maybe something. After you start up mission talk to a solder on P2 to start this mini side quest.

Everyone has to do it in order to even see the lil sparks on the ground. Last run we got 29... now next try

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anisha__J-Hunter on 2004-06-29 02:13 ]</font>

teflon
Jun 29, 2004, 04:07 AM
Bleh. Offline Temple sound easier, and faster. Oh well.

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 04:49 AM
just found all 30 WIS and I optained a....

SPOILERALART even if its not rly worth to mention http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CUSTOM BARRIER 00 wtf ?! You get warped to a strange guy that talks all kind of things.... I have no clue what it is about... maybe everyone has to wear a custom barrier during mission? haha

Johan
Jun 29, 2004, 05:58 AM
I opened the control tower after having more than 30 min on the clock, so that's not it. Noticed in the computer room that you can open the control tower if you hear a symbol chat noise when you kill all the enemies.

Cleared for the second time now, again on vhard, 8 deaths (mostly in the control tower to Meri____s), 42:09 clear time for the main areas + 7:44 for the tower, got rank A and 6000 Meseta.

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 06:05 AM
I dunno if anyone cares about SPOILER warning but there are always ppl to complain if its not here ,)

Cleared Second time also SS rank. The text of "Leo" that strange NPC changed and h gave a Custom Frame... next try

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 06:09 AM
Leo? The weird RAmar with a cape?

Deus-Irae
Jun 29, 2004, 06:26 AM
WOW! this is big news. quite a suprise. i figured it would come eventually though.

is it up on the US servers yet?

this is some cool news, even with bugs and recycled stages. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 06:29 AM
Yeah, it's up on US, I did a little recce mission on it before to get a feel for the maps. There's even more traps than usual on Seaside, so I'd get an Android with a Rifle to cover everyone else.

Deus-Irae
Jun 29, 2004, 06:40 AM
many thanks Jack.

whoo! ill be home and online in 45 Min! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Malkavian
Jun 29, 2004, 08:25 AM
Get SS rank in Ult is evil. There are many things that can kill in 1 hit. Even some stupid ones like high def in gal gryphon wing attack or tornado.

Well I guess Anisha explained most of it already.
To activate the WIS search you must go up to Lab again once the quest timer starts. Where normally is Hopkins for trade PDs there is a soldier that gives the WIS detector. There are 6 in each area. making the total of 30. So if at end of one area you haven't collected the 6, search more.

Well at least now we know from which group is the custom ver.00 stuff.

Hrith
Jun 29, 2004, 09:30 AM
Just did some runs, here is the list of interesting enemies:
2 Crimson Assassins
5 Hidelts

2 Delsabers
1 Baranz

2 Sinow Berills

6 Sinow Zoas
4 Morfos
1 Sinow Zele
1 Delbiter

3 Mericarol
2 Gi Gue
3 Gibbles
3 Ill Gill
3 Del Lily
2 Merikle
1 Mericus
1 Epsilon

Epsilon is a total bitch in that quest x_X

I might have to recount, but I find the quest disappointing, it completely sucks for rare hunting except if you want boss drops. Like Deus said, it adds some variety, I hope we find better prizes than the ones discovered by Anisha__J-Hunter.

Makes Pinkal the best ID for that quest -_-

Nai_Calus
Jun 29, 2004, 09:45 AM
Heh. From the sounds of it, it seems like another instance of 'Leave it to ST to take a good idea and completely fuck it up'.

Whoohoo, Ep2 TTF that's utterly useless for hunting anything in, with crappy prizes. >_>; Go ST. Yet another reason to not renew my HL. XP

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 10:22 AM
Well.... there is still more to be discovered, need multiple SS ranks I think. But dint get one last 4 runs X _ x We died 2 times and still got SS Rank, so I guess no need 0 death for it

Malk where are you???

Best ID should be red.. just cause... its Red and doest suck anywhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anisha__J-Hunter on 2004-06-29 08:38 ]</font>

HiroX
Jun 29, 2004, 10:37 AM
Man, I cant wait for the Xbox servers to get it.

PaleKid15
Jun 29, 2004, 10:55 AM
OK, so there aren't different routes, people just can't count.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaleKid15 on 2004-06-30 11:38 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 29, 2004, 11:07 AM
there are different routes ? I don't think so.

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 11:24 AM
Well if you do bad you wont get to see the TOWER "detour route". Other than that you can just leave out certain Bonus rooms.

There is a kinda evil "bug"/"feature" in TTF2. Right after you killed Olga and have seen the "You are the Hero" Screen you get teleported back to P2 - without getting any EXP of Olga! ew... bad > SonicTeam

LoreSeeker
Jun 29, 2004, 12:24 PM
On 2004-06-29 09:24, Anisha__J-Hunter wrote:
Well if you do bad you wont get to see the TOWER "detour route". Other than that you can just leave out certain Bonus rooms.

There is a kinda evil "bug"/"feature" in TTF2. Right after you killed Olga and have seen the "You are the Hero" Screen you get teleported back to P2 - without getting any EXP of Olga! ew... bad > SonicTeam

If you don't even get exp from Olga, you won't be seeing me in many TTF2 games... Silly ST, why couldn't they just give us a teleporter like always?

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 12:26 PM
How do you get the guard to talk? I've just done a game with four players, went down to VR Temple and back, and the guard still says "..." for all players.

PorkStar
Jun 29, 2004, 12:31 PM
when u first go in you must say yes to him when he asks you.

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 12:40 PM
He doesn't say anything other than "...", regardless of how many people talk to him for as many times as we've tried.

Castershell
Jun 29, 2004, 12:57 PM
You must talk to him before you even go through the teleporter to VR.

And now I really wanna hit that guy that said the good prize was Black Ring >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Castershell on 2004-06-29 10:57 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Jun 29, 2004, 02:02 PM
Word on the street (and by street, I mean Vega) is that there's a way to get the Black Ring from TTF2. I can't confirm that myself because I haven't been able to get into a really good team for TTF2, and I'm sure you'd have to be a damn high level to play it well on Ult.

A little bit off-topic: does anyone know what stat Black Ring boosts?

