PDA

View Full Version : I cant kill Val Opt

kyotoFOREVER
Jun 25, 2004, 11:48 AM
I'm a level twenty foneman. I use gizonde on all of his moniter screens, and they all die, but he still doesnt come out in his second form!! How do I make him come out in his second form?

oeagrus
Jun 25, 2004, 11:50 AM
There's also a "thing" in the center of the room on the ceiling which you have to attack. Plus the little posts which come up out of the ground, you must target and eventually destroy the red one. (After which, a different post will turn red and you should kill that one until all the posts are gone.)

After all that, Vol Opt should rear his ugly head for you.

DezoPenguin
Jun 25, 2004, 11:50 AM
Kill the pillars, too.

Ketchup345
Jun 25, 2004, 11:51 AM
Try attacking the pillars when they come up, and the thing on top when they aren't.

Once every pillar is destroyed or you do a certain amount of damage, you will advance to the second form.

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 12:07 PM
I don't claim to be a good force and others may have better strategies than mine, but I'll tell you what has worked for my forces against Vol Opt.

Before I enter the boss fight, I shorcut gifoie, razonde, resta, sol atomisers, trifluids and trimates.

When I enter the boss fight, I move forward to the center of the room as quickly as I can and start ripping gifoie. That brings down the center piece and start immediately doing damage to Vol Opt's screens.

When I spot the pillars in my radar, I switch to razonde and rip it ass fast as I can press the button, pausing only to restore TP or HP.

It's usually only a matter of a couple of minutes before first stage ends and Vol Opt 2 comes out.

At this point I rip Razonde until Vol Opt is dead, pausing only to restore TP/HP or run if he's using his pillar or blue laser attacks.

That's what works for me.

gream-green
Jun 25, 2004, 12:52 PM
On 2004-06-25 10:07, Sitka wrote:
I don't claim to be a good force and others may have better strategies than mine, but I'll tell you what has worked for my forces against Vol Opt.

Before I enter the boss fight, I shorcut gifoie, razonde, resta, sol atomisers, trifluids and trimates.

When I enter the boss fight, I move forward to the center of the room as quickly as I can and start ripping gifoie. That brings down the center piece and start immediately doing damage to Vol Opt's screens.

When I spot the pillars in my radar, I switch to razonde and rip it ass fast as I can press the button, pausing only to restore TP or HP.

It's usually only a matter of a couple of minutes before first stage ends and Vol Opt 2 comes out.

At this point I rip Razonde until Vol Opt is dead, pausing only to restore TP/HP or run if he's using his pillar or blue laser attacks.

That's what works for me.

my two cents:

I wear my s-cane(or something with a gi-boost), and just cast gifoe (you do need high level gi-foie) on the first form I have never really had any problems at all beating the first form or getting the second to appear and Val Opt never even attacks me when I cast gifoe on the first form as soon as I cast gizonde he gets all pissed. On the second form I just cast gibarta, it takes ahwile on your own but you can bring a HOLY RAY - Rainbow Baton - Diska of Braveman or something like that to speed up killing the second form. It take about 1 minute to get through his first form and up to 3 1/2 - 4 minutes on the second. Basically I don't cast and zonde techs durng this fight and I find this to be the easiest boss in the game by far.
(Sil Dragon - freezes me)
(Val Opt V2 - takes longer
(Dark Falz - ouch!!!)

Sitka
Jun 25, 2004, 01:20 PM
45 minutes before you followed up my post with a better strategy.

Not bad!

teflon
Jun 25, 2004, 01:33 PM
Don't destroy the thing in the middle of the room. Instead, when the pillars come up, launch GiZonde at it. Usually, all of the pillars (including the evil one) are hit, and, if you have good enough GiZonde, can be destroyed easily. Don't bother with the thing in the screens. All you need is to destroy all the pillars to move onto the next form.

Swan
Jun 25, 2004, 08:15 PM
shoot (in your case, gizonde) anything your targeter locks unto. the big thingy on the ceiling for instance.

rena-ko
Jun 26, 2004, 07:00 AM
stand behind one of the pillar places, not in the middle. if they come out, do gizonde, ignore screens or the thing in the middle.
if youre bored and/or have too much TP, kill the middlething with some foie blasts...

Xaos127
Jun 26, 2004, 08:18 AM
just hotkey gizonde and fire away, you might need some hp or defense boosting equipment as well, for your Foneman

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 08:24 AM
On 2004-06-26 06:18, Xaos127 wrote:
just hotkey gizonde and fire away, you might need some hp or defense boosting equipment as well, for your Foneman

Defense does nothing. Many of his attacks are elemental in the first form, and in the second form they do a set amount of HP damage.