Hrith
Jun 29, 2004, 02:04 PM
No exp for Olga ? I did not notice, you won't see me in that quest then, except maybe with Terra, since she cannot gain exp, but I doubt it, Ian is absolutely right, the only thing ST can do is take good ideas and ruin them >=

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 03:06 PM
I've got a theory now, with my continuing failure to get the guard to speak. Have all of you people who HAVE succeeded to obtain the mission completed the quest once before talking to him? I haven't actually finished it yet, and the original post I quoted suggested that the quest has to be finished multiple times to see the whole thing.

Butoden
Jun 29, 2004, 03:20 PM
How much areas do you see before fighting Barba Ray? Might be good to hunt rares from Barba Ray that way... (think Twin Brand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
...And maybe Gol Dragon too?

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 03:42 PM
one more SPOILER ,)

Finished SS 3rd time 3 death time under 40. And Leo gave me a - who would have guessed.... CUSTOM RAY!

But there is a nice thing about it... it has 50Hit automatically.

He was talking about meeting once again... so.. Black Ring next?? hehe will try find out....

lain2k3
Jun 29, 2004, 03:52 PM
Wow. with 50 guaranteed hit, even custom ray could be good O_o. sorta.

have you tried talking to him with the custom set equipped?

ilr2000
Jun 29, 2004, 03:57 PM
omg I had a feeling something was up when I looked at my EXP at the end of the quest. I coulda swore I got more exp than that... but its true... Olga doesn't give EXP!!

Gah.. this is kinda like how gibbles always gives 51 exp in ult mode offline... even in PSO+ x_x

Nai_Calus
Jun 29, 2004, 04:02 PM
... ...
... ... ...
You don't... even get... EXP for Olga...
*dies laughing*

Oh Gods, ST, that has to be a new low even for you.

This is going to be one of those cutesy Today's Rate or Labyrinthine Trial things people do a couple of times for fun and then never again, isn't it. XP

lain2k3
Jun 29, 2004, 04:15 PM

wow.

i really hope they put up a new version of this.

i know it has about a 0% chance of happening, but dear god the fucked this one up.

trypticon
Jun 29, 2004, 04:19 PM
I got two Magic Rock Moola's from the same room when I did this solo earlier in very hard setting. It was the first room with the two hildebear appearances on a greennill ID. It's not a real prize, and I'll never end up using the things, but it was nice to get them anyway.

lain2k3
Jun 29, 2004, 04:21 PM
its nice to know that at least rares can drop. I was worried there for a bit.

_Ted_
Jun 29, 2004, 04:30 PM
Any word yet on if the difficulty level effects the prizes?

I ran into a half-inisible Sinow that couldn't be hit with weapons.....fun fun fun!

And incase anyone wants a semi-clear guide to getting into the control tower...

.................................................. ...
First you have to unlock the door to the control tower warp: In one of the long rectangular rooms (I can't remember if there is more than one) in the upper seabed there is a console in the corner on your right after entering the room. Go and talk to it to unlock the control tower door.

Next go to the large half-sunken room with the hidden walkway in the lower seabed. Kill all the enemies in the room. Then go to the wall adjacent to the sunken part of the room and walk through the wall where a door would usually be. You will find a barrier switch and the end of the hall, turn off the barrier switch. Then go to the hidden walkway where the warp to the control tower is. After the control tower you will find a warp that takes you back to the lower seabeds......and the exp-less Olga Flow! Enjoy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Ted_ on 2004-06-29 14:55 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jun 29, 2004, 05:05 PM
I soloed it on Normal. I got killed on Normal with a lvl.66 character but I was so braindead from doing e2c4 twice, e1c9, and having the worms follow me as if I was food.

So reminds me of Cmode.

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 05:19 PM
Everyone who goes on about how Sonic Team suck and never do anything good needs to ask themselves why they subscribe to the game, or even why they bought it in the first place.

Anyway, I figured it out - you do need to finish it once before you can begin the WIS mission. Got 27 tonight, will go for the missing 3 tomorrow.

Nai_Calus
Jun 29, 2004, 05:26 PM
On 2004-06-29 15:19, Jack wrote:
Everyone who goes on about how Sonic Team suck and never do anything good needs to ask themselves why they subscribe to the game, or even why they bought it in the first place.

ST and their fuckups are why I no longer subscribe to GC PSO. Consider yourself pwned. :3

Jack
Jun 29, 2004, 05:28 PM
OK, we've got ONE person who does that. One person does not constitute a pwnage. And unless you play offline multiplayer, I'd seriously consider selling the game if I were you. Single player offline is utterly dire.

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jun 29, 2004, 06:18 PM
I just got "657 hours clear time"... lazy ST....

ilr2000
Jun 29, 2004, 06:56 PM
On 2004-06-29 15:26, Ian-KunX wrote:
ST and their fuckups are why I no longer subscribe to GC PSO. Consider yourself pwned. :3

Why do you still come to this forum? Offline mode doesn't have anything new going on. All the resources you need have been archived.

Anyway, I think its ludicrious to complain how the levels are identical to C-mode stages. Episode 2 is different where that every variation has to crafted by a person, and not some random number generator that we see in ep 1. When I stumbled into control tower I half expected to see the east or west tower incarnations. It really didn't matter the least bit to me, since how the enemies are laid out in that level make for little difference. The stage is a damn spiral for crying out loud. I honestly dont care where the mericarol beams in, as long as I can kill it before it kills me. Since I was able to do that, no complaints. Same goes for any other part that was take from ep2 C-mode. The true point to TTF and RT is to fight the bosses. The stages in between are just there to break up the action a little.

I emailed sega about Olga exp problem. Hopefully enough flooding from the players will cause them to fix it.

Even if they dont fix it, I wonder if lagging your game a-la boss trick could allow the game to pause long enough to give the EXP....

iamfanboy
Jun 29, 2004, 07:13 PM
What's the email address? I'll send a few emails myself. That's the worst glitch I've ever seen...

Oh, and I saw 3 Crimsons on the path I took earlier. there has to be more to this level than meets the eye...

Uncle_bob
Jun 29, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-06-29 16:56, ilr2000 wrote:

On 2004-06-29 15:26, Ian-KunX wrote:

Why do you still come to this forum?

Because there are other things to do at PSOW's forums other than just PSO. Offtopic, Rants, and FKL come to mind.

Dhylec
Jun 29, 2004, 09:02 PM
ilr2000 wrote:
Why do you still come to this forum? Offline mode doesn't have anything new going on. All the resources you need have been archived.

he's bored.. <.<

oh ian, hush dude..
the quest might not be so great, but at least there is something new to fool around with.. online >.>

ilr2000
Jun 29, 2004, 09:57 PM
I read a post earlier saying in order to get the military guy to give you the extra mission you have to complete the quest once. I've done this and he still only says "...". Anyone else have anymore info on this?

glopgog
Jun 30, 2004, 01:14 AM
I went into vega and heard the same thing... under 50 min, 0 deaths, and on ultimate will give you black ring.. Who knows... maybe...
No-one could actually show me one, so this hasnt been confirmed.
This really sux! I coorrupted 4 days ago and lost my lv 193! Now my highest is only a 134 Fo! No hope for me at the moment...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glopgog on 2004-06-29 23:15 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jun 30, 2004, 02:09 AM
On 2004-06-29 15:19, Jack wrote:

Amen!

Besides, the no EXP for Olga has prevented TRT from becoming as annoying as TTF. The main reason I hate TTF is all the people asking to do it all the time. Won't see that happening with TRT anytime soon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 30, 2004, 02:27 AM
Ok, Sharkyland and I were going to try and experiment, but just ended up taking too much time testing out other things.

What I'm wondering is this: since you are automatically taken back after defeating Olga Flow, what happens if someone stays behind and the boss warp and doesn't fight Olga Flow?

Since we only really had two people in the game, we had one of us try to solo Olga Flow. I got quite far, but I ended up running out of fluids while I was in "Flowen Mode". This will probably be a better experiement with multiple people, so that 3 can fight Olga Flow while 1 stays behind.

Has anyone tried this?

Nai_Calus
Jun 30, 2004, 02:34 AM
On 2004-06-29 16:56, ilr2000 wrote:]

If it offends you that damned much that I still post here, how about you just don't read my posts? *rolls eyes and bites back sarcastic remark about there being nothing new going on with a L190 char*

Offline ain't that dreadful, I managed to get a HUmar and a FOmar over L100 without dying of boredom, and I've been playing PSOBB lately(And I plan to continue doing so).

Even if ST IS a bunch of clueless fscktards who apparently can't get anything right, believe it or not, I still enjoy the game, and it saddens me to see ST do BS like this that just further trashes it.

So I post because I like the game, know a thing or two that could potentially be somewhat useful to people, and if you don't like that I do it, again, don't read it. No need to bitch at me for existing here. -_-

Edit: And it's not because I'm bored, either, Dhylec. -_-; And whoo, something new to screw around with... That apparently is so bugged it's not worth it. XP Yeah, real enticing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2004-06-30 00:37 ]</font>

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 03:01 AM
On 2004-06-30 00:34, Ian-KunX wrote:
I've been playing PSOBB lately(And I plan to continue doing so).

Even though it's practically the same game which has been available to everyone for the past year and a few months, but with prettier graphics and 10 extra hotkeys?

Nai_Calus
Jun 30, 2004, 03:20 AM
...And a lack of FSOD and corruption? Yeah. Oh hell yeah. XP Half the people I was friends with online corrupted. Every other day someone was complaining about something they lost to FSOD. I have a good, stable internet connection. I'd lag out and FSOD ALL THE TIME. I lost the same Red Partisan to FSOD FOUR TIMES. >_> I go on BB, I do a government quest, I find my first Partisan on my baby HUnewearl, it has nice %s, I've forgotten to set my away message on AIM, someone IMs me, BB is fullscreen so it crashes, right? Guess I just lost that nice Partisan... But wait, what's this? Oh! Hey look, it's still there! >_>

Hmm, maybe if this Ep2 TTF thing comes out on BB, they'll actually FIX it. ...Nah, this is ST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Butoden
Jun 30, 2004, 03:50 AM
So Olga Flow doesn't give exp hmm? Could there be a reason for this? Maybe ST thought this quest already gives too much EXP as it is and decided not to let Olga Flow give EXP at the end.

But Dark Falz in TTF does give EXP doesn't he? So that doesn't make sense neither... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 04:00 AM
On 2004-06-30 01:20, Ian-KunX wrote:
...And a lack of FSOD and corruption? Yeah. Oh hell yeah. XP Half the people I was friends with online corrupted. Every other day someone was complaining about something they lost to FSOD. I have a good, stable internet connection. I'd lag out and FSOD ALL THE TIME. I lost the same Red Partisan to FSOD FOUR TIMES. >_> I go on BB, I do a government quest, I find my first Partisan on my baby HUnewearl, it has nice %s, I've forgotten to set my away message on AIM, someone IMs me, BB is fullscreen so it crashes, right? Guess I just lost that nice Partisan... But wait, what's this? Oh! Hey look, it's still there! >_>

Hmm, maybe if this Ep2 TTF thing comes out on BB, they'll actually FIX it. ...Nah, this is ST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've never corrupted, and the only crashes I've had are when people do the Word Select bug. To be honest, I've become incredibly doubtful of people who claim their game freezes that often. I just don't ever see it happening myself, I think the people that do get it once or twice claim it happens more often than not. I'd be curious as to if you DO have a stable connection if you lagged all the time, as I regularly play on the US servers (Bear in mind I live in England), and I very rarely get lag.

Also, when people message me, PSO doesn't crash. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 30, 2004, 04:13 AM
On 2004-06-30 02:00, Jack wrote:

On 2004-06-30 01:20, Ian-KunX wrote:

I've never corrupted, and the only crashes I've had are when people do the Word Select bug. To be honest, I've become incredibly doubtful of people who claim their game freezes that often. I just don't ever see it happening myself, I think the people that do get it once or twice claim it happens more often than not. I'd be curious as to if you DO have a stable connection if you lagged all the time, as I regularly play on the US servers (Bear in mind I live in England), and I very rarely get lag.

Also, when people message me, PSO doesn't crash. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Doesn't crash on BB either if you remember to set your away message.

And yes, my connection is good and stable. XP The servers just SUCK half the time. And good for you, you've never corrupted. I'm sure the people I know who've lost L200 characters will be so happy to know that corruption isn't a problem, because it's never happened to you. And yeah, people do FSOD a good bit. Which US servers are you playing on? The mythical ones that aren't ass?

Oh hey, funny thing, I don't lag on JP or EU servers. XP Just US.

So yeah, so what if it's never happened to you? It's never happened to me either, but that doesn't mean it can't. You are not indicative of the entire population of PSO. XP Neither am I, but I find FSOD, etc to be more common that not, and not just with me, either.

Deus-Irae
Jun 30, 2004, 04:16 AM
Ian gave a great piece of advice. ignore him, he can be very tiresome.

hopefully the major bugs will get worked out in this new quest, and it seems like there are some secrets to uncover.

i had fun playing through a few times today and im looking forward to more.

keep up the good work on figuring out this quest folks! thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Superguppie
Jun 30, 2004, 04:41 AM
What major bugs? If you mean OF not giving EXP, I seriously consider the possibility they did that on purpose...

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 05:11 AM
On 2004-06-30 02:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
And yes, my connection is good and stable. XP The servers just SUCK half the time. And good for you, you've never corrupted. I'm sure the people I know who've lost L200 characters will be so happy to know that corruption isn't a problem, because it's never happened to you. And yeah, people do FSOD a good bit. Which US servers are you playing on? The mythical ones that aren't ass?

Oh hey, funny thing, I don't lag on JP or EU servers. XP Just US.

So yeah, so what if it's never happened to you? It's never happened to me either, but that doesn't mean it can't. You are not indicative of the entire population of PSO. XP Neither am I, but I find FSOD, etc to be more common that not, and not just with me, either.

I play on Vega a lot, amazingly. I've been on it for a good measure of time over the past month or so, and I've only ever frozen once, when I was waiting in a CARD Lobby and some guy came in and used the silly word select thing.

On 2004-06-30 02:16, Deus-Irae wrote:
Ian gave a great piece of advice. ignore him, he can be very tiresome.

Think I'll have to take up on that. Can't stand whiners.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2004-06-30 03:41 ]</font>

Capricornus
Jun 30, 2004, 05:58 AM
Its really funny to see people critising ST telling how bad they f.. up, but still play the game.
Chill out people, really...

True ST was a bit lazy re-using Cmode stages to include in this TTF for ep2, and true Olga doesnt give exp.
True too that the frequent FSOD are a real pain to live with playing online (specially when you dont dupe, which forces me to use only 1 good rare(with nice hit%) and play with common percentless 9 star rares in addition to my main weapon)
I cant count my FSODs on my ten fingers anymore, and lost some good rares because I forgot to bank them, but I learned to live with it. Every good thing has always a few flaws.

But however THEY made these great games which are PSO ep1,2&3 and very few games come close to it. Some added quests are really nice too (seat of the heart, Blue Star Memories,...) so we should be thankfull to ST for that.
Their laziness towards this new quest could be explained by a busy calendar? They are prolly all working on the new PSO which we are all eagerly expecting or busy making new quests for ep3 as to reintroduce the old banned-removed cards with new stats (hildetorr, delsaber,...)?

For people complaining about exp in TTF2, plz move on to TTF ep1 (I play ep2TTF for the chance of rare hunting on ep2 bosses and the fun of facing them (playing only for exp is sad imo)

For people complaining about few enemies to rare hunt, well TTF never was a quest about having a whole crowd of a specific enemy, for that there are the Hopkins quests (for which hopefully ST will also release these for ep2)

As for the people not critising this quest (and to stay on topic), it would be nice to figure out how to get the most out of this quest.
Im pretty sure the prizes can only be obtained in ultimate (like the white ring quest)
So far I played this quest in vhard

Once went through the quest in 28 min (thx to aura and rena http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif(without the WIS subquest) with 0 death but only scored a Srank without any prize

Afterwards I replayed it with Malk and friends on vhard: 0 death, 38 min and 30WIS found. As a reward we were sent to Leo and only scored a scape doll (grrrr)
Im pretty sure the prizes can only be obtained in Ulti, like Anisha mentioned before.
0 death is not a must have to score an SS rank according to Anisha (I wonder what the minimunm death has to be, cause ultimate is no sweet with their 1 hit kills)
First clear = custom barrier
Second = custom frame
Third = 50 hit Custom ray
fourth = black ring?

Trying this out tonight with hopefully good news http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2004, 08:44 AM
Is true the quest has some problems but overall is damn fine. There are those wrong time results sometimes. And looks like FSOD in game has more chances in this quest than normally.
What I like more is fight Gal gryphon while having fun reaching him. Instead of those long and sleepy cca areas Z.Z
And we finally get to see old Leo Grahart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rena-ko
Jun 30, 2004, 10:41 AM
hm, have to test this collecting thingy, sounds like fun for a few tries...

then the olga thing, well, who knows what the maker thought this quest to be.

i find it more irritating why there are 6 empty EU servers where 1 would to the trick already. and maybe even save on HL money. anyway...

if i want exp, i still do ttf.

last but not least, thank you very much for your work in checking this new thing out, ibuki, anisha, everyone else.

good luck & have fun

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 12:01 PM
Seems you can pick up a WORKS Guard.

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200407/18.png

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200407/18-1.png

It's always good to check the JP vBBS a day or two after a new quest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ilr2000
Jun 30, 2004, 12:16 PM
That is awsome. I wonder if it has any special attributes....

edit- Anyone figure out how to get the military guy to give you the extra mission? I've talked to him before, during, and after the quest timer runs. I've completed the quest several times. I've gone to the secret level twice and completed that twice. I've tried it in a full game with 4 people. All four people talked to him, and he still only says "...". What's the deal here. How do you get this guy to give you the extra mission?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2004-06-30 10:19 ]</font>

iamfanboy
Jun 30, 2004, 01:22 PM
I rushed down and talked to him as soon as the Director finished talking. I had never played the quest before, although several of the people I was with had...

And I want that WORKS guard. Bad. It's time to do some hard core work and get that thang! Way cool looking!

PaleKid15
Jun 30, 2004, 01:35 PM
Think I'll have to take up on that. Can't stand whiners.

Pretty funny, because you are whining about Ian's whining, and Ian wasn't really "whining" in the first place. Ian was stating the facts : ST is lazy, they screw up the wide majority of what they do, and BSOD,FSOD, and corruption suck. Actually, Ian quit online, rather than just sticking around and whining about it, as most of us do.

Now, about "TTF2". I was pretty happy when i heard the ep2 TTF was coming, then i played it. I must say I'm quite dissapointed.
1- The areas are a little too long before you reach the bosses, so there will be no "speed TTF2ing"
2- This quest is inferior to others or normal runs, when it comes to hunting all items except boss drops.
3- O.F. EXP glitch is so pathetic, I really hope someone got fired for that.
4- Even if one of the prizes is black ring, whoopdeedoo. Another barrier very few will use. WE NEED A LEGIT RED RING DAMNIT!
5- Even for hunting boss drops, except for pie and bob, it would be faster o just clear the area and fight the boss who's drop you wanted, rather then go through this whole quest.
6- It really is too similar to c-mode, and since the point in "new" quests is to add to the pso experience, and to be "new" so it's more fun, and this isn't, it kind of sucks.
7- I'm sure the added story is good for some people, but I ignore the story (or lack there of), and besides, they probably left some whole in the story and say that it will be explained in a later quest or something. *cough*seatoftheheart*cough*,*cough*allofepisode3* cough*

Primrose
Jun 30, 2004, 02:38 PM
I must admit that im also tired of people whining about Sonic Team.
My data corrupted three times so far, even once on Dreamcast.
In my opinion Sonic Team made an excellent game we all have been playing for many hundreds of hours, it only lacks of more love. Sonic Team does too many mistakes, but its still no need to exaggerate like this.

People tend to be disappointed by everything nowadays. Ive never played this quest as im offline for a while.
Still, is Towards the Future that good, level-wise?
Forest is a short path that resembles normal forest after warping up to the dome. The Cave part is also a part that you will find in Challenge stage 4.
Mines and Ruins are nothing special neither.
But admiteddly, the Olga Flow glitch is really evil.

Im glad Sonic Team released Works Guard and a totally new quest, at least one of the items that was considered unreleased is out now, and i think the rest will follow.

ilr2000
Jun 30, 2004, 02:39 PM
There is a speed version. Every single room in spaceship has monsters you could kill to skip the room. Every single room in seabeds was also like this. Not to mention that the Tower level can be skipped all together. I didn't notice anything like this in Temple or Seaside, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone oncovers soemthing down the road.

If this lack of EXP from olga stays, then someone doing runs can stop the quest at seabed, and reload it. I want to see some exp counts matched up to some TA records before I bash this thing as a good EXP source. Ep2 bosses give tons more EXP than Ep1 bosses, except for Olga... but right now he's not even in the picture.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2004-06-30 12:39 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Jun 30, 2004, 02:41 PM
Stop complaining. No one forces you to play the quest. @_@

Anyways, I hope PSOW gets a good guide on how to get that item, it seems pretty cool...Unless its JPN only...[prays that its not] @_@

ilr2000
Jun 30, 2004, 03:22 PM
It's for US too, I'm a US player and I've been glued to this quest since it came out.

I got some numbers:

When playing SOLO with my lvl 191 HUnewearl, I was able to achieve:

109360 Exp in a matter of 24 minutes and 11 seconds.

I went as far as Gal Griffon and then stepped out. The places I lost time was with Temple boss. I wasn't able to kill him the first three times he attatched himself to the raft. I also lost time on the Spaceship boss. He lifted off once and did a spiral attack before he dove into the ground and triplicated himself. I did, however, perform exceptionally well with Gal Griffon. Added players to that would only shave off seconds, where as an extra buddy for temple and spaceship boss coulda shaved minutes. Having an extra hand during seaside would have also shaved off a minute or so.

Granted, having extra folks there will cut down the amount of EXP you gain by quite a bit. One interesting thing is that this can be done solo! I've tried to solo TTF1 several times with this same character, and times got too rediculously long, and/or cutting out too soon wouldn't be worth the exp gained.

I hope this thing with Olga really is a bug that they soon will fix. I noticed quite a few rooms in which you could speed through. If Olga problem wasn't there, I could see TTF2 being the quest for lvl 170+ to do to reach lvl 200. I know I'll be soloing this thing for Exp.

NeoLon
Jun 30, 2004, 05:00 PM
I found a thread in the official US PSO Forum about the WIS prizes http://boards.sega.com/pso/viewtopic.php?t=1217
It has alot of spelling and grammer mistakes, but it does shed some more light on this WIS thing.

lain2k3
Jun 30, 2004, 06:01 PM
So, ummm, what the hell does this WORKS GUARD do?

sounds cool though.

jspacemunkey
Jun 30, 2004, 06:12 PM
i'm with lain. anyone know what the stats are? it looks cool as heck, so i'd want it no matter what, but i'd like to know if it's actually useful. of course, i'm gonna have to wait for the quest to hit xbox before i can even attempt to pick it up.

Dhylec
Jun 30, 2004, 07:35 PM
Ian-KunX wrote:
Edit: And it's not because I'm bored, either, Dhylec. -_-; And whoo, something new to screw around with... That apparently is so bugged it's not worth it. XP Yeah, real enticing.

heh, 'fool' in my context is different but quite obvious..
like st indeed made a fool [or a group of fools] out of themselves for messing up so many things
wait, that aint new either.. oh well..

being bored & posting here are a joke..
any member with a brain should know where to post junks, spams & whaterver a boring mind can think of.. right? i hope so..

as for the quest, maybe something more worthy can be discovered soon?

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jul 1, 2004, 08:09 AM
Ya I can confirm now. Got 4th SS Rank and recieved a Works Guard.

You can put in your own serial from 5000 to 29999 - I have no clue for what. Maybe if duped u get banned? lol

Its stats seem not that good but its style is very good ^ ^ at least something new

EDIT: Cleared 5th SS - Scape Doll. So I guess I can declare this Quest as DONE now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anisha__J-Hunter on 2004-07-01 07:32 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Jul 1, 2004, 10:24 AM
On 2004-07-01 06:09, Anisha__J-Hunter wrote:
Ya I can confirm now. Got 4th SS Rank and recieved a Works Guard.

You can put in your own serial from 5000 to 29999 - I have no clue for what. Maybe if duped u get banned? lol

Its stats seem not that good but its style is very good ^ ^ at least something new

EDIT: Cleared 5th SS - Scape Doll. So I guess I can declare this Quest as DONE now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anisha__J-Hunter on 2004-07-01 07:32 ]</font>

Well at least ST released something new... Too bad it's not Black Ring.

lain2k3
Jul 1, 2004, 11:03 AM
Is it an actual equippable item? armor or shield? what are its stats? please share.

Forever Zero
Jul 1, 2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing the info on WORKS guard. I love this quest and I'd like to get one too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I just have one question. Behind the boss portal on seaside, there are a pile of rocks and if you look behind it you can see a laser fence. This made me think this area is accessable. Has anyone been able to get back there yet?

Johan
Jul 1, 2004, 01:17 PM
God, I'm a nutcase. @_@

Soloed my way through RT on Ultimate with my 134 RAmarl , including the Control Tower. Got 135 off of Gal Gryphon, heh. =P

Deaths: 38
Clear time: 3'07"20 (plus 0'41"56 for the tower)
Prize: 2000 Meseta. Whoopee.

It should be noted, though, that I was at 11 deaths and my time was nearing an hour and a half when I got to the computer room in Seabed. I think Nol's lying about that rank stuff.

Fossil
Jul 1, 2004, 05:13 PM
Dangit, I didn't think enemy kills affected rank since they never mention it. :

Malkavian
Jul 2, 2004, 09:23 AM
Can someone confirm the requirements for SS rank in ultimate?

ilr2000
Jul 2, 2004, 11:13 AM

I wonder if this means there can only be a limited number of these things...

25000 is more than enough for everyone to get at least one... but that number can dwindle... and I dont think it would be boosted.

LoreSeeker
Jul 2, 2004, 11:33 AM
A serial number would probably make the item have more value in trading situations. Let's say the serial number 6464 becomes a popular dupe, people might not want to trade for it because they would know it's non-legit.

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 11:33 AM
I hope it means that they will be cracking fown on duping and such.

maybe they will eventually release red ring, each with its own individual serial number, too, to eliminate dupes?

that would be teh pwn.

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 11:45 AM
On 2004-07-02 09:33, LoreSeeker wrote:
A serial number would probably make the item have more value in trading situations. Let's say the serial number 6464 becomes a popular dupe, people might not want to trade for it because they would know it's non-legit.

Or it could be people getting suspensions and such for having a copy of an already used serial number.

PaleKid15
Jul 2, 2004, 01:10 PM
Question. How do you view the serial number? Is it in the item description or what?

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jul 2, 2004, 01:11 PM
Its hard to tell the true recommendations for SS - hard to seperate the "features" and "bugs" in the quest.

I had

3 Player 32 minutes. 0 death > S Rank

4 Player 32 minutes 3 death > SS Rank

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 01:15 PM
Please, will you tell us something about the WORKS guard? I want to know about that.

Dark_Cloud
Jul 2, 2004, 01:36 PM
*want's works guard* I wonder if my lv 110 RAmarl can do this quest on ultimate... i guess not it'd be easy ha ha ha. oh well le's start practicing.

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jul 2, 2004, 02:15 PM
The lowest chara in my Teams that went thru without to die was a 142 Racaseal hehe

Well works guard is a Level 14 Shield, 5 to EFR EIC and ETH, 14something DEF and some EVP. The look you can get from the pictures above.

So... I dont know if the shield has some hidden feature or alike but we can start making our own evil rumours! lol

- Sonic Team making a lottery out of the serial numbers and winner gets something cool!

- Need to show shield to NPC is some offline quest to get Elenor mag

- WORKS GUARD + PHOTON BOOSTER = WORKS BARRIER (Lv 155 Shield with built in State/Maintenance!)

(Disclaimer: Do not take serious nor spread)

PaleKid15
Jul 2, 2004, 02:21 PM
1- Still waiting for an answer to my previous question.

2- Has anyon tried using the various modifiers on it?
(moolah, iritista, heart key, syncesta, BB stone, photon booster, star amp, etc...)

Anisha__J-Hunter
Jul 2, 2004, 03:31 PM
Yes it goes at the very nd of the item discription

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 04:25 PM
What pictures? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

and i really hope at least one of those rumors is true.

DOG21313
Jul 2, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-06-30 10:01, Jack wrote:
Seems you can pick up a WORKS Guard.

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200407/18.png

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200407/18-1.png

It's always good to check the JP vBBS a day or two after a new quest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

These ones lain

Malkavian
Jul 3, 2004, 09:46 AM
Yesterday I did my 1st SS rank. Finally...

4players
Time: 0.00.00
Death: 1
Special Stage: 4.52

While a little before I did

3 players
Time: 0.00.00
Death: 1
Special Stage: 5.23

Only changes number of players and some seconds in Tower stage.

ilr2000
Jul 3, 2004, 11:51 AM
I think its clear that you need four people to get SS rank. A lot of other posts have said they didn't achieve SS until they had four people in the team.

Deus-Irae
Jul 4, 2004, 04:48 AM
questions:

-do you need more than 1 person to make the Guard talk to you before the quest and start the WIS mission? (ive tried several times and not gotten him to speak to me)

-someone asked about the secret wall on the Seaside level. there is an energy fence behind it. has anyone been able to access this area yet? (sorry if i missed this being answered)

thanks.

Gjl
Jul 4, 2004, 06:56 AM

I doubt that very much since the serial numbers are chosen by the players (I assume), so there's nothing stopping people from giving their guard the same serial. I can imagine a lot of people using numbers 5000, 29999 etc. so it would be dumb if duplicate serials resulted in something...nasty happening. If it was a dupe prevention system then the serials would be generated by the game to ensure they were unique. If anything it's probably just a customisation feature like the naming of S-Ranks.

Can this shield be claimed only in Ult? It would be great on my new RAcast for when I finally get online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-07-04 04:57 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jul 4, 2004, 09:48 AM
Ok In thinkg I got the SS Rank requirements. Since I'm following this I started to get ssranks quite easily.

SS Rank
-----------
Total time: Under 40 minutes
Deaths: Under 4 (could be 4 or maximum the same amount as players, never got 4 deaths so far)
Special stage Time: Under 5 minutes.

That's the key, the tower stage. It requires to go quite fast. In last room I go automatically up and kill the upper Ill Gill even before than the rest of team kills 1st Ill gill. And head to Epsilon asap. My record has been 4.22 so under 5 minutes is not that difficult with good team.

EJ
Jul 4, 2004, 09:59 AM
that sounds about right cuz I had three people on my team and we had only two death and thought we wont get SS rank but was wrong so it most likely the min. of death is the number of people on the team.

DOG21313
Jul 4, 2004, 06:02 PM
On 2004-07-04 02:48, Deus-Irae wrote:
questions:
-someone asked about the secret wall on the Seaside level. there is an energy fence behind it. has anyone been able to access this area yet? (sorry if i missed this being answered)

I think that is a result of Sonic Team's lazyness in making this quest, the other day I got the same enemy layout in Seaside. That door is the way to get to Gie Gue, so they just blocked it off with rocks and put in the boss teleporter. Maybe it is something more than that, but I dont think so.

Sharkyland
Jul 4, 2004, 06:26 PM
Wow, combined with photon booster, lvl 155? (Better than Standstill?)

Deus-Irae
Jul 5, 2004, 04:18 AM
On 2004-07-04 02:48, Deus-Irae wrote:

-do you need more than 1 person to make the Guard talk to you before the quest and start the WIS mission? (ive tried several times and not gotten him to speak to me)

Anyone?

thanks for the reply Dog. im not sure if i buy it, but thanks for the reply. i guess we"ll find out eventually.

but i need to know how to get the WIS mission started. that has not been addressed once in this topic as far as i can tell...

Skorpius
Jul 5, 2004, 06:24 AM
On 2004-07-04 16:26, Sharkyland wrote:
Wow, combined with photon booster, lvl 155? (Better than Standstill?)

On 2004-07-02 12:15, Anisha__J-Hunter wrote:

(Disclaimer: Do not take serious nor spread)

Auracom
Jul 5, 2004, 11:20 AM
Hey Deus! ^_^

I'll take this one for ya. As far as I know, you have to beat Respective Tomorrow first, then the second run through the soldier talks to you. I recall booting up the quest solo and running around talking to everyone, and all the guard said was "..." I beat it solo and the next time through the guy talked to me. He asked me if I wanted to take the WIS mission. And yeah everyone needs to get the WIS dectector as far as I know. But not everyone has to gather WIS.

If you beat Respective Tomorrow once already and the guard still hasn't talked to you then warp down to Temple and just warp back up. Try talking to him after you've tried that. ^_^

Sharkyland
Jul 5, 2004, 01:45 PM
Usually you have to talk to him before you start the vr mission or before anyone collects the WIS crystals I think (since the 1st one is just in front of you as you start).

My friend got a Works Guard, serial 09999, I tried the following items:
- Berill Photon
- Magic Rock "Moola"
- Star Amplifier"
- Parasite Cell D
- Photon Booster

Nothing...

lain2k3
Jul 5, 2004, 02:00 PM
**hopes that heart key or iritista do something**

And I got the WIS mission without beating the quest previously. But that was with 2 people. =/

Sharkyland
Jul 5, 2004, 04:55 PM
On 2004-07-05 12:00, lain2k3 wrote:
**hopes that heart key or iritista do something**

And I got the WIS mission without beating the quest previously. But that was with 2 people. =/

I don't have those with me, must be on another character. I also tried the blue-black stone.

Primrose
Jul 5, 2004, 05:58 PM
Works Guard is a shield that looks somewhat like Custom Barrier, and theres really nothing special to it. Theres no matching armor, no matching weapon, no boost or combining ability.
Nothing, just a personal serial number.

People really got high expectations... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

PaleKid15
Jul 5, 2004, 06:04 PM
On 2004-07-05 15:58, Primrose wrote:
Works Guard is a shield that looks somewhat like Custom Barrier, and theres really nothing special to it. Theres no matching armor, no matching weapon, no boost or combining ability.
Nothing, just a personal serial number.

People really got high expectations... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Wow... so expecting more than some usless items and a crappy shield from a mediocre quest with a REALLY stupid glitch is expecting too much? Well, we are talking about ST...

Deus-Irae
Jul 6, 2004, 04:38 AM
thanks Aura. long time no see. (ill try to catch you this week).

ill have to try that solo. i got a disconnect last time i beat this quest solo, so that must be why i still couldnt get him to talk to me.

i did do the quest today with a character who had never beaten this quest, but the other person playing with me had beaten it. the guard did speak to us right away, so thats one way around it.

thank you!

AquaFlare7
Jul 6, 2004, 07:51 AM
How did this slip through the item database?
*gets paranoid that there may be more undiscovered goods*

Deus-Irae
Jul 7, 2004, 04:16 AM
good question.

the WORKS shield you mean right?

i was thinking the same thing. never heard of this thing before. its not in any guide is it?

i could care less if i ever actually get the item, as it appears useless for me. but im very interested that it even exists at all.

Tareek
Jul 9, 2004, 01:58 AM
So, you need to do the WIS thing on Ultimate to get Custom -Frame, -Barrier, -Ray and the Works Guard? Or does this work on any other difficulty setting? What are the prizes for simply completing the quest without WIS subplot?
Havent managed to do the quest yet, because my Redria Force is now fit to hunt Red Slime (5 Addicting food runs and two TTF with about a hundred pipes divided among them and still no red slime. FRUSTRATION! )

Skorpius
Jul 9, 2004, 02:30 AM
Yes, it has to be in ultimate.

And, don't pipe online, it won't work.

Arislan
Jul 9, 2004, 02:42 AM
The reason it's not in the Item Database is because it's unobtainable, or at least, was until this quest. There are a few other items that are the same, and therefore, not in the database. If someone can give us the statistics, maybe a couple screens (equipped, one of the description, one of stats with it equipped) that would be great.

Tareek
Jul 9, 2004, 02:53 AM
And what do you get on the other difficulties? Star Atomisers and co? Why dont they make it Scape dolls, that would be a non rare that has at leastsome use.
I did know about piping online not to work, but
I thought it might work on slimes. Not on the starting ones but when they split?!? Well, so more Addicting food then.

Jack
Jul 9, 2004, 10:34 AM
http://psolife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10509&start=30

I made some maps by bastardising the ones from PSOW.

yellow5
Jul 9, 2004, 05:24 PM
To get the soldier to speak with you (and thus, initiating the WIS sidequest), don't speak with any NPCs besides the principal lady. Completing it once is not required.

When speaking with the soldier, obviously say "yes" three times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2004-07-09 15:25 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
Jul 10, 2004, 03:04 AM
On 2004-07-09 15:24, yellow5 wrote:
To get the soldier to speak with you (and thus, initiating the WIS sidequest), don't speak with any NPCs besides the principal lady. Completing it once is not required.

i dont think this info is correct. ive tried it several times. were you with another player who had allready gotten the WIS quest started?

ill try this again tomorrow and double check.

(i have gotten the WIS quest started, but the other player in the game had allready unlocked it)

re: WORKS Guard in the database.

i guess its just odd that we've never really heard about this item before. its not in the official guide (not too suprising, but still), but even more odd is we've not heard about this item from the people whove been able to access the actually disk data.

what other items from thin air are so far unreleased?
probably nothing good, but its still interesting.

WolfDreamer
Jul 10, 2004, 08:59 PM
OK, I wanted to post about this before I forgot about it and went on with PSO life, because I need to know if this is happening frequently or was just a weird "occurance". Two friends and I (3 people) play TRT on Ultimate in a game I created. We make it thru under 40 mins with no deaths and all the WIS collected. This is the first time all three of us had obtained SS rank on Ultimate. I go and get my Custom Barrier without a problem, but 1 of my friends tries to get it and is unable to. Only after I deposited my Barrier into the bank was he able to go and get his own Barrier. Now the 3rd and highest lvl character of the group ends up getting nothing at all because the game decides to glitch his finishing time to an ungodly amount of hours, so he gets a B. Now I've heard of people getting glitchy times, but I assumed the whole team experienced the glitch and not just 1 individual.

Anywho, I wanted to relate this occurance to you guys out there and see if anything similar has happened to anybody else and if there is anything behind these mishaps, like only one person can go get his reward at a time or something. This glitch downright pissed off the entire team because the one who got janked was the one who did most of the work too! I guess in a way you can call this a Rant as well, but I really wanted to post this up because I had never heard of anything like it happening before.

Proff
Jul 10, 2004, 09:08 PM
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/kaiyuss/worksguard.jpg
Works Guard
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/kaiyuss/godshield.jpg
New God Shield?
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/kaiyuss/blackgear.jpg
Black Gear

I got those off Google a long time ago (hacked on Xbox I believe). I've seen other pictures, but it was nearly a year ago and I don't have them any more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proff on 2004-07-10 19:09 ]</font>

Hrith
Jul 11, 2004, 08:57 AM
Greetings Prof,

There are many other unreleased items in PSO for GC/Xbox, but the reasons people like Sounomi, heyf00l, myself and this here site PSO-World never talked about them are:
--they are unreleased
--they do not come from monsters
--we do not want to confuse newbies
--we do NOT want topics that ask "how do I get Black Gear? Weapons Gold Shield?" etc.
--these items may simply be test items for ST that are never meant to be released (like there are in almost every game).

I am sure you understand, thank you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Jul 12, 2004, 09:37 AM
On 2004-07-10 18:59, WolfDreamer wrote:
OK, I wanted to post about this before I forgot about it and went on with PSO life, because I need to know if this is happening frequently or was just a weird "occurance". Two friends and I (3 people) play TRT on Ultimate in a game I created. We make it thru under 40 mins with no deaths and all the WIS collected. This is the first time all three of us had obtained SS rank on Ultimate. I go and get my Custom Barrier without a problem, but 1 of my friends tries to get it and is unable to. Only after I deposited my Barrier into the bank was he able to go and get his own Barrier. Now the 3rd and highest lvl character of the group ends up getting nothing at all because the game decides to glitch his finishing time to an ungodly amount of hours, so he gets a B. Now I've heard of people getting glitchy times, but I assumed the whole team experienced the glitch and not just 1 individual.

Anywho, I wanted to relate this occurance to you guys out there and see if anything similar has happened to anybody else and if there is anything behind these mishaps, like only one person can go get his reward at a time or something. This glitch downright pissed off the entire team because the one who got janked was the one who did most of the work too! I guess in a way you can call this a Rant as well, but I really wanted to post this up because I had never heard of anything like it happening before.

yeah that happened me all the time. Sometimes it affects only 1-2 persons. Once, it counted as we didnt go to the tower stage when we did.
I had to do 10 SS ranks to get my works guard thanks to these bugs. Funny is I got my last SS rank with 0.00.00 time. Bugged but for good at least.

DOG21313
Jul 13, 2004, 03:18 AM
I'm suprised nobody has posted this yet. I'd like to let you all know that there was a server maintenance tonight and the Olga exp thing was fixed. ST DID SOMETHING RIGHT! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Superguppie
Jul 13, 2004, 03:46 AM
Really? Damn. Now it's really TTF2 with all the annoying EXP hungry little brats being totaly incapable of doing anything but begging to do it with them...

Oh, any word of other fixes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-13 01:46 ]</font>

DOG21313
Jul 13, 2004, 03:51 AM
On 2004-07-13 01:46, Superguppie wrote:
Really? Damn. Now it's really TTF2 with all the annoying EXP hungry little brats being totaly incapable of doing anything but begging to do it with them...

Oh, any word of other fixes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-13 01:46 ]</font>

Well it still gives less exp than Towards the Future. Other fixes... Nothing that I saw. I dont know of anything else that needs to be fixed besides the time glitch; I couldnt tell if that was fixed or not.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 14, 2004, 11:32 AM
Here's the word from Armion on the bugs

Respective Tomorrow's initial no experience bug was fixed for the moment, before another bug surfaced after the fix. The new fixed version was taken down and the first version put in it's place. The quest is still undergoing a little touch up. Once all bugs are ironed out, the new version will be added at the relative scheduled server maintence.

heyf00L
Jul 14, 2004, 11:12 PM
On 2004-07-11 06:57, Kef wrote:
Greetings Prof,

There are many other unreleased items in PSO for GC/Xbox, but the reasons people like Sounomi, heyf00l, myself and this here site PSO-World never talked about them are:
--they are unreleased
--they do not come from monsters
--we do not want to confuse newbies
--we do NOT want topics that ask "how do I get Black Gear? Weapons Gold Shield?" etc.
--these items may simply be test items for ST that are never meant to be released (like there are in almost every game).

I am sure you understand, thank you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yes, I get enough email about Dark Falz and Olga Flow drops as it is. I shoulda never put them on the chart. :/

IceBurner
Jul 31, 2004, 02:54 PM
A fixed version seems to be up now. Completed it on easy last night just for the heck of it and I did recieve experience from Olga Flow. Wheee!